Count on a loss against the Jets, and a 7-9 season.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Fletch
    • May 2007

Re: Count on a loss against the Jets, and a 7-9 season.

Originally posted by Mr. Pink View Post
    Aaron Rodgers vs Buffalo Bills pass defense.

Have you seen what he's been doing this year? He'll have 200 yards and 3 TDs at half.

The end.
    I also don't expect Lacy and Starks to finish the game with fewer than 100 yards rushing either.
    http://www.billszone.com/fanzone/sho...s-haters/page3

Post #46

Originally posted by Yasgur's Farm
    (Moderator) My name's Max Yasgur, and I approve of this post.
    Originally Posted by pmoon6
    The idea that you "won't settle" presumes that you have some kind of control. Delusional thinking at best for a supposed fan of a spectators' sport. Your way to deal with it is to constantly ***** and denigrate any move, any result concerning the team even if it's positive because you don't want your whittle feewings hurt again. It's a protection mechanism.

You shroud your childish approach in a vale of pompous, intellectual garbage in an attempt to look smart and "real". You over-analyze even minute points and manipulate statistics to fit your negative view of the team. Again, to feel good about yourself and to protect from getting hurt.

Of course, the criticisms are obviously from someone who has no understanding of the team concept or what it takes to excel at athletics.

The true "realist" understands that they have no control of what happens on the field or behind the closed doors at One Bills' Drive, so they do the prudent thing for a spectator. They enjoy the games on Sunday with family and friends, cheer for their team and realize that it's just entertainment.
    ------

"I was an integral part in the drafting process of EJ Manuel," Whaley said Thursday on NFL Network's Total Access. "I was the person that handled the draft process and setting up the board."

"We are committed. I want you to believe me when I say that," Whaley said of building around the second-year quarterback, per The Buffalo News. "I always tell you guys that I'll never say never because I don't want to paint myself in a corner, but when I do say something, I do it and I mean it and I try to fulfill it."

"We believe the addition of Sammy is going to be instant impact, not only to our quarterback, but to what our offensive coordinator can come up with game-plan wise and how defenses attack us," Whaley said.

Whaley on EJ Manuel: "We think we got a gem in this guy." (2:30)

"And as Mark says, if in three years maybe he's not [our quarterback of the future], then I'll be sitting there saying 'hey guys', .... anybody got a job for me?" - Doug Whaley

Comment

• better days
      • Jan 2010

Originally posted by Dr. Lecter View Post
      Well, they aren't beating Denver in Denver.

I am pretty sure on that one
      You never know.

Injuries happen.

If Peyton gets injured, the Bills could win that game.

Comment

• Fletch
        • May 2007

Originally posted by Forward_Lateral View Post
        Pressure Geno relentlessly, and it won't even be close.
        Who's going to stop Ivory, Johnson, and Powell if he plays?

Powell had his best career game against us last season. Ivory posted a top-10 game against us. Chris Johnson has averaged 180 rushing yards against us in three career games.

I wouldn't worry about Smith, I'd worry about a running game that lit up the Pats for 218 yards last week, lit us up for 316 last season, and which currently ranks 2nd in rushing.

Second thing I'd worry about is what Ryan's plans for Orton are. I doubt he's over there sweating because of Bryce Brown.

If Smith plays like he did last week then this game won't be close.
        http://www.billszone.com/fanzone/sho...s-haters/page3

Post #46

Originally posted by Yasgur's Farm
        (Moderator) My name's Max Yasgur, and I approve of this post.
        Originally Posted by pmoon6
        The idea that you "won't settle" presumes that you have some kind of control. Delusional thinking at best for a supposed fan of a spectators' sport. Your way to deal with it is to constantly ***** and denigrate any move, any result concerning the team even if it's positive because you don't want your whittle feewings hurt again. It's a protection mechanism.

You shroud your childish approach in a vale of pompous, intellectual garbage in an attempt to look smart and "real". You over-analyze even minute points and manipulate statistics to fit your negative view of the team. Again, to feel good about yourself and to protect from getting hurt.

Of course, the criticisms are obviously from someone who has no understanding of the team concept or what it takes to excel at athletics.

The true "realist" understands that they have no control of what happens on the field or behind the closed doors at One Bills' Drive, so they do the prudent thing for a spectator. They enjoy the games on Sunday with family and friends, cheer for their team and realize that it's just entertainment.
        ------

"I was an integral part in the drafting process of EJ Manuel," Whaley said Thursday on NFL Network's Total Access. "I was the person that handled the draft process and setting up the board."

"We are committed. I want you to believe me when I say that," Whaley said of building around the second-year quarterback, per The Buffalo News. "I always tell you guys that I'll never say never because I don't want to paint myself in a corner, but when I do say something, I do it and I mean it and I try to fulfill it."

"We believe the addition of Sammy is going to be instant impact, not only to our quarterback, but to what our offensive coordinator can come up with game-plan wise and how defenses attack us," Whaley said.

Whaley on EJ Manuel: "We think we got a gem in this guy." (2:30)

"And as Mark says, if in three years maybe he's not [our quarterback of the future], then I'll be sitting there saying 'hey guys', .... anybody got a job for me?" - Doug Whaley

Comment

• Dr. Lecter
          Zero for Zero!
          • Mar 2003

Originally posted by Fletch View Post
          I also don't expect Lacy and Starks to finish the game with fewer than 100 yards rushing either.
          Individually?Are you really saying 2 100 yard rushers and a 300+ yard passer?
          Originally posted by mysticsoto
          Lecter is right in everything he said.

Comment

• Historian
            2020-2023 AFC East Champions!
            • Dec 2002

FYI...we're 1-3 in Denver since the merger, (most of the games were in OP) last win in 2008.

Comment

• better days
              • Jan 2010

If we don't find a way to start scoring more than 17 - 20 points we're not going to win too many more games. That's going to be difficult without a good RB. We'll see how good BB is, but it'll be amazing if he can fill starting shoes on this offense. He struggled in Philly. Sure, you can cite three games and ignore the other 40, but that's not wise. Like Spiller he's got a few good runs making him look good but as a steady consistent option it's simply not there.

He's fresh, that's the good thing. That'll last two games though.

On the other side, the defense is going to have to tighten up against good RBs too. The Jets rushing game is better than anything we've faced this season except for maybe Chicago where Forte logged 4.8 ypc against us. If the Jets do that then the game won't be close.

I agree the Bills need to score more points.

But I don't care how many yards the Jets put up, through the air or on the ground.

If the Bills can hold them to 16 points like they did the Vikings, I like the Bills chances to win the game.

Comment

• BuffaloRedleg
                • Aug 2013

We haven't contained any good RB this season. Our "#1 Run D" has been built on smoke-n-mirrors of having played Donald Brown, George Winn, Lamar Miller, and injured Foster who came out, and sub-par Ridley and Vereen. Forte ran well against us and we just let McKinnon and the Vikes have a heyday.

Last season the Jets averaged the same 158 rushing yards that McKinnon just put up against our "#1 rushing D." Which is now 5th by the way. What is the reason why that won't happen again? If it does, will we win? Just asking the tough questions.

I can see us pressuring Geno like we did Bridgewater, but Bridgewater had his best day as a pro against us. It wasn't good, just sayin', he's sucked worse before playing us.

This is anything but a gimme game. The Jets should be favored.
                I'm not saying it is a gimme, but it has nothing to do with the Jet talent. Their QB is absolutely terrible, their running game is okay, their wide receivers are mostly laughable, their defense is decent but nothing to write home about.

The real indictment here is that our coaching has been so sorry that we're even having this conversation. If we had better coaching this wouldn't even be a game (other than the fact that generally the Jets play us well) we'd discuss in length like Minnesota. We are a much better team but we have people running the team who have not yet learned how to utilize all the talent properly.

The bottom line is that if you really think that we will lose, then what does a win prove? If the Jets are better than we are giving them credit for, then we deserve credit if we beat them. You absolutely will not give them credit if we do end up winning, and I take issue with that. It is a double standard, you only give credit in a loss but never a win.

Comment

• Dr. Who
                  • Jul 2002

And he suffers from hypergraphia.

Comment

• Jry44
                    • Apr 2013

Originally posted by BuffaloRedleg View Post
                    The Jets play decent against the Pats, which they always seem to do, and all of a sudden everyone is blowing their load over them.

I'm taking Buffalo this week especially +3 are you kidding me. They aren't great but they are certainly a better team. The only place the Jets are better basically is coaching.
                    Richardson and Wilkerson against our guards is a severe mismatch. Look at what JJ Watt alone did to us?

If our run defense shows up half asleep against this week like they did against Minn. it could be another long afternoon in Jersey.

I feel our ability to protect Orton is the key to this game. The Jets have the leagues worst secondary, and if we can get some time to throw the ball, I think we win a close one. If not it could be another frustrating afternoon.

Comment

• Jry44
                      • Apr 2013

We haven't contained any good RB this season. Our "#1 Run D" has been built on smoke-n-mirrors of having played Donald Brown, George Winn, Lamar Miller, and injured Foster who came out, and sub-par Ridley and Vereen. Forte ran well against us and we just let McKinnon and the Vikes have a heyday.

Last season the Jets averaged the same 158 rushing yards that McKinnon just put up against our "#1 rushing D." Which is now 5th by the way. What is the reason why that won't happen again? If it does, will we win? Just asking the tough questions.

I can see us pressuring Geno like we did Bridgewater, but Bridgewater had his best day as a pro against us. It wasn't good, just sayin', he's sucked worse before playing us.

This is anything but a gimme game. The Jets should be favored.
                      Stopping another teams running game isn't just about containing a great back. Sunday aside, our front 7 has done a remarkable job at winning at the point of attack and filling the running lanes all season long. The only place we have been vulnerable with any consistency against the run this season is on the right, where Jerry Hughes isn't very good at holding the edge. Aside from that our dline had been doing a great job at dominating one on one battles up front. Miami as a team has had a pretty good run game. The Miami (4), Houston (8), and Minnesota (10) are all top ten teams in the league at running the ball. We've completely shut down two of those three!

Comment

• better days
                        • Jan 2010

I think the key to beating the Jets is to get an early lead.

That will quiet the crowd, maybe even turn them against their own team & they start booing the Jets.

Hackett will be able to call any play in his limited playbook & the Bills Defense can tee off on Geno.

Comment

• BuffaloRedleg
                          • Aug 2013

Originally posted by Jry44 View Post
                          Richardson and Wilkerson against our guards is a severe mismatch. Look at what JJ Watt alone did to us?

If our run defense shows up half asleep against this week like they did against Minn. it could be another long afternoon in Jersey.

I feel our ability to protect Orton is the key to this game. The Jets have the leagues worst secondary, and if we can get some time to throw the ball, I think we win a close one. If not it could be another frustrating afternoon.
                          I can play that game. It is easy to cherry pick things and say "that is the reason we will lose" but it goes both ways. The Jets have the worst QB in the league and it isn't even close.

It is dishonest to not look at the big picture and just pick specific things that fit the storyline you want to convey.

Nobody seems to be talking about coaching, but I see that as the biggest issue we are going to face. We are getting lost in these matchups that while yes they matter, they happen every week. Every team pairs up poorly against JJ Watt and Richardson/Wilkerson. That's just football.

Comment

• notacon
                            • Aug 2012

I'm not saying it is a gimme, but it has nothing to do with the Jet talent. Their QB is absolutely terrible, their running game is okay, their wide receivers are mostly laughable, their defense is decent but nothing to write home about.

The real indictment here is that our coaching has been so sorry that we're even having this conversation. If we had better coaching this wouldn't even be a game (other than the fact that generally the Jets play us well) we'd discuss in length like Minnesota. We are a much better team but we have people running the team who have not yet learned how to utilize all the talent properly.

The bottom line is that if you really think that we will lose, then what does a win prove? If the Jets are better than we are giving them credit for, then we deserve credit if we beat them. You absolutely will not give them credit if we do end up winning, and I take issue with that. It is a double standard, you only give credit in a loss but never a win.
                            No, he's not. Watch him outplay Orton by a mile.

Comment

• Jry44
                              • Apr 2013

I can play that game. It is easy to cherry pick things and say "that is the reason we will lose" but it goes both ways. The Jets have the worst QB in the league and it isn't even close.

It is dishonest to not look at the big picture and just pick specific things that fit the storyline you want to convey.

Nobody seems to be talking about coaching, but I see that as the biggest issue we are going to face. We are getting lost in these matchups that while yes they matter, they happen every week. Every team pairs up poorly against JJ Watt and Richardson/Wilkerson. That's just football.
                              Man, you all are such a hostile bunch on this board!

First... where did I ever say that we were going to lose? I said that Richardson and Wilkerson are severe mismatches for us because of the way our guards are playing, and yes, I get that they give everyone problems, now imagine how much of a problem they are going to be for the worst starting pair in the league? Get my point on the concern there? Unless Marrone decides to work Craig Urbik back in there somewhere, this COULD very well be enough of a mismatch that the game could be decided much like the Texans game. You would have to be very naive to think otherwise...

Secondly... I didn't look at the bigger picture? I said that we match up very well against the Jets secondary and that Orton getting time would be the key to moving the ball. We simply are not a good rushing team anymore, not with Richardson and Pears as our guards. If they get blown up as badly as the Vikings mediocre defensive line blew them up, there's no way we will be able to do anything. I also mentioned our run defense. Because Geno Smith is so bad, the Jets will, and always have loved to pound the rock. We struggled with this last week. It is a cause for concern and we could see another game similar to the Vikings game that we just eeked out.

And third, Percy Harvin is a factor. We have no idea as to how the Jets plan on using the guy.

Again, not making a prediction either way, I am simply stating that this game is no gimmee simply because Geno Smith is a terrible Qb and because the Jets have a bad secondary. Which ever team wins in the trenches is going to win this game.

Comment

• better days
                                • Jan 2010

Speaking of JJ Watt, I called him a dirty player because he went after EJ's lower legs.

Well, he did the same thing last night to Big Ben.

He was not flagged for it, but the announcers commented on it & they showed a replay.

JJ Watt is a DIRTY player.

Comment

Working...
                                X