Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Odell Bekham - Amazing

Thanks
    Thanked 1,293 Times in 843 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Re: Odell Bekham - Amazing

Quote Originally Posted by Novacane View Post
    Fletch will be beating this dead horse 5 years from now
    Except when Watkins has a 2 touchdown game.. Or a last second TD to win a game.. Or a game where Watkins has 7+catches..Fletchie is pretty quiet the week after those kinds of performance from Watkins

2. Post thanked by:

Novacane (11-24-2014)

Thanks
    Thanked 4,360 Times in 2,088 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Watkins made bank when teams were playing us in man coverage with 1 deep and blitzing/crowding the LOS. since the jets game teams have adjusted, they don't blitz much, play a lot more cover2 and cover3 and don't crowd the line. since they made those changes watkins' numbers have dropped pretty badly.

Part of that is no running game to force the opponents to respect the ground attack, part of it is the QB isn't all that accurate short (he also doesn't have great timing with his wrs, so a lot of passes are coming in late) and of course the line blows which really limits your options in the passing game.
    My wife told me that if I had a dollar for every girl who found me unattractive, girls would find me VERY attractive.

MY WIFE SAID THAT!!!

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by Ginger Vitis View Post
    Except when Watkins has a 2 touchdown game.. Or a last second TD to win a game.. Or a game where Watkins has 7+catches..Fletchie is pretty quiet the week after those kinds of performance from Watkins
    Good point, and since we're talking comps:

Watkins: Three 7+ catch games, one 2 TD game, three 1 TD games.

Benjamin: Three 7+ catch games, one 2 TD game, six 1 TD games.

Evans: Three 7+ catch games, two 2 TD games, three 1 TD games.

Beckum: Three 7+ catch games (on 3 fewer games), two 2 TD games, one 1 TD game.

Jordan Matthews: Two 7+ catch games, two 2 TD games, two 1 TD games.

Benjamin and Watkins 10 starts each, Evans 9 starts, Matthews and Beckum 6 starts.

I mean it's not like I'll be the only one in the football loving world suggesting this, everyone outside of Buffalo already is saying the same thing.

Blame it on me if you want, but the facts are the facts.

The bottom line is that he didn't come close to making the statements about him and how he'd help the team this season happen whereas other rookie WRs are having a much bigger impact.

Here are some things to consider:

Watkins: 5 games with 3 or fewer receptions, 6 games with fewer than 35 yards.

Evans: 0 games with 3 or fewer receptions, 0 games with fewer than 35 yards.

Benjamin: 5 games with 3 or fewer receptions, 1 game with fewer than 35 yards.

Beckum: 1 game with 3 or fewer receptions, 2 games with fewer than 35 yards.

Matthews: 3 games with 3 or fewer receptions, 3 games with fewer than 35 yards.

Say what you want, the talk around the league at the end of the season isn't going to be about Watkins being the best WR. As I've said all season, he won't even get OROY honors or even be in 2nd place for it.
    http://www.billszone.com/fanzone/sho...s-haters/page3

Post #46

Quote Originally Posted by Yasgur's Farm View Post
    (Moderator) My name's Max Yasgur, and I approve of this post.
    Originally Posted by pmoon6
    The idea that you "won't settle" presumes that you have some kind of control. Delusional thinking at best for a supposed fan of a spectators' sport. Your way to deal with it is to constantly ***** and denigrate any move, any result concerning the team even if it's positive because you don't want your whittle feewings hurt again. It's a protection mechanism.

You shroud your childish approach in a vale of pompous, intellectual garbage in an attempt to look smart and "real". You over-analyze even minute points and manipulate statistics to fit your negative view of the team. Again, to feel good about yourself and to protect from getting hurt.

Of course, the criticisms are obviously from someone who has no understanding of the team concept or what it takes to excel at athletics.

The true "realist" understands that they have no control of what happens on the field or behind the closed doors at One Bills' Drive, so they do the prudent thing for a spectator. They enjoy the games on Sunday with family and friends, cheer for their team and realize that it's just entertainment.
    ------

"I was an integral part in the drafting process of EJ Manuel," Whaley said Thursday on NFL Network's Total Access. "I was the person that handled the draft process and setting up the board."

"We are committed. I want you to believe me when I say that," Whaley said of building around the second-year quarterback, per The Buffalo News. "I always tell you guys that I'll never say never because I don't want to paint myself in a corner, but when I do say something, I do it and I mean it and I try to fulfill it."

"We believe the addition of Sammy is going to be instant impact, not only to our quarterback, but to what our offensive coordinator can come up with game-plan wise and how defenses attack us," Whaley said.

Whaley on EJ Manuel: "We think we got a gem in this guy." (2:30)

"And as Mark says, if in three years maybe he's not [our quarterback of the future], then I'll be sitting there saying 'hey guys', .... anybody got a job for me?" - Doug Whaley

5. Post thanked by:

jills (11-25-2014),Lone Stranger (11-24-2014),TacklingDummy (11-24-2014)

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by Ingtar33 View Post
    Watkins made bank when teams were playing us in man coverage with 1 deep and blitzing/crowding the LOS. since the jets game teams have adjusted, they don't blitz much, play a lot more cover2 and cover3 and don't crowd the line. since they made those changes watkins' numbers have dropped pretty badly.

Part of that is no running game to force the opponents to respect the ground attack, part of it is the QB isn't all that accurate short (he also doesn't have great timing with his wrs, so a lot of passes are coming in late) and of course the line blows which really limits your options in the passing game.
    I won't disagree, but other than Matthews in that list above, Benjamin, Evans, and Beckum's QB, OL, and RB situations really haven't been much different. It's not as if Watkins was more consistent with Jackson and Spiller in the lineup, he wasn't.

Thanks
    Thanked 6,319 Times in 2,848 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by Fletch View Post
    Good point, and since we're talking comps:

Watkins: Three 7+ catch games, one 2 TD game, three 1 TD games.

Benjamin: Three 7+ catch games, one 2 TD game, six 1 TD games.

Evans: Three 7+ catch games, two 2 TD games, three 1 TD games.

Beckum: Three 7+ catch games (on 3 fewer games), two 2 TD games, one 1 TD game.

Jordan Matthews: Two 7+ catch games, two 2 TD games, two 1 TD games.

Benjamin and Watkins 10 starts each, Evans 9 starts, Matthews and Beckum 6 starts.

I mean it's not like I'll be the only one in the football loving world suggesting this, everyone outside of Buffalo already is saying the same thing.

Blame it on me if you want, but the facts are the facts.

The bottom line is that he didn't come close to making the statements about him and how he'd help the team this season happen whereas other rookie WRs are having a much bigger impact.

Here are some things to consider:

Watkins: 5 games with 3 or fewer receptions, 6 games with fewer than 35 yards.

Evans: 0 games with 3 or fewer receptions, 0 games with fewer than 35 yards.

Benjamin: 5 games with 3 or fewer receptions, 1 game with fewer than 35 yards.

Beckum: 1 game with 3 or fewer receptions, 2 games with fewer than 35 yards.

Matthews: 3 games with 3 or fewer receptions, 3 games with fewer than 35 yards.

Say what you want, the talk around the league at the end of the season isn't going to be about Watkins being the best WR. As I've said all season, he won't even get OROY honors or even be in 2nd place for it.
    I don't like you.

But this is an epic post.

8. Post thanked by:

GvilleBills (11-24-2014)

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by WagonCircler View Post
    I don't like you.

But this is an epic post.
    I can appreciate that. It's not my goal to get you to like me. Believe me, I'm not eager to meet a bunch of people from here either. I appreciate your not attacking me though.

They're just facts.

10. Post thanked by:

Thanks
    Thanked 3,097 Times in 2,028 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Its amazing that Landry and Beckham made Mettenberg look so good.

Thanks
    Thanked 13,409 Times in 9,123 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

I see they still use stick 'em in the NFL.

Unreachable Douche
    Thanks
    Thanked 6,929 Times in 4,378 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

In typical Bills fashion, they trade (overpaid)up in the draft to draft a WR in a WR deep draft.

Just like reaching for a QB in the 1st round in a QB weak draft.

14. Post thanked by:

Albany,n.y. (11-24-2014),EDS (11-24-2014),Fletch (11-24-2014),jills (11-25-2014),Lone Stranger (11-24-2014)

Thanks
    Thanked 12,455 Times in 7,305 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Do you have a comment on the topic, or is it simply your goal to attack the poster and not the post?

This is why you get attacked on the subject

Quote Originally Posted by Ginger Vitis View Post

You post 24/7 when one of the other rookie WR have a big game. You vanish when Watkins has a big game or the others have a bad game then cry when people say your'e anti Bills.

You love to play the poor Fletch card. Nobody will debate me in a civil conversation
    Last edited by The King; 11-24-2014 at 10:16 AM.

16. Post thanked by:

psubills62 (11-24-2014)

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by stuckincincy View Post
    Like Smith...does he constantly push off and get away with it?
    Like you it looked to me that he should have been called for taking down the defender.

Thanks
    Thanked 8,915 Times in 5,307 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Buhbye Whaley...

19. Post thanked by:

Thanks
    Thanked 3,218 Times in 1,859 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

I'm thinking that if there truly was a special WR in this past draft, Beckum is the one. He missed 4 games and is presently the Giants' leading receiver and may very well outperform all the other rookies on 4 fewer games.
    you remain an unreadable poster.

remember the one you wanted was benjamin at 9...you never mentioned beckum when he wasn't playing. now that you have some fodder for anyone but watkins you keep posting.

21. Post thanked by:

Novacane (11-24-2014)

Democrats are people too imbondz's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,007 Times in 2,187 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Eli Manning to David Tyree in the SuperBowl is still the greatest catch I've ever seen. Pretty sure it was 3rd down, last drive of the SB, can't have more pressure than that, then Manning scrambles out of a sure sack, and hits Tyree who catches the ball with the help of his helmet.

My faith doesn’t make me perfect, it makes me forgiven.

Thanks
    Thanked 8,915 Times in 5,307 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by trapezeus View Post

remember the one you wanted was benjamin at 9...you never mentioned beckum when he wasn't playing. now that you have some fodder for anyone but watkins you keep posting.
    Look at his username.

FLETCH

hes admitting in his username that he has multiple personalities.

i know who it is.

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by Novacane View Post
    This is why you get attacked on the subject

You post 24/7 when one of the other rookie WR have a big game. You vanish when Watkins has a big game or the others have a bad game then cry when people say your'e anti Bills.

You love to play the poor Fletch card. Nobody will debate me in a civil conversation Act like a douche and that's what happens!
    That's simply untrue. I've said absolutely nothing that should cause anyone in this thread to say what you just said.

I've posted equally after Watkins has had a big game. I tend to avoid the Watkins threads because people on your side are doing exactly what you said, laying out their agendas and slamming everyone and anyone going into those threads with "see I told ya so's."

If you really want to be objective, try taking a look at the entire season so far. In the interests of discussing the topic, the best that you can do is to make excuses as to why Watkins hasn't even come close to proving himself the best WR in this class, much less even among the top 3.

Again, facts are facts.

I have nothing against you and I said nothing to incite you or otherwise rile you. Yet you violate the terms of service by attacking me and cluttering up the forum with stuff like this.

Watkins is what he is, not because I've decreed it, but because he has either done or conversely not done what you and others claimed he could and would do. Sorry, again, those are just the facts. I present them for discussion and argument, that's all.

Seems as if you're angry at me because I am right and have been all along to this point. Frankly I don't care about being right or wrong, only those claiming that others do seem to care about being right. I am content to simply discuss these things in a civil manner whereas you seem to be the one having difficulty doing so. There haven't been any problems until now with your posts and yet you blame it on me.

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

You know what, then don't read them. Why do you keep reading them?

If you're not reading them, then why do you comment on what you haven't read?

There can be only one reason, personal vendetta.

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Once again, entirely untrue.

I'm not sure why you have difficulty understanding the tremendously simple concept from which I argue this point.

I have always maintained the position that we'd have been better off with one of the next best WRs while keeping our 1st and 4th's for this upcoming draft. I did say that if I were going to trade up like that I'd have grabbed Evans instead, but my choice would have been to keep our picks and grab one of the next best. I pointed out Benjamin too, another poster added Beckum into the argument before he started posting ridiculous numbers a few weeks ago, and I agreed that he'd have been fine too.

It really isn't a matter of which one, ironically all three and at least one other are all doing better than Watkins.

What's interesting about this is that you and Novacane, and who knows what coastal thinks, seem to really believe that Watkins is better despite his ridiculous inconsistency and lack of stats matching the others otherwise. If the roles were reversed and I were arguing that way, you'd be throwing up stuff about how I was ignoring all kinds of stats and reality to make my point.

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

because you respond 14 times in a row in any given post.

and nice dodge of being called out that you wanted benjamin ahead of beckum. Joe Busc this morning was talking about how the bills were high on beckum at 9 if the trade up didn't happen.

The truth of the matter is it's a deep class and watkins and now beckum have made some big plays that have caught people's attention. a few weeks ago, watkins was all you heard the press talk about. Now after last night's performance you'll hear beckum talked about. it will be about consistency in the long run.

And tell me, do you think a guy who has manning or orton/manuel will put up better numbers in the long run?

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Once again, entirely untrue.

I'm not sure why you have difficulty understanding the tremendously simple concept from which I argue this point.

I have always maintained the position that we'd have been better off with one of the next best WRs while keeping our 1st and 4th's for this upcoming draft. I did say that if I were going to trade up like that I'd have grabbed Evans instead, but my choice would have been to keep our picks and grab one of the next best. I pointed out Benjamin too, another poster added Beckum into the argument before he started posting ridiculous numbers a few weeks ago, and I agreed that he'd have been fine too.

It really isn't a matter of which one, ironically all three and at least one other are all doing better than Watkins.

What's interesting about this is that you and Novacane, and who knows what coastal thinks, seem to really believe that Watkins is better despite his ridiculous inconsistency and lack of stats matching the others otherwise. If the roles were reversed and I were arguing that way, you'd be throwing up stuff about how I was ignoring all kinds of stats and reality to make my point.
    when watkins inevitably has another big game, we'll watch you stay away from the boards. and that's how we know you are a troll, fletch/very wide right.

29. Post thanked by:

Novacane (11-24-2014)