Page 2 of 16 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast

Thread: Watkins Watch

Thanks
    Thanked 3,218 Times in 1,859 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Re: Watkins Watch

Quote Originally Posted by Fletch View Post
    Let me ask you a question, and please answer it honestly.

Did you see yesterday what you were told about how Watkins would play this season
    ?

10 ypr avg.?

He averaged 7 in the preseason.

If he averages 12 ypr on the season will you think that he was a great pick?

- - - Updated - - -

Yes.

Did I say anything more than simply post the number of three WRs?
    It's one game. i think watkins is capable of a lot more. he has a rib injury. the bills threw 22 times. and they didn't have the "randy rule" with him. they passed to 8 different receivers. including watkins, the top 3 WR had catches of 20 yards or more. Williams caught a big pass in OT to set up the run that got us the field goal. Woods made several big catches.

Watkins did about as well as i would have hoped for week 1 in the NFL. he was targeted 4 times, and caught it 3 times. what more can you ask of a receiver? the one he didn't get was grossly overthrown. if he was targeted 6 times and dropped a couple easy ones, yes, it'd be a concern. but he caught what he was given. and frankly with the injury, i'm happy he was somewhat limited. they are going to need him to be a bigger part of their game plan, but that's on hackett and EJ to do so.

and the bears run defense sucks, and the bills elected to run for 200 yards. it's hard to argue that logic.

my concern is that the OL missed on a lot of blocks in the game and against a good DL, it may not lead to a 200 or even 100 yard day. improvements there are key ahead of any concerns about watkins.

2. Post thanked by:

gebobs (09-08-2014),Mad Bomber (09-14-2014),YardRat (09-08-2014)

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Exactly.

- - - Updated - - -

That's part of the game. He's not the only WR that played yesterday for which the same can be said. Right.
    so are the long runs and turnovers you are "taking away" in your other thread ...
    Quote Originally Posted by BillsZone Mod
    cas,

I'm just letting you know that you have been given 2 points for telling Wys AKA Mark to kill himself.

BillsZone Mod

One Bills Drive, Georgia - 871 miles south of Orchard Park gebobs's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 6,455 Times in 3,965 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by Thief View Post
    We was open on our one long bomb but was over thrown. If that pass is on the money he was racing for 6.
    If he was faster, he would have caught it.
    Lehner's history. He just doesn't know it yet.

5. Post thanked by:

jimmifli (09-08-2014),The last buffalo fan (09-08-2014)

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Here's a good article on Kelvin Benjamin.

http://espn.go.com/blog/carolina-pan...ssive-in-debut

I'd rather have him and our picks back for next season.
    http://www.billszone.com/fanzone/sho...s-haters/page3

Post #46

Quote Originally Posted by Yasgur's Farm View Post
    (Moderator) My name's Max Yasgur, and I approve of this post.
    Originally Posted by pmoon6
    The idea that you "won't settle" presumes that you have some kind of control. Delusional thinking at best for a supposed fan of a spectators' sport. Your way to deal with it is to constantly ***** and denigrate any move, any result concerning the team even if it's positive because you don't want your whittle feewings hurt again. It's a protection mechanism.

You shroud your childish approach in a vale of pompous, intellectual garbage in an attempt to look smart and "real". You over-analyze even minute points and manipulate statistics to fit your negative view of the team. Again, to feel good about yourself and to protect from getting hurt.

Of course, the criticisms are obviously from someone who has no understanding of the team concept or what it takes to excel at athletics.

The true "realist" understands that they have no control of what happens on the field or behind the closed doors at One Bills' Drive, so they do the prudent thing for a spectator. They enjoy the games on Sunday with family and friends, cheer for their team and realize that it's just entertainment.
    ------

"I was an integral part in the drafting process of EJ Manuel," Whaley said Thursday on NFL Network's Total Access. "I was the person that handled the draft process and setting up the board."

"We are committed. I want you to believe me when I say that," Whaley said of building around the second-year quarterback, per The Buffalo News. "I always tell you guys that I'll never say never because I don't want to paint myself in a corner, but when I do say something, I do it and I mean it and I try to fulfill it."

"We believe the addition of Sammy is going to be instant impact, not only to our quarterback, but to what our offensive coordinator can come up with game-plan wise and how defenses attack us," Whaley said.

Whaley on EJ Manuel: "We think we got a gem in this guy." (2:30)

"And as Mark says, if in three years maybe he's not [our quarterback of the future], then I'll be sitting there saying 'hey guys', .... anybody got a job for me?" - Doug Whaley

Unreachable Douche
    Thanks
    Thanked 6,913 Times in 4,367 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

As a non-fan of Whaley's ridiculous concessions to get Watkins I'll be watching both Kelvin Benjamin and Mike Evans this season, either of whom I wold have drafted with our original pick or maybe even traded down to get.

Both are 6'5".

Watkins had 3 catches for 31 yards. Manuel throwing.

Evans had 5 catches for 37 yards. McCown throwing.

Benjamin had 6 catches for 92 yards and a TD. Derek Anderson throwing.

Obviously there wasn't a lot to be impressed about regarding Watkins who is supposed to be so ridiculously fast that no one can keep up with him.

We'll see. Still not a BILL-iever in Watkins.
    Don't forget ...

Allen Hurns, 10 Rec, 110 yards, 2 TDs

Brandin Cooks 7 Rec, 77 yards, 1 TD

marquise Lee 6 Rec 62 Yards

In defense of Watkins, if EJ didn't over throw a wide open Watkins in the 3rd Qtr., he would have had a 76 yard touchdown.
    Last edited by TacklingDummy; 09-08-2014 at 05:20 PM.

Democrats are people too imbondz's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,005 Times in 2,185 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

it's hard to breathe, and almost impossible to move with rib injuries without being in a ton of pain, let alone stretch your arms to make a catch.
    My faith doesn’t make me perfect, it makes me forgiven.

Unreachable Douche
    Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by imbondz View Post
    it's hard to breathe, and almost impossible to move with rib injuries without being in a ton of pain, let alone stretch your arms to make a catch.
    He would have needed arms that stretched 7 feet or more on the over throw.
    Last edited by TacklingDummy; 09-08-2014 at 05:20 PM.

10. Post thanked by:

imbondz (09-08-2014)

Thanks
    Thanked 3,399 Times in 2,198 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

LOL

Just trying to assess whether or not there's real hope or not. I'm not seeing any.

Must suck though having to lavish one of what looks to be another one of a handful of wins as if something real has taken place to actually improve this team.

I'm guessing that you'll be among the suicidal in November. The childish waffling of everyone here is amazing.

Unlike you, I'll be happy when we win 10 games, not 1.
    I hope you leave this website and never come back.

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

What has happened to this once great message board.

Posters are more concerned about finding a way to bash the bills than to actually talk football.

First day back since my self imposed ban and shaking my head as I hit the exit button.

13. Post thanked by:

HAMMER (09-08-2014),Night Train (09-08-2014)

Unreachable Douche
    Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by DesertFox24 View Post
    What has happened to this once great message board.

Posters are more concerned about finding a way to bash the bills than to actually talk football.

First day back since my self imposed ban and shaking my head as I hit the exit button.
    My posts was actually positive for Watkins. He was that wide open on the 76 yard clunker.

Springfield, Massachusetts, United States
    Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

You do realize he burned the CB deep for 6 if EJ didnt overthrow him

Unreachable Douche
    Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by SquishDaFish View Post
    You do realize he burned the CB deep for 6 if EJ didnt overthrow him
    Think I mentioned that about 5 times.

Do you read what you write? Oaf's Avatar
    Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

For two first round picks, I expect Watkins to not only outperform Evans/Benj, but eventually play up to par on AJ Green and Julio. Anything else would be a disappointment and opportunity cost.

If you saw AJ Green (or even Cordarelle Patterson), he took over the game for CIN.

Time will tell.

18. Post thanked by:

Fletch (09-08-2014),jimmifli (09-08-2014)

Buffalo Bills Fan
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,092 Times in 2,341 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by Oaf View Post
    For two first round picks, I expect Watkins to not only outperform Evans/Benj, but eventually play up to par on AJ Green and Julio. Anything else would be a disappointment and opportunity cost.

If you saw AJ Green (or even Cordarelle Patterson), he took over the game for CIN.

Time will tell.
    CIN hosts ATL next Sunday...AJ Green and Julio Jones.
    Fiat justitia ruat caelum. Noli timere. Laus Deo.

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by Oaf View Post

Time will tell.
    Come on now, you expect anyone here to understand the concept of opportunity cost as it pertains to football. That stuff careens straight off their foreheads. ****, half these guys can't get past the trivial stuff.

I agree.

21. Post thanked by:

TacklingDummy (09-08-2014)

Thanks
    Thanked 8,492 Times in 4,868 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

As a non-fan of Whaley's ridiculous concessions to get Watkins I'll be watching both Kelvin Benjamin and Mike Evans this season, either of whom I wold have drafted with our original pick or maybe even traded down to get.
    As a Bills fan, I will be rooting for Watkins to do well.

Hump.

Power & Authority Demand Responsibility to the common good, and must never be abused.
    Thanks
    Thanked 5,891 Times in 4,183 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Both are 6'5".

Watkins had 3 catches for 31 yards. Manuel throwing.

Evans had 5 catches for 37 yards. McCown throwing.

Benjamin had 6 catches for 92 yards and a TD. Derek Anderson throwing.

Obviously there wasn't a lot to be impressed about regarding Watkins who is supposed to be so ridiculously fast that no one can keep up with him.

We'll see. Still not a BILL-iever in Watkins.
    Were you satisfied with ANYTHING yesterday?

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by feldspar View Post
    As a Bills fan, I will be rooting for Watkins to do well.

Hump.
    That too, but this just in, what you wish for makes absolutely no difference. I'm interested in the realities, not what happens in your or anyone else's dreams.

I realize that this place is dream driven.

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by MST3KBillsfan View Post
    Good question.

DL obviously had issues in allowing well over 300 passing yards and 4.8 ypc. Should that satisfy me? Both are marks that if they continue would rank us near the bottom. Did that make you happy?

Manuel played well for one quarter and then pretty much disappeared, just like most of last year. Should that satisfy me? Did it satisfy you?

Jackson played well when the game was on the line and I'm one of his biggest fans. He should have started back when Lynch was here but was snubbed by the team over the guy that got drafted higher despite not being as good as Jackson. So Jackson I thought played well enough on a big play scale.

Dixon had one big play, Spiller didn't do anything noteworthy and definitely nothing in the big play category. Should that satisfy me? Does it satisfy you?

The secondary made some big plays but also allowed 349 passing yards, so questionable how well they played.

The LBs also contributed to the 427 net by Chicago. So did coaching. It's clear that the coaching staff hasn't done much with Manuel, he was like 8 of 13 for 69 yards in quarters 2 through 4. Does that impress you? It doesn't do much for me heading into the other 15 games.

What I'm looking for are signs of all these marvelous things I'm hearing here about how the team has improved. Win or not, did you see a big difference considering those things? I didn't. I saw the same team on the field that beat the Fins twice, the Jets once, the Ravens, Panthers, and Jags last season, that's what I saw.

Should that make me happy and satisfy me? Does it satisfy you?

So it's a good question, but when you say satisfy, I have to consider that in terms of the entire season, not just a win over a team that could very well finish 4-12.

26. Post thanked by:

TacklingDummy (09-09-2014)

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by MST3KBillsfan View Post
    What were you satisfied with yesterday? Specifically.

And don't just cheap out and say "we won." That's obvious, use some brain power and do a little thinking instead of just being one of the sheep here.

The real question is how many games can we actually win by playing like that. I don't think it's very many. You can't constantly give up 30 1st downs, over 400 yards, allow QBs to go crazy in the passing game, constantly allow 4.8 ypc, let opponents have 32 minutes TOP, go 67% in the red zone, and other things and win games regularly.
    Last edited by Fletch; 09-08-2014 at 09:31 PM.