Originally posted by SquishDaFish View Post
      You do realize he burned the CB deep for 6 if EJ didnt overthrow him
      Think I mentioned that about 5 times.

Comment

• Oaf
        Do you read what you write?
        • Jun 2007

Re: Watkins Watch

For two first round picks, I expect Watkins to not only outperform Evans/Benj, but eventually play up to par on AJ Green and Julio. Anything else would be a disappointment and opportunity cost.

If you saw AJ Green (or even Cordarelle Patterson), he took over the game for CIN.

Time will tell.

Comment

• stuckincincy
          Buffalo Bills Fan
          • Sep 2003

Originally posted by Oaf View Post
          For two first round picks, I expect Watkins to not only outperform Evans/Benj, but eventually play up to par on AJ Green and Julio. Anything else would be a disappointment and opportunity cost.

If you saw AJ Green (or even Cordarelle Patterson), he took over the game for CIN.

Time will tell.
          CIN hosts ATL next Sunday...AJ Green and Julio Jones.
          Fiat justitia ruat caelum. Noli timere. Laus Deo.

Comment

• Fletch
            • May 2007

Originally posted by Oaf View Post

Time will tell.
            Come on now, you expect anyone here to understand the concept of opportunity cost as it pertains to football. That stuff careens straight off their foreheads. ****, half these guys can't get past the trivial stuff.

I agree.
            http://www.billszone.com/fanzone/sho...s-haters/page3

Post #46

Originally posted by Yasgur's Farm
            (Moderator) My name's Max Yasgur, and I approve of this post.
            Originally Posted by pmoon6
            The idea that you "won't settle" presumes that you have some kind of control. Delusional thinking at best for a supposed fan of a spectators' sport. Your way to deal with it is to constantly ***** and denigrate any move, any result concerning the team even if it's positive because you don't want your whittle feewings hurt again. It's a protection mechanism.

You shroud your childish approach in a vale of pompous, intellectual garbage in an attempt to look smart and "real". You over-analyze even minute points and manipulate statistics to fit your negative view of the team. Again, to feel good about yourself and to protect from getting hurt.

Of course, the criticisms are obviously from someone who has no understanding of the team concept or what it takes to excel at athletics.

The true "realist" understands that they have no control of what happens on the field or behind the closed doors at One Bills' Drive, so they do the prudent thing for a spectator. They enjoy the games on Sunday with family and friends, cheer for their team and realize that it's just entertainment.
            ------

"I was an integral part in the drafting process of EJ Manuel," Whaley said Thursday on NFL Network's Total Access. "I was the person that handled the draft process and setting up the board."

"We are committed. I want you to believe me when I say that," Whaley said of building around the second-year quarterback, per The Buffalo News. "I always tell you guys that I'll never say never because I don't want to paint myself in a corner, but when I do say something, I do it and I mean it and I try to fulfill it."

"We believe the addition of Sammy is going to be instant impact, not only to our quarterback, but to what our offensive coordinator can come up with game-plan wise and how defenses attack us," Whaley said.

Whaley on EJ Manuel: "We think we got a gem in this guy." (2:30)

"And as Mark says, if in three years maybe he's not [our quarterback of the future], then I'll be sitting there saying 'hey guys', .... anybody got a job for me?" - Doug Whaley

Comment

• feldspar
              • Mar 2007

Originally posted by Fletch View Post
              As a non-fan of Whaley's ridiculous concessions to get Watkins I'll be watching both Kelvin Benjamin and Mike Evans this season, either of whom I wold have drafted with our original pick or maybe even traded down to get.
              As a Bills fan, I will be rooting for Watkins to do well.

Hump.

Comment

• Gibby
                • Jun 2006

As a non-fan of Whaley's ridiculous concessions to get Watkins I'll be watching both Kelvin Benjamin and Mike Evans this season, either of whom I wold have drafted with our original pick or maybe even traded down to get.

Both are 6'5".

Watkins had 3 catches for 31 yards. Manuel throwing.

Evans had 5 catches for 37 yards. McCown throwing.

Benjamin had 6 catches for 92 yards and a TD. Derek Anderson throwing.

Obviously there wasn't a lot to be impressed about regarding Watkins who is supposed to be so ridiculously fast that no one can keep up with him.

We'll see. Still not a BILL-iever in Watkins.
                Were you satisfied with ANYTHING yesterday?

Comment

• Fletch
                  • May 2007

Originally posted by feldspar View Post
                  As a Bills fan, I will be rooting for Watkins to do well.

Hump.
                  That too, but this just in, what you wish for makes absolutely no difference. I'm interested in the realities, not what happens in your or anyone else's dreams.

I realize that this place is dream driven.

Post #46

The idea that you "won't settle" presumes that you have some kind of control. Delusional thinking at best for a supposed fan of a spectators' sport. Your way to deal with it is to constantly ***** and denigrate any move, any result concerning the team even if it's positive because you don't want your whittle feewings hurt again. It's a protection mechanism.

You shroud your childish approach in a vale of pompous, intellectual garbage in an attempt to look smart and "real". You over-analyze even minute points and manipulate statistics to fit your negative view of the team. Again, to feel good about yourself and to protect from getting hurt.

Of course, the criticisms are obviously from someone who has no understanding of the team concept or what it takes to excel at athletics.

The true "realist" understands that they have no control of what happens on the field or behind the closed doors at One Bills' Drive, so they do the prudent thing for a spectator. They enjoy the games on Sunday with family and friends, cheer for their team and realize that it's just entertainment.
                  ------

"I was an integral part in the drafting process of EJ Manuel," Whaley said Thursday on NFL Network's Total Access. "I was the person that handled the draft process and setting up the board."

"We are committed. I want you to believe me when I say that," Whaley said of building around the second-year quarterback, per The Buffalo News. "I always tell you guys that I'll never say never because I don't want to paint myself in a corner, but when I do say something, I do it and I mean it and I try to fulfill it."

"We believe the addition of Sammy is going to be instant impact, not only to our quarterback, but to what our offensive coordinator can come up with game-plan wise and how defenses attack us," Whaley said.

"And as Mark says, if in three years maybe he's not [our quarterback of the future], then I'll be sitting there saying 'hey guys', .... anybody got a job for me?" - Doug Whaley

Comment

• Fletch
                    • May 2007

Originally posted by MST3KBillsfan View Post
                    Good question.

DL obviously had issues in allowing well over 300 passing yards and 4.8 ypc. Should that satisfy me? Both are marks that if they continue would rank us near the bottom. Did that make you happy?

Manuel played well for one quarter and then pretty much disappeared, just like most of last year. Should that satisfy me? Did it satisfy you?

Jackson played well when the game was on the line and I'm one of his biggest fans. He should have started back when Lynch was here but was snubbed by the team over the guy that got drafted higher despite not being as good as Jackson. So Jackson I thought played well enough on a big play scale.

Dixon had one big play, Spiller didn't do anything noteworthy and definitely nothing in the big play category. Should that satisfy me? Does it satisfy you?

The secondary made some big plays but also allowed 349 passing yards, so questionable how well they played.

The LBs also contributed to the 427 net by Chicago. So did coaching. It's clear that the coaching staff hasn't done much with Manuel, he was like 8 of 13 for 69 yards in quarters 2 through 4. Does that impress you? It doesn't do much for me heading into the other 15 games.

What I'm looking for are signs of all these marvelous things I'm hearing here about how the team has improved. Win or not, did you see a big difference considering those things? I didn't. I saw the same team on the field that beat the Fins twice, the Jets once, the Ravens, Panthers, and Jags last season, that's what I saw.

Should that make me happy and satisfy me? Does it satisfy you?

So it's a good question, but when you say satisfy, I have to consider that in terms of the entire season, not just a win over a team that could very well finish 4-12.

Post #46

------

Comment

• Fletch
                      • May 2007

Originally posted by MST3KBillsfan View Post
                      What were you satisfied with yesterday? Specifically.

And don't just cheap out and say "we won." That's obvious, use some brain power and do a little thinking instead of just being one of the sheep here.

The real question is how many games can we actually win by playing like that. I don't think it's very many. You can't constantly give up 30 1st downs, over 400 yards, allow QBs to go crazy in the passing game, constantly allow 4.8 ypc, let opponents have 32 minutes TOP, go 67% in the red zone, and other things and win games regularly.
                      Last edited by Fletch; 09-08-2014, 09:31 PM.

Post #46

------

Comment

• feldspar
                        • Mar 2007

That too, but this just in, what you wish for makes absolutely no difference. I'm interested in the realities, not what happens in your or anyone else's dreams.

I realize that this place is dream driven.
                        Stupid concept to apply here.

Why not just root for the guy on your team and drop your need to be right all the time, especially if you want to harass other fans with your negative slants all the time? We'll all hoist you upon our shoulders and parade you around the room when you are proven right...is this the stuff your dreams are composed of?

"this just in"...go take a flying leap.

WTF does being a Bills fan mean to you?

Also, you're an idiot if you want to focus on a WR's stats if you don't consider who the guy is that's throwing him the ball. A WR is completely dependent upon that. And the thing that's irrelevant is whether or not you like what the Bills gave up to get Watkins. The transaction has already happened. If you can't accept that, then that's your problem, isn't it? Makes you a hump if you want to be a little ***** about it and nitpick all season. Yeah, focus on comparisons to other receivers' production. Why do you think other people would care that you want to be a ****?
                        Last edited by feldspar; 09-08-2014, 09:50 PM.

Comment

• Fletch
                          • May 2007

Stupid concept to apply here.

Why not just root for the guy on your team and drop your need to be right all the time, especially if you want to harass other fans with your negative slants all the time? We'll all hoist you upon our shoulders and parade you around the room when you are proven right...is this the stuff your dreams are composed of?

Also, you're an idiot if you want to focus on a WR's stats if you don't consider who the guy is that's throwing him the ball. A WR is completely dependent upon that. And the thing that's irrelevant is whether or not you like what the Bills gave up to get Watkins. The transaction has already happened. If you can't accept that, then that's your problem, isn't it? Makes you a hump if you want to be a little ***** about it all season. Yeah, focus on comparisons to other receivers' production. Why do you think other people would care that you want to be a ****?
                          LOL

I see, so now it's about me being right. Man, would you settle on something please.

My views are the most consistent thing in this stench filled place. They don't change with the winds of a game outcome like so many others do.

The difference between you and me is that I view this as a place to discuss the team, not to merely be a cheerleader for the wretched and idiotic. You choose to do that, good for you, but my intelligence won't allow me to be used as a tool like that. Great to see that you don't mind.

I'll tell ya, and I've said it repeatedly which merely drives home then notion that either your and other posters memories are about as long as your pecker or that you don't read them.

Either way, you wouldn't understand it given your **** for brains mentality.

It means expecting the people that are in control of the team to do their jobs effectively. That means hiring the right GM who in turn hires the right coach who in turn hires the right asssistants that will do the most with the talent we have on the roster and to acquire the missing talent so that we become a team capable of competing with the best teams in the league, like the Pats whom we've beaten once in the last 21 games.

I realize that to you being a fan means showing up at OBD regularly with your knee pads on and mouth wide open. It means something else for me.

I expect professionalism, not cronyism, from those leading and running the team. I expect a good team or at least the best foot forward. If the best doesn't cut it then find someone else whose best will cut it. We've gotten anything but that in Buffalo since the '90s.

Yardrat is just now on record saying that he doesn't want Pegula firing anyone in the front office. Again, knee pads on, mouth open, ... action!

Again, I don't expect you to understand that in the least. I expect more "go take a flying leap" comments, not anything rational or that makes much sense.

I would highly question who the bigger fan is though, someone, or some people, perfectly willing to accept garbage, or someone that refuses to accept it and is critical of it.

W. Edward Deming said the following, and you likely have absolutely no idea who he is, but go look him up, he said this;

It is not enough to do your best; you must know what to odo, and then do your best.
                          Seymour Fine said the following;
                          "When a customer complains, he is doing you a special favor; he is giving you another chance to serve him to his satisfaction. You will appreciate the importance of this opportunity when you consider that the customer's alternative option was to desert you for a competitor."
                          It's obviously a little different in sports because one typically doesn't just walk away for another team, but the core sentiment is the same. Lost on you I realize, but that doesn't change it.

"Your most unhappy customers are your greatest source of learning."
                          - Bill Gates

"Customers don't expect you to be perfect. They DO expect you to fix things when they go wrong."
                          - VP Dan Porter, British Airways

Post #46

------

Comment

• MikeInRoch
                            • Sep 2003

I'm watching Watkins right now. He seems like he might work out.
                            "'Clean up your room.', 'Stand up straight.', 'Pick up your feet.', 'Take it like a man.', 'Be nice to your sister.', 'Don't mix beer and wine, ever.'. Oh yeah, 'Don't drive on the railroad track.'"

"Eh, Phil. That's one I happen to agree with."

Comment

• Novacane
                              • Jul 2002

Thanks Mike. I was gonna go bump this thread just in case Fletch forgot to!

Comment

• Don't Panic
                                All-Pro Zoner
                                • Dec 2005

Shhhhhhhhh

Comment

Working...
                                X