All that snow: What's it mean for Sunday?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Typ0
    honey pie
    • Jul 2002

Re: All that snow: What's it mean for Sunday?

No way man they don't have crews. Volunteers always do it and it's way too much snow to remove in two days. There is no equipment to move snow off the seats other than shovels and hard labor. If it warms up and melts that's one thing...but without help from the sun I just don't see it happening.

Originally posted by better days View Post
    Yeah, they will get the snow removed.

Crews will work through the night if need be.

That is the beauty of Buffalo, it has the people & equipment to move a lot of snow quickly.

Comment

• better days
      • Jan 2010

Originally posted by Typ0 View Post
      No way man they don't have crews. Volunteers always do it and it's way too much snow to remove in two days. There is no equipment to move snow off the seats other than shovels and hard labor. If it warms up and melts that's one thing...but without help from the sun I just don't see it happening.
      Inside the Stadium yeah, I was talking about the streets.

The weather is supposed to warm up & people will volunteer to clear the inside of the Stadium if need be.

I expect to watch the Game on Sunday on TV.

Comment

• Fletch
        • May 2007

Is there a webcam for the stadium?
        http://www.billszone.com/fanzone/sho...s-haters/page3

Post #46

Originally posted by Yasgur's Farm
        (Moderator) My name's Max Yasgur, and I approve of this post.
        Originally Posted by pmoon6
        The idea that you "won't settle" presumes that you have some kind of control. Delusional thinking at best for a supposed fan of a spectators' sport. Your way to deal with it is to constantly ***** and denigrate any move, any result concerning the team even if it's positive because you don't want your whittle feewings hurt again. It's a protection mechanism.

You shroud your childish approach in a vale of pompous, intellectual garbage in an attempt to look smart and "real". You over-analyze even minute points and manipulate statistics to fit your negative view of the team. Again, to feel good about yourself and to protect from getting hurt.

Of course, the criticisms are obviously from someone who has no understanding of the team concept or what it takes to excel at athletics.

The true "realist" understands that they have no control of what happens on the field or behind the closed doors at One Bills' Drive, so they do the prudent thing for a spectator. They enjoy the games on Sunday with family and friends, cheer for their team and realize that it's just entertainment.
        ------

"I was an integral part in the drafting process of EJ Manuel," Whaley said Thursday on NFL Network's Total Access. "I was the person that handled the draft process and setting up the board."

"We are committed. I want you to believe me when I say that," Whaley said of building around the second-year quarterback, per The Buffalo News. "I always tell you guys that I'll never say never because I don't want to paint myself in a corner, but when I do say something, I do it and I mean it and I try to fulfill it."

"We believe the addition of Sammy is going to be instant impact, not only to our quarterback, but to what our offensive coordinator can come up with game-plan wise and how defenses attack us," Whaley said.

Whaley on EJ Manuel: "We think we got a gem in this guy." (2:30)

"And as Mark says, if in three years maybe he's not [our quarterback of the future], then I'll be sitting there saying 'hey guys', .... anybody got a job for me?" - Doug Whaley

Comment

• WagonCircler
          Escaped Convict
          • Jul 2002

Listening to all of this on the radio and watching it on TV, I actually feel a little guilty.

In North Buffalo, we have almost nothing. Yesterday, a dusting. At best. Today, a few inches.

It's just so crazy that there's so much snow so close to here, but so little here.

Comment

• SpikedLemonade
            • Jun 2024

There is going to be an announcement from the Bills at noon according to local news.

Moving the game to Tuesday night would work.

Comment

• JohnnyGold
              • Dec 2008

Originally posted by Fletch View Post
              Is there a webcam for the stadium?

Comment

• better days
                • Jan 2010

Originally posted by WagonCircler View Post
                Listening to all of this on the radio and watching it on TV, I actually feel a little guilty.

In North Buffalo, we have almost nothing. Yesterday, a dusting. At best. Today, a few inches.

It's just so crazy that there's so much snow so close to here, but so little here.
                The good news is that because the storm was isolated to the South towns, equipment can all be used in that area rather than spread out over everywhere as it was during the blizzard of 77.

Comment

• SpikedLemonade
                  • Jun 2024

Bills looking at options after snowstorm slams region

Buffalo has been hit with a snow storm like no other this week. With uncertainty swirling about Sunday's kickoff against the Jets, the Bills say the game currently is scheduled to begin as planned.

....Ed Werder ✔ @Edwerderespn
                  Follow

Bill Polian told me yesterday the reason Ralph Wilson Stadium built in Orchard Park was land cheap because highest accumulation of snow.
                  10:15 AM - 19 Nov 2014......

Comment

• trapezeus
                    Legendary Zoner
                    • Oct 2004

Originally posted by coastal View Post
                    My be we can forfeit.
                    What? and score no Touchdowns?? oh, right, that'd happen regardless.

Comment

• Forward_Lateral
                      • Mar 2004

Originally posted by SpikedLemonade View Post
                      There is going to be an announcement from the Bills at noon according to local news.

Moving the game to Tuesday night would work.
                      I think Monday Night is probably the best possibility.

Comment

• trapezeus
                        Legendary Zoner
                        • Oct 2004

Originally posted by SpikedLemonade View Post
                        Bills looking at options after snowstorm slams region

Buffalo has been hit with a snow storm like no other this week. With uncertainty swirling about Sunday's kickoff against the Jets, the Bills say the game currently is scheduled to begin as planned.

....Ed Werder ✔ @Edwerderespn
                        Follow

Bill Polian told me yesterday the reason Ralph Wilson Stadium built in Orchard Park was land cheap because highest accumulation of snow.
                        10:15 AM - 19 Nov 2014......
                        finally get the game out of toronto and watch them move it back. i swear to god that will kill me.

Comment

• Forward_Lateral
                          • Mar 2004

Originally posted by trapezeus View Post
                          finally get the game out of toronto and watch them move it back. i swear to god that will kill me.
                          LOL I never even thought of that. God I hope not.

But, it would be all Buffalo fans at least. Or it would be empty.

Comment

• OpIv37
                            Acid Douching Asswipe
                            • Sep 2002

Great- thanks to Mother Nature we may get to embarrass ourselves on national tv twice in ten days.

I despise night games. All they do is draw national attention to our ineptitude.
                            MiKiDo Facebook
                            MiKiDo Website

Comment

• Forward_Lateral
                              • Mar 2004

Originally posted by OpIv37 View Post
                              Great- thanks to Mother Nature we may get to embarrass ourselves on national tv twice in ten days.

I despise night games. All they do is draw national attention to our ineptitude.
                              I don't know. I have a bad feeling it's going to be moved somewhere else, which will be doubly worse.

Comment

• WagonCircler
                                Escaped Convict
                                • Jul 2002

Originally posted by better days View Post
                                The good news is that because the storm was isolated to the South towns, equipment can all be used in that area rather than spread out over everywhere as it was during the blizzard of 77.
                                There's also equipment coming in from the rest of the state and personnel from the National Guard on the way.

I think Monday at the Ralph will be the call.

Comment

Working...
                                X