• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Jry44
    • Apr 2013

Tentative agreement in place between the Bills and the Pegulas

Tim Graham@ByTimGraham 1m
    I'm told tentative agreement has been reached between the Bills and the Pegulas and an official announcement should come today.

Joe Buscaglia@JoeBuscaglia 2m
    League source tells me that the deal between the #Bills and Terry and Kim Pegula is done. Now just pending league approval

And there it is!
    Last edited by Jry44; 09-09-2014, 08:14 AM.
  • black N yellow
    • Dec 2012

Re: Tentative agreement in place between the Bills and the Pegulas

holy hell.

Comment

• FlyingDutchman
      • Apr 2005

The whole "Buffalo will move when Wilson dies" stuff has been hanging over our heads for 20 years. It feels so damn good to put this crap to bed

Comment

• black N yellow
        • Dec 2012

Welp..I feel like this is a moment which contributed to a statue of Terry Pegula which will be erected one day in Buffalo.

Comment

• Night Train
          Retired - On Several Levels
          • Jul 2005

" Next, I'm buying the UB Bulls. I want ALL the candy ! "
          Anonymity is an abused privilege, abused most by people who mistake vitriol for wisdom and cynicism for wit

Comment

• Yasgur's Farm
            • Feb 2005

Buffalo News has just climbed on board

Comment

• Jry44
              • Apr 2013

Originally posted by FlyingDutchman View Post
              The whole "Buffalo will move when Wilson dies" stuff has been hanging over our heads for 20 years. It feels so damn good to put this crap to bed
              I am not from Buffalo, and the closest I've have ever been to the actual city is to RWS back when I had season tickets when I lived in Rome, NY. I absolutely could not be happier for all of you Buffalonians on this news. I absolutely did not want to see my Bills play anywhere but in Buffalo. Congrats to you all! I think it's time to sdtart a Pegula statue fund in the same way us fans started the "fire Jauron" billboard fund!

Comment

• trapezeus
                Legendary Zoner
                • Oct 2004

Pegula is a very chantable name. i will be at the home opener. When are we chanting his name?

Comment

• Yasgur's Farm
                  • Feb 2005

GMFUDI? What say you? (Word to the left can be translated by going to the previous letter in the alphabet for each letter written).

Comment

• Jry44
                    • Apr 2013

Originally posted by trapezeus View Post
                    Pegula is a very chantable name. i will be at the home opener. When are we chanting his name?

During every time out!

Comment

• Yasgur's Farm
                      • Feb 2005

Joe Buscaglia says deal is done!
                      Last edited by Yasgur's Farm; 09-09-2014, 08:17 AM.

Comment

• don137
                        • Jul 2002

What a relief!! Great news. Bills are here to stay for many years!!

Comment

• FlyingDutchman
                          • Apr 2005

Originally posted by trapezeus View Post
                          I can't wait to see the Ralph erupt the first time he is announced or walks onto the field

Comment

• Jry44
                            • Apr 2013

Last edited by Jry44; 09-09-2014, 08:30 AM.

Comment

• Fletch
                              • May 2007

Originally posted by FlyingDutchman View Post
                              It's not over yet. We're not going to keep the Bills in Buffalo at Rich Stadium. We need a new one.

Best chances are with Pegula, and I expect that he'll build a stadium with his own money if need be, but until that announcement comes I'm not sure I'd count the chickens.

Who knows, maybe it will accompany the announcement, but I doubt it. I'm sure that Pegula wants to maximize his chances of getting maximum state funding.
                              http://www.billszone.com/fanzone/sho...s-haters/page3

Post #46

Originally posted by Yasgur's Farm
                              (Moderator) My name's Max Yasgur, and I approve of this post.
                              Originally Posted by pmoon6
                              The idea that you "won't settle" presumes that you have some kind of control. Delusional thinking at best for a supposed fan of a spectators' sport. Your way to deal with it is to constantly ***** and denigrate any move, any result concerning the team even if it's positive because you don't want your whittle feewings hurt again. It's a protection mechanism.

You shroud your childish approach in a vale of pompous, intellectual garbage in an attempt to look smart and "real". You over-analyze even minute points and manipulate statistics to fit your negative view of the team. Again, to feel good about yourself and to protect from getting hurt.

Of course, the criticisms are obviously from someone who has no understanding of the team concept or what it takes to excel at athletics.

The true "realist" understands that they have no control of what happens on the field or behind the closed doors at One Bills' Drive, so they do the prudent thing for a spectator. They enjoy the games on Sunday with family and friends, cheer for their team and realize that it's just entertainment.
                              ------

"I was an integral part in the drafting process of EJ Manuel," Whaley said Thursday on NFL Network's Total Access. "I was the person that handled the draft process and setting up the board."

"We are committed. I want you to believe me when I say that," Whaley said of building around the second-year quarterback, per The Buffalo News. "I always tell you guys that I'll never say never because I don't want to paint myself in a corner, but when I do say something, I do it and I mean it and I try to fulfill it."

"We believe the addition of Sammy is going to be instant impact, not only to our quarterback, but to what our offensive coordinator can come up with game-plan wise and how defenses attack us," Whaley said.

Whaley on EJ Manuel: "We think we got a gem in this guy." (2:30)

"And as Mark says, if in three years maybe he's not [our quarterback of the future], then I'll be sitting there saying 'hey guys', .... anybody got a job for me?" - Doug Whaley

Comment

Working...
                              X