Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: 5 negatives of this Bills team

Thanks
    Thanked 10,254 Times in 6,469 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Re: 5 negatives of this Bills team

Quote Originally Posted by Jan Reimers View Post
    Does anyone actually think that Russ Brandon still has ANY influence on the football side of the organization?
    I just think he's an easy scapegoat for a lot of fans.

He probably has minimal input and has to do with what the best way to sell this crap product, year after year, to the fanbase.

Since he's very good at selling a turd sandwich and has proven as such the past decade, I'm sure his minimal input is taken seriously.

Haha...yeah you think so ? Mace's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 16,509 Times in 9,198 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Does anyone actually think that Russ Brandon still has ANY influence on the football side of the organization?
    You mean since the coaching change when Tim Graham, Vic Carucci, John Wawrow, and Mike Rodak reported his involvement ?

Not sure what would have stopped it unless Pegulas wised up to him since.

3. Post thanked by:

Slick (07-04-2016)

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

#1 have a career under 500 head coach

#2 Quarterback position is still a big question mark

#3 o-line still has question marks and lacks sufficient depth.

#4 Defense has only really upgraded 1 position and thats linebacker, we lost a #1 overall pick and replaced him with a #1 19 pick who will miss half the season, also lost Mckelvin who contributed very well last year so the defense might not be dominate as everyone hopes for.

#5 Salary's to players that are just good players not elite. we have given out huge contacts to guys like Glenn who has never been a pro bowler or voted by his peers in the top 100 yet is getting paid as the 3rd best tackle in the league. these kind of salary's will keep a team in the basement unless the players with the big contracts are Bruce Smith types not Cory Glenn types.

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

1) The 90's Bills....they should keep their mouths shut, including Kelly, as last I looked they don't have SB rings
    2) Rob Ryan....dumb hire and surprised it was allowed
    3) Russ Brandon
    4) EJ Manuel.... If he's the backup we can count on some losses
    5) RT...we don't have one

Thanks
    Thanked 26,406 Times in 13,791 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

It doesn't matter. He's created a culture where winning is secondary to marketability. The organization doesn't value football success as long as the bottom line is good.

7. Post thanked by:

Slick (07-04-2016)

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by OpIv37 View Post
    It doesn't matter. He's created a culture where winning is secondary to marketability. The organization doesn't value football success as long as the bottom line is good.
    It does matter. Because 4 beat writers reported it and there isn't any point in pretending otherwise. They could have remained successfully marketable with a good bottom line if they found a coach who produced a better team, even more so. It matters in the present.

It matters again in the future if this version sinks like a rock because there he is again "helping" choose the next unless he's been marginalized.

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by Mace View Post
    It does matter. Because 4 beat writers reported it and there isn't any point in pretending otherwise. They could have remained successfully marketable with a good bottom line if they found a coach who produced a better team, even more so. It matters in the present.

It matters again in the future if this version sinks like a rock because there he is again "helping" choose the next unless he's been marginalized.
    First, Brandon is a snake oil salesman. Just because he told reporters he isn't involved in football decisions doesn't make it so.

Second, like I've already said, he's created a culture that doesn't value winning.

Third, there are some people still employed at the top of this organization who have a LOT of blood on their hands for all the losing. The fact that they are still there creates a lack of accountability.

It's complete organizational failure and Brandon still being there represents both causes and symptoms.

10. Post thanked by:

Mace (07-07-2016),Slick (07-05-2016)

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by OpIv37 View Post
    First, Brandon is a snake oil salesman. Just because he told reporters he isn't involved in football decisions doesn't make it so.
    We seem to have gotten signals crossed. I am arguing he IS involved in football decisions and that it does matter that he is (which I do not at all think is good), after you said in the post above my reply that it doesn't matter IF he is.

It matters a lot.

12. Post thanked by:

OpIv37 (07-07-2016)

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by Mace View Post
    We seem to have gotten signals crossed. I am arguing he IS involved in football decisions and that it does matter that he is (which I do not at all think is good), after you said in the post above my reply that it doesn't matter IF he is.

It matters a lot.
    My bad- I think I misread what you said. Seems we are on the same page.

14. Post thanked by:

Mace (07-07-2016)