Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Bills Toxic

Democrats are people too imbondz's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,006 Times in 2,186 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Re: Bills Toxic

Quote Originally Posted by feldspar View Post
    Toxic differential is basically a number, which is arrived at by adding a team's net takeaways with a team's net number of plays that went for at least 20-yards.

So the Bills have forced 18 turnovers and turned the ball over 11 times: 18-11 = 7, so that that's half of it.

The Bills have had 35 offensive plays of 20-yards or more, and they've defensively allowed their opponents 22 plays of 20-yards or more: 35-22 = 13, and there is the other half of it.

Add the two categories together, 7 + 13, and the Bills' toxic differential is +20.

Got that, ya lazy bastard?

yep! much easier than reading that article.
    My faith doesn’t make me perfect, it makes me forgiven.

2. Post thanked by:

feldspar (10-29-2014)

Thanks
    Thanked 17,690 Times in 8,476 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by imbondz View Post
    yep! much easier than reading that article.

They really need to use more pictures with these articles for you.......
    Quote Originally Posted by mysticsoto
    Lecter is right in everything he said.

4. Post thanked by:

feldspar (10-29-2014),HAMMER (10-29-2014),imbondz (10-29-2014)

SpikedLemonade

Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Lecter View Post
    But they had bad games against the Bills and the Bills barely beat Detroit

They don't count.
    Look this could very well all fall apart during the next 4 games to no one's surprise, but that does not take away from an impressive first half of the season.

I wish our OL and running game were better since it would make us less vulnerable however perhaps our D has even another level it can rise to to enable us to win 5 more games.

6. Post thanked by:

Dr. Lecter (10-29-2014),jlgarsh (10-29-2014)

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by SpikedLemonade View Post
    That is not true of the Lions and Dolphins.
    It is true of Detroit, they were a shell of their normal team on offense when we played them.

I don't consider Miami to be good, they seem below average. I mean who is expecting them to break .500? All the talk here prior to the season was how they sucked, now they're good according to people here? They're OK, probably about like us. That game had much energy and much like the Jets last week we allowed them to hang around into the 4th too. Remember, it was a FG fest for us.

Either way, let's no leapfrog the point, the second half features teams much tougher than we had in the first half and teams that typically aren't going to make the kinds of TOs that have led us to victories. So we'll have to find ways to win otherwise.
    http://www.billszone.com/fanzone/sho...s-haters/page3

Post #46

Quote Originally Posted by Yasgur's Farm View Post
    (Moderator) My name's Max Yasgur, and I approve of this post.
    Originally Posted by pmoon6
    The idea that you "won't settle" presumes that you have some kind of control. Delusional thinking at best for a supposed fan of a spectators' sport. Your way to deal with it is to constantly ***** and denigrate any move, any result concerning the team even if it's positive because you don't want your whittle feewings hurt again. It's a protection mechanism.

You shroud your childish approach in a vale of pompous, intellectual garbage in an attempt to look smart and "real". You over-analyze even minute points and manipulate statistics to fit your negative view of the team. Again, to feel good about yourself and to protect from getting hurt.

Of course, the criticisms are obviously from someone who has no understanding of the team concept or what it takes to excel at athletics.

The true "realist" understands that they have no control of what happens on the field or behind the closed doors at One Bills' Drive, so they do the prudent thing for a spectator. They enjoy the games on Sunday with family and friends, cheer for their team and realize that it's just entertainment.
    ------

"I was an integral part in the drafting process of EJ Manuel," Whaley said Thursday on NFL Network's Total Access. "I was the person that handled the draft process and setting up the board."

"We are committed. I want you to believe me when I say that," Whaley said of building around the second-year quarterback, per The Buffalo News. "I always tell you guys that I'll never say never because I don't want to paint myself in a corner, but when I do say something, I do it and I mean it and I try to fulfill it."

"We believe the addition of Sammy is going to be instant impact, not only to our quarterback, but to what our offensive coordinator can come up with game-plan wise and how defenses attack us," Whaley said.

Whaley on EJ Manuel: "We think we got a gem in this guy." (2:30)

"And as Mark says, if in three years maybe he's not [our quarterback of the future], then I'll be sitting there saying 'hey guys', .... anybody got a job for me?" - Doug Whaley

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by feldspar View Post
    It never does.

God forbid that they apply all these asterisks that they like so much to every other team, and nitpick everything all the time for those teams. No, everybody else's stats are squeaky clean, apparently...or at least not worth mentioning mostly.

Stats only mean so much, anyway. But turnovers and big plays are pretty important, I'd say. I can see giving some weight to the toxic differential.
    Let me ask some of you, what was so offensive about what I posted? Seriously?

What was so offensive to you that you felt you had no choice but to start name-calling and putting me down, etc.?

I mean are you guys that out of control with your emotional wherewithal? Sure seems like it.

Comes across to many like the same types that want to start brawls at games because they don't like what an opposing fan said.

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by SpikedLemonade View Post
    Look this could very well all fall apart during the next 4 games to no one's surprise, but that does not take away from an impressive first half of the season.

I wish our OL and running game were better since it would make us less vulnerable however perhaps our D has even another level it can rise to to enable us to win 5 more games.
    What gets me is at the beginning of the season everyone was talking about how great our OL was and how our RBs were elite especially because we had players like Brown and Dixon as backups both of whom could start should the need arise. I can even go find the thread entitled that. Anyone that insisted otherwise was called all kinds of things.

Now all of a sudden they're problematic.

This is nuts here.

One thing that hardly anyone mentions is that our defense had better tighten up its running D here soon or we're ****ed. 333 yards allowed the last two weeks, I don't see any of these articles mentioning that. Only the positives.

I'm highly concerned about that. Only a fool wouldn't be.
    Last edited by Fletch; 10-29-2014 at 01:30 PM.

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by Fletch View Post
    What gets me is at the beginning of the season everyone was talking about how great our OL was and how our RBs were elite especially because we had players like Brown and Dixon as backups both of whom could start should the need arise. I can even go find the thread entitled that. Anyone that insisted otherwise was called all kinds of things.

This is nuts here.

One thing that hardly anyone mentions is that our defense had better tighten up its running D here soon or we're ****ed. 333 yards allowed the last two weeks, I don't see any of these articles mentioning that. Only the positives.

Kinda like all those threads saying Watkins was going to be a bust? You can't win them all, Fletch.
    Quote Originally Posted by BillsZone Mod
    cas,

I'm just letting you know that you have been given 2 points for telling Wys AKA Mark to kill himself.

BillsZone Mod

Thanks
    Thanked 3,218 Times in 1,859 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

This is nuts here.

and you're the guy saying how dixon and bryce are no good because they went against the 6th rated rush defense and struggled to produce.

you're the kind of guy who goes to the stadium, talks nonstop about how right you are and then end up surprised that someone started a fight with you. always the victim, right fletch/very wide right

12. Post thanked by:

HAMMER (10-29-2014)

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

The run defense gave up 106 yards last week on 25 carries. 69 yards were to Vick. That is not on the run defense. It is on contain on the pass rushers.

Which was largely corrected at half time.

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Only the positives.

And this is funny.

And ironic.

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by casdhf View Post
    Kinda like all those threads saying Watkins was going to be a bust? You can't win them all, Fletch.
    Yeah, it's a real shame that I didn't say that, huh. Try as you may, you'll never be able to quote me.

I will stand by my statement that I'd rather have taken Benjamin, the next best available, with our original 9th and still had our 1st and 4th next year.

Right now I don't think that there's a non-Bills fan out there that wouldn't make the same decision. Go ahead, send an e-mail to your favorite talking head and ask him which he would prefer. I dare ya. lol

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Yeah, it's a real shame that I didn't say that, huh. Try as you may, you'll never be able to quote me.

I will stand by my statement that I'd rather have taken Benjamin, the next best available, with our original 9th and still had our 1st and 4th next year.

Right now I don't think that there's a non-Bills fan out there that wouldn't make the same decision. Go ahead, send an e-mail to your favorite talking head and ask him which he would prefer. I dare ya. lol
    Only if you e-mail your favorite talking head and ask him if he likes the Bills defense.

I dare ya

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

The run defense gave up 106 yards last week on 25 carries. 69 yards were to Vick. That is not on the run defense. It is on contain on the pass rushers.

Which was largely corrected at half time.
    LOL

Oh, I see, so those don't count.

I'll make a note for future reference. Who were the people ranting about our #1 ranked run D just two weeks ago? Yeah, that's right, you were in among them. So explain to us all how we're now ranked 8th?

The symbol for this place ought to be the Good Humor truck.

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Only if you e-mail your favorite talking head and ask him if he likes the Bills defense.

I dare ya
    I never put faith in talking heads and I don't have a favorite. I'm perfectly capable of thinking on my own.

Happy to make some friendly wagers with you if you like since you seem to think that you know so much more than I do about this team.

Just let me know. At seasons end one of us will admit to the other that he doesn't know as much as he thought he did. Send me a PM if you want to engage.

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

LOL

Oh, I see, so those don't count.

I'll make a note for future reference. Who were the people ranting about our #1 ranked run D just two weeks ago? Yeah, that's right, you were in among them. So explain to us all how we're now ranked 8th?

The symbol for this place ought to be the Good Humor truck.
    that is not what I said.

What I said is that it is not on the run defense.

You can disagree with what I say. Don't miscontrue it.

If you know as much as you claim to about football and are the world's most smartest poster, then you would realize that there is a difference between a running play and a quarterback scrambling. It is quite different for the defense and stopping the plays requires a much different skill set and scheme

And where was I ranting? If you can provide a link I would like it.

BTW, want to tell me which team (Bills or Jets) you picked to win the game?

And cut the insults unless you are now willing to take them back. If you notice I addressed what you said directly.

But by all means. tell us all that we are stupid. And you are smart. Again

One other thing - you avoided a question last time. How old are you?

Based on the know it all attitude and the lack of ability to read what people say or have a reasonable discussion, I guess mid-late 20s. Maybe, early 30s.

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

I never put faith in talking heads and I don't have a favorite. I'm perfectly capable of thinking on my own.

Happy to make some friendly wagers with you if you like since you seem to think that you know so much more than I do about this team.

Just let me know. At seasons end one of us will admit to the other that he doesn't know as much as he thought he did. Send me a PM if you want to engage.

I'm not the one calling people stupid in nearly every post.

That's you.

I read and learn here. And elsewhere.

Besides, the talking head thing was your idea.

I'm right, Miyagi is wrong. HAMMER's Avatar
    Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Can't someone just ban this guy, he ruins every thread on the board.

22. Post thanked by:

casdhf (10-29-2014),trapezeus (10-29-2014)

Thanks
    Thanked 3,698 Times in 2,473 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by OpIv37 View Post
    The price has already been paid- it can't drop or rise.

What drops is the difference between what we paid for him and his actual value.
    The Bills paid a first & fourth rnd pick in the next draft.

If those picks are in the top 10 it is a much higher price than if at the bottom of the draft.

And if the Bills make the playoffs, it will be a MUCH lower pick & price than if the Bills finished with 3-4 wins as some said they would.

Thanks
    Thanked 8,492 Times in 4,868 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Let me ask some of you, what was so offensive about what I posted? Seriously?

What was so offensive to you that you felt you had no choice but to start name-calling and putting me down, etc.?

I mean are you guys that out of control with your emotional wherewithal? Sure seems like it.
    The relatively meaningless world of Internet message boards does not revolve around you, Fletch...since you asked.

I've never been offended by anything you say. I'd have to place some sort of importance in what you say before that could ever happen.

"Start brawls." LOL.

Read and understand what I said if you want to know what I meant. This was implicit.

Don't think that you'll ever understand exactly why some people view you as a douchebag, at this rate. Like I say, you have no idea why. It's certainly not for the reasons you think. It's not because of "the facts."

Thanks
    Thanked 13,409 Times in 9,123 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by imbondz View Post
    I don't have the attention span to read that article and try to understand it. can someone explain what toxic differential is in 1-2 sentences?
    I have a poor attention span and I got through it. It's pretty easy to read. The more I read, the more interesting I found it.

26. Post thanked by:

Mace (10-29-2014)