Thread: Short Term Prediction of the Bills

Thanks
    Thanked 2,447 Times in 1,528 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Short Term Prediction of the Bills

I don't know the Bills defense will play much better than they did in Chicago - some normal fluctuations because of playing at home, facing weaker opponents etc. Brown may get better but not in the next 3, 4 games.

On offense, however, I have big expectations for the O-Line. Marrone trots out the 5 best guys just before the season, so there will be some getting used to, especially in the kind of zone blocking scheme that the Bills run. Because 4 of the 5 are veterans, I have realistic expectations that they improve game by game. Also, the rapport of Manuel with new comers Watkins/Williams should improve a bit.

Longer term this season, I'm waiting for that game where the opposing defensive mastermind to break through Manuel's code. After that, we'll see the true color of Manuel where adjustments/counter adjustments are made. Of course Marrone and Co hope that the running game really takes off (more consistent 4, 5 yards than a 40 yard and nothing for 8 tries) while the defense dialing so much pressure for the opponents to worry about Manuel too much for this season.

Retired - On Several Levels Night Train's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 14,240 Times in 7,618 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Re: Short Term Prediction of the Bills

As much as I hate Miami, they have improved and just pounded the ball last week. D played great. Outscored Pats 23-0 in the 2nd half.

This will be a close game.

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

The Bills will have one purpose: to bring a Stanley Cup to Buffalo. Wait ... what is the NFL trophy called?
    Quote Originally Posted by BillsZone Mod
    cas,

I'm just letting you know that you have been given 2 points for telling Wys AKA Mark to kill himself.

BillsZone Mod

Thanks
    Thanked 5,215 Times in 3,684 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Miami was at home as well, it's going to be a little noisier in the Ralph this weekend for several reasons.

5. Post thanked by:

Fletch (09-09-2014)

Power & Authority Demand Responsibility to the common good, and must never be abused.
    Thanks
    Thanked 5,891 Times in 4,183 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by casdhf View Post
    The Bills will have one purpose: to bring a Stanley Cup to Buffalo. Wait ... what is the NFL trophy called?
    The Lombardi Trophy

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by ghz in pittsburgh View Post
    I don't know the Bills defense will play much better than they did in Chicago - some normal fluctuations because of playing at home, facing weaker opponents etc. Brown may get better but not in the next 3, 4 games.

On offense, however, I have big expectations for the O-Line. Marrone trots out the 5 best guys just before the season, so there will be some getting used to, especially in the kind of zone blocking scheme that the Bills run. Because 4 of the 5 are veterans, I have realistic expectations that they improve game by game. Also, the rapport of Manuel with new comers Watkins/Williams should improve a bit.

Longer term this season, I'm waiting for that game where the opposing defensive mastermind to break through Manuel's code. After that, we'll see the true color of Manuel where adjustments/counter adjustments are made. Of course Marrone and Co hope that the running game really takes off (more consistent 4, 5 yards than a 40 yard and nothing for 8 tries) while the defense dialing so much pressure for the opponents to worry about Manuel too much for this season.
    As far as breaking EJ's code, that won't happen. I don't think he even knows what he's doing from one minute to the next.

Thanks
    Thanked 2,447 Times in 1,528 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by Buckets View Post
    As far as breaking EJ's code, that won't happen. I don't think he even knows what he's doing from one minute to the next.
    Ha-ha. Unless you are set to never believe EJ, right now he looked more comfortable than he ever was last year. Will see someone to make him looks confusing from scheme viewpoint.

This week, Wake may make him physically uncomfortable though.