Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: I can't stand looking at Marrone

Registered User CommissarSpartacus's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 20,943 Times in 13,294 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

I can't stand looking at Marrone

I know this may sound petty, judging a man on his appearances, but it's getting increasingly painful for me to look at the guy when they cut away to shots of him on the sideline, with his goofy little wool hat and his constant look of bewilderment.

the guy's body language is just awful, in no way does he seem like an inspirational presence, he has no charisma and he never gives me the feeling that he's better than the guy on the other sideline.

He just looks like a guy who's first thought when something bad happens is "Why does this stuff keep happening to me?"

Am I wrong? Am I being shallow? Should pros need inspiration from their coach?

Maybe not, but I think confidence that your coach has it under control isn't a bad thing.

I just don't see that with Marrone. He looks lime a shlub...
    My tebya razdavim

2. Post thanked by:

BertSquirtgum (11-09-2014),Historian (11-10-2014),jimmifli (11-14-2014),Mace (11-09-2014),Mr. Cynical (11-09-2014)

Retired - On Several Levels Night Train's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 14,240 Times in 7,618 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Re: I can't stand looking at Marrone

We should hire Fabio.

God, this board sucks.

4. Post thanked by:

BillsImpossible (11-10-2014),Don't Panic (11-09-2014),jamze132 (11-10-2014),tampabay25690 (11-10-2014)

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by Night Train View Post
    We should hire Fabio.

God, this board sucks.
    lmao
    http://www.billszone.com/fanzone/sho...s-haters/page3

Post #46

Quote Originally Posted by Yasgur's Farm View Post
    (Moderator) My name's Max Yasgur, and I approve of this post.
    Originally Posted by pmoon6
    The idea that you "won't settle" presumes that you have some kind of control. Delusional thinking at best for a supposed fan of a spectators' sport. Your way to deal with it is to constantly ***** and denigrate any move, any result concerning the team even if it's positive because you don't want your whittle feewings hurt again. It's a protection mechanism.

You shroud your childish approach in a vale of pompous, intellectual garbage in an attempt to look smart and "real". You over-analyze even minute points and manipulate statistics to fit your negative view of the team. Again, to feel good about yourself and to protect from getting hurt.

Of course, the criticisms are obviously from someone who has no understanding of the team concept or what it takes to excel at athletics.

The true "realist" understands that they have no control of what happens on the field or behind the closed doors at One Bills' Drive, so they do the prudent thing for a spectator. They enjoy the games on Sunday with family and friends, cheer for their team and realize that it's just entertainment.
    ------

"I was an integral part in the drafting process of EJ Manuel," Whaley said Thursday on NFL Network's Total Access. "I was the person that handled the draft process and setting up the board."

"We are committed. I want you to believe me when I say that," Whaley said of building around the second-year quarterback, per The Buffalo News. "I always tell you guys that I'll never say never because I don't want to paint myself in a corner, but when I do say something, I do it and I mean it and I try to fulfill it."

"We believe the addition of Sammy is going to be instant impact, not only to our quarterback, but to what our offensive coordinator can come up with game-plan wise and how defenses attack us," Whaley said.

Whaley on EJ Manuel: "We think we got a gem in this guy." (2:30)

"And as Mark says, if in three years maybe he's not [our quarterback of the future], then I'll be sitting there saying 'hey guys', .... anybody got a job for me?" - Doug Whaley

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

dick-jauron.jpg

personally, he looks no different than this guy, to me.

7. Post thanked by:

jimmifli (11-14-2014)

Thanks
    Thanked 2,428 Times in 1,119 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by Spartacus View Post
    I know this may sound petty, judging a man on his appearances, but it's getting increasingly painful for me to look at the guy when they cut away to shots of him on the sideline, with his goofy little wool hat and his constant look of bewilderment.

the guy's body language is just awful, in no way does he seem like an inspirational presence, he has no charisma and he never gives me the feeling that he's better than the guy on the other sideline.

He just looks like a guy who's first thought when something bad happens is "Why does this stuff keep happening to me?"

Maybe not, but I think confidence that your coach has it under control isn't a bad thing.

He should show some more fire like Bill Belichick.
    Last edited by Crisis; 11-09-2014 at 05:31 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by LOSman WINS
    Vanek is Austrian not European
    Quote Originally Posted by Prov401
    Pacquiao isn't asian. He's from the philippines
    Quote Originally Posted by better days
    I will not be surprised if Tebow has more success than Peyton in the NFL.

9. Post thanked by:

casdhf (11-10-2014)

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

I agree. I don't care about his "looks", but his body language is pure awful.
    Last edited by Mr. Cynical; 11-09-2014 at 05:33 PM.

SpikedLemonade

Russ Brandon thought Marrone looked great when he found him under that overturned stone in Syracuse.

Russ gave the fans what they wanted -- a hometown boy.

Thanks
    Thanked 12,433 Times in 7,296 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

He hired Hackett. He's supposed to be an OL guru and our OL sucks. That's why I don't like him

13. Post thanked by:

Meathead (11-13-2014),Uncle Jesse (11-10-2014)

Thanks
    Thanked 13,409 Times in 9,123 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by Night Train View Post
    We should hire JP Losman.

God, this board sucks.
    Fixed.

Thanks
    Thanked 13,409 Times in 9,123 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by SpikedLemonade View Post
    Russ Brandon thought Marrone looked great when he found him under that overturned stone in Syracuse.

Russ gave the fans what they wanted -- a hometown boy.
    Brandon saw himself hiring the Jim Boeheim of college football. LMAO.

Swing.

Miss by Brandon.

Thanks
    Thanked 8,915 Times in 5,307 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

I personally don't get the Marrone hate.

17. Post thanked by:

Fixxxer (11-09-2014),jamze132 (11-10-2014),Meathead (11-13-2014),tampabay25690 (11-10-2014)

Registered User kscdogbillsfan1221's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,910 Times in 2,088 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

were there some coaching errors today? of course. particularly the abandonment of the run game when it was effective in the 3rd quarter.

however, the fumbles, and the false start to name a few were errors in execution. also, orton looked as accurate as EJ at times today. even though he did not turn the ball over, I think this was probably his worst game as a Bill in my opinion
    I came.
    I saw.
    I conquered.

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Gave him a mask brown paper bag and tell him putting on .

Registered User IlluminatusUIUC's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 6,165 Times in 3,360 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Body language doesn't really tell the whole story, but it's really all we have as fans to evaluate a coach's demeanor. Jim Harbaugh looks like a spoiled ***** who's had daddy's credit card taken away when something goes wrong, but I'd want him coaching Buffalo in a heartbeat.

Billszone 2013 Prediction Contest winner!

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

I didn't have a problem with the game plan. That was good. There were some decisions that I shook my head at but bottom line was this one was on the players.

Haha...yeah you think so ? Mace's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 16,495 Times in 9,190 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

We're on the same page with this one, he always looks lost and queasy, doesn't project anything but "something is going wrong, I just know it." I hated Jauron passionately, he was emotionless, Gailey always looked in control and sage, Marrone always looks lost and sick to his stomach or cranky sorehead and he's getting pastier every week.

When we were still up 13-3, they showed him looking queasy on the sidelines, I was thinking just stand there stone faced with your arms folded like Reid who is losing 13-3 for the players trotting to the sidelines. And I thought this is not going well, though we were ahead 13-3.

23. Post thanked by:

BertSquirtgum (11-09-2014),GvilleBills (11-09-2014),jimmifli (11-14-2014)

Thanks
    Thanked 3,399 Times in 2,198 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

He certainly looks like a scared big dumb pile of **** sitting there on the tv screen.

25. Post thanked by:

Mace (11-09-2014)

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by Mace View Post
    We're on the same page with this one, he always looks lost and queasy, doesn't project anything but "something is going wrong, I just know it." I hated Jauron passionately, he was emotionless, Gailey always looked in control and sage, Marrone always looks lost and sick to his stomach or cranky sorehead and he's getting pastier every week.

When we were still up 13-3, they showed him looking queasy on the sidelines, I was thinking just stand there stone faced with your arms folded like Reid who is losing 13-3 for the players trotting to the sidelines. And I thought this is not going well, though we were ahead 13-3.

Out of curiosity, what was the score at the time?
    Diehard BillGator... best of both worlds

27. Post thanked by:

Mace (11-10-2014)

Thanks
    Thanked 12,433 Times in 7,296 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by GvilleBills View Post
    Out of curiosity, what was the score at the time?

I think it was 13-3

29. Post thanked by:

GvilleBills (11-10-2014),Mace (11-10-2014)

Democrats are people too imbondz's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,006 Times in 2,186 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

I look at Marrone like Gary Kubiak. Took him a few years to build up the Texans. They were going to fire Kubiak, the year before they finally won the division I believe. I think it takes longer than 2-3 years for a coach to turn things around. We all want what a Dick Vermeil / Rams situation, but that is a pipe dream. Bellicheat sucked until Brady got there. Now he's a genius.

Marrone needs 1 great QB, and we're set. and he needs to fire Hackett.
    My faith doesn’t make me perfect, it makes me forgiven.

31. Post thanked by:

coastal (11-10-2014),jimmifli (11-14-2014),Meathead (11-13-2014)