Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Balls & Goats

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Balls & Goats

Apparently no one started this?

Balls: Watkins, Orton, Leodis

Goats: OL ... all of them. Did KW show up today?
    Quote Originally Posted by BillsZone Mod
    cas,

I'm just letting you know that you have been given 2 points for telling Wys AKA Mark to kill himself.

BillsZone Mod

2. Post thanked by:

The last buffalo fan (10-20-2014)

Thanks
    Thanked 17,690 Times in 8,476 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Re: Balls & Goats

Hughes and Dareus get a game ball too. Both were beasts and dominated.

As well as he has played this year, Bradham was off yesterday. Too many missed tackles

Robey was horrible (again) too
    Quote Originally Posted by mysticsoto
    Lecter is right in everything he said.

4. Post thanked by:

HHURRICANE (10-20-2014),jimmifli (10-20-2014),swiper (10-20-2014),The last buffalo fan (10-20-2014)

Thanks
    Thanked 8,924 Times in 4,182 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Aaron Williams struggled. Bradham's had better games.

But four turnovers and the D still only gave up 16. They played great as a unit and are the reason Orton was only down by 6 in the 4th.

6. Post thanked by:

Dr. Lecter (10-20-2014),imbondz (10-20-2014),jlgarsh (10-20-2014),swiper (10-20-2014),YardRat (10-20-2014)

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Lecter View Post
    Hughes and Dareus get a game ball too. Both were beasts and dominated.
    Apparently you missed the fact that Minnesota posted their second best rushing game of the season without Peterson and averaged 5.4 yards per carry against this "elite D."

If we continue to allow that then we won't win another game since we won't see another QB anywhere as close to as bad as Bridgewater is right now.
    http://www.billszone.com/fanzone/sho...s-haters/page3

Post #46

Quote Originally Posted by Yasgur's Farm View Post
    (Moderator) My name's Max Yasgur, and I approve of this post.
    Originally Posted by pmoon6
    The idea that you "won't settle" presumes that you have some kind of control. Delusional thinking at best for a supposed fan of a spectators' sport. Your way to deal with it is to constantly ***** and denigrate any move, any result concerning the team even if it's positive because you don't want your whittle feewings hurt again. It's a protection mechanism.

You shroud your childish approach in a vale of pompous, intellectual garbage in an attempt to look smart and "real". You over-analyze even minute points and manipulate statistics to fit your negative view of the team. Again, to feel good about yourself and to protect from getting hurt.

Of course, the criticisms are obviously from someone who has no understanding of the team concept or what it takes to excel at athletics.

The true "realist" understands that they have no control of what happens on the field or behind the closed doors at One Bills' Drive, so they do the prudent thing for a spectator. They enjoy the games on Sunday with family and friends, cheer for their team and realize that it's just entertainment.
    ------

"I was an integral part in the drafting process of EJ Manuel," Whaley said Thursday on NFL Network's Total Access. "I was the person that handled the draft process and setting up the board."

"We are committed. I want you to believe me when I say that," Whaley said of building around the second-year quarterback, per The Buffalo News. "I always tell you guys that I'll never say never because I don't want to paint myself in a corner, but when I do say something, I do it and I mean it and I try to fulfill it."

"We believe the addition of Sammy is going to be instant impact, not only to our quarterback, but to what our offensive coordinator can come up with game-plan wise and how defenses attack us," Whaley said.

Whaley on EJ Manuel: "We think we got a gem in this guy." (2:30)

"And as Mark says, if in three years maybe he's not [our quarterback of the future], then I'll be sitting there saying 'hey guys', .... anybody got a job for me?" - Doug Whaley

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by jimmifli View Post
    Aaron Williams struggled. Bradham's had better games.

But four turnovers and the D still only gave up 16. They played great as a unit and are the reason Orton was only down by 6 in the 4th.
    The Vikings were one shoe string tackle away from going the distance mulitple times in their running game.

With that said The Bills D is keeping us in games. You hold a team to 16 points you should win the game.

There is alot of hate on this defense but at some point you have to give them some credit. Our secondary is having problems but as a whole they aren't the problem.

9. Post thanked by:

The last buffalo fan (10-20-2014),YardRat (10-20-2014)

Thanks
    Thanked 8,924 Times in 4,182 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Also, Mario Williams (hi coastal) keeps contain on his side as well as any DE in the NFL. They tried to move the pocket and bootleg Teddy a few times and Mario diagnosed and blew it up instantly. He was a big reason Teddy had to stay in the non-existent pocket and get rekt by Hughes and Dareus all game.

11. Post thanked by:

Dr. Lecter (10-20-2014),DraftBoy (10-21-2014),DynaPaul (10-20-2014),jlgarsh (10-20-2014),The last buffalo fan (10-20-2014),trapezeus (10-20-2014),WagonCircler (10-21-2014),YardRat (10-20-2014)

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by Fletch View Post
    Apparently you missed the fact that Minnesota posted their second best rushing game of the season without Peterson and averaged 5.4 yards per carry against this "elite D."

If we continue to allow that then we won't win another game since we won't see another QB anywhere as close to as bad as Bridgewater is right now.
    Apparently you missed the dominance they had in pressuring Bridgewater all day and knocking him on his countless times. Or the number of points given up by the defense in this game

This was the first bad performance by the rush D all year. The first time they gave up over 100 yards and a lot of that was on missed tackles by guys like Bradham and the DBs coming up on the play.

I think I'll base the rush defense more on 5 other games than one.

13. Post thanked by:

jlgarsh (10-20-2014),mysticsoto (10-20-2014),The last buffalo fan (10-20-2014),trapezeus (10-20-2014),YardRat (10-20-2014)

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by HHURRICANE View Post
    The Vikings were one shoe string tackle away from going the distance mulitple times in their running game.

With that said The Bills D is keeping us in games. You hold a team to 16 points you should win the game.

There is alot of hate on this defense but at some point you have to give them some credit. Our secondary is having problems but as a whole they aren't the problem.
    I don't think there is that much hate.

Certainly a few posters ***** about the defense, but let's face it - we listen to them and we also think Watkins sucks.

15. Post thanked by:

casdhf (10-20-2014),The last buffalo fan (10-20-2014)

I told the pet store guy "How else am I supposed to get the mouse out of my ass?" The last buffalo fan's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,688 Times in 1,741 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

We suck, that's it!

Here is to a 4-12 record, go Pats!
    The Mexican & too!!

- Adriano & Emiliano, the next Villa & Zapata. Viva Mexico, cabrones!!! -

2020-2023 AFC East Champions! Historian's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 28,301 Times in 15,448 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Balls:

Leodis He looked like Bob Chandler on the one INT.
    Sammy
    Hughes
    Carpenter (sorry, it was his kick that won the game, lol.

Honorable mention to Chandler. Two good games in a row.

18. Post thanked by:

Dr. Lecter (10-20-2014),The last buffalo fan (10-20-2014)

Thanks
    Thanked 3,218 Times in 1,859 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

lecter, i actually am short of making chandler a goat. on that last drive, before the 24 yard 4th down play, he dropped an easier pass. he is too streaky to be our best TE. Gragg seems to catch everything his way and he hasn't fumbled.

chandler is the romo of TE. Good enough statistically, but totally unreliable in clutch situations on a regular basis. maybe they have big plays in big moments, but chances are they will fail on an ever grander scale due to the lack of consistency.

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Did you just confuse me with the Historian?

He is lucky to be so blessed!

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

I think there should not be any blame going to the defense. After all our O pretty much handed the ball over to the Vikes about every second drive. Yes, we got a few rushing yards against us, but holding them to 16 points when our O produced turnovers like there is no tomorrow, is a great effort in my book.

Thanks
    Thanked 3,218 Times in 1,859 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Lecter View Post
    Did you just confuse me with the Historian?

He is lucky to be so blessed!
    yes i did. now i've started something

23. Post thanked by:

Dr. Lecter (10-20-2014)

Registered User Forward_Lateral's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 8,062 Times in 4,266 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Aaron Williams looked afraid to touch anyone. If his injury is going to prevent him from tackling people, he needs to be on the bench. He looked like a scared kitten.

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by trapezeus View Post
    lecter, i actually am short of making chandler a goat. on that last drive, before the 24 yard 4th down play, he dropped an easier pass. he is too streaky to be our best TE. Gragg seems to catch everything his way and he hasn't fumbled.

chandler is the romo of TE. Good enough statistically, but totally unreliable in clutch situations on a regular basis. maybe they have big plays in big moments, but chances are they will fail on an ever grander scale due to the lack of consistency.
    you wanna call him a goat after a 4th and 20 conversion? That is pretty clutch ...

26. Post thanked by:

swiper (10-20-2014)

Thanks
    Thanked 26,300 Times in 13,730 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Woods gets a goat. Practically invisible except for a fumble.

Come to think of it, he's been invisible all season.

28. Post thanked by:

jimmifli (10-20-2014)

Power & Authority Demand Responsibility to the common good, and must never be abused.
    Thanks
    Thanked 5,891 Times in 4,183 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Balls:

Sammy Sidewinder Watkins
    The DL, great penetration all game Long
    Leodis McKelvin

Goats:
    Orton, we lost the Pats game because of him and we will lose future games because of his inability to hold onto the ball
    The San Fransisco Giants, Forgive me I'm a Royals fan I had to.
    Hackett: Another sleeper of a game

Thanks
    Thanked 13,409 Times in 9,123 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by Fletch View Post

They won. You need to know "bend don't break" when you see it.

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by HHURRICANE View Post

In four of their last five games they've scored 7, 9, 10, and 3 points. Holding them to 16 while allowing 158 yards rushing against a RB you've never heard of is hardly validating that this defense is good.