• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • BuffaloRedleg
    • Aug 2013

Re: A slightly interesting stat

Originally posted by Fletch View Post
    Really? You're actually complaining about our injury situation which until now has been about the best in the league? Seriously? One significant player to date. Lions were missing a whole lot more than that, those were just the key players.

Nice of you to answer the question though. I realize that it's a toughie and I wouldn't want to see smoke coming out of your ears, so probably best you don't tax your grapenut sized brain on that one.
    You are not understanding the point. I'm not complaining at all. I'm saying that all teams have injuries all the time and that is not an acceptable excuse for either side. I never accept injury as an excuse for the Bills, ever.

Anyways, you don't think it matters that the Lions beat the Saints with essentially the same roster? I think that is a crucial point that you ignored and it pretty much sinks your entire argument.

It's called comparative analysis. Keeps people from just cherry picking information to make a predetermined point. You know, like you always do.
    Last edited by BuffaloRedleg; 10-23-2014, 08:56 AM.

Comment

• Ed
      Dude
      • Sep 2002

Really? You're actually complaining about our injury situation which until now has been about the best in the league? Seriously? One significant player to date. Lions were missing a whole lot more than that, those were just the key players.

Nice of you to answer the question though. I realize that it's a toughie and I wouldn't want to see smoke coming out of your ears, so probably best you don't tax your grapenut sized brain on that one.
      Kyle Williams and Nigel Bradham both missed the Detroit game, but you don't seem to want to acknowledge this for some reason.

Comment

• BuffaloRedleg
        • Aug 2013

Originally posted by Ed View Post
        Kyle Williams and Nigel Bradham both missed the Detroit game, but you don't seem to want to acknowledge this for some reason.
        When we win it is because of the other team was injured or luck, when we lose it is because we suck.

Comment

• Fletch
          • May 2007

Originally posted by EricStratton View Post
          I didn't question if Calvin is a difference maker because he is a difference maker, the two running backs are average players who were replaced by another average player
          Again, so you're equating George Winn with Reggie Bush and Joique Bell, right?

I wouldn't argue that Bell and Bush are very average, but you're arguing now that a RB that was on 3 teams last season, primarily if not exclusively practice squads, and one that has 16 carries for 64 yards and 0 TDs, primarily in one game against us, is an average NFL RB?

Is that correct?

- - - Updated - - -

Originally posted by better days View Post
          Well, here is an interesting stat....The Jets are giving up 26.3 points per game this season.

Not only the most points they have given up with Rex as HC, but the most they have given up since 1996 when they gave up 28.4 points per game.
          We shouldn't have any difficulty scoring at least 24 points then, right?
          http://www.billszone.com/fanzone/sho...s-haters/page3

Post #46

Originally posted by Yasgur's Farm
          (Moderator) My name's Max Yasgur, and I approve of this post.
          Originally Posted by pmoon6
          The idea that you "won't settle" presumes that you have some kind of control. Delusional thinking at best for a supposed fan of a spectators' sport. Your way to deal with it is to constantly ***** and denigrate any move, any result concerning the team even if it's positive because you don't want your whittle feewings hurt again. It's a protection mechanism.

You shroud your childish approach in a vale of pompous, intellectual garbage in an attempt to look smart and "real". You over-analyze even minute points and manipulate statistics to fit your negative view of the team. Again, to feel good about yourself and to protect from getting hurt.

Of course, the criticisms are obviously from someone who has no understanding of the team concept or what it takes to excel at athletics.

The true "realist" understands that they have no control of what happens on the field or behind the closed doors at One Bills' Drive, so they do the prudent thing for a spectator. They enjoy the games on Sunday with family and friends, cheer for their team and realize that it's just entertainment.
          ------

"I was an integral part in the drafting process of EJ Manuel," Whaley said Thursday on NFL Network's Total Access. "I was the person that handled the draft process and setting up the board."

"We are committed. I want you to believe me when I say that," Whaley said of building around the second-year quarterback, per The Buffalo News. "I always tell you guys that I'll never say never because I don't want to paint myself in a corner, but when I do say something, I do it and I mean it and I try to fulfill it."

"We believe the addition of Sammy is going to be instant impact, not only to our quarterback, but to what our offensive coordinator can come up with game-plan wise and how defenses attack us," Whaley said.

Whaley on EJ Manuel: "We think we got a gem in this guy." (2:30)

"And as Mark says, if in three years maybe he's not [our quarterback of the future], then I'll be sitting there saying 'hey guys', .... anybody got a job for me?" - Doug Whaley

Comment

• Fletch
            • May 2007

Originally posted by BuffaloRedleg View Post
            Would we have been A, more difficult, B, less difficult, or C, equally difficult if we had Kiko Alonso playing?

It's football kid, people get injured all the time, and it's never an excuse.

The Lions beat the Saints with essentially the same roster. So thanks for playing bye.
            You're right, they do get injured all the time. But to suggest that losing Kiko is like another team having 15 players on their injury list, with over half of their skill position players on offense, is the same thing, isn't really being honest in the sense of assessing the situations, is it?

We've had one of the lightest injury lists all season long. Even now it's not as bad as many teams. Don't equate poor planning with injuiries. Spiller and Jackson weren't doing much. Spiller because he's an overrated role player and Jackson because his days are now gone.

- - - Updated - - -

Originally posted by BuffaloRedleg View Post
            When we win it is because of the other team was injured or luck, when we lose it is because we suck.
            That's called showing up to an Tapout fight with an apron and a spatula.

Is that really your best?
            http://www.billszone.com/fanzone/sho...s-haters/page3

Post #46

Originally posted by Yasgur's Farm
            (Moderator) My name's Max Yasgur, and I approve of this post.
            Originally Posted by pmoon6
            The idea that you "won't settle" presumes that you have some kind of control. Delusional thinking at best for a supposed fan of a spectators' sport. Your way to deal with it is to constantly ***** and denigrate any move, any result concerning the team even if it's positive because you don't want your whittle feewings hurt again. It's a protection mechanism.

You shroud your childish approach in a vale of pompous, intellectual garbage in an attempt to look smart and "real". You over-analyze even minute points and manipulate statistics to fit your negative view of the team. Again, to feel good about yourself and to protect from getting hurt.

Of course, the criticisms are obviously from someone who has no understanding of the team concept or what it takes to excel at athletics.

The true "realist" understands that they have no control of what happens on the field or behind the closed doors at One Bills' Drive, so they do the prudent thing for a spectator. They enjoy the games on Sunday with family and friends, cheer for their team and realize that it's just entertainment.
            ------

"I was an integral part in the drafting process of EJ Manuel," Whaley said Thursday on NFL Network's Total Access. "I was the person that handled the draft process and setting up the board."

"We are committed. I want you to believe me when I say that," Whaley said of building around the second-year quarterback, per The Buffalo News. "I always tell you guys that I'll never say never because I don't want to paint myself in a corner, but when I do say something, I do it and I mean it and I try to fulfill it."

"We believe the addition of Sammy is going to be instant impact, not only to our quarterback, but to what our offensive coordinator can come up with game-plan wise and how defenses attack us," Whaley said.

Whaley on EJ Manuel: "We think we got a gem in this guy." (2:30)

"And as Mark says, if in three years maybe he's not [our quarterback of the future], then I'll be sitting there saying 'hey guys', .... anybody got a job for me?" - Doug Whaley

Comment

• EricStratton
              • Jul 2002

Is that correct?
              Yup.

Comment

• trapezeus
                Legendary Zoner
                • Oct 2004

fletch, what would help your case is acknowledging when other bring something to the table and maybe dealing with those facts. but sticking to your 5 talking points seems to just make you a politician. doesn't really know the issue, but knows what they are supposed to say about it and repeat it all the time.

Comment

• kscdogbillsfan1221
                  • Nov 2007

It doesn't make you any less of a man to openly admit when you're wrong instead of ignoring facts that weaken your argument and cherry pick others that support it.
                  I came.
                  I saw.
                  I conquered.

Comment

• BuffaloRedleg
                    • Aug 2013

You're right, they do get injured all the time. But to suggest that losing Kiko is like another team having 15 players on their injury list, with over half of their skill position players on offense, is the same thing, isn't really being honest in the sense of assessing the situations, is it?

We've had one of the lightest injury lists all season long. Even now it's not as bad as many teams. Don't equate poor planning with injuiries. Spiller and Jackson weren't doing much. Spiller because he's an overrated role player and Jackson because his days are now gone.

- - - Updated - - -

That's called showing up to an Tapout fight with an apron and a spatula.

Is that really your best?
                    You didn't respond to the crux of my point, once again. What do you make of the fact that the Bills beat the Lions and the Saints lost to the Lions with essentially the same roster? A lot of straw manning and ignoring points you cant refute going on by you as usual.

Comment

Working...
                    X