Page 8 of 15 FirstFirst ... 456789101112 ... LastLast

Thread: EJ horribly inaccurate

Thanks
    Thanked 8,924 Times in 4,182 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Re: EJ horribly inaccurate

Quote Originally Posted by ryjam282 View Post
    We'll face a team sooner or later that we aren't able to run against and EJ will have to pass to keep us in it....That's when all the EJ-ostriches will hopefully take their heads out of the sand.
    Really? Do you see anyone hear claiming EJ can win without a strong run game, that he can carry the offense on his own? I don't see that claim being made.

2. Post thanked by:

better days (09-16-2014),Dr. Lecter (09-16-2014)

Thanks
    Thanked 8,924 Times in 4,182 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by Wagon Circler View Post
    This is also flawed logic. Why would he have to throw to a spot? Why is he committed to that?
    Because that's how plays work in the NFL. You should be embarrassed that you still don't understand and keep ignoring people that are telling you how football is played.

But you people keep saying he was and that Watkins wasn't at the right spot.
    Nope. They are saying one of them made a mistake. We don't know which. But it wasn't a wildly off target throw. It went exactly where EJ intended to throw it.

The guy is open the entire play. If EJ can't judge where he is going to end up while that play is developing right before his eyes, then that's robotic and idiotic.
    If EJ looks at Sammy before the break he'll tip the safety. He's intentionally not looking at Sammy until just before the break when he releases the ball.

People are thanking your post basically agreeing that EJ is too ******ed to adjust and forces it to a magical designated spot regardless of what happens after the snap. There's no argument on the planet that excuses EJ from not converting that touchdown but you biased fools would rather say asinine things than criticize our soft QB.
    You really don't understand that play.

4. Post thanked by:

Dr. Lecter (09-16-2014),Mad Bomber (09-16-2014),YardRat (09-16-2014)

Thanks
    Thanked 17,690 Times in 8,476 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

This is also flawed logic. Why would he have to throw to a spot? Why is he committed to that? He isn't. But you people keep saying he was and that Watkins wasn't at the right spot. The guy is open the entire play. If EJ can't judge where he is going to end up while that play is developing right before his eyes, then that's robotic and idiotic.

People are thanking your post basically agreeing that EJ is too ******ed to adjust and forces it to a magical designated spot regardless of what happens after the snap. There's no argument on the planet that excuses EJ from not converting that touchdown but you biased fools would rather say asinine things than criticize our soft QB.

Watkins play and both slants were gimme TD's for any real qb. Stop lying to yourselves.

You can't be serious. You can't be.

NFL QBs routinely throw to a spot on the field. These are called timing routes.

The players in the NFL are fast. Very fast. It is not like us throwing in our backyard. To get the ball to the WR the QB will throw to a spot and the receiver is supposed to be there.

Like I said, more than once, he threw the ball before Watkins made his cut into the end zone.

You can believe this or not.

And no, nobody is saying that Watkins was not at the right spot. What we are saying, and have said time and time and time and time again is that we don't know if it was the wrong route or the wrong pass.
    Quote Originally Posted by mysticsoto
    Lecter is right in everything he said.

6. Post thanked by:

better days (09-16-2014),jimmifli (09-16-2014),Mad Bomber (09-16-2014),YardRat (09-16-2014)

Retired - On Several Levels Night Train's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 14,240 Times in 7,618 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Lecter View Post
    You can't be serious. You can't be.
    NFL QBs routinely throw to a spot on the field. These are called timing routes.
    Sounds like he has the football acumen of a door knob. No sense debating.

Reed probably caught 300 passes from Kelly, with the ball being delivered to the spot before Reed came out of his break. Timing routes have been around for decades.

I am now starting to understand all these idiot savants/realists I'm putting on ignore. They know very little about football.

8. Post thanked by:

Mad Bomber (09-16-2014),pmoon6 (09-16-2014),YardRat (09-16-2014)

Thanks
    Thanked 24,457 Times in 14,168 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

For the record on the Watkins v. EJ spot. It could be a lot of different issues beyond just a wrong route v. wrong throw discussion. For example if Watkins reads double high safeties presnap he's going to run a skinnier post. However if postsnap EJ sees the safety creep up he's going to lead Watkins wider on the post to hit the open area for a score.

Could of been a hot read that wasn't communicated properly or understood fully.

There is too much we don't know about that play call and read to decide who may be to blame.

The important part of the play is that EJ isn't tipping the throw. He's looking off the safety and giving Watkins the chance to get open and then go get the ball.
    COMING SOON...
    Quote Originally Posted by Dr.Lecter
    We were both drunk and Hillary did not look that bad at 2 AM, I swear!!!!!!

10. Post thanked by:

jimmifli (09-16-2014),TedMock (09-16-2014),YardRat (09-16-2014)

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Then that is the wrong route - Watkins did not make the postsnap read

I don't want to nitpick you, but ultimately that is still the wrong route

Regardless, the idea that a QB does not throw to a spot is wrong as wrong can be

12. Post thanked by:

better days (09-16-2014),Mad Bomber (09-16-2014),Night Train (09-16-2014)

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Then that is the wrong route - Watkins did not make the postsnap read

I don't want to nitpick you, but ultimately that is still the wrong route

Regardless, the idea that a QB does not throw to a spot is wrong as wrong can be
    That's really a part of a QB-WR relationship. Some QBs like Brady are really good at adjusting like that.

I'm not taking issue with the notion that QBs don't throw to a spot, Brady does too, obviously, but some QBs recognize when coverage is there and between them and certain receivers they have a knack for breaking that coverage. Brady's very good at it. It takes time and getting used to one another to do it, it's not something that typically develops in one season.
    http://www.billszone.com/fanzone/sho...s-haters/page3

Post #46

Quote Originally Posted by Yasgur's Farm View Post
    (Moderator) My name's Max Yasgur, and I approve of this post.
    Originally Posted by pmoon6
    The idea that you "won't settle" presumes that you have some kind of control. Delusional thinking at best for a supposed fan of a spectators' sport. Your way to deal with it is to constantly ***** and denigrate any move, any result concerning the team even if it's positive because you don't want your whittle feewings hurt again. It's a protection mechanism.

You shroud your childish approach in a vale of pompous, intellectual garbage in an attempt to look smart and "real". You over-analyze even minute points and manipulate statistics to fit your negative view of the team. Again, to feel good about yourself and to protect from getting hurt.

Of course, the criticisms are obviously from someone who has no understanding of the team concept or what it takes to excel at athletics.

The true "realist" understands that they have no control of what happens on the field or behind the closed doors at One Bills' Drive, so they do the prudent thing for a spectator. They enjoy the games on Sunday with family and friends, cheer for their team and realize that it's just entertainment.
    ------

"I was an integral part in the drafting process of EJ Manuel," Whaley said Thursday on NFL Network's Total Access. "I was the person that handled the draft process and setting up the board."

"We are committed. I want you to believe me when I say that," Whaley said of building around the second-year quarterback, per The Buffalo News. "I always tell you guys that I'll never say never because I don't want to paint myself in a corner, but when I do say something, I do it and I mean it and I try to fulfill it."

"We believe the addition of Sammy is going to be instant impact, not only to our quarterback, but to what our offensive coordinator can come up with game-plan wise and how defenses attack us," Whaley said.

Whaley on EJ Manuel: "We think we got a gem in this guy." (2:30)

"And as Mark says, if in three years maybe he's not [our quarterback of the future], then I'll be sitting there saying 'hey guys', .... anybody got a job for me?" - Doug Whaley

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by Fletch View Post
    That's really a part of a QB-WR relationship. Some QBs like Brady are really good at adjusting like that.

I'm not taking issue with the notion that QBs don't throw to a spot, Brady does too, obviously, but some QBs recognize when coverage is there and between them and certain receivers they have a knack for breaking that coverage. Brady's very good at it. It takes time and getting used to one another to do it, it's not something that typically develops in one season.
    Be careful saying that. You'll be called an EJ lover!!!!

Rumblin' Stumblin' Bumblin' Buffalogic's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,801 Times in 1,034 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Of course there are timing routes in the NFL. Nobody is arguing that. Yes the ball is thrown before the receiver comes out of his break. But where the ball is being thrown to is in relation to the receivers route. It's the QB's job to make the ball intersect with the open receiver whether the pass is a timing route or not.

Even the apologetic argument that EJ was looking off the safety is flawed. The ball was missed because it was too close to the safety side. He didn't miss to the right, he missed to the left and that is where the safety was closer to. So EJ, looking off the safety, chose to throw the ball CLOSER to the safety than in the open spot where his receiver was all alone and would have caught the pass? Listen to how dumb that sounds. And why would the receiver try and run CLOSER to the player that is defending him in order to make the catch?? Any way you try to look at it to minimize the blame for EJ, HE MADE AND ERRANT THROW THAT SHOULD HAVE BEEN A TOUCHDOWN.

The posters who don't understand the game are obvious to see. They just dismiss things that their puny brains can't wrap their heads around Jimmifli, Night Train, Squish, etc. If you want to be a homer that's fine, just don't try to analyze the game because it's painful how obtuse some of you are.

Thanks
    Thanked 6,319 Times in 2,848 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

All I know is, I watch guys like Luck and Foles and Rivers and Wilson and their passes are between the numbers on the jerseys, not the numbers on the field.

Of course QBs throw to spots on some patterns. But so many of EJs throws are so ridiculously errant that they can't have been intended to go where they do.

I don't care if this is his 12th start or his first start, he has a serious accuracy problem.

It hasn't been as much of an issue thanks to outstanding pass protection--but it's been way more an issue than it should.

What concerns me is that there will be games where the protection isn't as good, and it will wreak havoc on his already shaky accuracy.

And the reluctance to throw anything but short passes will be adjusted to by Defensive Coordinators.

17. Post thanked by:

Buffalogic (09-16-2014)

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by WagonCircler View Post
    All I know is, I watch guys like Luck and Foles and Rivers and Wilson and their passes are between the numbers on the jerseys, not the numbers on the field.

Of course QBs throw to spots on some patterns. But so many of EJs throws are so ridiculously errant that they can't have been intended to go where they do.

I don't care if this is his 12th start or his first start, he has a serious accuracy problem.

It hasn't been as much of an issue thanks to outstanding pass protection--but it's been way more an issue than it should.

What concerns me is that there will be games where the protection isn't as good, and it will wreak havoc on his already shaky accuracy.

And the reluctance to throw anything but short passes will be adjusted to by Defensive Coordinators.
    I mean we have our differences, but at least you can see and understand what is going on at the field level. Some of these people either don't want to admit it or just don't understand it. Either way both frustrate the hell out of me.

Thanks
    Thanked 6,883 Times in 4,053 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Have you actually watched either regular season game? EJ is airing it out on the regular.

- - - Updated - - -

I mean we have our differences
    You really don't.

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

The Bills are 5th in the NFL in passes over 20 yards

http://www.nfl.com/stats/categorysta...ualified=false

His reputation for only checking down was much more deserved last year. Not as true this year

21. Post thanked by:

DraftBoy (09-16-2014),jimmifli (09-16-2014),Mad Bomber (09-16-2014),Night Train (09-16-2014),psubills62 (09-16-2014)

Thanks
    Thanked 11,470 Times in 7,087 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

oh be quiet. We won because our defense played incredible and spiller took a kick to the house.
    it was an all around team win.

Thanks
    Thanked 13,409 Times in 9,123 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by ICRockets View Post
    Have you actually watched either regular season game? EJ is airing it out on the regular.
    You obviously haven't. They shut him down throwing in the second half of the Chicago game. And take away Sammy Watkins catches in the Miami, and add up the WR yards. YOU obviously aren't watching the games.

Thanks
    Thanked 13,409 Times in 9,123 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by justasportsfan View Post
    it was an all around team win.
    No. I don't feel like Marcus Easley contributed enough.

Buffalo Bills Fan
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,092 Times in 2,341 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

His reputation for only checking down was much more deserved last year. Not as true this year
    It is encouraging, but this needs to be revisited come game #10 or so. The first few games of a season are filled with all kinds of stats that point good for this club, this player, and poor for that one.
    Fiat justitia ruat caelum. Noli timere. Laus Deo.

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by Swiper View Post
    You obviously haven't. They shut him down throwing in the second half of the Chicago game. And take away Sammy Watkins catches in the Miami, and add up the WR yards. YOU obviously aren't watching the games.
    Good thing that Sammy Watkins was here. You can't just take them away

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

0 at 40+ yards. Not good.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,208 Times in 606 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Why are some people always in such a hurry to make such sweeping proclamations around here.

He isn't a pro bowler, he isn't good enough to win us a football game yet, but he is improving and has played well enough to win even when the running game is average.

I'm starting to get more confident in him. For a young QB he is playing how you want him to play. As he gains confidence hopefully the other things will fall into place.

29. Post thanked by:

Dr. Lecter (09-16-2014),Night Train (09-16-2014),pmoon6 (09-16-2014)