• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • RedEyE
    • Jul 2002

The perennial crumble continues....

I don't believe in this team.

Texans, Chiefs, Chargers, Pats = all AFC losses. 3 out of 4 happened at home
    Vikes, Lions, Bears = NFC wins are meaningless to a team like the Bills who's best shot getting into the playoffs is with a wildcard.

Looking at the schedule this team would have to win the next 5 straight games to even put them in contention with the wild card. When was the last time this team won 3 consecutive games?

Orton is too old and obviously not good enough to overcome mediocrity.
    The coaching staff is still inexperienced and spends more time coaching their way out of games then just putting them away.

Good teams win at home. Good teams execute to put the game out of reach when given the opportunity.

I predict a loss Thursday against the fish and at least 3 more against the Packers, Broncos, and the Patriots.

This team is 8-8 and quite possibly 7-9 at best, as I wouldn't at all be surprised with a loss against the Browns.

Season home record = 5 possibly 6 total losses at home. That's absolutely pathetic and does not indicate a new culture in my book.

The Marrone coaching era has been a routine of 3 steps forward 2 steps back.
    Last edited by RedEyE; 11-10-2014, 05:51 AM.
  • coastal
    Legendary Zoner
    • Mar 2005

Re: The perennial crumble continues....

At idea the level of suck the guy inherited 3 years ago?

Comment

• don137
      • Jul 2002

The only good thing that came out of yesterday is that it showed the Bills should not throw huge money at Orton. He is an upgrade over Manuel and serviceable but not worth big dollars. Rather have that than a repeat of the Fitzpatrick contract where you throw big money and then he craps the bed.

Comment

• Fletch
        • May 2007

Originally posted by RedEyE View Post
        I don't believe in this team.

Texans, Chiefs, Chargers, Pats = all AFC losses. 3 out of 4 happened at home
        Vikes, Lions, Bears = NFC wins are meaningless to a team like the Bills who's best shot getting into the playoffs is with a wildcard.

Looking at the schedule this team would have to win the next 5 straight games to even put them in contention with the wild card. When was the last time this team won 3 consecutive games?

Orton is too old and obviously not good enough to overcome mediocrity.
        The coaching staff is still inexperienced and spends more time coaching their way out of games then just putting them away.

Good teams win at home. Good teams execute to put the game out of reach when given the opportunity.

I predict a loss Thursday against the fish and at least 3 more against the Packers, Broncos, and the Patriots.

This team is 8-8 and quite possibly 7-9 at best, as I wouldn't at all be surprised with a loss against the Browns.

Season home record = 5 possibly 6 total losses at home. That's absolutely pathetic and does not indicate a new culture in my book.

The Marrone coaching era has been a routine of 3 steps forward 2 steps back.
        That's been the reality all along. Losing to the Packers, Broncos, and Pats is hardly shameful. The Browns are a better team than we are too right now, I give Pettine credit, he has them playing well. Gordon gets back for our game against them too.

At the end of the day the reason for our wins has been TOs committed by our opponents and our ability to capitalize on them for scores, often on ridiculously short fields. We haven't moved the ball well or consistently and Orton struggles in the red zone, as in bottom dwelling struggling. Our running game isn't what many people thought prior to the season, Jackson's old and done, Spiller's Spiller, a role-player who's contributions are overrated, and Brown and Dixon don't appear to be anything more than low-end starting type RBs on a good day.

Our WRs also haven't stepped up and while many here thought that we had the best WRs in the league, that's clearly far from the case.

Our secondary isn't great and our entire D is going to get exposed against the better passing teams that we play coming up.

So, having said that, and in agreeing with you, what now? Where to?

Seems to me that we've all seen this movie before about 15 times. I say get an entirely new FO starting with Whaley on down, who would then replace the coaching staff.

We go into this draft without a 1st-round pick thereby hamstringing any new GM or coach. If we don't get a new GM or coach, or at least if we don't lobby for them, then maybe we have no right to complain again next season.

Either support the current FO and settle for the results, or demand improvement starting with a GM that knows what he's doing. I understand that many here, apparently most, think that trading away two of our top 4 picks in next year's draft was a smart thing to do, so that's going to impact their opinion of Whaley. But again, by not lobbying for a new GM, there isn't much room for complaining when the next round of poor judgement calls by the FO are made. Is there.
        Last edited by Fletch; 11-10-2014, 06:50 AM.
        http://www.billszone.com/fanzone/sho...s-haters/page3

Post #46

Originally posted by Yasgur's Farm
        (Moderator) My name's Max Yasgur, and I approve of this post.
        Originally Posted by pmoon6
        The idea that you "won't settle" presumes that you have some kind of control. Delusional thinking at best for a supposed fan of a spectators' sport. Your way to deal with it is to constantly ***** and denigrate any move, any result concerning the team even if it's positive because you don't want your whittle feewings hurt again. It's a protection mechanism.

You shroud your childish approach in a vale of pompous, intellectual garbage in an attempt to look smart and "real". You over-analyze even minute points and manipulate statistics to fit your negative view of the team. Again, to feel good about yourself and to protect from getting hurt.

Of course, the criticisms are obviously from someone who has no understanding of the team concept or what it takes to excel at athletics.

The true "realist" understands that they have no control of what happens on the field or behind the closed doors at One Bills' Drive, so they do the prudent thing for a spectator. They enjoy the games on Sunday with family and friends, cheer for their team and realize that it's just entertainment.
        ------

"I was an integral part in the drafting process of EJ Manuel," Whaley said Thursday on NFL Network's Total Access. "I was the person that handled the draft process and setting up the board."

"We are committed. I want you to believe me when I say that," Whaley said of building around the second-year quarterback, per The Buffalo News. "I always tell you guys that I'll never say never because I don't want to paint myself in a corner, but when I do say something, I do it and I mean it and I try to fulfill it."

"We believe the addition of Sammy is going to be instant impact, not only to our quarterback, but to what our offensive coordinator can come up with game-plan wise and how defenses attack us," Whaley said.

Whaley on EJ Manuel: "We think we got a gem in this guy." (2:30)

"And as Mark says, if in three years maybe he's not [our quarterback of the future], then I'll be sitting there saying 'hey guys', .... anybody got a job for me?" - Doug Whaley

Comment

• Dr. Who
          • Jul 2002

Marrone may be in trouble if the record is bad down the stretch.
          Whaley's not going anywhere, imo.

Comment

• Luisito23
            Men Have Superbowl Gold, Legends Have Platinum Hearts!!!
            • Apr 2003

Hate to say it, but I don't even care if we lose, or win anymore.

Too many years, too many letdowns and too much the same crap.
            "Expect rejection, but expect more to overcome it."
            ***Marv Levy.***

"Coach Levy is one of the most inspirational people that I have ever known."
            ***Thurman Thomas.***

"You're not going to find a more classier, down-to-Earth person away from the field than Marv Levy. He's a guy who's pretty much made me what I am today as far as a professional player and a person."
            ***Jim Kelly***

Marv Levy's Website

Comment

• trapezeus
              Legendary Zoner
              • Oct 2004

i don't have numbers to back this up. but my gut feeling is that gailey had a more disciplined team. While the talent has slowly increased over the 2 years (specifically defensive side of the ball), the team takes a lot of penalities.

i also don't like that maronne seems to be bullied into following the other coach. on our 4th and 1, you just knew he was doing it because reid did it and had success. but he didn't have the stones to just run the play and live with the consequence. so he trotted out there the call them to jump play.

and of course, play calling is not much of an art. after kind of suckering buffalo into over pursuit and getting stuffed, reid nailed us by remaining aggressive. he almost roped us into that. our calls never rope anyone into any. if we've faltered with a play 200 times, they'll call the exact same play for the 201st time.

Comment

• RedEyE
                • Jul 2002

15 years of **** ball. Embarrassing. I'm done. Tapping out for the season. I have better things to do with my time. Tired of the suck.

Wish the fans and the Pegulas the best.

Comment

• JoeMama
                  Emotion Sickness
                  • Oct 2002

By the end of the third, I retreated to my bedroom and started singing this song to my dog.

But she's crazy. She hates it.

Disclaimer: The sentiment expressed in this post is strictly for entertainment purposes only.

Comment

• BertSquirtgum
                    • May 2009

Originally posted by coastal View Post
                    At idea the level of suck the guy inherited 3 years ago?
                    Marrone is garbage

Comment

• TacklingDummy
                      Unreachable Douche
                      • Jul 2002

Originally posted by Luisito23 View Post
                      Hate to say it, but I don't even care if we lose, or win anymore.

Too many years, too many letdowns and too much the same crap.
                      Im not sure its not caring if we win or lose.

For me it maybe I just don't care as much for football.

Comment

• better days
                        • Jan 2010

Originally posted by don137 View Post
                        The only good thing that came out of yesterday is that it showed the Bills should not throw huge money at Orton. He is an upgrade over Manuel and serviceable but not worth big dollars. Rather have that than a repeat of the Fitzpatrick contract where you throw big money and then he craps the bed.
                        One TD in two games says Orton is NOT an upgrade over Manuel.

Orton was no more accurate than EJ the last two games, probably more inaccurate than EJ.

Comment

• HHURRICANE
                          • Mar 2005

"It's our time" to "billieve" in the fact they have been telling us this is a playoff team!

We are going to win five straight and get in!!!

I'm just ****ing with you....we suck.

Comment

• BOBM253
                            elite QB
                            • Aug 2010

These last 2 games were so typical Bills affairs. Uncanny, you expect a good game and they come out and lay an egg. I don't know what went wrong or who to blame.

Comment

• imbondz
                              Democrats are people too
                              • Jan 2003

Originally posted by RedEyE View Post
                              15 years of **** ball. Embarrassing. I'm done. Tapping out for the season. I have better things to do with my time. Tired of the suck.

Wish the fans and the Pegulas the best.
                              tapping out…lol!

me too. my sundays just got free
                              My faith doesn’t make me perfect, it makes me forgiven.

Comment

Working...
                              X