Whaley on WGR talking E.J........are you listening?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • wolfpack
    • Aug 2008

Whaley on WGR talking E.J........are you listening?

Western New York’s number one source for daily sports talk and play-by-play as the flagship station of the Bills and Sabres. Stream, read and download WGR 550 AM from any device on Audacy
  • wolfpack
    • Aug 2008

Re: Whaley on WGR talking E.J........are you listening?

On Demand Link:

Comment

• Bill Cody
      • Sep 2004

give me the Reader's Digest please

Comment

• wolfpack
        • Aug 2008

Originally posted by Bill Cody View Post
        Go to the On Demand Link and hover over the status bar as it plays, it will give you Captions. You can even search for keywords in the audio, perfect if you can't listen to ALL 12 minutes.

Comment

• Albany,n.y.
          • Jul 2002

Originally posted by Bill Cody View Post
          EJ was a Buffalo Bills decision, everyone, himself included was on board with the selection. EJ wasn't supposed to come right in & play, Kolb was supposed to mentor him last year.

Comment

• Bill Cody
            • Sep 2004

Originally posted by wolfpack View Post
            Go to the On Demand Link and hover over the status bar as it plays, it will give you Captions. You can even search for keywords in the audio, perfect if you can't listen to ALL 12 minutes.
            no

- - - Updated - - -

Originally posted by Albany,n.y. View Post
            EJ was a Buffalo Bills decision, everyone, himself included was on board with the selection. EJ wasn't supposed to come right in & play, Kolb was supposed to mentor him last year.
            thank you

Comment

• Fletch
              • May 2007

Originally posted by Albany,n.y. View Post
              Well, that cookie crumbled, so instead of just Whaley even more reason to clean house then.

Could just be Whaley shoving the buck downline. Either way, at the end of the day he's the one that must check off on the decision and he's taken responsibility, again, see video in my sig. Sounds like he's trying to render some scapegoats. I'd have far more respect for him if he took the same position that he does in the video.

Did anyone question him on why he hinged the entirety of our team's future, not to mention his, on Kolb of all QBs as a mentor and teacher? What about the QB coach, the OC and HC? WTF are Kolb's credentials for that?

I mean really now. That would make a helluva lot more sense if it were Jim Kelly or even Frank Reich, much less Brady or someone else, but Kolb? And we're supposed to buy this ****?

These guys, from Whaley on down, are only showing how much in over their heads they are with these sorry excuses.
              Last edited by Fletch; 11-18-2014, 09:12 AM.
              http://www.billszone.com/fanzone/sho...s-haters/page3

Post #46

Originally posted by Yasgur's Farm
              (Moderator) My name's Max Yasgur, and I approve of this post.
              Originally Posted by pmoon6
              The idea that you "won't settle" presumes that you have some kind of control. Delusional thinking at best for a supposed fan of a spectators' sport. Your way to deal with it is to constantly ***** and denigrate any move, any result concerning the team even if it's positive because you don't want your whittle feewings hurt again. It's a protection mechanism.

You shroud your childish approach in a vale of pompous, intellectual garbage in an attempt to look smart and "real". You over-analyze even minute points and manipulate statistics to fit your negative view of the team. Again, to feel good about yourself and to protect from getting hurt.

Of course, the criticisms are obviously from someone who has no understanding of the team concept or what it takes to excel at athletics.

The true "realist" understands that they have no control of what happens on the field or behind the closed doors at One Bills' Drive, so they do the prudent thing for a spectator. They enjoy the games on Sunday with family and friends, cheer for their team and realize that it's just entertainment.
              ------

"I was an integral part in the drafting process of EJ Manuel," Whaley said Thursday on NFL Network's Total Access. "I was the person that handled the draft process and setting up the board."

"We are committed. I want you to believe me when I say that," Whaley said of building around the second-year quarterback, per The Buffalo News. "I always tell you guys that I'll never say never because I don't want to paint myself in a corner, but when I do say something, I do it and I mean it and I try to fulfill it."

"We believe the addition of Sammy is going to be instant impact, not only to our quarterback, but to what our offensive coordinator can come up with game-plan wise and how defenses attack us," Whaley said.

Whaley on EJ Manuel: "We think we got a gem in this guy." (2:30)

"And as Mark says, if in three years maybe he's not [our quarterback of the future], then I'll be sitting there saying 'hey guys', .... anybody got a job for me?" - Doug Whaley

Comment

• k-oneputt
                • Jun 2009

These last six games should decide their future.

If it was me calling the shot, they would have to go 4-2 minimum.

With Pegula I really don't have a good read on him yet so who knows what he is thinking and will do, or not do.

Comment

• trapezeus
                  Legendary Zoner
                  • Oct 2004

Originally posted by Fletch View Post
                  Well, that cookie crumbled, so instead of just Whaley even more reason to clean house then.

Could just be Whaley shoving the buck downline. Either way, at the end of the day he's the one that must check off on the decision and he's taken responsibility, again, see video in my sig. Sounds like he's trying to render some scapegoats. I'd have far more respect for him if he took the same position that he does in the video.

Did anyone question him on why he hinged the entirety of our team's future, not to mention his, on Kolb of all QBs as a mentor and teacher? What about the QB coach, the OC and HC? WTF are Kolb's credentials for that?

I mean really now. That would make a helluva lot more sense if it were Jim Kelly or even Frank Reich, much less Brady or someone else, but Kolb? And we're supposed to buy this ****?

These guys, from Whaley on down, are only showing how much in over their heads they are with these sorry excuses.
                  Genius move by Whaley. "if i'm going down for this, i'm publically taking everyone with me. we all were in on it."

Comment

• trapezeus
                    Legendary Zoner
                    • Oct 2004

Originally posted by k-oneputt View Post

With Pegula I really don't have a good read on him yet so who knows what he is thinking and will do, or not do.
                    i just don't know what to make of this team this year, and especially next. Starting over will essentially give up on the defensive players. but the team's coaching isn't going to make the offense any better this year. and if they get an outlier moment and go 4-2 or 6-0, i don't trust them to repeat that performance ot support the d the following year.

i think marrone's ceiling is to make the playoffs. why stick around for just that? if the pegulas and their advisers think they can build a better longn term answer, then it's worth starting over. frankly, a new head coach could take the current talent and actually utilize it properly.

Comment

• better days
                      • Jan 2010

Originally posted by Fletch View Post

NOBODY can say EJ is a bust yet when he has not even played enough games to make up a single season.

Orton has been mentoring him & the reports are EJ is IMPROVING.

Comment

• Fletch
                        • May 2007

Originally posted by k-oneputt View Post

I agree. They'll be lucky to go 2-4 though. If it were me calling the shots the second we hit our 8th loss or are mathematically eliminated from playoff contention, whichever came first, I'd give Whaley his walking papers.

Agree on Pegula. Some have insisted to me that there's no chance on earth that he cans anyone after the season, which to me would be an enormous mistake and squandered opportunity to clean house. As I expressed to that person this seems like a mini homers v. realists thing and on this I'm falling on the side of the "homers" by hoping that he does clean house.

One or two posters pointed out that Pegula has created some consulting group/team or whatever to advise him, but I have no idea who that is worth their credentials wouldn't advise him to ditch Whaley which would in turn result in a new coaching staff, and quite possibly ditch most if not all of the personnel dept. too.

Anyone can see that Whaley's **** the bed a couple of times now. Left in, who knows what further future damage he'll do in the interests of saving his own ass. Think about what he'd have to trade to get a 1st for this season. It would all but wipe us out for two offseasons.

Originally posted by trapezeus View Post
                        Genius move by Whaley. "if i'm going down for this, i'm publically taking everyone with me. we all were in on it."
                        I'm not saying it isn't smart, but it is dishonest and doesn't say much for someone that would say what he said in the linked video at the time, and setting himself up over everyone else to look like the brains behind the move, while then trying to dish off the same here and now.

I mean is that someone that deserves respect, our respect? Sounds more like the typical politician.

As to being smart he should also start thinking about his post-Bills future, I'm not sure that throwing everyone under the bus when you're on record in numerous places claiming credit for the failure of Manuel, is a smart thing to do. It comes across as if he wants the credit for things that work out but none of the responsibility if they don't. Who wants to hire someone like that.
                        http://www.billszone.com/fanzone/sho...s-haters/page3

Post #46

Originally posted by Yasgur's Farm
                        (Moderator) My name's Max Yasgur, and I approve of this post.
                        Originally Posted by pmoon6
                        The idea that you "won't settle" presumes that you have some kind of control. Delusional thinking at best for a supposed fan of a spectators' sport. Your way to deal with it is to constantly ***** and denigrate any move, any result concerning the team even if it's positive because you don't want your whittle feewings hurt again. It's a protection mechanism.

You shroud your childish approach in a vale of pompous, intellectual garbage in an attempt to look smart and "real". You over-analyze even minute points and manipulate statistics to fit your negative view of the team. Again, to feel good about yourself and to protect from getting hurt.

Of course, the criticisms are obviously from someone who has no understanding of the team concept or what it takes to excel at athletics.

The true "realist" understands that they have no control of what happens on the field or behind the closed doors at One Bills' Drive, so they do the prudent thing for a spectator. They enjoy the games on Sunday with family and friends, cheer for their team and realize that it's just entertainment.
                        ------

"I was an integral part in the drafting process of EJ Manuel," Whaley said Thursday on NFL Network's Total Access. "I was the person that handled the draft process and setting up the board."

"We are committed. I want you to believe me when I say that," Whaley said of building around the second-year quarterback, per The Buffalo News. "I always tell you guys that I'll never say never because I don't want to paint myself in a corner, but when I do say something, I do it and I mean it and I try to fulfill it."

"We believe the addition of Sammy is going to be instant impact, not only to our quarterback, but to what our offensive coordinator can come up with game-plan wise and how defenses attack us," Whaley said.

Whaley on EJ Manuel: "We think we got a gem in this guy." (2:30)

"And as Mark says, if in three years maybe he's not [our quarterback of the future], then I'll be sitting there saying 'hey guys', .... anybody got a job for me?" - Doug Whaley

Comment

• OpIv37
                          Acid Douching Asswipe
                          • Sep 2002

Originally posted by better days View Post
                          NOBODY can say EJ is a bust yet when he has not even played enough games to make up a single season.

Orton has been mentoring him & the reports are EJ is IMPROVING.
                          One thing people like you are so quick to forget: EJ showed literally ZERO improvement. There was not one thing he did better in his last game before getting benched than in his first start as a rookie.

And we've heard reports of guys improving in practice too... Easley, TJ Graham, McCargo....
                          MiKiDo Facebook
                          MiKiDo Website

Comment

• k-oneputt
                            • Jun 2009

I'm also not big on drafting these little/speed wr's.
                            Another move they like doing every couple of years. {Goodwin/Graham}
                            These type guys are always injured
                            At least I THINK they are over the stupid move of wasting picks on kickers.

Comment

• trapezeus
                              Legendary Zoner
                              • Oct 2004

OP, imagine the team we'd have if we drafted the concensus pick instead of TJ graham or McCargo. Rusell Wilson and Nick Mangold.

Literally the next 4 players after mccargo went to the probowl at least once.

And that's all you need to know on why everyone should be given the pick slip.

Comment

Working...
                              X