All that snow: What's it mean for Sunday?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Dr. Lecter
    Zero for Zero!
    • Mar 2003

Re: All that snow: What's it mean for Sunday?

They won't cancel it.

1. Too much money involved
    2. The Bills are not eliminated from the playoffs, in theory
    3. No game could impact tiebreakers for other teams
    4. Too much money involved.
    5. Things like player bonus money will be skewed.
    6. Too much money involved.
    Originally posted by mysticsoto
    Lecter is right in everything he said.

Comment

• Fletch
      • May 2007

Originally posted by Dr. Lecter View Post
      They won't cancel it.

1. Too much money involved
      2. The Bills are not eliminated from the playoffs, in theory
      3. No game could impact tiebreakers for other teams
      4. Too much money involved.
      5. Things like player bonus money will be skewed.
      6. Too much money involved.
      You think they're capable of clearing the place out by Monday or Tuesday?
      http://www.billszone.com/fanzone/sho...s-haters/page3

Post #46

Originally posted by Yasgur's Farm
      (Moderator) My name's Max Yasgur, and I approve of this post.
      Originally Posted by pmoon6
      The idea that you "won't settle" presumes that you have some kind of control. Delusional thinking at best for a supposed fan of a spectators' sport. Your way to deal with it is to constantly ***** and denigrate any move, any result concerning the team even if it's positive because you don't want your whittle feewings hurt again. It's a protection mechanism.

You shroud your childish approach in a vale of pompous, intellectual garbage in an attempt to look smart and "real". You over-analyze even minute points and manipulate statistics to fit your negative view of the team. Again, to feel good about yourself and to protect from getting hurt.

Of course, the criticisms are obviously from someone who has no understanding of the team concept or what it takes to excel at athletics.

The true "realist" understands that they have no control of what happens on the field or behind the closed doors at One Bills' Drive, so they do the prudent thing for a spectator. They enjoy the games on Sunday with family and friends, cheer for their team and realize that it's just entertainment.
      ------

"I was an integral part in the drafting process of EJ Manuel," Whaley said Thursday on NFL Network's Total Access. "I was the person that handled the draft process and setting up the board."

"We are committed. I want you to believe me when I say that," Whaley said of building around the second-year quarterback, per The Buffalo News. "I always tell you guys that I'll never say never because I don't want to paint myself in a corner, but when I do say something, I do it and I mean it and I try to fulfill it."

"We believe the addition of Sammy is going to be instant impact, not only to our quarterback, but to what our offensive coordinator can come up with game-plan wise and how defenses attack us," Whaley said.

Whaley on EJ Manuel: "We think we got a gem in this guy." (2:30)

"And as Mark says, if in three years maybe he's not [our quarterback of the future], then I'll be sitting there saying 'hey guys', .... anybody got a job for me?" - Doug Whaley

Comment

• k-oneputt
        • Jun 2009

Pushed back to Sunday night or Monday.

It sure is hell not going to be completely cancealed.

Comment

• Dr. Lecter
          Zero for Zero!
          • Mar 2003

Originally posted by Fletch View Post

I don't know.

But I do know they won't cancel it. They'll move it before they cancel it

Comment

• k-oneputt
            • Jun 2009

Supposed to be 50 degrees Sunday and Monday.
            It will melt enough on it's own.

Comment

• Fletch
              • May 2007

So you see them getting people there and getting the place shoveled out after today's snow earlier enough to get everything set for a MNF game?

IDK, I'm thinking it ain't gonna happen this time, especially with another 3' coming today. I'm thinking that if they want to reschedule the game it's going to have to be after this week. Not sure when that would be since both teams have had their byes.

When are they going to do this? It won't be today, after 3' more it won't be tomorrow or likely even Saturday. 3 more feet is going to paralyze an already paralyzed region for at least the next 2-3 days.

Just not seeing it. I think they'll be lucky to get it done to be able to play the game on Tuesday night.
              Last edited by Fletch; 11-20-2014, 07:04 AM.

Post #46

The idea that you "won't settle" presumes that you have some kind of control. Delusional thinking at best for a supposed fan of a spectators' sport. Your way to deal with it is to constantly ***** and denigrate any move, any result concerning the team even if it's positive because you don't want your whittle feewings hurt again. It's a protection mechanism.

You shroud your childish approach in a vale of pompous, intellectual garbage in an attempt to look smart and "real". You over-analyze even minute points and manipulate statistics to fit your negative view of the team. Again, to feel good about yourself and to protect from getting hurt.

Of course, the criticisms are obviously from someone who has no understanding of the team concept or what it takes to excel at athletics.

The true "realist" understands that they have no control of what happens on the field or behind the closed doors at One Bills' Drive, so they do the prudent thing for a spectator. They enjoy the games on Sunday with family and friends, cheer for their team and realize that it's just entertainment.
              ------

"I was an integral part in the drafting process of EJ Manuel," Whaley said Thursday on NFL Network's Total Access. "I was the person that handled the draft process and setting up the board."

"We are committed. I want you to believe me when I say that," Whaley said of building around the second-year quarterback, per The Buffalo News. "I always tell you guys that I'll never say never because I don't want to paint myself in a corner, but when I do say something, I do it and I mean it and I try to fulfill it."

"We believe the addition of Sammy is going to be instant impact, not only to our quarterback, but to what our offensive coordinator can come up with game-plan wise and how defenses attack us," Whaley said.

"And as Mark says, if in three years maybe he's not [our quarterback of the future], then I'll be sitting there saying 'hey guys', .... anybody got a job for me?" - Doug Whaley

Comment

• Dr. Lecter
                Zero for Zero!
                • Mar 2003

They aren't getting another 3 feet today. They will get some, but not another 3 feet. They did get another 12-18 inches last night though

Comment

• Fletch
                  • May 2007

Well, alright, that's another foot and a half.

I'm just reading off of weather.com, here's what it says:

* ACCUMULATIONS... 3 TO 6 INCHES THROUGH 6 AM... MORE THAN 2 FEET TODAY... AND 5 TO 10 INCHES TONIGHT.

That's saying more on the way and it doesn't seem as if 18" more is out of consideration.

- - - Updated - - -

Either way, I don't think that the game is going off this weekend or even M or T.

Post #46

------

Comment

• better days
                    • Jan 2010

Originally posted by Fletch View Post
                    It is supposed to be above freezing Saturday.

That should help. Temp about 50 degrees Sunday.

The Snow should be gone by Monday with a little effort.

Comment

• JohnnyGold
                      • Dec 2008

Originally posted by better days View Post
                      It is supposed to be above freezing Saturday.

That should help. Temp about 50 degrees Sunday.

The Snow should be gone by Monday with a little effort.

lol.

WHAT??

That is NOT how it works man.

Temps might spike at, 55... but that will be at high noon and the hours on either side of it. However, for the 24 hour period, the average temp will probably be closer to the low 40s, high 30s.

Now, when snow gets plowed and shoveled, it gets put into massive piles. Those piles will have a core temp of below freezing. The difference between that core temp and the average daily temp is not enough to create significant melt: rain or not.

YES, the roads and thru ways will bennefit tremendously, and will be passable. But the parking lot and stadium will have too many piles and too many "nooks and crannies" to reasonably melt away by Sunday. It is a matter of moving mountains of snow, something that will take days (and nights).

I've been wrong before, so I suppose I wouldn't be surprised if they play Sunday, but it just seems like it would be easier for everyone involved to move the game to monday night. that gives you all day sunday, all night sunday, and all day monday.

Comment

• better days
                        • Jan 2010

Originally posted by JohnnyGold View Post
                        lol.

WHAT??

Temps might spike at, 55... but that will be at high noon and the hours on either side of it. However, for the 24 hour period, the average temp will probably be closer to the low 40s, high 30s.

Now, when snow gets plowed and shoveled, it gets put into massive piles. Those piles will have a core temp of below freezing. The difference between that core temp and the average daily temp is not enough to create significant melt: rain or not.

YES, the roads and thru ways will bennefit tremendously, and will be passable. But the parking lot and stadium will have too many piles and too many "nooks and crannies" to reasonably melt away by Sunday. It is a matter of moving mountains of snow, something that will take days (and nights).

I've been wrong before, so I suppose I wouldn't be surprised if they play Sunday, but it just seems like it would be easier for everyone involved to move the game to monday night. that gives you all day sunday, all night sunday, and all day monday.
                        The snow will not be piled at the Stadium, it will be put in dump trucks & hauled away.

I said it would take a little effort, in other words shovel snow from the seats & aisles, plow snow in the lots.

I also said the snow should be gone by MONDAY.

Comment

• Forward_Lateral
                          • Mar 2004

Originally posted by JohnnyGold View Post
                          lol.

WHAT??

Let's also not forget that the Bills haven't been able to practice. Moving the game to Monday or even Tuesday night would at least give them an extra day or two of trying to get some kind of practice in.

Comment

• Dr. Lecter
                            Zero for Zero!
                            • Mar 2003

Common sense is lacking in this thread...

1. Canceling the game won't happen. They have played through hurricanes, by either delaying the game or moving it. Worst case it gets moved to Toronto, Syracuse, UB, etc.
                            2. The two days of highs in the 50s and rain will help a little, but will mainly make the snow heavier and harder to move around.
                            3. They still can't even get to the stadium, let alone start to clean it up. I don't see it being possible to have the game there on Sunday and Monday would be a miracle.
                            4. Parking will be a nightmare at the game. Stadium lots will be a mess and only partial capacity. Private lots will be scarce, as parking on front lawns ain't happening. Maybe a few of the bigger lots will be open (i.e. mud lot, hammers, etc) but those will be limited as well.

Comment

• Dr. Lecter
                              Zero for Zero!
                              • Mar 2003

Originally posted by better days View Post
                              The snow will not be piled at the Stadium, it will be put in dump trucks & hauled away.

I said it would take a little effort, in other words shovel snow from the seats & aisles, plow snow in the lots.

I also said the snow should be gone by MONDAY.
                              7 feet of snow won't melt that quickly.

Comment

• SpikedLemonade
                                • Jun 2024

The NFL has to make a decision this afternoon I believe.

My guess is the game remains at the Ralph but moved to Tuesday night.

Comment

Working...
                                X