• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • MikeInRoch
    • Sep 2003

Let me be the first to say it...

Pegula is cheap!!
    "'Clean up your room.', 'Stand up straight.', 'Pick up your feet.', 'Take it like a man.', 'Be nice to your sister.', 'Don't mix beer and wine, ever.'. Oh yeah, 'Don't drive on the railroad track.'"

"Eh, Phil. That's one I happen to agree with."
  • Fletch
    • May 2007

Re: Let me be the first to say it...

I don't understand, what's the point of this post?
    http://www.billszone.com/fanzone/sho...s-haters/page3

Post #46

Originally posted by Yasgur's Farm
    (Moderator) My name's Max Yasgur, and I approve of this post.
    Originally Posted by pmoon6
    The idea that you "won't settle" presumes that you have some kind of control. Delusional thinking at best for a supposed fan of a spectators' sport. Your way to deal with it is to constantly ***** and denigrate any move, any result concerning the team even if it's positive because you don't want your whittle feewings hurt again. It's a protection mechanism.

You shroud your childish approach in a vale of pompous, intellectual garbage in an attempt to look smart and "real". You over-analyze even minute points and manipulate statistics to fit your negative view of the team. Again, to feel good about yourself and to protect from getting hurt.

Of course, the criticisms are obviously from someone who has no understanding of the team concept or what it takes to excel at athletics.

The true "realist" understands that they have no control of what happens on the field or behind the closed doors at One Bills' Drive, so they do the prudent thing for a spectator. They enjoy the games on Sunday with family and friends, cheer for their team and realize that it's just entertainment.
    ------

"I was an integral part in the drafting process of EJ Manuel," Whaley said Thursday on NFL Network's Total Access. "I was the person that handled the draft process and setting up the board."

"We are committed. I want you to believe me when I say that," Whaley said of building around the second-year quarterback, per The Buffalo News. "I always tell you guys that I'll never say never because I don't want to paint myself in a corner, but when I do say something, I do it and I mean it and I try to fulfill it."

"We believe the addition of Sammy is going to be instant impact, not only to our quarterback, but to what our offensive coordinator can come up with game-plan wise and how defenses attack us," Whaley said.

Whaley on EJ Manuel: "We think we got a gem in this guy." (2:30)

"And as Mark says, if in three years maybe he's not [our quarterback of the future], then I'll be sitting there saying 'hey guys', .... anybody got a job for me?" - Doug Whaley

Comment

• Fixxxer
      • Jul 2002

Originally posted by Fletch View Post
      I don't understand, what's the point of this post?
      That's because you're not a Bills fan.

Comment

• Scumbag College
        • Oct 2002

Originally posted by MikeInRoch View Post
        Pegula is cheap!!
        It doesn't have the same ring....but I can't wait to post that here after every FA signing for the NEXT FIFTY YEARS since the Bills are staying put and we don't ever have to hear the "Toronto Bills" or "LA Bills" or "Albuquerque Bills" rumors ever again.
        Remember Kevin Everett in your thoughts.

Vote Nader in 2008!

http://www.votenader.org/

Comment

• Fletch
          • May 2007

Originally posted by Fixxxer View Post
          That's because you're not a Bills fan.
          Oh, got it. More childishness.

I can quite honestly say that I've never known so many adults behave like children.

Post #46

The idea that you "won't settle" presumes that you have some kind of control. Delusional thinking at best for a supposed fan of a spectators' sport. Your way to deal with it is to constantly ***** and denigrate any move, any result concerning the team even if it's positive because you don't want your whittle feewings hurt again. It's a protection mechanism.

You shroud your childish approach in a vale of pompous, intellectual garbage in an attempt to look smart and "real". You over-analyze even minute points and manipulate statistics to fit your negative view of the team. Again, to feel good about yourself and to protect from getting hurt.

Of course, the criticisms are obviously from someone who has no understanding of the team concept or what it takes to excel at athletics.

The true "realist" understands that they have no control of what happens on the field or behind the closed doors at One Bills' Drive, so they do the prudent thing for a spectator. They enjoy the games on Sunday with family and friends, cheer for their team and realize that it's just entertainment.
          ------

"I was an integral part in the drafting process of EJ Manuel," Whaley said Thursday on NFL Network's Total Access. "I was the person that handled the draft process and setting up the board."

"We are committed. I want you to believe me when I say that," Whaley said of building around the second-year quarterback, per The Buffalo News. "I always tell you guys that I'll never say never because I don't want to paint myself in a corner, but when I do say something, I do it and I mean it and I try to fulfill it."

"We believe the addition of Sammy is going to be instant impact, not only to our quarterback, but to what our offensive coordinator can come up with game-plan wise and how defenses attack us," Whaley said.

"And as Mark says, if in three years maybe he's not [our quarterback of the future], then I'll be sitting there saying 'hey guys', .... anybody got a job for me?" - Doug Whaley

Comment

• BLeonard
            BoB Sabermetrician
            • Jan 2003

I know this is in jest, but simply winning the bid for the team will prove that he isn't.

I'd also be willing to bet that we won't have to hear the following phrases ever again:

1: "Cash To The Cap"
            2: "Bills Toronto Series"

The same cannot be said about the ex-owner.

-Bill

Comment

• Meathead
              Insufferable ***** and perpetual crybaby
              • Jul 2002

its terry is cheap. amateur
              One set of rules for all in the beloved community

Comment

• Fletch
                • May 2007

Originally posted by BLeonard View Post
                I know this is in jest, but simply winning the bid for the team will prove that he isn't.

I'd also be willing to bet that we won't have to hear the following phrases ever again:

1: "Cash To The Cap"
                2: "Bills Toronto Series"

The same cannot be said about the ex-owner.

-Bill
                I hope so.

I hope he's equally well spending in bringing in a qualified GM.

Post #46

------

Comment

• BertSquirtgum
                  Legendary Zoner
                  • May 2009

Oh, got it. More childishness.

I can quite honestly say that I've never known so many adults behave like children.
                  Your trolling threads aren't very childish or anything. Not very many things worse than a hypocrite. Maybe a liar.

Comment

• gebobs
                    One Bills Drive, Georgia - 871 miles south of Orchard Park
                    • Sep 2003

Originally posted by MikeInRoch View Post
                    Pegula is cheap!!
                    Effin' a mother effer!
                    Lehner's history. He just doesn't know it yet.

Comment

• Fletch
                      • May 2007

Originally posted by HurkeyNuts View Post
                      Your trolling threads aren't very childish or anything. Not very many things worse than a hypocrite. Maybe a liar.
                      They're only trolling to you because your brain cannot process any adversarial information. I guess it blows up or something. Maybe you need to blow your nose to clear a little thinking room.

Only a moron would be offended at the suggestion that we get a new GM.

Hi moron. You really don't strike me as being very bright.
                      Last edited by Fletch; 09-08-2014, 11:02 PM.

Post #46

------

Comment

• BertSquirtgum
                        Legendary Zoner
                        • May 2009

They're only trolling to you because your brain cannot process any adversarial information. I guess it blows up or something. Maybe you need to blow your nose to clear a little thinking room.
                        Riiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiight

Comment

• Fletch
                          • May 2007

Originally posted by HurkeyNuts View Post
                          Riiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiight
                          Your responses are just so thought inducing.

I realize that they match your brain potential.

Don't you have to go to bed soon to get up and pour the coffee at your 7-11 job.

Post #46

------

Comment

• BLeonard
                            BoB Sabermetrician
                            • Jan 2003

I hope so.

I hope he's equally well spending in bringing in a qualified GM.
                            My guess is, everything will stay as is this season... After that, pending on the results, all bets are off.

IMO, it's why you've seen this "sense of urgency" all of a sudden from everyone, especially FO guys like Russ Brandon... Let's be real, if the ex-owner were still in charge, it's very likely that Orton would not be a Bill and Jeff Tuel, Thad Lewis or Jordan Palmer would be the backup QB... The ex-owner would either not pay $5 mil for a backup QB, or would demand that he start.

I think they realize that the "status quo/gravy train/no accountability" time has passed and results need to be produced and soon, or they'll all be looking for new jobs in 2015.

Hell, if I'm Pegula, one of the first things I do for next season is rename the stadium.... Give the franchise a COMPLETE enema, especially if the 2014 results aren't up to par.

-Bill
                            Last edited by BLeonard; 09-08-2014, 11:08 PM.

Comment

• Fletch
                              • May 2007

Originally posted by BLeonard View Post
                              My guess is, everything will stay as is this season... After that, pending on the results, all bets are off.

IMO, it's why you've seen this "sense of urgency" all of a sudden from everyone, especially FO guys like Russ Brandon... Let's be real, if the ex-owner were still in charge, it's very likely that Orton would not be a Bill and Jeff Tuel, Thad Lewis or Jordan Palmer would be the backup QB.

I think they realize that the "status quo/gravy train/no accountability" time has passed and results need to be produced and soon, or they'll all be looking for new jobs in 2015.

Hell, if I'm Pegula, one of the first things I do for next season is rename the stadium.... Give the franchise a COMPLETE enema, especially if the 2014 results aren't up to par.

-Bill
                              Well yeah, I don't think anyone's expecting firings during season, but if Whaley and a good part of the personnel side of the FO isn't gone by February sometime there could be cause for concern.

Post #46

------

Comment

Working...
                              X