View Poll Results: Who wins the AFC East?

Voters
25. You may not vote on this poll
  • New England Patriots

12 48.00%
  • Miami Dolphins

1 4.00%
  • Buffalo Bills

11 44.00%
  • New York Jets

1 4.00%
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Who wins the AFC East?

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Re: Who wins the AFC East?

Quote Originally Posted by Fletch View Post
    Your coach seems to like trading down for more picks and rarely uses his high 1st rounders.
    He hasnt traded high 1st rounders.
    He drafted mayo at 10, solder at 16, jones at17.those have been the only top picks he has had.

Registered User Forward_Lateral's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 8,062 Times in 4,266 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

I said it a week or so ago, and I'll say it again. 8 wins has a good shot at winning this division. The Jets are terrible, the Dolphins aren't very good, the Pats are old and look about as beatable as they have ever looked, and the Bills aren't any worse than any of the 3 aforementioned teams.

I'm hoping Orton brings stability to the offense and it carries over to victories.

Thanks
    Thanked 3,698 Times in 2,473 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by BillsOverDolphins View Post
    uhh...no, maybe the 86' team when those guys were all prime--but that SB was more to do with the coaching. Also, this Pats D does have some of the best talent they've had in recent years--but BB has ceded too much control to that momo Patricia.

He's devised a gameplan to beat pretty much every elite QB, at one point or another. Oddly enough, I can only recall Joe Flacco consistently playing well against his teams (save for the performance on one leg last year).
    Vince Wilfork has been a beast in that defense. So far this year, he looks like a shell of his former self.

And no, Revis is not better than Talib.

Thanks
    Thanked 26,300 Times in 13,730 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by Forward_Lateral View Post
    I said it a week or so ago, and I'll say it again. 8 wins has a good shot at winning this division. The Jets are terrible, the Dolphins aren't very good, the Pats are old and look about as beatable as they have ever looked, and the Bills aren't any worse than any of the 3 aforementioned teams.

I'm hoping Orton brings stability to the offense and it carries over to victories.
    I disagreed with you on the 8 win thing at the time, but it seems a hell of a lot more likely now. The entire div is 2-2 and all 4 teams only have one game out of 4 where they really looked good.

I guess you could argue that Miami looked good in both their wins, but their 2nd one was against Oakland after a 9 hour plane trip and an 8 hour time difference.
    Last edited by OpIv37; 09-30-2014 at 08:09 AM.

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by Forward_Lateral View Post

screw that.dont want to barely get in. Then have sd or balt. Come in and give you a beat down and end up with the 20th pick for your troubles

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by chris66 View Post
    He drafted mayo at 10, solder at 16, jones at17.those have been the only top picks he has had.
    On the other hand the Pats* have had more than enough picks over the years to trade up to get that elite player but Belicheck never made that bold move.

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by better days View Post
    On the other hand the Pats* have had more than enough picks over the years to trade up to get that elite player but Belicheck never made that bold move.
    Jones was a trade up 21 to 17

Democrats are people too imbondz's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,005 Times in 2,185 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Tired of drafting in the bottom 4 or 5 spots. Pats are no where near champion caliber.
    stfu
    My faith doesn’t make me perfect, it makes me forgiven.

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Yeah, I was half kidding around.

Jones was a 21st overall that he actually traded up for. But he does have a history of trading down.
    http://www.billszone.com/fanzone/sho...s-haters/page3

Post #46

Quote Originally Posted by Yasgur's Farm View Post
    (Moderator) My name's Max Yasgur, and I approve of this post.
    Originally Posted by pmoon6
    The idea that you "won't settle" presumes that you have some kind of control. Delusional thinking at best for a supposed fan of a spectators' sport. Your way to deal with it is to constantly ***** and denigrate any move, any result concerning the team even if it's positive because you don't want your whittle feewings hurt again. It's a protection mechanism.

You shroud your childish approach in a vale of pompous, intellectual garbage in an attempt to look smart and "real". You over-analyze even minute points and manipulate statistics to fit your negative view of the team. Again, to feel good about yourself and to protect from getting hurt.

Of course, the criticisms are obviously from someone who has no understanding of the team concept or what it takes to excel at athletics.

The true "realist" understands that they have no control of what happens on the field or behind the closed doors at One Bills' Drive, so they do the prudent thing for a spectator. They enjoy the games on Sunday with family and friends, cheer for their team and realize that it's just entertainment.
    ------

"I was an integral part in the drafting process of EJ Manuel," Whaley said Thursday on NFL Network's Total Access. "I was the person that handled the draft process and setting up the board."

"We are committed. I want you to believe me when I say that," Whaley said of building around the second-year quarterback, per The Buffalo News. "I always tell you guys that I'll never say never because I don't want to paint myself in a corner, but when I do say something, I do it and I mean it and I try to fulfill it."

"We believe the addition of Sammy is going to be instant impact, not only to our quarterback, but to what our offensive coordinator can come up with game-plan wise and how defenses attack us," Whaley said.

Whaley on EJ Manuel: "We think we got a gem in this guy." (2:30)

"And as Mark says, if in three years maybe he's not [our quarterback of the future], then I'll be sitting there saying 'hey guys', .... anybody got a job for me?" - Doug Whaley

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by OpIv37 View Post
    I disagreed with you on the 8 win thing at the time, but it seems a hell of a lot more likely now. The entire div is 2-2 and all 4 teams only have one game out of 4 where they really looked good.

I guess you could argue that Miami looked good in both their wins, but their 2nd one was against Oakland after a 9 hour plane trip and an 8 hour time difference.
    What game do you think the Pats* looked GOOD in?

The Pats* were just lucky to play a team in turmoil when they played the Vikings.

11. Post thanked by:

Dr. Who (09-30-2014)

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by better days View Post
    As someone I know once put it, in the 2021 draft Belicheat was going to have every pick in 3rd round.

13. Post thanked by:

better days (09-30-2014)

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Jones was a trade up 21 to 17
    OK, if you consider that a bold move.

Too little too late IMO.

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Belicheat is finished once Brady retires.

His record when Brady has not been his QB is 52-62 and that includes 2008 and a ridiculously weak schedule with Cassel under center.

He's never had much success coaching up QBs otherwise. Cassel was very average that season.

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by Fletch View Post
    Belicheat is finished once Brady retires.

His record when Brady has not been his QB is 52-62 and that includes 2008 and a ridiculously weak schedule with Cassel under center.

He's never had much success coaching up QBs otherwise. Cassel was very average that season.
    That was still cassells best season. So coaching isnt an issue. Garrapollo looks like a gamer. Pats issues are in the trenches which is probably the easiest to fix

Thanks
    Thanked 3,218 Times in 1,859 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

i feel like belichick is like a junkie trying to quit cheating. and every year he tries to be good and at some point they get hosed, everyone claims its over, and with no talent on offense or defense, the team goes on a 10-1 run and the talking heads say, "brady, he's just that good."

And the only reason they have struggled 2 of last 3 years is because he is trying to do it legit. and when he's no good at it, like he historically has been, he turns to the film and ernie adams and they string together their wins.

I fully expect them to win the division at 11-5 despite how terrible they looked.

I will also say that Tom Brady is the anti jeter. Where everyone wants to celebrate jeter and see him one last time, if you heard that this was brady's last season and he's going to get trounced and beaten in each game, NFL fans would show up in the thousands. Anti-Jeter. No class, not legit, and hopefully will be remembered as the biggest hack to get lucky in pro football.

Registered User Forward_Lateral's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 8,062 Times in 4,266 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by OpIv37 View Post

Miami has looked AWFUL in their losses. Plus, they just beat the living snot out of a very bad Oakland team.

screw that.dont want to barely get in. Then have sd or balt. Come in and give you a beat down and end up with the 20th pick for your troubles
    Are you an idiot.

Thanks
    Thanked 17,690 Times in 8,476 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Here is how I look at this.

The Bills have a realistic chance to win the following games (I am not saying they will win all of them - this is for arguments sake)

New England at home
    Miami
    Jets at home
    Minnesota
    Oakland
    Cleveland

That gets them to 8 wins.

I will assume that Detroit and Denver are losses.

Can they pull out one of these games?

Green Bay at home (unlikely, I almost put that in the previous category)
    At the Jets? Possible. Smith makes mistakes when pressured
    At New England? History is not there. But NE does not look like they have before. Of course, they can rebound anytime.
    KC at home? Revenge for last year? They look good - right now I think that is a loss.

But if they can get to 9 wins, I think it is possible especially if that includes a good AFC East record to win tiebreakers.

If I had to pick a team I would say New England just because. But really I can see it being anybody.
    Last edited by Dr. Lecter; 09-30-2014 at 09:03 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by mysticsoto
    Lecter is right in everything he said.

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

That was still cassells best season. So coaching isnt an issue. Garrapollo looks like a gamer. Pats issues are in the trenches which is probably the easiest to fix
    I think you have to agree, losing Mankins was a HUGE loss for the Pats* Not easy to replace that experience & leadership. As a Bucs fan, I am happy to have him.

And as I said before, WIlfork looks like a shell of himself, replacing someone as big & fast as Vince used to be is not easy.

Thanks
    Thanked 9,177 Times in 5,907 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by imbondz View Post
    I'm not sure we should be too harsh on EJ. Not many QBs are ready 2 years out of college. The Wilsons / Kapernacks are not the norm. He should be sitting the bench and learning from someone, but that's not his fault.
    EJ wasn't supposed to start last season and was supposed to battle last year's starter this preseason...

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

The reason I do not think it is NE winning the division is besides 5 remaining division games their out of division games are:
    Home: Cincy, Chicago, Denver and Detroit
    Road: Colts, GB and San Diego
    Not an easy game in the bunch especially factoring in they only played one good game and three bad games. They barely beat Oakland at home. I just don't see how they can win the division against those opponents and the way they have been playing.

23. Post thanked by:

better days (09-30-2014)