• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • JohnnyGold
    • Dec 2008

Watkins Injured v. Browns/CJ Eligible to return

Two things to keep an eye on at practice this week:
    Buffalo Bills wide receiver Sammy Watkins suffered a hip injury in Sunday's 26-10 win against the Cleveland Browns.

Watkins doesn't sound like he'll be out v. Denver, but may be limited in practice this week.

CJ is eligible to return to practice on Wednesday... will be interesting to see if he is ready to go again. Getting him back for this stretch would be absolutely amazing--cross your fingers!
    Last edited by JohnnyGold; 12-01-2014, 03:09 PM.
  • YardRat
    Well, lookie here...
    • Dec 2004

Re: Watkins Injured v. Browns/CJ Eligible to return

Jeezums Christmas, has this guy been 100% healthy for any game this season?
    YardRat Wall of Fame
    #56 DARRYL TALLEY
    #29 DERRICK BURROUGHS#22 FRED JACKSON #95 KYLE WILLIAMS

Comment

• WagonCircler
      Escaped Convict
      • Jul 2002

Originally posted by YardRat View Post
      Jeezums Christmas, has this guy been 100% healthy for any game this season?
      Yet another reason that you don't spend two #1s and a #4 on one guy.

Comment

• TacklingDummy
        Unreachable Douche
        • Jul 2002

I'd claim I was injured too if I have been ineffective for several weeks now.

Comment

• Fletch
          • May 2007

The Bills took care of the Browns on Sunday at Ralph Wilson Stadium to improve to 7-5 and keep their playoff hopes alive heading into the final month of the regular season.

Originally posted by TacklingDummy View Post
          I'd claim I was injured too if I have been ineffective for several weeks now.
          5 weeks now. But 8 of 12 weeks total while Hogan and Woods have been picking up the slack.

First ribs, then a groin, now a hip. Maybe the CFL would be a better fit.

4 games against the Jets, Minnesota, Miami, and Detroit: 27 catches for 483 yards, 4 TDs and a 17.9 ypr average. Game averages of 7 catches, 121 yards, and 1 TD.

8 other games: 24 catches for 212 yards, 8.8 ypr, 1 TD for game averages of 3 catches for 27 yards and 0 TDs.

I won't bother posting his comps against his rookie peers.

Hopefully he snaps out of this crap and stops getting injured. It's not like he's been taking any more of a beating than any of the other WRs or anything.

Sounds like he's following in Spiller's footsteps on all counts right now though.
          http://www.billszone.com/fanzone/sho...s-haters/page3

Post #46

Originally posted by Yasgur's Farm
          (Moderator) My name's Max Yasgur, and I approve of this post.
          Originally Posted by pmoon6
          The idea that you "won't settle" presumes that you have some kind of control. Delusional thinking at best for a supposed fan of a spectators' sport. Your way to deal with it is to constantly ***** and denigrate any move, any result concerning the team even if it's positive because you don't want your whittle feewings hurt again. It's a protection mechanism.

You shroud your childish approach in a vale of pompous, intellectual garbage in an attempt to look smart and "real". You over-analyze even minute points and manipulate statistics to fit your negative view of the team. Again, to feel good about yourself and to protect from getting hurt.

Of course, the criticisms are obviously from someone who has no understanding of the team concept or what it takes to excel at athletics.

The true "realist" understands that they have no control of what happens on the field or behind the closed doors at One Bills' Drive, so they do the prudent thing for a spectator. They enjoy the games on Sunday with family and friends, cheer for their team and realize that it's just entertainment.
          ------

"I was an integral part in the drafting process of EJ Manuel," Whaley said Thursday on NFL Network's Total Access. "I was the person that handled the draft process and setting up the board."

"We are committed. I want you to believe me when I say that," Whaley said of building around the second-year quarterback, per The Buffalo News. "I always tell you guys that I'll never say never because I don't want to paint myself in a corner, but when I do say something, I do it and I mean it and I try to fulfill it."

"We believe the addition of Sammy is going to be instant impact, not only to our quarterback, but to what our offensive coordinator can come up with game-plan wise and how defenses attack us," Whaley said.

Whaley on EJ Manuel: "We think we got a gem in this guy." (2:30)

"And as Mark says, if in three years maybe he's not [our quarterback of the future], then I'll be sitting there saying 'hey guys', .... anybody got a job for me?" - Doug Whaley

Comment

• BillsImpossible
            • Mar 2013

Originally posted by WagonCircler View Post
            Yet another reason that you don't spend two #1s and a #4 on one guy.
            Oh come on, you're not being fair when you say the Bills gave up two first round picks.

The Bills gave up next year's 2015 1st and 4th round draft picks to move up in the 1st round. They did draft in the first round, correct?

Looks like the Bills are going to finish no worse than 8-8, which means the Browns will be getting a middle of the first round draft pick at best.

That's the 16th pick in the draft, which I think is well worth giving up to get the kind of talent Sammy Watkins has.

Without Sammy Watkins, the Bills wouldn't be 7-5 right now.

Comment

• BillsImpossible
              • Mar 2013

Originally posted by Fletch View Post
              http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com...th-hip-injury/

5 weeks now. But 8 of 12 weeks total while Hogan and Woods have been picking up the slack.

First ribs, then a groin, now a hip. Maybe the CFL would be a better fit.

4 games against the Jets, Minnesota, Miami, and Detroit: 27 catches for 483 yards, 4 TDs and a 17.9 ypr average. Game averages of 7 catches, 121 yards, and 1 TD.

8 other games: 24 catches for 212 yards, 8.8 ypr, 1 TD for game averages of 3 catches for 27 yards and 0 TDs.

I won't bother posting his comps against his rookie peers.

Hopefully he snaps out of this crap and stops getting injured. It's not like he's been taking any more of a beating than any of the other WRs or anything.

Sounds like he's following in Spiller's footsteps on all counts right now though.
              Why are you always so negative?

I swear, even if the Bills won the Super Bowl you'd still post something negative.

'Maybe the CFL would be a better fit.'

Wow, can't believe you said that.

Comment

• YardRat
                Well, lookie here...
                • Dec 2004

Part of the reason for his dip in production is teams have probably been game-planning against him specifically, especially since the NE game. (I know for a fact some have, but haven't paid close enough attention in a couple of games to say all definitely have, as opposed to probably). That's also probably part of the reason Woods and Hogan's numbers have gone up. If he truly is injured, that is certainly a factor also. As far as getting beaten on, the only reported injury (as far as I know) that resulted from contact was the ribs.
                YardRat Wall of Fame
                #56 DARRYL TALLEY
                #29 DERRICK BURROUGHS#22 FRED JACKSON #95 KYLE WILLIAMS

Comment

• WagonCircler
                  Escaped Convict
                  • Jul 2002

Originally posted by BillsImpossible View Post
                  Oh come on, you're not being fair when you say the Bills gave up two first round picks.

The Bills gave up next year's 2015 1st and 4th round draft picks to move up in the 1st round. They did draft in the first round, correct?.
                  This is the most ridiculous, insane argument I've ever heard, and I see it here over and over.

Pretend there's a ledger.

On one side, you have the acquisition. Sammy Watkins........................On the other side, the expenditure. 2014 First Round Pick. 2015 First Round Pick. 2015 Fourth Round Pick.

At the beginning of the day, you had "2014 First Round Pick. 2015 First Round Pick. 2015 Fourth Round Pick." in your pocket.

At the end of the day, you no longer had those. But you had Sammy Watkins.

The price to acquire Sammy Watkins was "2014 First Round Pick. 2015 First Round Pick. 2015 Fourth Round Pick."

There's really nothing to argue about here. It's simple math.

By contrast, let's say we had chosen, instead to draft player X, rather than Sammy Watkins.

We would not have needed to spend the 2015 First Round Draft Choice, nor the 2015 Fourth Round Draft Choice.

We would simply have spent our 2014 First Round Draft Choice.

And at the end of the transaction, we would have Player X, plus next year's 2015 1st and 4th round draft picks.

This logic is infallible, airtight, inarguable.

Comment

• Fletch
                    • May 2007

Originally posted by BillsImpossible View Post
                    Why are you always so negative?

I swear, even if the Bills won the Super Bowl you'd still post something negative.

'Maybe the CFL would be a better fit.'

Wow, can't believe you said that.
                    It's just about all facts.

Which ones bother you?

Post #46

The idea that you "won't settle" presumes that you have some kind of control. Delusional thinking at best for a supposed fan of a spectators' sport. Your way to deal with it is to constantly ***** and denigrate any move, any result concerning the team even if it's positive because you don't want your whittle feewings hurt again. It's a protection mechanism.

You shroud your childish approach in a vale of pompous, intellectual garbage in an attempt to look smart and "real". You over-analyze even minute points and manipulate statistics to fit your negative view of the team. Again, to feel good about yourself and to protect from getting hurt.

Of course, the criticisms are obviously from someone who has no understanding of the team concept or what it takes to excel at athletics.

The true "realist" understands that they have no control of what happens on the field or behind the closed doors at One Bills' Drive, so they do the prudent thing for a spectator. They enjoy the games on Sunday with family and friends, cheer for their team and realize that it's just entertainment.
                    ------

"I was an integral part in the drafting process of EJ Manuel," Whaley said Thursday on NFL Network's Total Access. "I was the person that handled the draft process and setting up the board."

"We are committed. I want you to believe me when I say that," Whaley said of building around the second-year quarterback, per The Buffalo News. "I always tell you guys that I'll never say never because I don't want to paint myself in a corner, but when I do say something, I do it and I mean it and I try to fulfill it."

"We believe the addition of Sammy is going to be instant impact, not only to our quarterback, but to what our offensive coordinator can come up with game-plan wise and how defenses attack us," Whaley said.

"And as Mark says, if in three years maybe he's not [our quarterback of the future], then I'll be sitting there saying 'hey guys', .... anybody got a job for me?" - Doug Whaley

Comment

• Fletch
                      • May 2007

Originally posted by YardRat View Post
                      Part of the reason for his dip in production is teams have probably been game-planning against him specifically, especially since the NE game. (I know for a fact some have, but haven't paid close enough attention in a couple of games to say all definitely have, as opposed to probably). That's also probably part of the reason Woods and Hogan's numbers have gone up. If he truly is injured, that is certainly a factor also. As far as getting beaten on, the only reported injury (as far as I know) that resulted from contact was the ribs.
                      Right, like when Revis and Haden were on him 1-on-1 for most of the game. Not like those guys ever take on the best WRs on other teams or anything.

Oh yeah, what about the other 6 games that he did nothing?

Do you really believe that stuff? Nothing but excuses from you on him. Game planning, then injuries, then double-coverages, then injuries, then poor QB. What did I forget?

You say these things as if you don't watch any other games besides ours and think that these things are unusual in this league.

Post #46

------

Comment

• Downinfloflo
                        Victimizing The Victimizer
                        • Aug 2012

Originally posted by TacklingDummy View Post
                        I'd claim I was injured too if I had Kyle Orton and E.J Manuel as my QB.
                        You're right.

Comment

• SquishDaFish
                          Lets GO BUFFALO!!
                          • Jun 2005

They didnt give up a 1st in 2014 they SWAPPED 1sts BIG DIFFERENCE

Comment

• Fletch
                            • May 2007

Originally posted by SquishDaFish View Post
                            They didnt give up a 1st in 2014 they SWAPPED 1sts BIG DIFFERENCE
                            So your argument is that they didn't use the 1st that they swapped?

Seriously people.

Post #46

------

Comment

• Fletch
                              • May 2007

Originally posted by WagonCircler View Post
                              This is the most ridiculous, insane argument I've ever heard, and I see it here over and over.

Pretend there's a ledger.

On one side, you have the acquisition. Sammy Watkins........................On the other side, the expenditure. 2014 First Round Pick. 2015 First Round Pick. 2015 Fourth Round Pick.

At the beginning of the day, you had "2014 First Round Pick. 2015 First Round Pick. 2015 Fourth Round Pick." in your pocket.

At the end of the day, you no longer had those. But you had Sammy Watkins.

The price to acquire Sammy Watkins was "2014 First Round Pick. 2015 First Round Pick. 2015 Fourth Round Pick."

There's really nothing to argue about here. It's simple math.

By contrast, let's say we had chosen, instead to draft player X, rather than Sammy Watkins.

We would not have needed to spend the 2015 First Round Draft Choice, nor the 2015 Fourth Round Draft Choice.

We would simply have spent our 2014 First Round Draft Choice.

And at the end of the transaction, we would have Player X, plus next year's 2015 1st and 4th round draft picks.

This logic is infallible, airtight, inarguable.
                              You know, I wouldn't even bother trying to explain it anymore.

Let's just insist that Maybin, Whitner, Spiller, etc. were all free picks that didn't cost us a draft pick.

Maybe we can get a free pick in the 1st round in next year's draft just by showing up to the draft for round 1 too. Same logic.

Post #46

------

Comment

Working...
                              X