• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • blackonyx89
    HI I AM A FREAKING LIONS FAN
    • Mar 2005

Mini-vent time about Bills haters.

I've been a Bills for 30 years through all the good and bad times and I have people who don't like the Bills always coming up and trashing the team and they expect me to always explain why they're not good or they'll never win a Super Bowl. I tell them the truth and not make excuses and they still come to me with the same tired smack talk. Sadly, some people are dense like that, LOL! :-) And some of them are people I barely know and they still come and that's the only thing they can say. I can be quite annoying at times and I know they just to do it for fun. Whatever!
    Let's Go Bills, make it happen!!!
  • Fletch
    • May 2007

Re: Mini-vent time about Bills haters.

Looks like more of an attack on some posters if you ask me.

I don't see anything at all Bills related in there.

So I'll take the time to vent similarly. At what point did Bills fans get to a point where simply hoping to get to .500 should be something to be considered a landmark development?

At what point did Bills fans get to a point where beating up on the bottom worst teams in the league without being able to do the same against top half teams in the league became some kind of relevant achievement?

At what point did Bills fans get to a point where we are now they consider that a launching point for calling every skeptic, fan or not, some kind of name and slamming them, fellow Bills fans, especially when we've been in this situation before with nothing changing after it?

What does it say about people like that that would take such a position, besides the fact that somewhere along the way they lost all sense of what greatness really is?

Since you seem to have missed it this season, many of the posters here that insisted that we were a 10-6, 11-5, or even a 9-7 team now seem to be satisfied if we get to 8-8 and some even to 7-9 to be able to brag about progress.

I feel very very sorry for fans like that.

Start there instead of slandering your fellow Bills fan posters.

PS I've been a Bills fan for over 30 years.
    Last edited by Fletch; 11-29-2014, 01:20 PM.
    http://www.billszone.com/fanzone/sho...s-haters/page3

Post #46

Originally posted by Yasgur's Farm
    (Moderator) My name's Max Yasgur, and I approve of this post.
    Originally Posted by pmoon6
    The idea that you "won't settle" presumes that you have some kind of control. Delusional thinking at best for a supposed fan of a spectators' sport. Your way to deal with it is to constantly ***** and denigrate any move, any result concerning the team even if it's positive because you don't want your whittle feewings hurt again. It's a protection mechanism.

You shroud your childish approach in a vale of pompous, intellectual garbage in an attempt to look smart and "real". You over-analyze even minute points and manipulate statistics to fit your negative view of the team. Again, to feel good about yourself and to protect from getting hurt.

Of course, the criticisms are obviously from someone who has no understanding of the team concept or what it takes to excel at athletics.

The true "realist" understands that they have no control of what happens on the field or behind the closed doors at One Bills' Drive, so they do the prudent thing for a spectator. They enjoy the games on Sunday with family and friends, cheer for their team and realize that it's just entertainment.
    ------

"I was an integral part in the drafting process of EJ Manuel," Whaley said Thursday on NFL Network's Total Access. "I was the person that handled the draft process and setting up the board."

"We are committed. I want you to believe me when I say that," Whaley said of building around the second-year quarterback, per The Buffalo News. "I always tell you guys that I'll never say never because I don't want to paint myself in a corner, but when I do say something, I do it and I mean it and I try to fulfill it."

"We believe the addition of Sammy is going to be instant impact, not only to our quarterback, but to what our offensive coordinator can come up with game-plan wise and how defenses attack us," Whaley said.

Whaley on EJ Manuel: "We think we got a gem in this guy." (2:30)

"And as Mark says, if in three years maybe he's not [our quarterback of the future], then I'll be sitting there saying 'hey guys', .... anybody got a job for me?" - Doug Whaley

Comment

• blackonyx89
      • Mar 2005

Originally posted by Fletch View Post
      Looks like more of an attack on some posters if you ask me.

I don't see anything at all Bills related in there.

So I'll take the time to vent similarly. At what point did Bills fans get to a point where simply hoping to get to .500 should be something to be considered a landmark development?

At what point did Bills fans get to a point where beating up on the bottom worst teams in the league without being able to do the same against top half teams in the league became some kind of relevant achievement?

At what point did Bills fans get to a point where we are now they consider that a launching point for calling every skeptic, fan or not, some kind of name and slamming them, fellow Bills fans, especially when we've been in this situation before with nothing changing after it?

What does it say about people like that that would take such a position, besides the fact that somewhere along the way they lost all sense of what greatness really is?

Since you seem to have missed it this season, many of the posters here that insisted that we were a 10-6, 11-5, or even a 9-7 team now seem to be satisfied if we get to 8-8 and some even to 7-9 to be able to brag about progress.

I feel very very sorry for fans like that.

Start there instead of slandering your fellow Bills fan posters.

PS I've been a Bills fan for over 30 years.

Hmmmmmmm.......the whole point is that I know that it will take a couple more years and key acquisitons to make the Bills better and ultimately Pegula needs to get this team back to being competitive and respectable on a consistent basis. Constantly hearing negative remarks over and over again is tiresome and from many people I know, don't get it. As far as the rest of the posters Bills fans , I can't speak for them and they have every right to be opimistic and they're no different than any other of the 31 teams in this league, whether they are good or bad, they stick with their teams.
      Last edited by blackonyx89; 11-29-2014, 01:50 PM.

Comment

• Fletch
        • May 2007

Originally posted by blackonyx89 View Post
        Hmmmmmmm.......the whole point is that I know that it will take a couple more years and key acquisitons to make the Bills better and ultimately Pegula needs to get this team back to being competitive and respectable on a consistent basis. Constantly hearing negative remarks over and over again is tiresome and many people I know, don't get it. As far as the rest of the posters Bills fans , I can't speak for them and they have every right to be opimistic and they're no different than any other of the 31 teams in this league, whether they are good or bad, they stick with their teams.
        And just off hand, what's your quick thought here, do Bills fans generally speaking have more reason to be critical or to be joyous?

In other words, do you expect conversations about the overall performance of this team to lean more favorably or more unfavorably generally speaking?

Careful how you answer those given our remaining schedule..

Post #46

The idea that you "won't settle" presumes that you have some kind of control. Delusional thinking at best for a supposed fan of a spectators' sport. Your way to deal with it is to constantly ***** and denigrate any move, any result concerning the team even if it's positive because you don't want your whittle feewings hurt again. It's a protection mechanism.

You shroud your childish approach in a vale of pompous, intellectual garbage in an attempt to look smart and "real". You over-analyze even minute points and manipulate statistics to fit your negative view of the team. Again, to feel good about yourself and to protect from getting hurt.

Of course, the criticisms are obviously from someone who has no understanding of the team concept or what it takes to excel at athletics.

The true "realist" understands that they have no control of what happens on the field or behind the closed doors at One Bills' Drive, so they do the prudent thing for a spectator. They enjoy the games on Sunday with family and friends, cheer for their team and realize that it's just entertainment.
        ------

"I was an integral part in the drafting process of EJ Manuel," Whaley said Thursday on NFL Network's Total Access. "I was the person that handled the draft process and setting up the board."

"We are committed. I want you to believe me when I say that," Whaley said of building around the second-year quarterback, per The Buffalo News. "I always tell you guys that I'll never say never because I don't want to paint myself in a corner, but when I do say something, I do it and I mean it and I try to fulfill it."

"We believe the addition of Sammy is going to be instant impact, not only to our quarterback, but to what our offensive coordinator can come up with game-plan wise and how defenses attack us," Whaley said.

"And as Mark says, if in three years maybe he's not [our quarterback of the future], then I'll be sitting there saying 'hey guys', .... anybody got a job for me?" - Doug Whaley

Comment

• blackonyx89
          • Mar 2005

Not the posters here at all, just people around me and my previous post stands by itself regardless of how the season ends.

Comment

• Fletch
            • May 2007

Not the posters here at all, just people around me and my previous post stands by itself regardless of how the season ends.
            Gotcha

You might wanna make that more clear in the future, there are a number of posters here that seem to enjoy trashing people personally that don't **** streamers and confetti when they talk about the Bills.

As fans to non-fans, unfortunately we seem to have to accept our lot. Not much we can do about it except piss and moan until the team actually legitimately improves, wouldn't you agree?

Let's hope that Pegula makes the tough decisions promptly in the meantime.
            Last edited by Fletch; 11-29-2014, 02:29 PM.

Post #46

------

Comment

• blackonyx89
              • Mar 2005

Originally posted by Fletch View Post
              Gotcha

You might wanna make that more clear in the future, there are a number of posters here that seem to enjoy trashing people personally that don't **** streamers and confetti when they talk about the Bills.

As fans to non-fans, unfortunately we seem to have to accept our lot. Not much we can do about it except piss and moan until the team actually legitimately improves, wouldn't you agree?

Let's hope that Pegula makes the tough decisions promptly in the meantime.
              Troll..........

Comment

• SeatownBillsFan21
                • Mar 2004

Troll..........
                Agreed

Comment

• Fletch
                  • May 2007

Troll..........
                  LOL

As I was saying, some fans appear to be perfectly and perpetually satisfied with mediocrity. The rest are trolls.

It's easy to understand their position given all the times we've been to the playoffs and how many times we've won there over the last decade .... or two.
                  Last edited by Fletch; 11-29-2014, 03:01 PM.

Post #46

------

Comment

• Swiper
                    Legendary Zoner
                    • Sep 2010

Hmmmmmmm.......the whole point is that I know that it will take a couple more years and key acquisitons to make the Bills better and ultimately Pegula needs to get this team back to being competitive and respectable on a consistent basis. Constantly hearing negative remarks over and over again is tiresome and from many people I know, don't get it. As far as the rest of the posters Bills fans , I can't speak for them and they have every right to be opimistic and they're no different than any other of the 31 teams in this league, whether they are good or bad, they stick with their teams.
                    Groan. If you've been a Bills fan for as long as you've said, then you are either dense or stupid. We've been living on the promise of "it will take a couple more years and key acquisitions." We're sick of the Russ Brandon promises. It's ****. They are lies. Go crawl back under the lowly rock you crawled out from under.

- - - Updated - - -

The olnly troll here is the o.p.

Comment

• Mr. Pink
                      Peterman Sucks!
                      • Mar 2006

The Buffalo Bills, only team in the history of sports to be in the middle of a 15+ year rebuild according to some apparently.

Comment

• Fletch
                        • May 2007

Originally posted by Mr. Pink View Post
                        The Buffalo Bills, only team in the history of sports to be in the middle of a 15+ year rebuild according to some apparently.
                        LOL

Good point. It could actually be a 30 or 40-year rebuild if nothing changes.

Post #46

------

Comment

• OpIv37
                          Acid Douching Asswipe
                          • Sep 2002

I've been out of the Buffalo area since 2001 (specifically, DC and Baltimore).

I haven't really met any Bills haters. No one hates bad teams.

When I tell people I'm a Bills fan, I usually get a sympathetic "Oh," like when you tell someone your grandma died 20 years ago. Even when I meet Jets or Dolphins fans, they just say, "dude I just hope you guys beat the Patriots." And while Boston fans are usually douchebags, 2 games a year against the Bills has gone a LONG way toward all their recent success and record breaking. They love us because we're they're whipping boys.

So, I don't know where you are finding these Bills haters.
                          MiKiDo Facebook
                          MiKiDo Website

Comment

• Fletch
                            • May 2007

Originally posted by OpIv37 View Post
                            I've been out of the Buffalo area since 2001 (specifically, DC and Baltimore).

I haven't really met any Bills haters. No one hates bad teams.

When I tell people I'm a Bills fan, I usually get a sympathetic "Oh," like when you tell someone your grandma died 20 years ago. Even when I meet Jets or Dolphins fans, they just say, "dude I just hope you guys beat the Patriots." And while Boston fans are usually douchebags, 2 games a year against the Bills has gone a LONG way toward all their recent success and record breaking. They love us because we're they're whipping boys.

So, I don't know where you are finding these Bills haters.
                            Good point. Now that I think about it pity seems to be the primary emotional offering.

Post #46

------

Comment

• TacklingDummy
                              Unreachable Douche
                              • Jul 2002

Being a Bills fan for as long as I can remember, I'm 43, I am immune to people in the public laughing at my Bills Tshirts/hats.

No one knows the heartbreak/laughter/WTF moments better than Bills fans.

Comment

Working...
                              X