End of the line for Toronto's NFL hopes. The Bills will be sold to Terry Pegula.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • BertSquirtgum
    Legendary Zoner
    • May 2009

Re: End of the line for Toronto's NFL hopes. The Bills will be sold to Terry Pegula.

Kelly Pegula. Attractive.

Comment

• Dr. Lecter
      Zero for Zero!
      • Mar 2003

Re: End of the line for Toronto's NFL hopes. The Bills will be sold to Terry Pegula.

Originally posted by OpIv37 View Post
      Yeah this is at least the fifth time we've heard that the Toronto group was dead, only to find out a day or two later that they are still involved. So I'll believe it when I see it.
      No you won't
      Originally posted by mysticsoto
      Lecter is right in everything he said.

Comment

• Dr. Lecter
        Zero for Zero!
        • Mar 2003

Tim Graham ‏@ByTimGraham 1m

Another update phoned into the desk: Bills sale moving fast and in Pegula's direction. Maybe even overnight. Sounds like a record NFL sale.

Comment

• YardRat
          Well, lookie here...
          • Dec 2004

I'm going to laugh my ass off if Peg's comes in at 1.3bil or higher.
          YardRat Wall of Fame
          #56 DARRYL TALLEY
          #29 DERRICK BURROUGHS#22 FRED JACKSON #95 KYLE WILLIAMS

Comment

• Mike
            • Jan 2009

Originally posted by WagonCircler View Post
            John Kryk has been the most consistently accurate reporter throughout the Bills' sale process. This article is basically a five finger death punch to the other bidders, and provides a healthy dose of STFU to those who think that money alone would determine whose bid will be accepted by the trust.

If you need a reason beyond his acres of cash why Terry Pegula has a significant edge over his rival bidders in the Buffalo Bills sale, consider this.

Sun Media has learned that the highest bidder is not necessarily going to get the team.

Binding, definitive offers in the NFL club’s sale were due Monday at 5 p.m. EDT. At least three came in.

Two critical factors beyond money — both long speculated as playing a role — indeed are among the Ralph Wilson trust’s expressed selection criteria. Sun Media has confirmed that “certainty of NFL approval” is one, and the ability to close the deal immediately is the other.

According to a source in the position to know, Morgan Stanley — the Wilson trust’s investment bank conducting the sale — in early July informed prospective bidders who’d signed a non-disclosure agreement that, in selecting finalists, the Wilson trust would place “great weight” on the above two factors.

Those factors remain critical in the selection of a winning bidder, according to two informed sources.

Unlike with his two known rival bidders — Donald Trump and Jon Bon Jovi’s Toronto group — neither factor is believed to be an issue for Pegula.

More...

Suck it, Felch.
            !!!!!! JUST SAW IT IN ESPN !!!!!

Awesome!!!! Excited hope he changes the culture & a new stadium downtown or waterfront would be Killer!!!!
            Please Make Sense

Comment

• WagonCircler
              Escaped Convict
              • Jul 2002

If Pegula is announced as the new Bills owner, I say we play Livin' on a Prayer instead of the Shout song this Sunday, just to mock Bon Jovi.

Comment

• WagonCircler
                Escaped Convict
                • Jul 2002

This is happening!!

Comment

• WagonCircler
                  Escaped Convict
                  • Jul 2002

Joe Buscaglia:

Joe Buscaglia ‏@JoeBuscaglia 4m
                  Like my media brethren @ByTimGraham, @AdamBenigni and @AdamSchefter, source telling me all signs are pointing to Pegula getting the #Bills

Comment

• Fletch
                    • May 2007

Why are you treating this as news?

This has been the case for as long as bids have been submitted.

Just let the news hit and when it does, officially, post it.
                    http://www.billszone.com/fanzone/sho...s-haters/page3

Post #46

Originally posted by Yasgur's Farm
                    (Moderator) My name's Max Yasgur, and I approve of this post.
                    Originally Posted by pmoon6
                    The idea that you "won't settle" presumes that you have some kind of control. Delusional thinking at best for a supposed fan of a spectators' sport. Your way to deal with it is to constantly ***** and denigrate any move, any result concerning the team even if it's positive because you don't want your whittle feewings hurt again. It's a protection mechanism.

You shroud your childish approach in a vale of pompous, intellectual garbage in an attempt to look smart and "real". You over-analyze even minute points and manipulate statistics to fit your negative view of the team. Again, to feel good about yourself and to protect from getting hurt.

Of course, the criticisms are obviously from someone who has no understanding of the team concept or what it takes to excel at athletics.

The true "realist" understands that they have no control of what happens on the field or behind the closed doors at One Bills' Drive, so they do the prudent thing for a spectator. They enjoy the games on Sunday with family and friends, cheer for their team and realize that it's just entertainment.
                    ------

"I was an integral part in the drafting process of EJ Manuel," Whaley said Thursday on NFL Network's Total Access. "I was the person that handled the draft process and setting up the board."

"We are committed. I want you to believe me when I say that," Whaley said of building around the second-year quarterback, per The Buffalo News. "I always tell you guys that I'll never say never because I don't want to paint myself in a corner, but when I do say something, I do it and I mean it and I try to fulfill it."

"We believe the addition of Sammy is going to be instant impact, not only to our quarterback, but to what our offensive coordinator can come up with game-plan wise and how defenses attack us," Whaley said.

Whaley on EJ Manuel: "We think we got a gem in this guy." (2:30)

"And as Mark says, if in three years maybe he's not [our quarterback of the future], then I'll be sitting there saying 'hey guys', .... anybody got a job for me?" - Doug Whaley

Comment

• WagonCircler
                      Escaped Convict
                      • Jul 2002

Piss off, Felch.

This is like Christmas Eve.

Comment

• Fletch
                        • May 2007

Originally posted by Dr. Lecter View Post
                        Really? Really?

I try to be nice to you

Then you throw something like out there.

BTW - before you say something - I will respond to you tomorrow. Not that I already did not address many of the points.

but can you admit acting like Watkins is a bust or something after one game is stupid beyond belief?
                        I have no idea WTF you're talking about. That post wasn't even addressed to you, it was addressed to Yardrat who clearly doesn't care if we're ever a good team. All he wants is a 4-12 team in Buffalo apparently.

As to Watkins, I have no idea why you think I'm saying he's a bust. But he has to be so much more than just a 1st rounder to match what we gave up for him.

I posted after the draft that we should have taken either Evans or Benjamin, so if those guys play better then what, does that make me more knowledgeable than our dumbfounded GM and the rest of the FO?

It's not about Watkins being a bust, it's about whether or not the picks were a judicious use of them to get him.

Right now, and this is a fact, he's had 3 catches for 21 yards in preseason, and 3 for 31 in season.

Everyone was expecting him and his speed to come out of the gates swinging, but it hasn't even shown signs of happening, just as with Spiller.

Yeah yeah, he's injured. So are 200 other players that put up numbers on Sunday. He wasn't injured in preseason when he put up 3 for 21 and a whopping 7 ypr avg.

So the ones on the short end of any discussion as to whether or not Watkins was worth the pick should have absolutely nothing to say at the moment. Period.
                        Last edited by Fletch; 09-08-2014, 10:26 PM.

Post #46

The idea that you "won't settle" presumes that you have some kind of control. Delusional thinking at best for a supposed fan of a spectators' sport. Your way to deal with it is to constantly ***** and denigrate any move, any result concerning the team even if it's positive because you don't want your whittle feewings hurt again. It's a protection mechanism.

You shroud your childish approach in a vale of pompous, intellectual garbage in an attempt to look smart and "real". You over-analyze even minute points and manipulate statistics to fit your negative view of the team. Again, to feel good about yourself and to protect from getting hurt.

Of course, the criticisms are obviously from someone who has no understanding of the team concept or what it takes to excel at athletics.

The true "realist" understands that they have no control of what happens on the field or behind the closed doors at One Bills' Drive, so they do the prudent thing for a spectator. They enjoy the games on Sunday with family and friends, cheer for their team and realize that it's just entertainment.
                        ------

"I was an integral part in the drafting process of EJ Manuel," Whaley said Thursday on NFL Network's Total Access. "I was the person that handled the draft process and setting up the board."

"We are committed. I want you to believe me when I say that," Whaley said of building around the second-year quarterback, per The Buffalo News. "I always tell you guys that I'll never say never because I don't want to paint myself in a corner, but when I do say something, I do it and I mean it and I try to fulfill it."

"We believe the addition of Sammy is going to be instant impact, not only to our quarterback, but to what our offensive coordinator can come up with game-plan wise and how defenses attack us," Whaley said.

"And as Mark says, if in three years maybe he's not [our quarterback of the future], then I'll be sitting there saying 'hey guys', .... anybody got a job for me?" - Doug Whaley

Comment

• Fletch
                          • May 2007

Originally posted by Mike View Post
                          Excited hope he changes the culture & a new stadium downtown or waterfront would be Killer!!!!
                          That's key right there.

- - - Updated - - -

Originally posted by YardRat View Post
                          It's really humorous how angry you are after a win. Watching you melt down all over the boards after the first game of the season has become priceless.
                          Angry? LOL

You've got me mistaken loser.

Post #46

------

Comment

• Fletch
                            • May 2007

Originally posted by Dr. Lecter View Post
                            Really? Really?

I try to be nice to you

Then you throw something like out there.

BTW - before you say something - I will respond to you tomorrow. Not that I already did not address many of the points.

but can you admit acting like Watkins is a bust or something after one game is stupid beyond belief?
                            BTW, you called me out earlier for daring to even remotely consider that you'd make a post designed to get me involved, but just look at all the nonsense being sent my way.

The only thing that looks ridiculous to outsiders is this forum. It's not me.

Post #46

------

Comment

• Dr. Lecter
                              Zero for Zero!
                              • Mar 2003

Originally posted by Fletch View Post
                              BTW, you called me out earlier for daring to even remotely consider that you'd make a post designed to get me involved, but just look at all the nonsense being sent my way.

The only thing that looks ridiculous to outsiders is this forum. It's not me.
                              Yeah - I can assure you that the thread was nothing to do with going after you. I saw the stat on Twitter and posted it because I thought it was interesting. You can believe me or now. But in the past when I have done something to poke fun at somebody I have no problem saying I did.

And I tend to think I have build up enough of a reputation here that I don't feed a line of **** to people.

As for the nonsense sent your way, yep . I see it.

I also see you dishing a lot out.

If you can't take it don't dish it. It is pretty easy.

Wagon and I have gone at it plenty of times on various subjects.

But he never whines when I dish it back.

Comment

• WagonCircler
                                Escaped Convict
                                • Jul 2002

But wait, there's more!

Comment

Working...
                                X