• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • SpikedLemonade
    • Jun 2024

Re: I'm Not Complaining -- I Never Expected the Bills to be 2-1

Originally posted by Fletch View Post
    The Broncos look beatable? To the Bills?
    Not to the Bills.

Comment

• Fletch
      • May 2007

Originally posted by SpikedLemonade View Post
      Not to the Bills.
      Thanks

Thought you went to the doc for new painkillers or something.
      http://www.billszone.com/fanzone/sho...s-haters/page3

Post #46

Originally posted by Yasgur's Farm
      (Moderator) My name's Max Yasgur, and I approve of this post.
      Originally Posted by pmoon6
      The idea that you "won't settle" presumes that you have some kind of control. Delusional thinking at best for a supposed fan of a spectators' sport. Your way to deal with it is to constantly ***** and denigrate any move, any result concerning the team even if it's positive because you don't want your whittle feewings hurt again. It's a protection mechanism.

You shroud your childish approach in a vale of pompous, intellectual garbage in an attempt to look smart and "real". You over-analyze even minute points and manipulate statistics to fit your negative view of the team. Again, to feel good about yourself and to protect from getting hurt.

Of course, the criticisms are obviously from someone who has no understanding of the team concept or what it takes to excel at athletics.

The true "realist" understands that they have no control of what happens on the field or behind the closed doors at One Bills' Drive, so they do the prudent thing for a spectator. They enjoy the games on Sunday with family and friends, cheer for their team and realize that it's just entertainment.
      ------

"I was an integral part in the drafting process of EJ Manuel," Whaley said Thursday on NFL Network's Total Access. "I was the person that handled the draft process and setting up the board."

"We are committed. I want you to believe me when I say that," Whaley said of building around the second-year quarterback, per The Buffalo News. "I always tell you guys that I'll never say never because I don't want to paint myself in a corner, but when I do say something, I do it and I mean it and I try to fulfill it."

"We believe the addition of Sammy is going to be instant impact, not only to our quarterback, but to what our offensive coordinator can come up with game-plan wise and how defenses attack us," Whaley said.

Whaley on EJ Manuel: "We think we got a gem in this guy." (2:30)

"And as Mark says, if in three years maybe he's not [our quarterback of the future], then I'll be sitting there saying 'hey guys', .... anybody got a job for me?" - Doug Whaley

Comment

• trapezeus
        Legendary Zoner
        • Oct 2004

Originally posted by Historian View Post
        Looking at the rest of the schedule, I think we:

Split with the Jets
        Beat the Vikes and Chiefs
        Beat Texans and Browns.

The fish will be out for blood.
        The Pack and Broncos could beat us with their second string.
        We haven't won in Oakland since 1965.
        Pats: Pencil in two losses.
        Lose to Jets at home.
        Lose to Lions on the road.

That puts us at 7-9...right where I figured we would be.
        i agree that losing at home is a huge problem because most of our road games seem like 4-4 in best case scenario. so if the purpose to this season is to make the playoffs, you have to be 6-2 or better at home. SD wasn't a pencilled in winner for buffalo, but with the start they had and SD travelling, you were hoping that they could have put up a W.

Comment

• IlluminatusUIUC
          • Sep 2012

Originally posted by Fletch View Post
          You like us beating the Chiefs because it's in Buffalo?

I don't think we're a better team and Charles may be better by then.
          There is no earthly reason for it, but the we have had the Chiefs number for years. When they win, it's a tight flukey mess, like last year where it took a defensive TD and a few years back when it took them 5 full quarters to score 13 points at home. OTOH when we beat them, it's a nightmare - even TRENT EDWARDS hung a 50burger on them.

Billszone 2013 Prediction Contest winner!

Comment

• sukie
            Seriously?
            • Sep 2012

Originally posted by trapezeus View Post
            i agree that losing at home is a huge problem because most of our road games seem like 4-4 in best case scenario. so if the purpose to this season is to make the playoffs, you have to be 6-2 or better at home. SD wasn't a pencilled in winner for buffalo, but with the start they had and SD travelling, you were hoping that they could have put up a W.
            I would hope the purpose is to win in the playoffs.
            Last edited by sukie; 09-22-2014, 10:51 AM.

Comment

• gebobs
              One Bills Drive, Georgia - 871 miles south of Orchard Park
              • Sep 2003

I'm hoping for 4-4 at the bye. It will make the road trip up (with a swing by Erie to see McDavid and the Sabs on Saturday) to see the Chiefs game more enjoyable.
              Lehner's history. He just doesn't know it yet.

Comment

• ublinkwescore
                Sab and TD are insignificant
                • Sep 2002

this team was flat yesterday. we were capable of playing san diego soo much better. and yes, I was actually glad Gilmore was out for a bit...I want Gilmore gone. he's a damn liability. how did he ever get any hype his rookie season?
                www.gamersconspiracy.com - where gamers conspire

Comment

• feldspar
                  • Mar 2007

Originally posted by SpikedLemonade View Post
                  The Texans will be favoured against us next week.
                  The Texans are currently favored by 3 points.

That's just because they have home-field advantage, which generally gives a team 3 points as they say. "They" are leading us to believe that these teams are exactly evenly matched, or something like that.

Personally, I like the Bills chances against the Texans.

Comment

• Fletch
                    • May 2007

Originally posted by IlluminatusUIUC View Post
                    There is no earthly reason for it, but the we have had the Chiefs number for years. When they win, it's a tight flukey mess, like last year where it took a defensive TD and a few years back when it took them 5 full quarters to score 13 points at home. OTOH when we beat them, it's a nightmare - even TRENT EDWARDS hung a 50burger on them.
                    Well we lost last year and we had a buttload of rushing yards and 470 net to their 210, Spiller had 145 yards from scrimmage, Jackson another 99 and we still lost.

Post #46

The idea that you "won't settle" presumes that you have some kind of control. Delusional thinking at best for a supposed fan of a spectators' sport. Your way to deal with it is to constantly ***** and denigrate any move, any result concerning the team even if it's positive because you don't want your whittle feewings hurt again. It's a protection mechanism.

You shroud your childish approach in a vale of pompous, intellectual garbage in an attempt to look smart and "real". You over-analyze even minute points and manipulate statistics to fit your negative view of the team. Again, to feel good about yourself and to protect from getting hurt.

Of course, the criticisms are obviously from someone who has no understanding of the team concept or what it takes to excel at athletics.

The true "realist" understands that they have no control of what happens on the field or behind the closed doors at One Bills' Drive, so they do the prudent thing for a spectator. They enjoy the games on Sunday with family and friends, cheer for their team and realize that it's just entertainment.
                    ------

"I was an integral part in the drafting process of EJ Manuel," Whaley said Thursday on NFL Network's Total Access. "I was the person that handled the draft process and setting up the board."

"We are committed. I want you to believe me when I say that," Whaley said of building around the second-year quarterback, per The Buffalo News. "I always tell you guys that I'll never say never because I don't want to paint myself in a corner, but when I do say something, I do it and I mean it and I try to fulfill it."

"We believe the addition of Sammy is going to be instant impact, not only to our quarterback, but to what our offensive coordinator can come up with game-plan wise and how defenses attack us," Whaley said.

"And as Mark says, if in three years maybe he's not [our quarterback of the future], then I'll be sitting there saying 'hey guys', .... anybody got a job for me?" - Doug Whaley

Comment

• Fletch
                      • May 2007

Originally posted by feldspar View Post
                      The Texans are currently favored by 3 points.

That's just because they have home-field advantage, which generally gives a team 3 points as they say. "They" are leading us to believe that these teams are exactly evenly matched, or something like that.

Personally, I like the Bills chances against the Texans.
                      We'll see. Until proven differently this looks to be another quick start with two wins coming once against a terrible team and once under a handful of favorable circumstances that's about to turn into the usual 3-11 finish. We're not exactly beating teams the old fashioned way.

Post #46

------

Comment

• trapezeus
                        Legendary Zoner
                        • Oct 2004

Originally posted by sukie View Post
                        I would hope the purpose is to win in the playoffs.
                        it should be, but that's not what front office said, they said they simply wanted to make the playoffs. and based on the history of the team and their attempts to build up talent, making hte playoffs seems like the ceiling and anything else is gravy

Comment

• bleve
                          • Mar 2005

winning is reflective of playing the best players at every position.

Raise your hand if you think EJ is the best QB AT THIS TIME to win.

I get he needs time to "develop". But don't sacrifice a season to watch this train wreck when we have a better option at the ready.
                          "You can't be a real country unless you have beer and an airline - it helps if you have some kind of a football team, or some nuclear weapons, but at the very least you need beer."
                          ~ Frank Zappa

Comment

Working...
                          X