• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Fletch
    • May 2007

Re: TMQ fires off a shot at play calling and management

Originally posted by Buffalogic View Post
    Marrone is responsible for hiring him. FO isn't to blame for everything, they aren't going to micromanage every single hiring move.
    Come on, same thing. They hired Marrone and I'm sure that they asked him about his plan for coaching. Only a fool wouldn't.

Marrone was a poor hire too anyway.

Pegula needs to ****can anything that even has the odor of the current OBD if it has anything at all to do with how this team is run from a personnel perspective. If he doesn't do that then he's going from savior to a mere owner receiving criticism faster than anyone in the history of the game. I hope he understands that. This isn't the NHL and the media and fans aren't as patient or forgiving.

What he has to do is a no brainer. Throwing money around is one thing, doing the smart things after that quite another.
    http://www.billszone.com/fanzone/sho...s-haters/page3

Post #46

Originally posted by Yasgur's Farm
    (Moderator) My name's Max Yasgur, and I approve of this post.
    Originally Posted by pmoon6
    The idea that you "won't settle" presumes that you have some kind of control. Delusional thinking at best for a supposed fan of a spectators' sport. Your way to deal with it is to constantly ***** and denigrate any move, any result concerning the team even if it's positive because you don't want your whittle feewings hurt again. It's a protection mechanism.

You shroud your childish approach in a vale of pompous, intellectual garbage in an attempt to look smart and "real". You over-analyze even minute points and manipulate statistics to fit your negative view of the team. Again, to feel good about yourself and to protect from getting hurt.

Of course, the criticisms are obviously from someone who has no understanding of the team concept or what it takes to excel at athletics.

The true "realist" understands that they have no control of what happens on the field or behind the closed doors at One Bills' Drive, so they do the prudent thing for a spectator. They enjoy the games on Sunday with family and friends, cheer for their team and realize that it's just entertainment.
    ------

"I was an integral part in the drafting process of EJ Manuel," Whaley said Thursday on NFL Network's Total Access. "I was the person that handled the draft process and setting up the board."

"We are committed. I want you to believe me when I say that," Whaley said of building around the second-year quarterback, per The Buffalo News. "I always tell you guys that I'll never say never because I don't want to paint myself in a corner, but when I do say something, I do it and I mean it and I try to fulfill it."

"We believe the addition of Sammy is going to be instant impact, not only to our quarterback, but to what our offensive coordinator can come up with game-plan wise and how defenses attack us," Whaley said.

Whaley on EJ Manuel: "We think we got a gem in this guy." (2:30)

"And as Mark says, if in three years maybe he's not [our quarterback of the future], then I'll be sitting there saying 'hey guys', .... anybody got a job for me?" - Doug Whaley

Comment

• Buffalogic
      Rumblin' Stumblin' Bumblin'
      • Feb 2006

Originally posted by OpIv37 View Post
      And you don't think they asked Marrone who he would hire for coordinators in the interview?

No, they shouldn't micromanage. But there is no need to if they pick competent people in the first place.
      Agreed.

Comment

• Buffalogic
        Rumblin' Stumblin' Bumblin'
        • Feb 2006

Originally posted by Fletch View Post
        Come on, same thing. They hired Marrone and I'm sure that they asked him about his plan for coaching. Only a fool wouldn't.

Marrone was a poor hire too anyway.

Pegula needs to ****can anything that even has the odor of the current OBD if it has anything at all to do with how this team is run from a personnel perspective. If he doesn't do that then he's going from savior to a mere owner receiving criticism faster than anyone in the history of the game. I hope he understands that. This isn't the NHL and the media and fans aren't as patient or forgiving.

What he has to do is a no brainer. Throwing money around is one thing, doing the smart things after that quite another.
        Marrone very well may have been the best candidate of a bad coaching class that actually wanted the job. It's Marrone's fault. I like him less and less each day that passes.

Comment

• YardRat
          Well, lookie here...
          • Dec 2004

The pick 6 wasn't a 'bad' call necessarily, and certainly wasn't poor play design...Watkins was wide open to the left and might have scored. That's on execution (EJ), and only a dumbass would hang it on Hackett. I'm not saying Hackett is 'all that' by any means, but his contribution to that specific play was successful, it was the players (EJ) that ****ed it up. Certainly not impressed with the pass/run disparity and two-minute play design though.
          YardRat Wall of Fame
          #56 DARRYL TALLEY
          #29 DERRICK BURROUGHS#22 FRED JACKSON #95 KYLE WILLIAMS

Comment

• TacklingDummy
            Unreachable Douche
            • Jul 2002

TacklingDummy fires off shot at players execution.

It's only 1 person for inaccurate passes.

Comment

• Fletch
              • May 2007

Originally posted by Buffalogic View Post
              Marrone very well may have been the best candidate of a bad coaching class that actually wanted the job. It's Marrone's fault. I like him less and less each day that passes.
              Chip Kelly seems to have been a better choice. Tough to say that since there are an almost limitless number of candidates out there, not just those that the media tells us are available.

Either way, one more example of the FO waiting until there's a lousy class of something to make a move for it. Hopefully the new people, and hopefully there will be new people, understand that you go after people in rich draft or coaching classes, not poor or lousy ones after forcing yourself into a corner.

Post #46

The idea that you "won't settle" presumes that you have some kind of control. Delusional thinking at best for a supposed fan of a spectators' sport. Your way to deal with it is to constantly ***** and denigrate any move, any result concerning the team even if it's positive because you don't want your whittle feewings hurt again. It's a protection mechanism.

You shroud your childish approach in a vale of pompous, intellectual garbage in an attempt to look smart and "real". You over-analyze even minute points and manipulate statistics to fit your negative view of the team. Again, to feel good about yourself and to protect from getting hurt.

Of course, the criticisms are obviously from someone who has no understanding of the team concept or what it takes to excel at athletics.

The true "realist" understands that they have no control of what happens on the field or behind the closed doors at One Bills' Drive, so they do the prudent thing for a spectator. They enjoy the games on Sunday with family and friends, cheer for their team and realize that it's just entertainment.
              ------

"I was an integral part in the drafting process of EJ Manuel," Whaley said Thursday on NFL Network's Total Access. "I was the person that handled the draft process and setting up the board."

"We are committed. I want you to believe me when I say that," Whaley said of building around the second-year quarterback, per The Buffalo News. "I always tell you guys that I'll never say never because I don't want to paint myself in a corner, but when I do say something, I do it and I mean it and I try to fulfill it."

"We believe the addition of Sammy is going to be instant impact, not only to our quarterback, but to what our offensive coordinator can come up with game-plan wise and how defenses attack us," Whaley said.

"And as Mark says, if in three years maybe he's not [our quarterback of the future], then I'll be sitting there saying 'hey guys', .... anybody got a job for me?" - Doug Whaley

Comment

• Fletch
                • May 2007

Originally posted by YardRat View Post
                The pick 6 wasn't a 'bad' call necessarily, and certainly wasn't poor play design...Watkins was wide open to the left and might have scored. That's on execution (EJ), and only a dumbass would hang it on Hackett. I'm not saying Hackett is 'all that' by any means, but his contribution to that specific play was successful, it was the players (EJ) that ****ed it up. Certainly not impressed with the pass/run disparity and two-minute play design though.
                One thing I've read about Orton is that he prefers throwing the ball to a spot, where the receiver is supposed to be. That's not necessarily a bad thing, can be good, but it does take time to develop chemistry with his receivers if that's the way he's gonna play here.

Post #46

------

Comment

• Albany,n.y.
                  • Jul 2002

Originally posted by better days View Post
                  Post the WR stats in another 2-3 YEARS
                  Fixed

Comment

• Jry44
                    • Apr 2013

The notion that this article makes of the Bills calling so many pass plays only to justify the heavy investments in the passing game is completely and utterly absurd. We had receivers running around wide open all over the place! Manuel just couldn't hit them. I do agree however that we should have run a bit more...

Comment

• YardRat
                      Well, lookie here...
                      • Dec 2004

Originally posted by Fletch View Post
                      Chip Kelly seems to have been a better choice. Tough to say that since there are an almost limitless number of candidates out there, not just those that the media tells us are available.

Either way, one more example of the FO waiting until there's a lousy class of something to make a move for it. Hopefully the new people, and hopefully there will be new people, understand that you go after people in rich draft or coaching classes, not poor or lousy ones after forcing yourself into a corner.
                      Regardless of which one is the better coach atm or who becomes the better coach, IIRC Kelly took himself off of the coaching radar until after Buffalo's position was filled.

Actually, I just looked it up. Marrone was hired Jan 7, Kelly Jan 16...

Kelly flirted with Philadelphia earlier in the offseason but ultimately turned down multiple NFL advances in order to return to Oregon. Or so we thought?

It's absolutely stunning news to see Kelly flip-flop like this...

Can't blame the front office for 'waiting' if they actually pursued him and he declined to come here.
                      Last edited by YardRat; 10-02-2014, 06:59 PM.
                      YardRat Wall of Fame
                      #56 DARRYL TALLEY
                      #29 DERRICK BURROUGHS#22 FRED JACKSON #95 KYLE WILLIAMS

Comment

Working...
                      X