• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • The King
    Without me it's just Awe so
    • Jun 2004

Youtube Clip of the Week

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hyAOPCF9GbA
    I remember that one fateful day when Coach took me aside. I knew what was coming. "You don't have to tell me," I said. "I'm off the team, aren't I?"
    "Well," said Coach, "you never were really ON the team. You made that uniform you're wearing out of rags and towels, and your helmet is a toy space helmet.
    You show up at practice and then either steal the ball and make us chase you to get it back, or you try to tackle people at inappropriate times."
    It was all
    true what he was saying. And yet, I thought something is brewing inside the head of this Coach.
    He sees something in me, some kind of raw talent that he can
    mold. But that's when I felt the handcuffs go on.

• Fletch
    • May 2007

Re: Youtube Clip of the Week

And people have asked me why I don't go to games anymore.
    http://www.billszone.com/fanzone/sho...s-haters/page3

Post #46

Originally posted by Yasgur's Farm
    (Moderator) My name's Max Yasgur, and I approve of this post.
    Originally Posted by pmoon6
    The idea that you "won't settle" presumes that you have some kind of control. Delusional thinking at best for a supposed fan of a spectators' sport. Your way to deal with it is to constantly ***** and denigrate any move, any result concerning the team even if it's positive because you don't want your whittle feewings hurt again. It's a protection mechanism.

You shroud your childish approach in a vale of pompous, intellectual garbage in an attempt to look smart and "real". You over-analyze even minute points and manipulate statistics to fit your negative view of the team. Again, to feel good about yourself and to protect from getting hurt.

Of course, the criticisms are obviously from someone who has no understanding of the team concept or what it takes to excel at athletics.

The true "realist" understands that they have no control of what happens on the field or behind the closed doors at One Bills' Drive, so they do the prudent thing for a spectator. They enjoy the games on Sunday with family and friends, cheer for their team and realize that it's just entertainment.
    ------

"I was an integral part in the drafting process of EJ Manuel," Whaley said Thursday on NFL Network's Total Access. "I was the person that handled the draft process and setting up the board."

"We are committed. I want you to believe me when I say that," Whaley said of building around the second-year quarterback, per The Buffalo News. "I always tell you guys that I'll never say never because I don't want to paint myself in a corner, but when I do say something, I do it and I mean it and I try to fulfill it."

"We believe the addition of Sammy is going to be instant impact, not only to our quarterback, but to what our offensive coordinator can come up with game-plan wise and how defenses attack us," Whaley said.

Whaley on EJ Manuel: "We think we got a gem in this guy." (2:30)

"And as Mark says, if in three years maybe he's not [our quarterback of the future], then I'll be sitting there saying 'hey guys', .... anybody got a job for me?" - Doug Whaley

Comment

• THATHURMANATOR
      • Jul 2002

Wow........

Comment

• The King
        Without me it's just Awe so
        • Jun 2004

I've been heckled way worse at Gillette than I even was at Yankee Stadium, I know how this dude is feeling. But also this a very inventive way of harassment.
        I remember that one fateful day when Coach took me aside. I knew what was coming. "You don't have to tell me," I said. "I'm off the team, aren't I?"
        "Well," said Coach, "you never were really ON the team. You made that uniform you're wearing out of rags and towels, and your helmet is a toy space helmet.
        You show up at practice and then either steal the ball and make us chase you to get it back, or you try to tackle people at inappropriate times."
        It was all
        true what he was saying. And yet, I thought something is brewing inside the head of this Coach.
        He sees something in me, some kind of raw talent that he can
        mold. But that's when I felt the handcuffs go on.

Comment

• Luisito23
          Men Have Superbowl Gold, Legends Have Platinum Hearts!!!
          • Apr 2003

Yeah, I hate the Patriots more than anything, but man, you go to have fun at a game, not be harassed like that.
          "Expect rejection, but expect more to overcome it."
          ***Marv Levy.***

"Coach Levy is one of the most inspirational people that I have ever known."
          ***Thurman Thomas.***

"You're not going to find a more classier, down-to-Earth person away from the field than Marv Levy. He's a guy who's pretty much made me what I am today as far as a professional player and a person."
          ***Jim Kelly***

Marv Levy's Website

Comment

• The last buffalo fan
            I told the pet store guy "How else am I supposed to get the mouse out of my ass?"
            • Sep 2004

Originally posted by Fletch View Post
            And people have asked me why I don't go to games anymore.
            Try not rooting for the Patriots anymore.
            The Mexican & too!!

- Adriano & Emiliano, the next Villa & Zapata. Viva Mexico, cabrones!!! -

Comment

• RedEyE
              • Jul 2002

I'd have been dragged out a bloody mess after I nut punched that ****stick.

No one deserves that kind of treatment.

Comment

• Buffalogic
                Rumblin' Stumblin' Bumblin'
                • Feb 2006

NFL really needs to upgrade the quality of going to games. There is a brutal fight at least once a week now. And when folks aren't getting knocked out in the bathroom they are subject to these antics. If that poor guy reacts in any way, then he faces severe bodily injury at the hands of drunken upper deck burger flippers. Put some money into fan-safe stadium policies and quadruple security you greedy owners.

Comment

• imbondz
                  Democrats are people too
                  • Jan 2003

I would have lost it on that guy. I hope they find out who it is and ban him for a few games or the rest of the season. That's a bunch of crap.
                  My faith doesn’t make me perfect, it makes me forgiven.

Comment

• justasportsfan
                    • Jul 2002

Originally posted by Luisito23 View Post
                    Yeah, I hate the Patriots more than anything, but man, you go to have fun at a game, not be harassed like that.
                    I've seen Pats fans act like that too. I used to hate Finfans most in the past because they're drunks like bills fans but Pats fans act like that when they were sober.
                    sacrifice1
                    https://theinterviewwithgod.com/video/

Comment

• justasportsfan
                      • Jul 2002

Originally posted by The King View Post

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hyAOPCF9GbA

after a few pumps the pats fan would swallow.
                      sacrifice1
                      https://theinterviewwithgod.com/video/

Comment

• better days
                        • Jan 2010

I have had beer & crap thrown at me from BEHIND so I could not see who did it in Foxboro. COWARDS.

At least the guy in KC was upfront & caused the Pats* no harm.

Comment

• Meathead
                          Insufferable ***** and perpetual crybaby
                          • Jul 2002

definitely the thing i hated most when i went to games. cant tell you how many douchebags i turned into security for hassling other teams fans. there should be a zero tolerance policy, harass someone from another team and get banned for life

i remember one time ppl in the parking lot were throwing food at a jets fan who had done nothing. im all in bills stuff and im screaming at the douches to knock it off and theyre like whats wrong with you arent you a bills fan and i said yeah but im not a dick. they look at me like theres something wrong with me. un freakin real
                          One set of rules for all in the beloved community

Comment

• Buffalogic
                            Rumblin' Stumblin' Bumblin'
                            • Feb 2006

Shoot now it doesn't even have to be opposing fans. Niners fans fight each other on a regular basis and the latest video from Levi's stadium is pretty infuriating. Raiders fans fight each other as well. I went to a Niners-Cards game in Arizona when the stadium was first built and two guys who didn't know each other and both wearing McFadden jerseys crawled over 5 rows of seats to start punching each other.

The three previous games I went to were all on the road and in different cities. Same results. Just ruined the entire game and pretty much the whole vacation. The time to do something about it was five or ten years ago, but with all the recording devices nowadays I really can't believe the NFL hasn't started making this more of a priority especially with stadium attendance dwindling.

Comment

• MitchMurrayDowntown
                              Skoobasaurus-Rex
                              • Oct 2011

We've had a whole crew of people at the Miami game basically verbally assault us, it was after we went ahead by quite a bit & then blew the game. The chant of 716 was in the there air there for a while as well, boy did we eat crow.

Comment

Working...
                              X