Thread: Max protect, just a link to a good analysis....

Haha...yeah you think so ? Mace's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 16,509 Times in 9,198 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Max protect, just a link to a good analysis....

Probably the last pic is the one to look at though it won't help you feel better.

http://www.buffalorumblings.com/buff...ion-shot-plays

No other comment from me.

2. Post thanked by:

GreedoII (10-16-2014),IlluminatusUIUC (10-16-2014),jimmifli (10-15-2014),trapezeus (10-16-2014)

Thanks
    Thanked 1,961 Times in 1,235 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Re: Max protect, just a link to a good analysis....

Saw that article earlier, good stuff. Love how our OL/TE are blocking air.

The Tyms TD pisses me off, because I know they brought in Graham to play a hybrid S/CB, but he's a better CB than S. Instead we have McKelvin getting lit up all game long, and Graham doesn't help Gilmore out on that inside vertical. Graham and Gilmore should be the starting CBs. Gilmore is playing with outside leverage expecting inside help, two defenders sat on the deep dig but Graham was too shallow to do anything against the vertical.

4. Post thanked by:

Mace (10-16-2014),trapezeus (10-16-2014)

Thanks
    Thanked 4,377 Times in 2,101 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

both of brady's long TDs came when the CB didn't get the deep support he was supposed to get from the safety... instead the safety was caught looking into the backfield at a play fake, or biting on a shorter underneath route. Safety play on sunday was inexcusably bad. Frankly our safety play has been pretty atrocious several times this year (it was particularly bad against the texans and bears as well) so it's not like this is a new issue.

watching that max protect get blown up by a 4 man rush makes me sick. you never should have 3 guys blocking air like we had on that play; that looks like the type of blocking we get from the line on a screen plays as well. that's either a very bad line call, or we have 3 players who have no business on the football field.
    Last edited by Ingtar33; 10-16-2014 at 06:54 AM.
    My wife told me that if I had a dollar for every girl who found me unattractive, girls would find me VERY attractive.

MY WIFE SAID THAT!!!

6. Post thanked by:

jimmifli (10-16-2014),Mace (10-16-2014),trapezeus (10-16-2014)

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

McKelvin just got flat out burned by LaFell. LaFell was what, five yards behind McKelvin as the ball was approaching, and even had to slow down to an underthrown ball.

Gilmore was on Tyms but Tyms, starting for the first time, schooled Gilmore on position and made that catch nicely. The other two DBs in triple coverage got their asses handed to them.

If Brady can do what he did with Tyms, LaFell, and Edelman who's good but far from great, then we're in trouble going forward. Gronk did almost nothing on those four scoring drives.
    http://www.billszone.com/fanzone/sho...s-haters/page3

Post #46

Quote Originally Posted by Yasgur's Farm View Post
    (Moderator) My name's Max Yasgur, and I approve of this post.
    Originally Posted by pmoon6
    The idea that you "won't settle" presumes that you have some kind of control. Delusional thinking at best for a supposed fan of a spectators' sport. Your way to deal with it is to constantly ***** and denigrate any move, any result concerning the team even if it's positive because you don't want your whittle feewings hurt again. It's a protection mechanism.

You shroud your childish approach in a vale of pompous, intellectual garbage in an attempt to look smart and "real". You over-analyze even minute points and manipulate statistics to fit your negative view of the team. Again, to feel good about yourself and to protect from getting hurt.

Of course, the criticisms are obviously from someone who has no understanding of the team concept or what it takes to excel at athletics.

The true "realist" understands that they have no control of what happens on the field or behind the closed doors at One Bills' Drive, so they do the prudent thing for a spectator. They enjoy the games on Sunday with family and friends, cheer for their team and realize that it's just entertainment.
    ------

"I was an integral part in the drafting process of EJ Manuel," Whaley said Thursday on NFL Network's Total Access. "I was the person that handled the draft process and setting up the board."

"We are committed. I want you to believe me when I say that," Whaley said of building around the second-year quarterback, per The Buffalo News. "I always tell you guys that I'll never say never because I don't want to paint myself in a corner, but when I do say something, I do it and I mean it and I try to fulfill it."

"We believe the addition of Sammy is going to be instant impact, not only to our quarterback, but to what our offensive coordinator can come up with game-plan wise and how defenses attack us," Whaley said.

Whaley on EJ Manuel: "We think we got a gem in this guy." (2:30)

"And as Mark says, if in three years maybe he's not [our quarterback of the future], then I'll be sitting there saying 'hey guys', .... anybody got a job for me?" - Doug Whaley

Thanks
    Thanked 3,218 Times in 1,859 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

for a coach with OL experience, Marrone does not seem to put much importance on the OL. it's almost like a division head who keeps asking for more help, but the employees already on his team aren't doing enough.

frankly, i would rather keep putting money into OL coaches and players. have the depth to rotate in and out. kind of reminds me of the eric dickerson football life that just aired. there was one play he loved and he excelled at. every knew it was coming and yet he'd still get large chunks of yards. i want a team with an identity like that. "you know what's coming and we're going to rip off yards anyways."

9. Post thanked by:

Mace (10-16-2014),The last buffalo fan (10-17-2014)

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

We have talent on our OL. Just one more instance of why Marrone needs to go. I have no idea why he has anyone defending him or saying that he deserves another season. Much more of this and make Schwartz the interim HC.

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

If Byrd is on this team, Tyms goes nowhere near the endzone on that play, trust me on that.

12. Post thanked by:

Fletch (10-16-2014),jimmifli (10-16-2014)

Registered User IlluminatusUIUC's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 6,165 Times in 3,360 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by Fletch View Post
    Gronk did almost nothing on those four scoring drives.
    I count 3 catches for 35 yards on the last two TD drives alone, two of which converted first downs. That doesn't even include the flags he drew, or the TD he had called back.

He wrecked us.

Billszone 2013 Prediction Contest winner!

14. Post thanked by:

The last buffalo fan (10-17-2014)

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by kingJofNYC View Post
    If Byrd is on this team, Tyms goes nowhere near the endzone on that play, trust me on that.
    That would be hard for Byrd to do from IR.
    "Heck, now I am glad his overrated arce made the pro bowl, else we would have only got a 3rd." ~ yordad

"I've just been hit with a piece of sky. " ~ yordad

"Forgive my opinion, but...." ~ yordad

"Warning: I might be hammered." ~ yordad

"I don't care if the word is "your" or "you're", so buzz off. Its (it's) a frickin(') message board." ~ yordad

16. Post thanked by:

The last buffalo fan (10-17-2014)

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by Fletch View Post
    We have talent on our OL. Just one more instance of why Marrone needs to go. I have no idea why he has anyone defending him or saying that he deserves another season. Much more of this and make Schwartz the interim HC.
    You often trash players on this football team, yet you believe this OL has talent? Their ****ing trash outside of Glenn, and an above average Center in Eric Wood who is grossly overpaid but gets no flack. Glenn is excellent, though he's had an up and down year, Wood is so-so, everyone else is trash. If you want to watch talent on OL, put on the Cowboys, or go watch the Browns rookie G play along with Mack and Thomas.

We have one good OL, we don't have talent on OL, there's a significant lack of it.

Quote Originally Posted by yordad View Post
    That would be hard for Byrd to do from IR.
    Right, because there's no depth on this ball club so even if he was on the team there's no one to step up and take his spot. But instead of having Byrd on IR, we have no one that replaced him, and we also have no depth. So yeah, hur hur, Byrd would be on IR, and yet we still have no ****ing Safeties that stay healthy, hey Aaron Williams missed more games than Byrd ever did as a Bill, and we got torched all game last week because of it.
    Last edited by kingJofNYC; 10-16-2014 at 10:53 AM.

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

would tyms have been visiting byrd reading him get well cards?

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Keep ignoring the fact that we let another player walk and have no one to replace him with.

Our org depth chart is the biggest problem, we lose talent and have no replacements. IT HAPPENS EVERY YEAR! And all you guys can talk about is how Byrd is on IR, blah blah blah. Meanwhile, A.Williams has lost more games due to injury than Byrd ever did as a Bill, and yet A.Williams was extended...
    Last edited by kingJofNYC; 10-16-2014 at 11:05 AM.

Thanks
    Thanked 2,447 Times in 1,528 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

I am VERY disappointed at Eric Wood this year. The knock on him has always been healthy issues and he finally got healthy last year and got a big contract, but hasn't justified it this year. Good center of his pay scale probably needs t, at a minimum, make good line protection calls or adjusting QB protection calls. The way the Bills O-Line fooled sa badly on stunts, fails on max protection is pretty damning for the Center. Changing QB may have something to do that because O-Line does adjusting to the timnign of your QB, but they haven't been doing godd while EJ was in there, like at Texans.

You'd hope that Wood would be able to go one on one with 3-4 nose tackles like Wolford. So far against all the 3-4 teams, the Bills have to use some help. And they are 0-3 against 3-4 D thus far into the young season ...

21. Post thanked by:

YardRat (10-16-2014)

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Hackett is an idiot

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Keep ignoring the fact that we let another player walk and have no one to replace him with.

Our org depth chart is the biggest problem, we lose talent and have no replacements. IT HAPPENS EVERY YEAR! And all you guys can talk about is how Byrd is on IR, blah blah blah. Meanwhile, A.Williams has lost more games due to injury than Byrd ever did as a Bill, and yet A.Williams was extended...
    i don't disagree with your historical viewpoint on how we let talent walk and somehow replace it with lesser quality every year.

however, i think Byrd's foot issue was well known last year, and the defense wasn't so amazing that we can't do without him.

at some point we need a coaching staff that can make adjustments in the half time. but at this point, i guess we'll simply accept having a coach who can call in the right players to the game (MW being sat, and kyle and mario standing on the sidelines for hte last 5 minutes).

we always get saddled with issues that other teams don't go through. we are asking for coaches to excel at the areas they should (OL) and get help at areas they aren't good. and we don't even get the bump at the strength of these coaches. Gailey kind of did by having an enjoyable offense to watch, but it was an upgrade for jauron who presided over the absolute most boring football ever played.

Thanks
    Thanked 30,667 Times in 17,514 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by Ingtar33 View Post
    both of brady's long TDs came when the CB didn't get the deep support he was supposed to get from the safety... instead the safety was caught looking into the backfield at a play fake, or biting on a shorter underneath route. Safety play on sunday was inexcusably bad. Frankly our safety play has been pretty atrocious several times this year (it was particularly bad against the texans and bears as well) so it's not like this is a new issue.

watching that max protect get blown up by a 4 man rush makes me sick. you never should have 3 guys blocking air like we had on that play; that looks like the type of blocking we get from the line on a screen plays as well. that's either a very bad line call, or we have 3 players who have no business on the football field.
    It's hard to tell without seeing the pre-snap alignment, and post-snap first steps, but based on positioning of the players in the still it sure looks to me like somebody effed up the call.
    YardRat Wall of Fame
    #56 DARRYL TALLEY
    #29 DERRICK BURROUGHS#22 FRED JACKSON #95 KYLE WILLIAMS

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by IlluminatusUIUC View Post
    I count 3 catches for 35 yards on the last two TD drives alone, two of which converted first downs. That doesn't even include the flags he drew, or the TD he had called back.

He wrecked us.
    I added it all up for another thread in which someone, without doing any homework on the topic, educated me that Gronk was responsible for numerous 1st-downs.

Of 277 yards on all four of their TD drives he had the 35 yards you mentioned and one 1st-down at the beginning of one of the TD drives. That's it. No TDs, the 1st wasn't even on a 3rd-down play as I recall. He didn't even have that much on the FG drives. He had two 1st downs, only one was on a FG drive. All the rest of his yards were on non-scoring drives.

His contributions to scoring were minor.
    Last edited by Fletch; 10-16-2014 at 05:28 PM.

Thanks
    Thanked 30,667 Times in 17,514 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

LOL...what a cluster-****.

That last pic is the closest thing to Monty Python's '100-yard Dash for People With No Sense of Direction' you'll ever see on a football field.

27. Post thanked by:

Mace (10-16-2014)

Haha...yeah you think so ? Mace's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 16,509 Times in 9,198 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by YardRat View Post
    LOL...what a cluster-****.

That last pic is the closest thing to Monty Python's '100-yard Dash for People With No Sense of Direction' you'll ever see on a football field.
    Well worth 36 seconds of video :