Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: TMQ takes BUF's coaching to task.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,793 Times in 1,206 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Re: TMQ takes BUF's coaching to task.

It's not hard to say Marroon needs to be shown the road...but the source of the hires is difficult to pin point. Wilson drove the organizational philosophy more than anyone else.

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by better days View Post
    Speaking of wagers, I had a bet with someone that Dareus would not be suspended this year.

I cant remember who, but you know who you are welcher.
    Not me my friend. I have no such recollection, isn't the kind of thing that I spend more than a passing thought on.

But rather than call me a welcher, just point out where I posted that. I think you're remembering incorrectly. I'd be happy to admit that I was off if I said that, but who cares. It's not even an issue that has much relevance

As to friendly wagers, their akin to predictions, and yours are about as far off as anyone's here since the beginning of the season. So if we're talking accuracy, despite your ever-evolving opinions that all supercede the ones from events actually having unfolded, I really think that the last one standing on a soap box crowing about this season should be you.

Just sayin'.
    Last edited by Fletch; 11-19-2014 at 09:54 AM.
    http://www.billszone.com/fanzone/sho...s-haters/page3

Post #46

Quote Originally Posted by Yasgur's Farm View Post
    (Moderator) My name's Max Yasgur, and I approve of this post.
    Originally Posted by pmoon6
    The idea that you "won't settle" presumes that you have some kind of control. Delusional thinking at best for a supposed fan of a spectators' sport. Your way to deal with it is to constantly ***** and denigrate any move, any result concerning the team even if it's positive because you don't want your whittle feewings hurt again. It's a protection mechanism.

You shroud your childish approach in a vale of pompous, intellectual garbage in an attempt to look smart and "real". You over-analyze even minute points and manipulate statistics to fit your negative view of the team. Again, to feel good about yourself and to protect from getting hurt.

Of course, the criticisms are obviously from someone who has no understanding of the team concept or what it takes to excel at athletics.

The true "realist" understands that they have no control of what happens on the field or behind the closed doors at One Bills' Drive, so they do the prudent thing for a spectator. They enjoy the games on Sunday with family and friends, cheer for their team and realize that it's just entertainment.
    ------

"I was an integral part in the drafting process of EJ Manuel," Whaley said Thursday on NFL Network's Total Access. "I was the person that handled the draft process and setting up the board."

"We are committed. I want you to believe me when I say that," Whaley said of building around the second-year quarterback, per The Buffalo News. "I always tell you guys that I'll never say never because I don't want to paint myself in a corner, but when I do say something, I do it and I mean it and I try to fulfill it."

"We believe the addition of Sammy is going to be instant impact, not only to our quarterback, but to what our offensive coordinator can come up with game-plan wise and how defenses attack us," Whaley said.

Whaley on EJ Manuel: "We think we got a gem in this guy." (2:30)

"And as Mark says, if in three years maybe he's not [our quarterback of the future], then I'll be sitting there saying 'hey guys', .... anybody got a job for me?" - Doug Whaley

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by Typ0 View Post
    It's not hard to say Marroon needs to be shown the road...but the source of the hires is difficult to pin point. Wilson drove the organizational philosophy more than anyone else.
    Therein you suggest what part of the problem is and why the entire personnel side of the org, and a little more, needs to be shown the door. I'm not sure that it's going to be possible to separate out the "who did what" and who didn't, so the only logical solution is not to risk the cancerous elements from creeping into the new era by eradicating the entire organism. Anything less will ultimately fall short.

Thanks
    Thanked 3,698 Times in 2,473 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by Fletch View Post
    Not me my friend. I have no such recollection, isn't the kind of thing that I spend more than a passing thought on.

But rather than call me a welcher, just point out where I posted that. I think you're remembering incorrectly. I'd be happy to admit that I was off if I said that, but who cares. It's not even an issue that has much relevance

As to friendly wagers, their akin to predictions, and yours are about as far off as anyone's here since the beginning of the season. So if we're talking accuracy, despite your ever-evolving opinions that all supercede the ones from events actually having unfolded, I really think that the last one standing on a soap box crowing about this season should be you.

Just sayin'.
    No, I know the bet I made was not with you. I'm not calling you a welcher.

As far as my predictions, I said before the season started that if Marrone does not win at least 8 games that I wanted Marrone fired.

I still feel that way. And at 5 wins now, the Bills have already won more games than you & some others predicted they would.

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by better days View Post
    No, I know the bet I made was not with you. I'm not calling you a welcher.

As far as my predictions, I said before the season started that if Marrone does not win at least 8 games that I wanted Marrone fired.

I still feel that way. And at 5 wins now, the Bills have already won more games than you & some others predicted they would.
    Not really. Again, let's be honest here. How many times do I have to say it to you. I had us going 5-11 +/- a game with Manuel. Once Orton took over I added 2 games plus/minus a game to that. I seriously believe that had Manuel been kept in there we would in fact be 3-7 right now, maybe 4-6 tops. I don't think that we would have beaten Minnesota or Detroit with Manuel in there. Manuel's twice as prone to INTs.

Either way, so what, a few relatively lucky wins with no more evidence that we're capable of beating top-half teams than last season. Those bounces, Chicago's TOs, Detroit's MFG, and that last-second play in the Minny game, could all very easily have gone against us. I think fans are making far too much over three thin wins against three really pretty bad teams, at least at the time we played them in Detroit's case. Manuel wouldn't have done what Orton did on that last drive vs. Minny. It was our passing game in the wins against Minny and Detroit wins that won those games for us. You really think that Manuel would have won those? Keep dreaming if so.

So really I could argue that my 5-11 under Manuel would have been generous and probably have erred on the minus-one side of that.

Who cares though, this team isn't capable of beating above average teams unless they come in all beat up ala the 2004 Steelers in week 17. If that's not true then we should win a game or two against NE, GB, Denver or maybe even Cleveland. So far we've sucked against NE, SD, and Miami recently after they've pulled their heads outta their asses.

I'm not seeing the suggested improvement from last season to this that some insist has occurred.

Thanks
    Thanked 13,409 Times in 9,123 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by Oaf View Post
    KC is the most overrated team… We should of had them, twice.

Correction: The BILLS should have had Andy Reid and Alex Smith.

Fire Russ Brandon NOW.

Haha...yeah you think so ? Mace's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 16,495 Times in 9,190 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by justasportsfan View Post
    I would not say Gailey had a play not to lose offensive system/philosophy. So far, he's the only one who knew what to do with Spiller. Gailey's mistake was Fitz.
    Gailey had a play not to lose philosophy dependent on a defense he couldn't find an adequate defensive coordinator to run. Another mistake, Nix's mistake, which Gailey went along with was Fitz, which may have worked out better with a defensive coordinator worth a junk.

Knowing how to use a marquee running back is just not a real selling point to measure capability in the modern game with coaches using UFA's and plug in replacement backs to tear people up.

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by Swiper View Post
    Correction: The BILLS should have had Andy Reid and Alex Smith.

Fire Russ Brandon NOW.
    They definitely could have had Smith. They had two shots at Russell Wilson too and took Cordy Glenn and then TJ Graham instead.

Do you read what you write? Oaf's Avatar
    Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

KC is the most overrated team… We should of had them, twice.
    I stand by my statement.

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

I stand by my statement.
    KC is very conservative, and it works for them typically. Not sure how that will play out in the playoffs.

Don't look at yesterdays game as any indicator since it was a divisional game, all bets are off on those. We can just as easily get pounded by the Jets this week.

Lecter's Little Bitch
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,702 Times in 1,367 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by Night Train View Post
    Easterbrook grew up in Buffalo and is a Bills fan. He understands the frustration.
    And he's right on anyway, homer or not.

I say this game after game, year after year: We haven't made the playoffs in 15 years. What do we really have to lose? GO FOR IT!!

12. Post thanked by:

better days (11-21-2014)