Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: worst reffed game ive seen

Thanks
    Thanked 5,989 Times in 3,525 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Re: worst reffed game ive seen

That was a poorly reffed game for both sides. Bills fans have to be the biggest whiners about refs though, so predictable.

2. Post thanked by:

CommissarSpartacus (11-24-2015),Mr. Pink (11-24-2015)

Thanks
    Thanked 3,218 Times in 1,859 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

This year has been really bad for refs. Every game I've watched I feel like there is zero flow. Too many committees. Too many random calls. At this point just let them play.

As for this game, typical smaller bs calls early like the graham holding, there was a helmet to helmet on woods uncalled. The inadvertent whistle was garbage. There were time Brady grounded the ball inside the pocket. Those are momentum turners. I think the refs were so proud that they didn't call a roughing he passer call that they just let everything else go

it is important to keep a team with almost no starters dominant. It makes no sense. The Cowboys lose romo and they can't win a game without him. The pats lose everyone else and they score 20 points. It isn't right. And it is not because there is one smart coach. It is because they are doing stuff and get breaks that no other team gets.

Registered User CommissarSpartacus's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 21,005 Times in 13,342 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by chernobylwraiths View Post
    So, Darby gives up on the play. He almost certainly would have been able to tackle him for minimal more gain. AND they added 15 yards on it as well.
    No disagreement here. Amendola had Darby beat, the completion would have been made even if the whistle hadn't been blown, but he had to slow up for the ball and Darby would have been on him before he could move more than three or four yards.

So, spotting the ball at the point of the catch was the fair thing to do.

And, ONCE AGAIN, Rex costs the team 15 yds because he he can't control himself on the sideline. If I remember correctly, he cost the team in the first Pats game too.
    My tebya razdavim

5. Post thanked by:

jimmifli (11-24-2015)

Registered User chernobylwraiths's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,775 Times in 1,070 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by Spartacus View Post
    No disagreement here. Amendola had Darby beat, the completion would have been made even if the whistle hadn't been blown, but he had to slow up for the ball and Darby would have been on him before he could move more than three or four yards.

And, ONCE AGAIN, Rex costs the team 15 yds because he he can't control himself on the sideline. If I remember correctly, he cost the team in the first Pats game too.
    If the whistle blows while the ball is in the air, they are supposed to just replay the play.

Believe me, I am hearing MUCH more than is even on here. I haven't read the whole thing but...
    On the TD by the Pats, the refs were extremely quick at spotting the ball so that NE could catch us offsides. BUT, in the last two minute of the GAME, (I didn't watch) I heard the refs actually let time roll off the clock discussing whether Woods made a first down or not and never put that time back on the clock, plus, after a fumble by the Bills, they took their sweet time spotting that ball too. And don't forget the last play of the game where Watkins without being touched fell and pushed himself out of bounds. "He gave himself up" is the most ridiculous argument that can be made. Of COURSE he would just give up on the last play of the game and didn't even try to get out of bounds.

7. Post thanked by:

Lone Stranger (11-24-2015),Victor7 (11-24-2015),YardRat (11-24-2015)

Thanks
    Thanked 8,492 Times in 4,868 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Yeah, it was the fair thing to do...but it wasn't the CORRECT thing to do. The play was whistled dead before the ball was caught, and there is zero doubt about that.

I really have no problem with it being called a catch, but there was a circumvention of the rules by the refs to mask their own blunder. How many times have you seen the refs throw away the book in favor of what's fair? In effect, all the refs did was knowingly break a rule to favor one team. On the other hand, maybe they really didn't know where the ball was when the whistle was blown, which wouldn't surprise me either.

The bottom line is that the refs screwed up big-time, and this is what we are left with.

The only thing that bothers me about it is the sentiment that the Patriots were robbed of a 70-yard touchdown because of the inadvertent whistle. Lots of people think that, and it isn't true in all likelihood.

9. Post thanked by:

Victor7 (11-24-2015),YardRat (11-24-2015)

Thanks
    Thanked 8,924 Times in 4,182 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

And, ONCE AGAIN, Rex costs the team 15 yds because he he can't control himself on the sideline.
    Can you imagine Rex trying to talk to Henderson about his two penalties after he himself was flagged for the most undisciplined penalty of the game?

That just kills his credibility.

11. Post thanked by:

CommissarSpartacus (11-24-2015)

Thanks
    Thanked 1,137 Times in 574 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

I wrote extensively before the game about Steratore. I even posted a video of a game in 2011 in which he directly cost us big time. He didn't disappoint. A miserable referee if I've ever seen one.

Terrible calls all day long. For both sides? For sure but I honestly feel we got more as usual.

And yes we lost because of our own mistakes. I'm not blaming the zebras AT ALL but for ****s sake stop interfering so much. Stop costing teams plays, points and momentum.

13. Post thanked by:

feldspar (11-24-2015),trapezeus (11-24-2015)

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Has anyone ever seen an official MORE off the field than that guy during that play? I certainly can't recall seeing an official that far out of bounds.

Now, I just read an article which states that that official got run into during a game and broke 9 ribs. The inference, that since the play was coming toward him, he got so scared that he blew the whistle.

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Why does everyone rush to the "I'm not blaming the officials for this loss" line? Of course the players have to play and make plays, but when the officials make it difficult by not applying the rules equally to both teams and make egregious errors, then what can you do. You think we as fans are frustrated when this happens, how frustrated do you think the players are? And they are supposed to just put it behind them. Hey, they are human after all and they want to win a lot more than you or I do.

16. Post thanked by:

trapezeus (11-24-2015)

One Bills Drive, Georgia - 871 miles south of Orchard Park gebobs's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 6,455 Times in 3,965 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by trapezeus View Post
    There were time Brady grounded the ball inside the pocket.
    I don't agree. The one time he tossed it away in the pocket that I know of and it was right at the running back's feet.
    Lehner's history. He just doesn't know it yet.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,137 Times in 574 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Pats td run should not have counted either

Read it and weep. Yet another error from Mr. Sterastupid.

Pretty cool for a Fin Fan. Jaydog57's Avatar
    Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Y'all got robbed in that game. Total b.s. They need to change the name to the B.B.F.L. The Belichick & Brady Football League. That is all.
    "There ought to be a room in every house to swear in. It's dangerous to have to repress an emotion like that." - Mark Twain

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Why does everyone rush to the "I'm not blaming the officials for this loss" line? Of course the players have to play and make plays, but when the officials make it difficult by not applying the rules equally to both teams and make egregious errors, then what can you do.
    The refs sucked. Were they impartially suckful? No. Could the game gone Buffalo's way if they were in Buffalo's favor? Undoubtedly. The fact remains, the Bills sucked totally.

You think we as fans are frustrated when this happens, how frustrated do you think the players are?
    If the players aren't doing some critical self-examination, they need to. That game is over and there are two all-important games coming up. Lose either and the season is on life support. Lose both and it's ready for Dr. Kevorkian. Fine for us fans, but focusing on the officiating last night is exactly what they should not do.

Yes, the refs sucked and we can ***** and moan about it all day. But there were just too many mistakes, not enough balling, not enough urgency to even think about laying a disputed claim to that game.

The Bills better tighten up and but good. Alex Smith is no Brady, but he's no slouch either. Their whole team has kicked into high gear while the Bills have followed an inconsistent game with a downright awful one. And Houston...don't look now but they have won 4 of 5.

So go ahead and moan about the refs. The next few weeks will tell, but it's hard to think these guys are playoff caliber.

Thanks
    Thanked 8,492 Times in 4,868 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Has anyone ever seen an official MORE off the field than that guy during that play? I certainly can't recall seeing an official that far out of bounds.
    This is an excellent point.

The Line Judge was ON the Bills' sideline, a good yard away from the white chalk. That may be the largest contribution to the problem on that play. I don't really think that he belonged where he was in the first place. Am I wrong?

And Rex never blocked that ref's view of Brady throwing that ball while still in the field of play at all...not at all. The guy just decided to blow the whistle for his own reasons.
    Last edited by feldspar; 11-24-2015 at 10:59 AM.

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by Victor7 View Post
    Pats td run should not have counted either
    Jesus...really? You're going to make a call from a bleacher camera? Good grief. Yeah...we got jobbed because Chandler might have had a heel on the green a microsecond before Brady got the snap while the Bills player was sprinting in the middle of the field 15 yards behind the line of scrimmage. LOL

But yeah...totally should have called that. I'm sure the Bills would have stooped Brady with 1st and goal at the 6.

There were some bad calls. Not this.

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by gebobs View Post
    So go ahead and moan about the refs. The next few weeks will tell, but it's hard to think these guys are playoff caliber.
    Actually, that is a playoff caliber defense. They made Brady look average. Brady is just damned good, and an average QB against that defense will look much worse. Taylor has to learn to anticipate more.

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Jesus...really? You're going to make a call from a bleacher camera? Good grief. Yeah...we got jobbed because Chandler might have had a heel on the green a microsecond before Brady got the snap while the Bills player was sprinting in the middle of the field 15 yards behind the line of scrimmage. LOL

But yeah...totally should have called that. I'm sure the Bills would have stooped Brady with 1st and goal at the 6.

Actually, I believe Mike Carey made that call saying they should have given the Bills sufficient time to prepare. It's on ESPN I believe.

Making Spirits Bright Joe Fo Sho's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,595 Times in 1,857 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

I think they're saying it's a substitution issue. I didn't read the article, but if the offense substitutes they need to give sufficient time for the defense to do the same thing. When Chandler ran onto the field, it was kind of like a fake substitution which caused us to be offsides. I don't think that's fair, especially because this substitution rule is relatively new and recently has been a point of emphasis.

I was screaming this at the TV, but again they didn't hear me.

26. Post thanked by:

Victor7 (11-24-2015)

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by feldspar View Post
    This is an excellent point.

The Line Judge was ON the Bills' sideline, a good yard away from the white chalk. That may be the largest contribution to the problem on that play. I don't really think that he belonged where he was in the first place. Am I wrong?
    There is no restriction placed on officials. If they stray too far off field to avoid being run over by players, that's up to them. If their view is obscured, as a result, by the team on the sideline, that's too bad. If however, someone is in the white, that's field encroachment.

And Rex never blocked that ref's view of Brady throwing that ball while still in the field of play at all...not at all. The guy just decided to blow the whistle for his own reasons.

The SJ is on the far right. Amendola is making his move on top. In between there is Ryan looking to make a tackle or something.

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by Joe Fo Sho View Post
    I think they're saying it's a substitution issue. I didn't read the article, but if the offense substitutes they need to give sufficient time for the defense to do the same thing. When Chandler ran onto the field, it was kind of like a fake substitution which caused us to be offsides. I don't think that's fair, especially because this substitution rule is relatively new and recently has been a point of emphasis.

I was screaming this at the TV, but again they didn't hear me.
    Ah...ok. More cheater crap. Always gotta be one step ahead of Belichick. Or at least not two behind.

Still, and this is no consolation I'm sure, but I'd bet dollars to dinars they would have scored anyway.