• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • SquishDaFish
    Lets GO BUFFALO!!
    • Jun 2005

Re: herm edwards comment

I say 2 full seasons. And wagon EJ is not done here sorry to say for you. He will get a shot in training camp to win it back. If he doesnt he is gone after next season

Comment

• Fletch
      • May 2007

Originally posted by mush69 View Post
      Maybe you should post it 2,980 more times!
      It still wouldn't sink in.

Emotionalism rules here.
      http://www.billszone.com/fanzone/sho...s-haters/page3

Post #46

Originally posted by Yasgur's Farm
      (Moderator) My name's Max Yasgur, and I approve of this post.
      Originally Posted by pmoon6
      The idea that you "won't settle" presumes that you have some kind of control. Delusional thinking at best for a supposed fan of a spectators' sport. Your way to deal with it is to constantly ***** and denigrate any move, any result concerning the team even if it's positive because you don't want your whittle feewings hurt again. It's a protection mechanism.

You shroud your childish approach in a vale of pompous, intellectual garbage in an attempt to look smart and "real". You over-analyze even minute points and manipulate statistics to fit your negative view of the team. Again, to feel good about yourself and to protect from getting hurt.

Of course, the criticisms are obviously from someone who has no understanding of the team concept or what it takes to excel at athletics.

The true "realist" understands that they have no control of what happens on the field or behind the closed doors at One Bills' Drive, so they do the prudent thing for a spectator. They enjoy the games on Sunday with family and friends, cheer for their team and realize that it's just entertainment.
      ------

"I was an integral part in the drafting process of EJ Manuel," Whaley said Thursday on NFL Network's Total Access. "I was the person that handled the draft process and setting up the board."

"We are committed. I want you to believe me when I say that," Whaley said of building around the second-year quarterback, per The Buffalo News. "I always tell you guys that I'll never say never because I don't want to paint myself in a corner, but when I do say something, I do it and I mean it and I try to fulfill it."

"We believe the addition of Sammy is going to be instant impact, not only to our quarterback, but to what our offensive coordinator can come up with game-plan wise and how defenses attack us," Whaley said.

Whaley on EJ Manuel: "We think we got a gem in this guy." (2:30)

"And as Mark says, if in three years maybe he's not [our quarterback of the future], then I'll be sitting there saying 'hey guys', .... anybody got a job for me?" - Doug Whaley

Comment

• Mace
        Haha...yeah you think so ?
        • Mar 2013

Originally posted by djjimkelly View Post
        i do very much so respect herm edwards opinion and love the way the man carries himself anyway........

commenting on geno smith i just heard him say 3000 snaps is what u need to evaluate a qb.

now i know for sure EJ is no where near 3000 snaps at qb.

my question is this when was the last time we had a QB take 3000 snaps for the buffalo bills
        Last was Fitzpatrick, he broke 3,000 snaps (offensive plays) in his 4th year. He was at like 2857 minus some change after his 3rd.

I think we can all see why Herm Edwards has no job since 2008.

Comment

• Don't Panic
          All-Pro Zoner
          • Dec 2005

If our fate is sealed, EJ should play. We're still alive though... Orton is the QB.

Comment

• The Jokeman
            • Dec 2003

Originally posted by Mace View Post
            Last was Fitzpatrick, he broke 3,000 snaps (offensive plays) in his 4th year. He was at like 2857 minus some change after his 3rd.

I think we can all see why Herm Edwards has no job since 2008.
            and didn't Herm Edwards give Marrone his first NFL coaching job?

Comment

• YardRat
              Well, lookie here...
              • Dec 2004

Originally posted by SquishDaFish View Post
              I say 2 full seasons. And wagon EJ is not done here sorry to say for you. He will get a shot in training camp to win it back. If he doesnt he is gone after next season
              I dunno...depending on how Orton finishes the season, if they re-sign him it's going to be as the starter. I don't see Kyle re-upping to 'compete', he would probably feel he already won the job.
              YardRat Wall of Fame
              #56 DARRYL TALLEY
              #29 DERRICK BURROUGHS#22 FRED JACKSON #95 KYLE WILLIAMS

Comment

• Swiper
                • Sep 2010

Originally posted by djjimkelly View Post
                i do very much so respect herm edwards opinion and love the way the man carries himself anyway........

commenting on geno smith i just heard him say 3000 snaps is what u need to evaluate a qb.

now i know for sure EJ is no where near 3000 snaps at qb.

my question is this when was the last time we had a QB take 3000 snaps for the buffalo bills
                Herm Edwards is an idiot. I heard that interview and all I could keep saying to myself was, "My God his teammates must have hated that guy."

Just STFU already Herm. If he is so smart, why did he suck so terribly bad as a coach?

Comment

• Swiper
                  • Sep 2010

EJ apologists make me sick to my stomach. He sucks. Just admit it.

Comment

• Mace
                    Haha...yeah you think so ?
                    • Mar 2013

Originally posted by The Jokeman View Post
                    and didn't Herm Edwards give Marrone his first NFL coaching job?
                    Indeedy. Edwards is in the Schottenheimer and Dungy coaching trees, but has no coaching tree of his own, besides I guess Marrone but....Marrone is also in Sean Payton's though ! Hm, Payton spawned Marrone and Dennis Allen in the pro's.

I think we can all still see why Herm Edwards has no coaching job since 2008, though. Syracuse head football coaches on the other hand well....in the NFL they are Doug Marrone through history far as I can tell.

Looks as grim as giving a QB 3,000 snaps of maybe nowadays.

Comment

• sudzy
                      • Apr 2013

And wagon EJ is not done here sorry to say for you.
                      He may still be on the team. But, he's done. Whether Marrone is coaching this team next year or someone else is, no coach is going to tie their career to that anchor, again.

Comment

Working...
                      X