Build A New Stadium, or Keep The Ralph And Spend "Only," About $400 Million?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Dude
    that slimey ass of an admin at the zone
    • Feb 2005

Re: Build A New Stadium, or Keep The Ralph And Spend "Only," About $400 Million?

Originally posted by better days View Post
    The Bengals are a PRIVATE COMPANY with NO GOVERNMENT affiliation!

You are arguing for arguments sake with no leg to stand on.

UB being a STATE University would pay NO rent to play in any Stadium owned by the Government if no other tenants are involved.
    How do you get out of bed in the morning? Seriously. Are you really this obtuse, or are you just trying desperately to save face? It's not working, and you're just making yourself look more and more foolish.

Comment

• Dude
      • Feb 2005

Re: Build A New Stadium, or Keep The Ralph And Spend "Only," About $400 Million?

You can make arguments for & against UB playing at the Ralph, but RENT is not an argument that should be under discussion.
      When you provide proof that they would be able to play there rent free, it will no longer be a topic for discussion.

Comment

• IlluminatusUIUC
        • Sep 2012

As I already said, the County could easily transfer ownership of the Stadium to the State.

UCLA pays the Rose Bowl................not ANY GOVENMENT.

I think UB playing at the Ralph is a very viable option.
        The Rose Bowl Operating Company is a non-profit owned by the City of Pasadena. Look at their Board of Directors: http://ww2.cityofpasadena.net/commissions/rboc.asp

Purpose and Function The mission of the Rose Bowl Operating Company is to return economic and civic value to the City of Pasadena by managing a world-class stadium and a professional quality golf course complex in a community based environment.
        If you're going to claim that somehow doesn't count because the City chooses to use a holding company, then you're grasping.

Whether or not the Ralph is viable for the Bulls is a different question from whether Erie County would let them use it for free.

Billszone 2013 Prediction Contest winner!

Comment

• better days
          • Jan 2010

Originally posted by Dude View Post
          The Rose Bowl is owned by the City of Pasadena.

Keep trying.
          And controlled by a non profit CORPORATION.

I keep trying & WINNING.

Comment

• Fletch
            • May 2007

Interesting

That removes all kinds of speculation.

I hit that first link that's about 14 years old, from it;

“I think Cincinnati is in the last group of stadiums, with Baltimore and Tampa Bay, Nashville and St. Louis, that are heavily government oriented,” said John Moag, managing director at the investment firm Legg Mason Wood Walker in Baltimore and former chairman of the Maryland Stadium Authority.

“Those days are coming to an end,” as the public demands teams pay more of stadium costs, he said. Two more recent leases, in Denver and Detroit, obligate the teams to pay more stadium costs than the Bengals will.
            Those days seem to have come to even more of an end these days as financially strapped taxpayers question even more why a club of exclusive billionaires need local or state tax money to help them fund their business expenses. There's a tidal wave of blowback emerging that hasn't crescendo-ed yet.

That's why I think that Pegula's going to have to pay mostly if not all of his own money for any new stadium. If he does I don't see why he wouldn't want to do so almost immediately. If it makes sense for him personally then I don't see it attached to any time frame besides the existing lease. Maybe he'll work out something with the county.

Say he's approved owner soon, announces this season that he's going to build a new stadium, gets plans, etc., he can probably have the thing ready to play in by the 2017 season. Would it be worth about $370M to him to have it three seasons before he otherwise would?

I have no idea nor will I speculate, just asking the mostly rhetorical question. I would think that once he's approved he'll have a press conference within a few months to outline his plans.
            http://www.billszone.com/fanzone/sho...s-haters/page3

Post #46

Originally posted by Yasgur's Farm
            (Moderator) My name's Max Yasgur, and I approve of this post.
            Originally Posted by pmoon6
            The idea that you "won't settle" presumes that you have some kind of control. Delusional thinking at best for a supposed fan of a spectators' sport. Your way to deal with it is to constantly ***** and denigrate any move, any result concerning the team even if it's positive because you don't want your whittle feewings hurt again. It's a protection mechanism.

You shroud your childish approach in a vale of pompous, intellectual garbage in an attempt to look smart and "real". You over-analyze even minute points and manipulate statistics to fit your negative view of the team. Again, to feel good about yourself and to protect from getting hurt.

Of course, the criticisms are obviously from someone who has no understanding of the team concept or what it takes to excel at athletics.

The true "realist" understands that they have no control of what happens on the field or behind the closed doors at One Bills' Drive, so they do the prudent thing for a spectator. They enjoy the games on Sunday with family and friends, cheer for their team and realize that it's just entertainment.
            ------

"I was an integral part in the drafting process of EJ Manuel," Whaley said Thursday on NFL Network's Total Access. "I was the person that handled the draft process and setting up the board."

"We are committed. I want you to believe me when I say that," Whaley said of building around the second-year quarterback, per The Buffalo News. "I always tell you guys that I'll never say never because I don't want to paint myself in a corner, but when I do say something, I do it and I mean it and I try to fulfill it."

"We believe the addition of Sammy is going to be instant impact, not only to our quarterback, but to what our offensive coordinator can come up with game-plan wise and how defenses attack us," Whaley said.

Whaley on EJ Manuel: "We think we got a gem in this guy." (2:30)

"And as Mark says, if in three years maybe he's not [our quarterback of the future], then I'll be sitting there saying 'hey guys', .... anybody got a job for me?" - Doug Whaley

Comment

• Dude
              • Feb 2005

And controlled by a non profit CORPORATION.

I keep trying & WINNING.
              Wow.

Comment

• better days
                • Jan 2010

Originally posted by IlluminatusUIUC View Post
                The Rose Bowl Operating Company is a non-profit owned by the City of Pasadena. Look at their Board of Directors: http://ww2.cityofpasadena.net/commissions/rboc.asp

If you're going to claim that somehow doesn't count because the City chooses to use a holding company, then you're grasping.

Whether or not the Ralph is viable for the Bulls is a different question from whether Erie County would let them use it for free.
                Ralph Wilson Stadium has nothing in common with the Rose Bowl which is operated by a non Profit Corporation.

Comment

• better days
                  • Jan 2010

Wow.
                  All you can say because you were proven WRONG.

Comment

• Dude
                    • Feb 2005

Ralph Wilson Stadium has nothing in common with the Rose Bowl which is operated by a non Profit Corporation.
                    You may want to stop and do some reading before you keep posting on this topic.

Just trying to help.

Comment

• Dude
                      • Feb 2005

All you can say because you were proven WRONG.
                      Well, I'd love to see where that happened.

Comment

• better days
                        • Jan 2010

Well, I'd love to see where that happened.
                        You have not shown any State College football team that pays rent to any Government, you were WRONG about UB having to pay rent to play at the Ralph.

Comment

• Dude
                          • Feb 2005

You have not shown any State College football team that pays rent to any Government, you were WRONG about UB having to pay rent to play at the Ralph.
                          I did, actually. I provided two examples: the Bengals pay rent to Hamilton County. They, in turn, pass on the cost (sublet) to UC. GA State pays the state of Georgia $75,000 per game to play at the Georgia Dome. Illuminatus also provided information that shows USC pays rent to the City of Pasadena. Regardless of how much you stick your fingers in your ears and shout to drown out the facts, it doesn't change the facts.

You, on the other hand, have yet to show any evidence that indicates UB would play rent-free at RWS. So if I missed it I apologize, but I don't think I did. Please provide links to the posts if this is the case. Thanks.

Edited to add: link that shows GA State rent: http://www.ajc.com/news/sports/colle...to-foot/nfq8R/
                          One of tradeoffs of having a stadium vs. renting the Georgia Dome is cost. Georgia State is expected to pay $75,551.17 per home game to use the Dome in 2014, according to a copy of the proposed licensing agreement between the Georgia Dome and the university. The agreement hasn’t been signed.
                          Last edited by Dude; 10-01-2014, 01:21 PM.

Comment

• better days
                            • Jan 2010

I did, actually. I provided two examples: the Bengals pay rent to Hamilton County. They, in turn, pass on the cost (sublet) to UC. GA State pays the state of Georgia $75,000 per game to play at the Georgia Dome. Illuminatus also provided information that shows USC pays rent to the City of Pasadena. Regardless of how much you stick your fingers in your ears and shout to drown out the facts, it doesn't change the facts.

You, on the other hand, have yet to show any evidence that indicates UB would play rent-free at RWS. So if I missed it I apologize, but I don't think I did. Please provide links to the posts if this is the case. Thanks.
                            WOW. Here is a clue for you, the Bengals are NOT a STATE College football team.

The Rose Bowl is run by a PRIVATE NON PROFIT CORPORATION.

Those the the FACTS.

NO STATE COLLEGE FOOTBALL TEAM PAYS RENT TO ANY GOVERNMENT! FACT!

And the UB Bulls would not be required to pay rent to play at the Ralph. FACT.

Comment

• Dude
                              • Feb 2005

WOW. Here is a clue for you, the Bengals are NOT a STATE College football team.

The Rose Bowl is run by a PRIVATE NON PROFIT CORPORATION.

Those the the FACTS.

NO STATE COLLEGE FOOTBALL TEAM PAYS RENT TO ANY GOVERNMENT! FACT!

And the UB Bulls would not be required to pay rent to play at the Ralph. FACT.
                              OK, you believe what you want. Good luck.

Comment

• Fletch
                                • May 2007

Can this exchange really be happening?
                                http://www.billszone.com/fanzone/sho...s-haters/page3

Post #46

Originally posted by Yasgur's Farm
                                (Moderator) My name's Max Yasgur, and I approve of this post.
                                Originally Posted by pmoon6
                                The idea that you "won't settle" presumes that you have some kind of control. Delusional thinking at best for a supposed fan of a spectators' sport. Your way to deal with it is to constantly ***** and denigrate any move, any result concerning the team even if it's positive because you don't want your whittle feewings hurt again. It's a protection mechanism.

You shroud your childish approach in a vale of pompous, intellectual garbage in an attempt to look smart and "real". You over-analyze even minute points and manipulate statistics to fit your negative view of the team. Again, to feel good about yourself and to protect from getting hurt.

Of course, the criticisms are obviously from someone who has no understanding of the team concept or what it takes to excel at athletics.

The true "realist" understands that they have no control of what happens on the field or behind the closed doors at One Bills' Drive, so they do the prudent thing for a spectator. They enjoy the games on Sunday with family and friends, cheer for their team and realize that it's just entertainment.
                                ------

"I was an integral part in the drafting process of EJ Manuel," Whaley said Thursday on NFL Network's Total Access. "I was the person that handled the draft process and setting up the board."

"We are committed. I want you to believe me when I say that," Whaley said of building around the second-year quarterback, per The Buffalo News. "I always tell you guys that I'll never say never because I don't want to paint myself in a corner, but when I do say something, I do it and I mean it and I try to fulfill it."

"We believe the addition of Sammy is going to be instant impact, not only to our quarterback, but to what our offensive coordinator can come up with game-plan wise and how defenses attack us," Whaley said.

Whaley on EJ Manuel: "We think we got a gem in this guy." (2:30)

"And as Mark says, if in three years maybe he's not [our quarterback of the future], then I'll be sitting there saying 'hey guys', .... anybody got a job for me?" - Doug Whaley

Comment

Working...
                                X