• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • gebobs
    One Bills Drive, Georgia - 871 miles south of Orchard Park
    • Sep 2003

Re: Kyle Orton - a few observations

Originally posted by casdhf View Post
    Isn't the BYE week an actual trip away from football? Can they work this week?
    Originally posted by DraftBoy View Post
    They still have team meetings, film room work, and practice I believe.
    NFLPA requires at least four days off.
    Last edited by gebobs; 10-29-2014, 12:31 PM.
    Lehner's history. He just doesn't know it yet.

Comment

• mysticsoto
      Too sober for this...
      • Apr 2004

Originally posted by Forward_Lateral View Post
      Regarding Mike Williams, at a point in the game on Sunday, they showed Orton visibly displeased with Mike on the sidelines. Mike was just standing there like a dope.
      Orton: "I said I wanted CREAM in my latte...*****!"

LOL! It's interesting to me that Hogan is getting more play time than Williams...I'd love to know why he's in the doghouse...attitude issues?

Comment

• Fletch
        • May 2007

Originally posted by mysticsoto View Post
        Orton: "I said I wanted CREAM in my latte...*****!"

LOL! It's interesting to me that Hogan is getting more play time than Williams...I'd love to know why he's in the doghouse...attitude issues?
        Maybe he's just not as good as everyone thought.
        http://www.billszone.com/fanzone/sho...s-haters/page3

Post #46

Originally posted by Yasgur's Farm
        (Moderator) My name's Max Yasgur, and I approve of this post.
        Originally Posted by pmoon6
        The idea that you "won't settle" presumes that you have some kind of control. Delusional thinking at best for a supposed fan of a spectators' sport. Your way to deal with it is to constantly ***** and denigrate any move, any result concerning the team even if it's positive because you don't want your whittle feewings hurt again. It's a protection mechanism.

You shroud your childish approach in a vale of pompous, intellectual garbage in an attempt to look smart and "real". You over-analyze even minute points and manipulate statistics to fit your negative view of the team. Again, to feel good about yourself and to protect from getting hurt.

Of course, the criticisms are obviously from someone who has no understanding of the team concept or what it takes to excel at athletics.

The true "realist" understands that they have no control of what happens on the field or behind the closed doors at One Bills' Drive, so they do the prudent thing for a spectator. They enjoy the games on Sunday with family and friends, cheer for their team and realize that it's just entertainment.
        ------

"I was an integral part in the drafting process of EJ Manuel," Whaley said Thursday on NFL Network's Total Access. "I was the person that handled the draft process and setting up the board."

"We are committed. I want you to believe me when I say that," Whaley said of building around the second-year quarterback, per The Buffalo News. "I always tell you guys that I'll never say never because I don't want to paint myself in a corner, but when I do say something, I do it and I mean it and I try to fulfill it."

"We believe the addition of Sammy is going to be instant impact, not only to our quarterback, but to what our offensive coordinator can come up with game-plan wise and how defenses attack us," Whaley said.

Whaley on EJ Manuel: "We think we got a gem in this guy." (2:30)

"And as Mark says, if in three years maybe he's not [our quarterback of the future], then I'll be sitting there saying 'hey guys', .... anybody got a job for me?" - Doug Whaley

Comment

• mysticsoto
          Too sober for this...
          • Apr 2004

Originally posted by Fletch View Post
          Maybe you're right...others appear to just be outplaying him:

Comment

• WagonCircler
            Escaped Convict
            • Jul 2002

Originally posted by Fletch View Post
            Or maybe Hogan is better than anyone thought.

Comment

• casdhf
              • Jul 2002

Marrone definitely has an ego. I feel he will start inferior players over guys he doesnt like. Urbick for example.
              Originally posted by BillsZone Mod
              cas,

I'm just letting you know that you have been given 2 points for telling Wys AKA Mark to kill himself.

BillsZone Mod

Comment

• ghz in pittsburgh
                • Aug 2004

It took Kyle Orton and the Buffalo Bills years to find stability and start winning games. There's a lesson in there for the Jets and Geno Smith.

Some interesting stuff -- looks like even defensive players notice the difference.

"Having Kyle has proved to be very beneficial,'' Bills defensive end Mario Williams said. "When he is given time, he can make plays. He can make throws. He stands in there with great heart. And when he gets hit, he lets his blockers know he got hit. And why. He lets them know and kicks their butts in gear.''

Manuel added: "People may see what he is doing on the field right now but they don't see his approach. The way he speaks to the offensive coordinator (Nathaniel Hackett), the way he talks to everybody in the quarterback room, the way he talks to all of the offensive players. He lets you know what he expects. No, he demands it. It has become a collective thing. Kyle will go through all of the plays with the coaches during the week and be very clear about 'I like that' or 'I don't like that.' I'm watching. I'm learning. Every practice. Every play in every game. I'm always prepared if my number is called. But I am definitely learning how to do some things by watching him.''

Whaley said. "He is a polished, veteran quarterback and player."He has become a big part of getting our guys expecting to win instead of hoping to win..."

Comment

• Night Train
                  Retired - On Several Levels
                  • Jul 2005

I like the fact he reminded me to re-watch Napoleon Dynamite again.

Love that flick.
                  Anonymity is an abused privilege, abused most by people who mistake vitriol for wisdom and cynicism for wit

Comment

• gebobs
                    One Bills Drive, Georgia - 871 miles south of Orchard Park
                    • Sep 2003

Originally posted by better days View Post
                    Well, history is no indication.

The Bills are a NEW organization from the owner down.
                    No kidding? I hadn't heard. ;-)

I really need to use more of these winkie-smilie things so people can tell when I'm being sarcastic.
                    Last edited by gebobs; 10-29-2014, 04:45 PM.
                    Lehner's history. He just doesn't know it yet.

Comment

• YardRat
                      Well, lookie here...
                      • Dec 2004

Originally posted by casdhf View Post
                      Marrone definitely has an ego. I feel he will start inferior players over guys he doesnt like. Urbick for example.
                      Is that on Marrone or Morris?

Also, I'll believe they are 'working very hard on improving the running game' when I see what they roll out against KC.
                      YardRat Wall of Fame
                      #56 DARRYL TALLEY
                      #29 DERRICK BURROUGHS#22 FRED JACKSON #95 KYLE WILLIAMS

Comment

• Meathead
                        Insufferable ***** and perpetual crybaby
                        • Jul 2002

marrone said that one of the reasons white lightnin is getting more plays than black lumberjack is bc he plays all the wr positions. i dont think williams plays slot at all, does he? seems like hes strictly an outside guy
                        One set of rules for all in the beloved community

Comment

• The Doc
                          • Oct 2014

If you watched Orton like I have throughout his career you'd know he was always good. Far better than his stats.

Comment

• Woodman
                            Legendary Zoner
                            • Apr 2014

Originally posted by WagonCircler View Post
                            Or maybe Hogan is better than anyone thought.
                            This is the accurate observation.

“It breaks your heart when someone leaves and you don’t know why.”

"It may be raining but there's a rainbow above you"

Former President Donald Trump early Thursday touted the results of a new NPR/PBSNewsHour/Marist poll showing him ahead of President Joe Biden by 8 percentage points among independents.

Comment

• dog14787
                              • Oct 2010

If Kyle Orton continues playing well for the rest of the season,

we got our guy IMO (3-5 years)

Comment

• Cleve
                                • Oct 2004

After 4 games, Orton is top ten in stats among Quarterbacks in several key measures - Quarterback rating, yards per attempt, completion percentage, and yards per game - and this includes a bruising loss to New England. At this point, he appears to be a substantial upgrade from Fitzpatrick, Manuel, Losman, Edwards, ad nauseum.

Buffalo fans can only hope it continues. It's been a long time since Buffalo has enjoyed a COMPETENT QB at the helm.

This lowly cart.... it hits harder and has a higher yards
                                per play average than the Bills' offense!

Comment

Working...
                                X