Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Pats won today because of Brady, plain and simple

Thanks
    Thanked 2,447 Times in 1,528 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Pats won today because of Brady, plain and simple

I'm not as angry as the Texans game which I really felt was a giveaway.

When you play New England, there is a good chance Brady can do this to you (2nd half), regardless how your defense is playing.

The Bills made the game easy for Pats with 3 1st half turnovers. Without them, it would be a very close game.

By the 2nd half, the Bills offense gradually figured out Pats D but unlike Detroit, NE has Brady who refused to get stopped.

Does not matter where the game is. If you know beforehand NE is getting +3 or +4 in turnovers, no one in the right mind would say the Bills have a chance.

2. Post thanked by:

upstart (10-12-2014)

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Re: Pats won today because of Brady, plain and simple

we lost because we coughed up the ball three times. you can't do that and win this league.

Thanks
    Thanked 2,428 Times in 1,119 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Combination of mainly Brady, Douche Williams, 100+ yards in penalties, and three turnovers. There's not just one reason we lost today
    Quote Originally Posted by LOSman WINS
    Vanek is Austrian not European
    Quote Originally Posted by Prov401
    Pacquiao isn't asian. He's from the philippines
    Quote Originally Posted by better days
    I will not be surprised if Tebow has more success than Peyton in the NFL.

5. Post thanked by:

swiper (10-12-2014),YardRat (10-12-2014)

Thanks
    Thanked 9,935 Times in 4,037 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Brady will be Brady when he has 4 and 5 seconds to throw.

7. Post thanked by:

coastal (10-12-2014),Novacane (10-12-2014),swiper (10-12-2014),upstart (10-12-2014),YardRat (10-12-2014)

Thanks
    Thanked 8,923 Times in 5,311 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Fool's Gold could have helped this team make a statement today.

like the team... he failed to rise to the occasion.

not surprising really.

9. Post thanked by:

Fletch (10-12-2014),Novacane (10-12-2014)

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by cookie G View Post
    I'm going to agree with what the Dolphin player said, the Dolphins are built to beat the Pats, the Bills are built to beat the Dolphins. Brady does not like to move in the pocket that much so he had Dareus doubled blocked all game long. Kyle, sometimes too, though I did see the explosiveness from him today, maybe due to the knee injury. We don't have Wake kind freakish speed guy from the edges that can be on Brady in an instance - Hughes is close but not quite that good. Mario is a power guy which is great at setting edges and can push guys back to Brady's feet, but seems like Brady is ready for that more often than not.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,286 Times in 952 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

The Pats are 23-2 vs the Bills since Brady has been a starter.

I'd say he has the Bills #. It happens
    The NFL forgot the main component of any business model, the customer.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    The ONLY reason to oppose Voter ID laws is to endorse Vote Fraud.

Thanks
    Thanked 12,492 Times in 7,331 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Time will catch up to him eventually. Until it does we aren't beating the Patriots

13. Post thanked by:

Mace (10-12-2014)

Democrats are people too imbondz's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,008 Times in 2,188 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by Novacane View Post
    Time will catch up to him eventually. Until it does we aren't beating the Patriots

Ben Rothlesberger was 18-1 against the Browns before todays game. So now he's 18-2 against them.
    My faith doesn’t make me perfect, it makes me forgiven.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,813 Times in 944 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

The Patriots scored 16 points off of three Bills Turnovers. The Bills lost by 15.

Not gonna win many games in the NFL when you are -3 in the turnover battle, especially not against teams that make you pay for the turnovers, like the Patriots do.

-Bill

16. Post thanked by:

Fixxxer (10-12-2014),Generalissimus Gibby (10-12-2014),Historian (10-13-2014),trapezeus (10-13-2014),YardRat (10-13-2014)

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by BLeonard View Post
    The Patriots scored 16 points off of three Bills Turnovers. The Bills lost by 15.

Not gonna win many games in the NFL when you are -3 in the turnover battle, especially not against teams that make you pay for the turnovers, like the Patriots do.

-Bill
    Exactly, we can't expect to win many games if we give the ball away.

Power & Authority Demand Responsibility to the common good, and must never be abused.
    Thanks
    Thanked 5,891 Times in 4,183 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

We lost because of bad decisions, turnovers, and attrocious officiating. Brady was there, and btw I loved seeing Gronk get hurt, even if it was only for one play and I thought it was awesome injuring their center and RB. I know, I'm being a dick about that but trust me all other teams I don't like injuries. For the Pats, I quite enjoy when those ****ers get crippled.

19. Post thanked by:

trapezeus (10-13-2014)

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by cookie G View Post
    Yeah, what happened to our elite D and best DL in the league?

As to our TOs, I just looked after it hit me to look, Spiller has more total fumbles during his time in Buffalo than he does rushing TDs.
    http://www.billszone.com/fanzone/sho...s-haters/page3

Post #46

Quote Originally Posted by Yasgur's Farm View Post
    (Moderator) My name's Max Yasgur, and I approve of this post.
    Originally Posted by pmoon6
    The idea that you "won't settle" presumes that you have some kind of control. Delusional thinking at best for a supposed fan of a spectators' sport. Your way to deal with it is to constantly ***** and denigrate any move, any result concerning the team even if it's positive because you don't want your whittle feewings hurt again. It's a protection mechanism.

You shroud your childish approach in a vale of pompous, intellectual garbage in an attempt to look smart and "real". You over-analyze even minute points and manipulate statistics to fit your negative view of the team. Again, to feel good about yourself and to protect from getting hurt.

Of course, the criticisms are obviously from someone who has no understanding of the team concept or what it takes to excel at athletics.

The true "realist" understands that they have no control of what happens on the field or behind the closed doors at One Bills' Drive, so they do the prudent thing for a spectator. They enjoy the games on Sunday with family and friends, cheer for their team and realize that it's just entertainment.
    ------

"I was an integral part in the drafting process of EJ Manuel," Whaley said Thursday on NFL Network's Total Access. "I was the person that handled the draft process and setting up the board."

"We are committed. I want you to believe me when I say that," Whaley said of building around the second-year quarterback, per The Buffalo News. "I always tell you guys that I'll never say never because I don't want to paint myself in a corner, but when I do say something, I do it and I mean it and I try to fulfill it."

"We believe the addition of Sammy is going to be instant impact, not only to our quarterback, but to what our offensive coordinator can come up with game-plan wise and how defenses attack us," Whaley said.

Whaley on EJ Manuel: "We think we got a gem in this guy." (2:30)

"And as Mark says, if in three years maybe he's not [our quarterback of the future], then I'll be sitting there saying 'hey guys', .... anybody got a job for me?" - Doug Whaley

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by coastal View Post
    Fool's Gold could have helped this team make a statement today.

like the team... he failed to rise to the occasion.

not surprising really.
    How'd Dareus do today?

We've had to listen to a barrage of opinions about how elite Dareus is over the last week or so. No one on the DL looked much more than mediocre today.

And which NE offense showed up today? The ****ty one they've had for four games or the good one that showed up last week vs. Cincy?

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

I thought about the turnovers being a deciding fact, but man, watching all the post game conferences and interviews, I got the feeling that the team KNEW NOW that the division is NE's. Gotta be very deflating.

Where can the improvement of this team come from? Put it this way, 6 games in, over 1/3 season gone. What has improved so far? QB play has improved due to the switch from EJ to Orton. Run offense production has gone significantly down despite the QB change. I don't think the defense can improve much at all.

Registered User IlluminatusUIUC's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 6,165 Times in 3,360 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

The Patriots won because they are incredibly precise and have excellent veteran leadership. I mean, look at their conversions, they were literally "run to the sticks and stop" and our guys were totally unprepared for it over and over. At the half, Spiller does the one thing - the ONE thing - that would be bad in that situation by fumbling the ball away. Brady comes in and calmly completes a sideline route to set up the field goal.

Precision.

Billszone 2013 Prediction Contest winner!

2020-2023 AFC East Champions! Historian's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 28,504 Times in 15,589 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

I think a lot of it is Belicheat,who for some reason,has had our number since we were 10 point favorites in the Super Bowl.

Thanks
    Thanked 30,670 Times in 17,517 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Turnovers, penalties, Hackett got out-coached in the first half, Schwartz in the second. The team isn't at the level yet where they can overcome all of that on a consistent basis, but then again that's probably why the vast majority of people had them finishing around .500 for the season.
    YardRat Wall of Fame
    #56 DARRYL TALLEY
    #29 DERRICK BURROUGHS#22 FRED JACKSON #95 KYLE WILLIAMS

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by ghz in pittsburgh View Post
    By the 2nd half, the Bills offense gradually figured out Pats D but unlike Detroit, NE has Brady who refused to get stopped.
    Right, and it was Brady badly burning McKelvin for a TD and not Brandon LaFell.

It was Brady that beat Gilmore for another TD and not Brian Tyms.

Let's give some of their other players some of the credit for torching our "elite D." Gronkowski had his best game of the season and Edelman looked like Wes Welker of old.

Yeah yeah, we held their rushing game in check. Let's not forget that it's Vereen and Ridley over there, better than most of what we've seen but still hardly top-10 caliber RBs.

Maybe Schwartz overemphasized stopping the run or maybe he just couldn't prevent Brady from having the best game of his season by a long shot yesterday.

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by ghz in pittsburgh View Post
    I thought about the turnovers being a deciding fact, but man, watching all the post game conferences and interviews, I got the feeling that the team KNEW NOW that the division is NE's. Gotta be very deflating.

Where can the improvement of this team come from? Put it this way, 6 games in, over 1/3 season gone. What has improved so far? QB play has improved due to the switch from EJ to Orton. Run offense production has gone significantly down despite the QB change. I don't think the defense can improve much at all.
    It can only come from Watkins, that's pretty much all we've changed from last season. Everyone raves about the OL but I don't think it was worse last season. It may have been better. What other differences are there? There aren't any, I've pointed this out for months. Everyone ranted about Bryce Brown but has he even had one carry this season?

Oh yeah, Mike Williams who according to some was supposed to log 1,000 yards and be a big red zone target is on pace for less than half of that and hasn't even been significant in red zone performance. He didn't even play yesterday. Not that he was missed or anything.

So essentially it's Watkins and he's not living up to his draft rap, not even close.