Clear All
  • OpIv37
    Acid Douching Asswipe
    • Sep 2002

Re: No guarantee Bills will be ready to host a game next week

Originally posted by JohnnyGold View Post
    LMAO.

This *****ing **** is unbelievable.

People say the Pats have the worst fans in the NFL? Because they hopped right on that bandwagon as soon as Brady came in and started winning?

This season has made me reconsider that.

The Bills are now vying for worst fans in the league, and it's not even a debate.

You do realize that if we beat the Jets, and a few other teams lose, we could be tied for the 6 seed by Tuesday morning?
    No, we won't be tied. We will still be behind based on tiebreakers.
    MiKiDo Facebook
    MiKiDo Website

Comment

• jamze132
      Don’t hate…
      • Jun 2003

Well if we're 5-6 going into the Browns game, who cares where it's played?

Comment

• YardRat
        Well, lookie here...
        • Dec 2004

For anybody unaccustomed to large amounts of annual snowfall (and, I'm sorry, that includes the city of Buffalo and it's suburbs because realistically 80+ inches per year really isn't that much), you'd be surprised how much will melt off with a couple of warm days, and especially if it rains (that will really knock it down). For the record, the Southern Tier actually got off light compared to the southtowns with this storm, we only got about 12 inches total, and that's right on the Chautauqua Ridge that typically bears the brunt of lake effect (200-plus averages are certainly not unusual). The biggest concern, of course, isn't the stadium anyway (as some have already said), but the residents of the hardest hit areas...flooding is a concern, but even moreso the threat of roofs collapsing when the massive amount of snow becomes watered-down from the heat and the rain.
        YardRat Wall of Fame
        #56 DARRYL TALLEY
        #29 DERRICK BURROUGHS#22 FRED JACKSON #95 KYLE WILLIAMS

Comment

• pmoon6
          Legendary Zoner
          • Dec 2002

Originally posted by OpIv37 View Post
          No, we won't be tied. We will still be behind based on tiebreakers.
          Maybe so, but the rest of his post is dead on.

Most of ya'll suck.

Comment

• OpIv37
            Acid Douching Asswipe
            • Sep 2002

Originally posted by pmoon6 View Post
            Maybe so, but the rest of his post is dead on.

Most of ya'll suck.
            No, the rest of his post is unrealistic, unreasonable crap, as always. The two of you are the worst kinds of "fans." You claim you want the team to win, but then you question the fanhood of anyone who dares
            criticize the very players who are keeping us from winning with their poor play. Yiu think you are entitled to enjoy football because its entertainment, so you fool yourselves into thinking the team is better than it is, and then you lash out with personal insults at anyone who makes you realize the reality of this team.

Sometimes it rains in the picnic. Sometimes your jackass friend gets drunk and ruins an enjoyable evening at the bar. And sometimes (practically always for us) your football team sucks. Grow a sack and deal with it. Take it out on the team and not on other frustrated fans.
            MiKiDo Facebook
            MiKiDo Website

Comment

• pmoon6
              Legendary Zoner
              • Dec 2002

Originally posted by OpIv37 View Post
              Grow a sack
              You first.

Comment

• IlluminatusUIUC
                • Sep 2012

Originally posted by JohnnyGold View Post
                LMAO.

This *****ing **** is unbelievable.

People say the Pats have the worst fans in the NFL? Because they hopped right on that bandwagon as soon as Brady came in and started winning?

This season has made me reconsider that.

The Bills are now vying for worst fans in the league, and it's not even a debate.

You do realize that if we beat the Jets, and a few other teams lose, we could be tied for the 6 seed by Tuesday morning?
                No. We have 5 wins, the two current wildcards have 7.

Billszone 2013 Prediction Contest winner!

Comment

• Fletch
                  • May 2007

Originally posted by Historian View Post
                  From what I've heard, UB or Syracuse is not an option because they are not NFL stadiums....more importantly, they are not equipped like NFL stadiums:

MRIs....operating rooms....jails, etc..
                  Good points, things we never think of as fans.

Still, I think that they could make provisions for that for one game. The hospital in Syracuse is not far from the Dome.

Do they really have operating rooms at NFL stadiums?
                  http://www.billszone.com/fanzone/sho...s-haters/page3

Post #46

Originally posted by Yasgur's Farm
                  (Moderator) My name's Max Yasgur, and I approve of this post.
                  Originally Posted by pmoon6
                  The idea that you "won't settle" presumes that you have some kind of control. Delusional thinking at best for a supposed fan of a spectators' sport. Your way to deal with it is to constantly ***** and denigrate any move, any result concerning the team even if it's positive because you don't want your whittle feewings hurt again. It's a protection mechanism.

You shroud your childish approach in a vale of pompous, intellectual garbage in an attempt to look smart and "real". You over-analyze even minute points and manipulate statistics to fit your negative view of the team. Again, to feel good about yourself and to protect from getting hurt.

Of course, the criticisms are obviously from someone who has no understanding of the team concept or what it takes to excel at athletics.

The true "realist" understands that they have no control of what happens on the field or behind the closed doors at One Bills' Drive, so they do the prudent thing for a spectator. They enjoy the games on Sunday with family and friends, cheer for their team and realize that it's just entertainment.
                  ------

"I was an integral part in the drafting process of EJ Manuel," Whaley said Thursday on NFL Network's Total Access. "I was the person that handled the draft process and setting up the board."

"We are committed. I want you to believe me when I say that," Whaley said of building around the second-year quarterback, per The Buffalo News. "I always tell you guys that I'll never say never because I don't want to paint myself in a corner, but when I do say something, I do it and I mean it and I try to fulfill it."

"We believe the addition of Sammy is going to be instant impact, not only to our quarterback, but to what our offensive coordinator can come up with game-plan wise and how defenses attack us," Whaley said.

Whaley on EJ Manuel: "We think we got a gem in this guy." (2:30)

"And as Mark says, if in three years maybe he's not [our quarterback of the future], then I'll be sitting there saying 'hey guys', .... anybody got a job for me?" - Doug Whaley

Comment

• Ingtar33
                    Dances With Buffaloes
                    • Sep 2002

Originally posted by imbondz View Post
                    This snow totally screws with our playoff chances
                    those were done in by the bills coming out of the bye and dropping 2 straight. nothing to do with the snow really.
                    My wife told me that if I had a dollar for every girl who found me unattractive, girls would find me VERY attractive.

MY WIFE SAID THAT!!!

Comment

• BertSquirtgum
                      Legendary Zoner
                      • May 2009

Originally posted by imbondz View Post
                      This snow totally screws with our playoff chances
                      I think it's more the head coach that totally screws this teams playoff chances.

Comment

• Fletch
                        • May 2007

Originally posted by Ingtar33 View Post
                        those were done in by the bills coming out of the bye and dropping 2 straight. nothing to do with the snow really.
                        Hey, what's with the infusion of common sense.

LOL

Post #46

The idea that you "won't settle" presumes that you have some kind of control. Delusional thinking at best for a supposed fan of a spectators' sport. Your way to deal with it is to constantly ***** and denigrate any move, any result concerning the team even if it's positive because you don't want your whittle feewings hurt again. It's a protection mechanism.

You shroud your childish approach in a vale of pompous, intellectual garbage in an attempt to look smart and "real". You over-analyze even minute points and manipulate statistics to fit your negative view of the team. Again, to feel good about yourself and to protect from getting hurt.

Of course, the criticisms are obviously from someone who has no understanding of the team concept or what it takes to excel at athletics.

The true "realist" understands that they have no control of what happens on the field or behind the closed doors at One Bills' Drive, so they do the prudent thing for a spectator. They enjoy the games on Sunday with family and friends, cheer for their team and realize that it's just entertainment.
                        ------

"I was an integral part in the drafting process of EJ Manuel," Whaley said Thursday on NFL Network's Total Access. "I was the person that handled the draft process and setting up the board."

"We are committed. I want you to believe me when I say that," Whaley said of building around the second-year quarterback, per The Buffalo News. "I always tell you guys that I'll never say never because I don't want to paint myself in a corner, but when I do say something, I do it and I mean it and I try to fulfill it."

"We believe the addition of Sammy is going to be instant impact, not only to our quarterback, but to what our offensive coordinator can come up with game-plan wise and how defenses attack us," Whaley said.

"And as Mark says, if in three years maybe he's not [our quarterback of the future], then I'll be sitting there saying 'hey guys', .... anybody got a job for me?" - Doug Whaley

Comment

• OLDSRIP
                          • Dec 2008

Just a little perspective of what it's taking to remove this snow.

One driveway in Angola took 6 hours yesterday. That was with a small 4 WD tractor with loader and 2 other people working along side the tractor. It will probably take another 2-3 hours today to do the final clean up.

Only a few thousand to go!

the good news is that the travel bans are starting to be lifted. This will allow more equipment to get in the worse areas.

Comment

• OLDSRIP
                            • Dec 2008

Forgot to add. Over 90 roof collapses reported as of yesterday afternoon.

some stadium roof damage on suites has been reported. But I haven't seen pics of those yet, so can't confirm.

Comment

• better days
                              • Jan 2010

I read they are bringing in a machine used in NYC that melts the snow to help clear snow out of the stadium.

A front loader fills the machine up with snow which then melts it.

Comment

• Fletch
                                • May 2007

Originally posted by OLDSRIP View Post
                                Forgot to add. Over 90 roof collapses reported as of yesterday afternoon.

some stadium roof damage on suites has been reported. But I haven't seen pics of those yet, so can't confirm.
                                I can't even imagine, thanks for the updates. I was going to ask but figured people had more pressing problems.

I just hope that it doesn't snow again in the next couple of weeks anyway.

Post #46

------

Comment

Working...
                                X