• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Novacane
    • Jul 2002

Re: Watkins Watch

Originally posted by Fletch View Post
    LOL

Just trying to assess whether or not there's real hope or not. I'm not seeing any.

Must suck though having to lavish one of what looks to be another one of a handful of wins as if something real has taken place to actually improve this team.

I'm guessing that you'll be among the suicidal in November. The childish waffling of everyone here is amazing.

Unlike you, I'll be happy when we win 10 games, not 1.

What must suck is not being able to enjoy a win because you are so vested in the QB failing and the team moving. Then again why should I expect you to enjoy a win when you obviously don't like the team. Most of us here are taking it for what it is. A win we didn't expect. Obviously 1 win doesn't mean a turn around and there are issues that have to improve. I'll worry about that later and enjoy this win. Go ahead and keep pretending you're smarter than everyone else if that makes you feel good!
    Last edited by Novacane; 09-08-2014, 10:49 AM.

Comment

• trapezeus
      Legendary Zoner
      • Oct 2004

TB defense gave up 334 yards total and 221 passing yards. Kelvin had 92 yards of it. Olsen had 83 yards and cotchery had 31 yards.TB focused on getting the ball to 3 receivers and had success on 34 pass attempts.

bills threw 22 passes and had 16 completions. 8 different receivers were targeted. the bills ran for almost 200 yards. so passing wasn't their main goal. and watkins caught the three targets he was given.

i don't like trading a 1st round pick for a team that's not really close to a championship, but your data thus far is inconclusive.

Comment

• MitchMurrayDowntown
        Skoobasaurus-Rex
        • Oct 2011

Originally posted by Ginger Vitis View Post
        Ahh you did that all day yesterday lol
        First game assessments ? That wasn't me, unless I was drunk.

Comment

• ICRockets
          Childish Fake Voter
          • Jul 2008

You do realize we've only actually PLAYED one game, right? Are you saying you're inherently incapable of feeling happiness in September, October, and most of November? That must be awful.

Comment

• Fletch
            • May 2007

Originally posted by trapezeus View Post
            TB defense gave up 334 yards total and 221 passing yards. Kelvin had 92 yards of it. Olsen had 83 yards and cotchery had 31 yards.TB focused on getting the ball to 3 receivers and had success on 34 pass attempts.

bills threw 22 passes and had 16 completions. 8 different receivers were targeted. the bills ran for almost 200 yards. so passing wasn't their main goal. and watkins caught the three targets he was given.

i don't like trading a 1st round pick for a team that's not really close to a championship, but your data thus far is inconclusive.
            Let me ask you a question, and please answer it honestly.

Did you see yesterday what you were told about how Watkins would play this season?

10 ypr avg.?

He averaged 7 in the preseason.

If he averages 12 ypr on the season will you think that he was a great pick?

- - - Updated - - -

Originally posted by ICRockets View Post
            You do realize we've only actually PLAYED one game, right? Are you saying you're inherently incapable of feeling happiness in September, October, and most of November? That must be awful.
            Yes.

Did I say anything more than simply post the number of three WRs?
            http://www.billszone.com/fanzone/sho...s-haters/page3

Post #46

Originally posted by Yasgur's Farm
            (Moderator) My name's Max Yasgur, and I approve of this post.
            Originally Posted by pmoon6
            The idea that you "won't settle" presumes that you have some kind of control. Delusional thinking at best for a supposed fan of a spectators' sport. Your way to deal with it is to constantly ***** and denigrate any move, any result concerning the team even if it's positive because you don't want your whittle feewings hurt again. It's a protection mechanism.

You shroud your childish approach in a vale of pompous, intellectual garbage in an attempt to look smart and "real". You over-analyze even minute points and manipulate statistics to fit your negative view of the team. Again, to feel good about yourself and to protect from getting hurt.

Of course, the criticisms are obviously from someone who has no understanding of the team concept or what it takes to excel at athletics.

The true "realist" understands that they have no control of what happens on the field or behind the closed doors at One Bills' Drive, so they do the prudent thing for a spectator. They enjoy the games on Sunday with family and friends, cheer for their team and realize that it's just entertainment.
            ------

"I was an integral part in the drafting process of EJ Manuel," Whaley said Thursday on NFL Network's Total Access. "I was the person that handled the draft process and setting up the board."

"We are committed. I want you to believe me when I say that," Whaley said of building around the second-year quarterback, per The Buffalo News. "I always tell you guys that I'll never say never because I don't want to paint myself in a corner, but when I do say something, I do it and I mean it and I try to fulfill it."

"We believe the addition of Sammy is going to be instant impact, not only to our quarterback, but to what our offensive coordinator can come up with game-plan wise and how defenses attack us," Whaley said.

Whaley on EJ Manuel: "We think we got a gem in this guy." (2:30)

"And as Mark says, if in three years maybe he's not [our quarterback of the future], then I'll be sitting there saying 'hey guys', .... anybody got a job for me?" - Doug Whaley

Comment

• trapezeus
              Legendary Zoner
              • Oct 2004

Let me ask you a question, and please answer it honestly.

Did you see yesterday what you were told about how Watkins would play this season
              ?

10 ypr avg.?

He averaged 7 in the preseason.

If he averages 12 ypr on the season will you think that he was a great pick?

- - - Updated - - -

Yes.

Did I say anything more than simply post the number of three WRs?
              It's one game. i think watkins is capable of a lot more. he has a rib injury. the bills threw 22 times. and they didn't have the "randy rule" with him. they passed to 8 different receivers. including watkins, the top 3 WR had catches of 20 yards or more. Williams caught a big pass in OT to set up the run that got us the field goal. Woods made several big catches.

Watkins did about as well as i would have hoped for week 1 in the NFL. he was targeted 4 times, and caught it 3 times. what more can you ask of a receiver? the one he didn't get was grossly overthrown. if he was targeted 6 times and dropped a couple easy ones, yes, it'd be a concern. but he caught what he was given. and frankly with the injury, i'm happy he was somewhat limited. they are going to need him to be a bigger part of their game plan, but that's on hackett and EJ to do so.

and the bears run defense sucks, and the bills elected to run for 200 yards. it's hard to argue that logic.

my concern is that the OL missed on a lot of blocks in the game and against a good DL, it may not lead to a 200 or even 100 yard day. improvements there are key ahead of any concerns about watkins.

Comment

• casdhf
                • Jul 2002

Exactly.

- - - Updated - - -

That's part of the game. He's not the only WR that played yesterday for which the same can be said. Right.
                so are the long runs and turnovers you are "taking away" in your other thread ...
                Originally posted by BillsZone Mod
                cas,

I'm just letting you know that you have been given 2 points for telling Wys AKA Mark to kill himself.

BillsZone Mod

Comment

• gebobs
                  One Bills Drive, Georgia - 871 miles south of Orchard Park
                  • Sep 2003

Originally posted by Thief View Post
                  We was open on our one long bomb but was over thrown. If that pass is on the money he was racing for 6.
                  If he was faster, he would have caught it.
                  Lehner's history. He just doesn't know it yet.

Comment

• Fletch
                    • May 2007

Here's a good article on Kelvin Benjamin.

TAMPA, Fla. -- Maybe the best thing about Carolina Panthers rookie wide receiver Kelvin Benjamin is he doesn't know how good he is. He called Sunday's 26-yard touchdown early in the fourth quarter of a 20-14 victory over the Tampa Bay Buccaneers "just another catch," and it was anything but.

I'd rather have him and our picks back for next season.
                    http://www.billszone.com/fanzone/sho...s-haters/page3

Post #46

Originally posted by Yasgur's Farm
                    (Moderator) My name's Max Yasgur, and I approve of this post.
                    Originally Posted by pmoon6
                    The idea that you "won't settle" presumes that you have some kind of control. Delusional thinking at best for a supposed fan of a spectators' sport. Your way to deal with it is to constantly ***** and denigrate any move, any result concerning the team even if it's positive because you don't want your whittle feewings hurt again. It's a protection mechanism.

You shroud your childish approach in a vale of pompous, intellectual garbage in an attempt to look smart and "real". You over-analyze even minute points and manipulate statistics to fit your negative view of the team. Again, to feel good about yourself and to protect from getting hurt.

Of course, the criticisms are obviously from someone who has no understanding of the team concept or what it takes to excel at athletics.

The true "realist" understands that they have no control of what happens on the field or behind the closed doors at One Bills' Drive, so they do the prudent thing for a spectator. They enjoy the games on Sunday with family and friends, cheer for their team and realize that it's just entertainment.
                    ------

"I was an integral part in the drafting process of EJ Manuel," Whaley said Thursday on NFL Network's Total Access. "I was the person that handled the draft process and setting up the board."

"We are committed. I want you to believe me when I say that," Whaley said of building around the second-year quarterback, per The Buffalo News. "I always tell you guys that I'll never say never because I don't want to paint myself in a corner, but when I do say something, I do it and I mean it and I try to fulfill it."

"We believe the addition of Sammy is going to be instant impact, not only to our quarterback, but to what our offensive coordinator can come up with game-plan wise and how defenses attack us," Whaley said.

Whaley on EJ Manuel: "We think we got a gem in this guy." (2:30)

"And as Mark says, if in three years maybe he's not [our quarterback of the future], then I'll be sitting there saying 'hey guys', .... anybody got a job for me?" - Doug Whaley

Comment

• TacklingDummy
                      Unreachable Douche
                      • Jul 2002

As a non-fan of Whaley's ridiculous concessions to get Watkins I'll be watching both Kelvin Benjamin and Mike Evans this season, either of whom I wold have drafted with our original pick or maybe even traded down to get.

Both are 6'5".

Watkins had 3 catches for 31 yards. Manuel throwing.

Evans had 5 catches for 37 yards. McCown throwing.

Benjamin had 6 catches for 92 yards and a TD. Derek Anderson throwing.

Obviously there wasn't a lot to be impressed about regarding Watkins who is supposed to be so ridiculously fast that no one can keep up with him.

We'll see. Still not a BILL-iever in Watkins.
                      Don't forget ...

Allen Hurns, 10 Rec, 110 yards, 2 TDs

Brandin Cooks 7 Rec, 77 yards, 1 TD

marquise Lee 6 Rec 62 Yards

In defense of Watkins, if EJ didn't over throw a wide open Watkins in the 3rd Qtr., he would have had a 76 yard touchdown.
                      Last edited by TacklingDummy; 09-08-2014, 05:20 PM.

Comment

• imbondz
                        Democrats are people too
                        • Jan 2003

it's hard to breathe, and almost impossible to move with rib injuries without being in a ton of pain, let alone stretch your arms to make a catch.
                        My faith doesn’t make me perfect, it makes me forgiven.

Comment

• TacklingDummy
                          Unreachable Douche
                          • Jul 2002

Originally posted by imbondz View Post
                          it's hard to breathe, and almost impossible to move with rib injuries without being in a ton of pain, let alone stretch your arms to make a catch.
                          He would have needed arms that stretched 7 feet or more on the over throw.
                          Last edited by TacklingDummy; 09-08-2014, 05:20 PM.

Comment

• BertSquirtgum
                            • May 2009

LOL

Just trying to assess whether or not there's real hope or not. I'm not seeing any.

Must suck though having to lavish one of what looks to be another one of a handful of wins as if something real has taken place to actually improve this team.

I'm guessing that you'll be among the suicidal in November. The childish waffling of everyone here is amazing.

I hope you leave this website and never come back.

Comment

• DesertFox24
                              • Jul 2005

What has happened to this once great message board.

Posters are more concerned about finding a way to bash the bills than to actually talk football.

First day back since my self imposed ban and shaking my head as I hit the exit button.

Comment

• TacklingDummy
                                Unreachable Douche
                                • Jul 2002

Originally posted by DesertFox24 View Post
                                What has happened to this once great message board.

Posters are more concerned about finding a way to bash the bills than to actually talk football.

First day back since my self imposed ban and shaking my head as I hit the exit button.
                                My posts was actually positive for Watkins. He was that wide open on the 76 yard clunker.

Comment

Working...
                                X