Thread: There will never be a Super Bowl in Buffalo

Thanks
    Thanked 3,831 Times in 2,091 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

There will never be a Super Bowl in Buffalo

In the past we've seen some posts that after the new stadium is built, assuming it has a dome, the NFL will award a Super Bowl to Buffalo. Well, any chance of one died this week. There's no way the NFL will ever put a Super Bowl in Buffalo between this storm & the Blizzard of 1977, which happened right around the time they play the Super Bowl.

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Re: There will never be a Super Bowl in Buffalo

OK

Were you under some impression that there was a good chance that there was ever going to be a Super Bowl in Buffalo otherwise?

I wasn't.
    http://www.billszone.com/fanzone/sho...s-haters/page3

Post #46

Quote Originally Posted by Yasgur's Farm View Post
    (Moderator) My name's Max Yasgur, and I approve of this post.
    Originally Posted by pmoon6
    The idea that you "won't settle" presumes that you have some kind of control. Delusional thinking at best for a supposed fan of a spectators' sport. Your way to deal with it is to constantly ***** and denigrate any move, any result concerning the team even if it's positive because you don't want your whittle feewings hurt again. It's a protection mechanism.

You shroud your childish approach in a vale of pompous, intellectual garbage in an attempt to look smart and "real". You over-analyze even minute points and manipulate statistics to fit your negative view of the team. Again, to feel good about yourself and to protect from getting hurt.

Of course, the criticisms are obviously from someone who has no understanding of the team concept or what it takes to excel at athletics.

The true "realist" understands that they have no control of what happens on the field or behind the closed doors at One Bills' Drive, so they do the prudent thing for a spectator. They enjoy the games on Sunday with family and friends, cheer for their team and realize that it's just entertainment.
    ------

"I was an integral part in the drafting process of EJ Manuel," Whaley said Thursday on NFL Network's Total Access. "I was the person that handled the draft process and setting up the board."

"We are committed. I want you to believe me when I say that," Whaley said of building around the second-year quarterback, per The Buffalo News. "I always tell you guys that I'll never say never because I don't want to paint myself in a corner, but when I do say something, I do it and I mean it and I try to fulfill it."

"We believe the addition of Sammy is going to be instant impact, not only to our quarterback, but to what our offensive coordinator can come up with game-plan wise and how defenses attack us," Whaley said.

Whaley on EJ Manuel: "We think we got a gem in this guy." (2:30)

"And as Mark says, if in three years maybe he's not [our quarterback of the future], then I'll be sitting there saying 'hey guys', .... anybody got a job for me?" - Doug Whaley

Thanks
    Thanked 5,946 Times in 3,498 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Damn I was going to buy tickets

Thanks
    Thanked 3,831 Times in 2,091 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by Fletch View Post
    OK

Were you under some impression that there was a good chance that there was ever going to be a Super Bowl in Buffalo otherwise?

I wasn't.
    I was referring to the ones who posted reasons why Buffalo would get a Super Bowl in the 2020s. Obviously you were not among them. Neither was I, but any chance, which was slim, just became none this week.

Thanks
    Thanked 6,319 Times in 2,848 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

I've said it before and I'll say it again.

I couldn't care less about having a Super Bowl in Buffalo.

I just want a Super Bowl parade in Buffalo.

6. Post thanked by:

better days (11-20-2014),Cntrygal (11-20-2014),djjimkelly (11-20-2014),Dr. Lecter (11-20-2014),Fletch (11-20-2014),IlluminatusUIUC (11-20-2014),Novacane (11-20-2014),OpIv37 (11-21-2014)

that slimey ass of an admin at the zone Dude's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,563 Times in 2,509 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Unless a new stadium comes with a ****load of new hotels, there will never be a Super Bowl in Buffalo.

8. Post thanked by:

Fletch (11-20-2014),OpIv37 (11-21-2014)

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by Albany,n.y. View Post
    I was referring to the ones who posted reasons why Buffalo would get a Super Bowl in the 2020s. Obviously you were not among them. Neither was I, but any chance, which was slim, just became none this week.
    Gotcha.

I'm not even sure that this will hammer home the message to that contingent though.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,436 Times in 925 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

I still think it's a given being that the Pegulas build a high-tech facility.

Not quite Best in the World.... ckg927's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 6,518 Times in 4,891 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

By the way, are you aware that there is a 150-page or so document mentioning what any city has to have in order to bid on the Super Bowl? No? Well, here's a few choice bon mots:

-16 months before the game, the league will send 180 people to the host city for a "familiarization trip". The host city must cover all expenses.
    -The host city must give the league the use of at least 20 billboards...at no charge.
    -On game day, the NFL gets up to 35,000 parking spots near the stadium...free.
    -Hotels where players stay must carry the NFL Network on their cable TV systems for at least a year BEFORE the SB.
    -The league requires exclusive access to 3 golf courses(again, free)to host a tournament on SB weekend, AND two "top quality" bowling alleys(free!)for a bowling tourney the Wednesday before the SB.

There's a LOT more, but those are just some of the requirements.
    "We've got a lot to cover. The good news is...I've got the time and I ain't going anywhere." -CM Punk, AEW Rampage, 8/20/21

"I see things in black and white and I have a zero tolerance policy for ****ty people." -Jon Moxley, AEW Dynamite, 1/6/21

12. Post thanked by:

Thanks
    Thanked 6,319 Times in 2,848 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by ckg927 View Post
    AND two "top quality" bowling alleys(free!)for a bowling tourney the Wednesday before the SB.
    We got this!!!!! Voelkers and Kenmore Lanes.

That would be freaking hilarious.

Thanks
    Thanked 3,698 Times in 2,473 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

It was a HUGE Fla Rainstorm the year the Colts won the Super Bowl in Miami.

a HARD rain the entire game.

Miami should not be allowed to host a Super Bowl again.

Retired - On Several Levels Night Train's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 14,240 Times in 7,618 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

On a positive note, the Ice Capades will come every year !

Thanks
    Thanked 1,813 Times in 944 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Pretty sure it snowed in Dallas (Arlington, whatever) during Super Bowl week the year they had it in JerryWorld...

I also recall them having seating issues, forcing people who bought tickets to stand outside and watch the game on a big screen...

I'm guessing, using this logic, they won't put another Super Bowl in JerryWorld, either, right...?

-Bill

17. Post thanked by:

better days (11-20-2014),WagonCircler (11-20-2014)

Thanks
    Thanked 3,698 Times in 2,473 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by BLeonard View Post
    Pretty sure it snowed in Dallas (Arlington, whatever) during Super Bowl week the year they had it in JerryWorld...

I also recall them having seating issues, forcing people who bought tickets to stand outside and watch the game on a big screen...

I'm guessing, using this logic, they won't put another Super Bowl in JerryWorld, either, right...?

-Bill
    You are right.

Jerry sold thousands of non existent seats to fans.

Jerry & the NFL were sued over this.

And yes it snowed & Ice was dropping onto peoples heads from the roof of the Stadium.

I think it will be a LONG time before another Super Bowl is played in Dallas.

Registered User Scumbag College's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,243 Times in 698 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Build a monstrosity of a stadium in Los Angeles and put the SB there every year. It barely ever rains and the NFL can lease the stadium out until they move the Rams or Raiders back there. The NFL is back in LA and since the Super Bowl isn't really "real fan accessible" it would fit right in in that city. Problem solved.
    Remember Kevin Everett in your thoughts.

Vote Nader in 2008!

http://www.votenader.org/