• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Buffalogic
    Rumblin' Stumblin' Bumblin'
    • Feb 2006

Re: Start Orton Now

I don't care about your stat lines. They don't mean anything. Orton has performed at a pro bowl, EJ never will.

Orton has done something in this league and EJ hasn't, no amount of manipulated stats is going to change that.

Comment

• Historian
      2020-2023 AFC East Champions!
      • Dec 2002

Everybody is bringing good points to the table here....so I have one question:

Do you think they're doing the same thing at One Bills Drive, (gaming out possible scenarios, etc) or is it business as usual?

Comment

• Fletch
        • May 2007

Originally posted by trapezeus View Post
        i think our QB position is what it is. orton isn't going to make it better. he's going to be a.500 qb as well.
        Who says that EJ's a .500 QB? So far he's 6-7. In six more games he'll be well below .500.
        http://www.billszone.com/fanzone/sho...s-haters/page3

Post #46

Originally posted by Yasgur's Farm
        (Moderator) My name's Max Yasgur, and I approve of this post.
        Originally Posted by pmoon6
        The idea that you "won't settle" presumes that you have some kind of control. Delusional thinking at best for a supposed fan of a spectators' sport. Your way to deal with it is to constantly ***** and denigrate any move, any result concerning the team even if it's positive because you don't want your whittle feewings hurt again. It's a protection mechanism.

You shroud your childish approach in a vale of pompous, intellectual garbage in an attempt to look smart and "real". You over-analyze even minute points and manipulate statistics to fit your negative view of the team. Again, to feel good about yourself and to protect from getting hurt.

Of course, the criticisms are obviously from someone who has no understanding of the team concept or what it takes to excel at athletics.

The true "realist" understands that they have no control of what happens on the field or behind the closed doors at One Bills' Drive, so they do the prudent thing for a spectator. They enjoy the games on Sunday with family and friends, cheer for their team and realize that it's just entertainment.
        ------

"I was an integral part in the drafting process of EJ Manuel," Whaley said Thursday on NFL Network's Total Access. "I was the person that handled the draft process and setting up the board."

"We are committed. I want you to believe me when I say that," Whaley said of building around the second-year quarterback, per The Buffalo News. "I always tell you guys that I'll never say never because I don't want to paint myself in a corner, but when I do say something, I do it and I mean it and I try to fulfill it."

"We believe the addition of Sammy is going to be instant impact, not only to our quarterback, but to what our offensive coordinator can come up with game-plan wise and how defenses attack us," Whaley said.

Whaley on EJ Manuel: "We think we got a gem in this guy." (2:30)

"And as Mark says, if in three years maybe he's not [our quarterback of the future], then I'll be sitting there saying 'hey guys', .... anybody got a job for me?" - Doug Whaley

Comment

• Buffalogic
          • Feb 2006

Originally posted by Historian View Post

Do you think they're doing the same thing at One Bills Drive, (gaming out possible scenarios, etc) or is it business as usual?
          Yes. I think the bakeup plan was put in place during the Orton/Marrone/Whaley blow up. Now they are probably going back and forth on whether to initiate that plan or they are installing a deadline day for that to commence if EJ continues on this road (which we know as fans he will).

Comment

• trapezeus
            Legendary Zoner
            • Oct 2004

Originally posted by Wagon Circler View Post
            I don't care about your stat lines. They don't mean anything. Orton has performed at a pro bowl, EJ never will.

Orton has done something in this league and EJ hasn't, no amount of manipulated stats is going to change that.
            are you kidding. over a 10 year career, the average stats are pretty telling. orton has had some good games. but he isn't what we are going to build around. and if we need a new qb, i don't want orton, i want a real qb.

i also will have no respect for this coaching staff if they think that a 2-1 record says abandon ship. this is their project to fix and get right. if they can't do it, or not evaluate it right at the get go, they shouldnt be around.

Comment

• RedEyE
              • Jul 2002

Originally posted by Historian View Post

Man, I'd like to think so. Truth of the matter is I have think the Bills back-up plan involves this coming off season. Orton would be nothing more than a band aid. The best thing that can happen for the Bills nation is for EJ to wake uo Sunday morning and it all just suddenly clicks in place. He has the athleticism and the talent, he just needs to get that **** fixed inside that pig skin firmly planted on his shoulders.

Comment

• feldspar
                • Mar 2007

I honestly think that Orton gives us a better chance to win right now. This reflects more on EJ than Orton.

I don't think Manuel is franchise QB material, but I guess they want to try to develop him into that.

Either way, all we can do is watch and hope for the best each week. I do think the Bills will beat the Texans, although I would not literally bet on that.

It's a tough situation because if we win no matter how EJ plays, we're liable to stick with him. Although, if he's not the answer, it's best to have all the reasons why it's time to cut the cord as soon as possible. Obviously, this is EJ's make or break year. He'd better have a thick skin when he's in there, though.

Comment

• Buffalogic
                  • Feb 2006

Originally posted by trapezeus View Post
                  are you kidding. over a 10 year career, the average stats are pretty telling. orton has had some good games. but he isn't what we are going to build around. and if we need a new qb, i don't want orton, i want a real qb.

i also will have no respect for this coaching staff if they think that a 2-1 record says abandon ship. this is their project to fix and get right. if they can't do it, or not evaluate it right at the get go, they shouldnt be around.
                  Why do we have to build around him? He's our best option now and if we can win with him then why not? We can't build around a young guy that clearly sucks either. May as well win given the chance.

Nothing this coaching staff has done to this point garners any type of respect anyways. The team could be better than it is and I don't respect anything that gets no results and is too stubborn to play their best players.

Comment

• Buffalogic
                    • Feb 2006

So what's up guys we ready for Orton or what?

Comment

• Famous Amos
                      • Jul 2013

Bench EJ- send a message that interception was Tuel-esque
                      "Hate is a lack of imagination."
                      -Graham Greene

Comment

• EDS
                        • Jan 2003

While his performance was, to put it mildly, underwhelming today, I would still stick with EJ next week.

Comment

• coastal
                          Legendary Zoner
                          • Mar 2005

Originally posted by EDS View Post
                          While his performance was, to put it mildly, underwhelming today, I would still stick with EJ next week.
                          I wear a helmet when I go to the grocery store too.

Comment

• chris66
                            • Sep 2006

If you start orton then EJ's career in Blo is pretty much done. he wont be able to come back from that

Comment

• Crisis
                              • Aug 2004

Originally posted by chris66 View Post
                              If you start orton then EJ's career in Blo is pretty much done. he wont be able to come back from that
                              is that a bad thing? he just doesnt have it
                              Originally posted by LOSman WINS
                              Vanek is Austrian not European
                              Originally posted by Prov401
                              Pacquiao isn't asian. He's from the philippines
                              Originally posted by better days
                              I will not be surprised if Tebow has more success than Peyton in the NFL.

Comment

• EDS
                                • Jan 2003

Originally posted by coastal View Post
                                I wear a helmet when I go to the grocery store too.
                                I have remained a Bills fan through the past decade plus, so if that is all that is wrong with me I think I think I have made out ok!

Comment

Working...
                                X