Thread: The excuse we didnt draft for need is stupid

Thanks
    Thanked 1,948 Times in 1,276 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

The excuse we didnt draft for need is stupid

For starters, positions like RB, LB, and CB were in almost everyones mocks, along with alot of people saying we should go after a TE early. But lets say we reversed what we got and drafted DT, QB, C, DE, S, and OT. DT and DE we have the best unit in the NFL. QB was extremely controversial this year. C, Eric Wood is our most consistent lineman. OT would of made sense, but most would argue that Seantrel deserves another shot, along with everyone instantly writing off Kuandojo all together. Safety would of caused mixed feelings based on Duke and Rambos first year with us, and would of probably turned out like the CB reaction.

So really you could argue every position as a need or not need, its how you view our roster. RB is a need if you dont see anything out of Boobie, and dont trust Freds age and Bryces fumbling. Which is perfectly reasonable. LB is a need if you look at the loss of Spikes and Kiko. CB is a need if you dont trust our CBs based of McKelvins past, Gilmores lack of effort at times, Robeys regression, and the Oakland game that Graham cost us. You can argue every position except honestly kicker as a need.
    Not here to be right, just here to have interesting discussions about my impulsive opinions

2. Post thanked by:

Don't Panic (05-05-2015),Lone Stranger (05-05-2015)

SpikedLemonade

Re: The excuse we didnt draft for need is stupid

Without the 1st and 4th round picks, the draft was what it was.

If they had drafted an OT with the 2nd round pick, I would have been happier.

If they sign Collins who definitely would have been a mid-1st round pick, I am a very happy camper.

Thanks
    Thanked 13,409 Times in 9,123 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Spikes and Kiko weren't losses. The Bills let them walk. Big difference. And the LB they drafted couldn't ever hold a candle to either. Otherwise I'd agree with you. The drafting of a RB (if the plan is to use that guy there) can't bode well for Dixon or Brown. The Bills know FJax is nearing his end, but will clearly let him ride for at least this year.

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Its more of the fact that we let 2 players that were LBs walk and gained no one in free agency. So it would be considered a need based on certain view points.

6. Post thanked by:

swiper (05-06-2015)

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

I am texting off my phone so I apologize for my typos.

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by Cali512 View Post
    For starters, positions like RB, LB, and CB were in almost everyones mocks, along with alot of people saying we should go after a TE early. But lets say we reversed what we got and drafted DT, QB, C, DE, S, and OT. DT and DE we have the best unit in the NFL. QB was extremely controversial this year. C, Eric Wood is our most consistent lineman. OT would of made sense, but most would argue that Seantrel deserves another shot, along with everyone instantly writing off Kuandojo all together. Safety would of caused mixed feelings based on Duke and Rambos first year with us, and would of probably turned out like the CB reaction.

So really you could argue every position as a need or not need, its how you view our roster. RB is a need if you dont see anything out of Boobie, and dont trust Freds age and Bryces fumbling. Which is perfectly reasonable. LB is a need if you look at the loss of Spikes and Kiko. CB is a need if you dont trust our CBs based of McKelvins past, Gilmores lack of effort at times, Robeys regression, and the Oakland game that Graham cost us. You can argue every position except honestly kicker as a need.
    Carpenter isn't getting any younger...
    Diehard BillGator... best of both worlds

Thanks
    Thanked 3,698 Times in 2,473 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by Cali512 View Post
    Its more of the fact that we let 2 players that were LBs walk and gained no one in free agency. So it would be considered a need based on certain view points.
    In the coming months there will be many players cut around the NFL.

Many will be cut because they suck, but some will be cut because they got caught up in a numbers game.

I would expect the Bills to pick up a player or two that were discarded by another team that will have value to the Bills.

Thanks
    Thanked 10,254 Times in 6,469 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by better days View Post
    In the coming months there will be many players cut around the NFL.

Many will be cut because they suck, but some will be cut because they got caught up in a numbers game.

I would expect the Bills to pick up a player or two that were discarded by another team that will have value to the Bills.
    One man's trash is another's treasure!

Thanks
    Thanked 3,698 Times in 2,473 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Pink View Post
    One man's trash is another's treasure!
    Exactly, I treasure Jerry Hughes.