Page 21 of 25 FirstFirst ... 11171819202122232425 LastLast

Thread: We got the win, but...

Unreachable Douche
    Thanks
    Thanked 6,943 Times in 4,386 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Re: We got the win, but...

We think Opi is bad. For some reason Miami threads show up on my Facebook page. Damn, it's like 1000 Opi's posting.

2. Post thanked by:

Gibby 2.0 (12-12-2022),notacon (12-12-2022)

Thanks
    Thanked 11,786 Times in 7,828 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by Forward_Lateral View Post
    I guess it depends on what your definition of "good football" is. Yesterday was an ugly, rainy, windy mess, filled with mistakes, mostly by the O-line and the WRs. The game was really never in question after they scored to go up 14-7.

Could it have easily been 28-10? Sure. But they scored on 4 straight drives, when they needed to, in sub par conditions, and put the game out of reach. Anyone who's watched the NFL this year knows that the Jets have one of the best defenses in the league, and that it wasn't going to be a boat race.
    I’ve been telling Opi for some time....the NFL is NOT like college football where who you beat (or lose to) and HOW you do it matter greatly in the rankings.

Rankings that are, essentially, sports writers opinions.

There are NO “style” points added to or taken away or added to any win....or style points added in a tough loss. Thee are no “moral victories” when the standings are compiled.

I never doubted the Bills would win yesterday. NEVER.

Making Spirits Bright Joe Fo Sho's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,595 Times in 1,857 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by OpIv37 View Post
    ceiling is a WC and a first round exit.
    We are 2 games up in our division with 4 games to go. Oh, and we're the number seed in the AFC.

Predictions like this, where you claim our CEILING is a wildcard team, are what gives you zero credit here. Maybe it's that you don't know what a ceiling is?

5. Post thanked by:

notacon (12-13-2022),Novacane (12-14-2022)

Thanks
    Thanked 26,394 Times in 13,783 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by Joe Fo Sho View Post
    We are 2 games up in our division with 4 games to go. Oh, and we're the number seed in the AFC.

Predictions like this, where you claim our CEILING is a wildcard team, are what gives you zero credit here. Maybe it's that you don't know what a ceiling is?
    Maybe it’s that the team was playing really poorly and people here refuse to see the long term implications. We are letting bad teams hang around one of them is going to catch us. And we still have to play Miami and Cincy

Thanks
    Thanked 5,985 Times in 3,522 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Kind of funny how that game played out. Flacco has completely lost it. I know everyone gave White props for toughness, which he deserved, but I wonder if they totally panicked when Flacco fumbled on the 1st play in. White was probably in the locker room in a chair getting a breath when they called in with the SOS

Thanks
    Thanked 5,985 Times in 3,522 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Maybe it’s that the team was playing really poorly and people here refuse to see the long term implications. We are letting bad teams hang around one of them is going to catch us. And we still have to play Miami and Cincy
    10-3

9. Post thanked by:

Joe Fo Sho (12-14-2022),Mad Bomber (12-13-2022),notacon (12-13-2022)

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by Forward_Lateral View Post
    I guess it depends on what your definition of "good football" is. Yesterday was an ugly, rainy, windy mess, filled with mistakes, mostly by the O-line and the WRs. The game was really never in question after they scored to go up 14-7.

Could it have easily been 28-10? Sure. But they scored on 4 straight drives, when they needed to, in sub par conditions, and put the game out of reach. Anyone who's watched the NFL this year knows that the Jets have one of the best defenses in the league, and that it wasn't going to be a boat race.
    I don’t disagree with everything you’re saying, but I gotta call bull**** on any fan saying they knew this game was in the bag. No need to lie to yourselves to feel better. Unless you became a Bills fan last week, you know a game is never really over with this team. Hell, I didn’t think the New England game was over last year till the Sanders TD put them up 30.

The chest-puffing is even more hollow considering the Minnesota game, where the Vikes faced much longer odds.

I’m happy we won, but I’m getting a very faux feeling from this team. Hopefully they prove me wrong and keep winning. God knows we need HFA, no way on god’s green earth we’re beating Mahomes or Burrow in their backyard in the playoffs with this CS
    Last edited by Chet; 12-12-2022 at 09:31 AM.

11. Post thanked by:

OpIv37 (12-12-2022)

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Except the team was NOT “playing really poorly”.

One has to redefine what “playing really poorly” even means. Just like your boneheaded predictions that are almost always wrong, your definition of what it means to be “playing really poorly” is WAY off base and lacks any credibility.

Unreachable Douche
    Thanks
    Thanked 6,943 Times in 4,386 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

I did not know Opi was a woman.

“The worst fans really are the women. They don’t get critical journalism. They’re all wannabe cheerleaders”

-Jerry Sullivan

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

EPIC SUCKAGE

Thanks
    Thanked 30,649 Times in 17,504 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

You can make it about me. Until we fail, yet again.
    You could acknowledge they have a possibility to succeed until they actually do fail again instead of consistently proclaiming it's already a foregone conclusion. You like to prop up your "in the end I'm right" narrative as if that's some kind of accomplishment, but in reality if one looks at your 'guarantees' one-by-one you are wrong far more than you are right. And, finally, the person that 'makes it about you' the most is you.
    YardRat Wall of Fame
    #56 DARRYL TALLEY
    #29 DERRICK BURROUGHS#22 FRED JACKSON #95 KYLE WILLIAMS

16. Post thanked by:

Night Train (12-14-2022),Novacane (12-14-2022),senseofdoom (12-15-2022),Skooby (12-14-2022)

Registered User Forward_Lateral's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 8,119 Times in 4,302 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by Chet View Post
    I don’t disagree with everything you’re saying, but I gotta call bull**** on any fan saying they knew this game was in the bag. No need to lie to yourselves to feel better. Unless you became a Bills fan last week, you know a game is never really over with this team. Hell, I didn’t think the New England game was over last year till the Sanders TD put them up 30.

The chest-puffing is even more hollow considering the Minnesota game, where the Vikes faced much longer odds.

I’m happy we won, but I’m getting a very faux feeling from this team. Hopefully they prove me wrong and keep winning. God knows we need HFA, no way on god’s green earth we’re beating Mahomes or Burrow in their backyard in the playoffs with this CS
    The Jets weren't really doing anything to scare me, I'm being 100% honest. After the Bills went up 14-7, I knew the game was over. I believe the Jets went 3 and out the next 3 drives? They really couldn't do much at all. The D played one of it's best games of the year, IMO

Thanks
    Thanked 12,490 Times in 7,330 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by notacon View Post
    They have flaws too. Just very hard to take advantage of.

More importantly, their last SIX wins have come against relatively weak teams. The toughest game and team (besides the one they LOST, at HOME vs Washington) was NYG that over performed the first seven weeks of the season, and have now won only ONE of their last SIX games. That against the worst team in the NFL, Houston.

The other wins were against....

Tennessee - who have imploded losing three in a row and four of their last six.
    Green Bay - having their worst season in years.
    Indy - a dumpster fire of a franchise.
    Houston - worst team in the league by a HUGE margin
    Pittsburgh - with raw rookie Pickett, at home, in the worst season in Mike Tomlin’s 15 year career as HC

Philly has been insulated playing in the NFC and have not played ANY of the best teams in the AFC. This is the cakewalk schedule vs AFC teams....

Jax - 5-8
    Pittsburgh - 5-8
    Houston - 1-11-1
    Indy - 4-8
    Tenn - 7-6 and fading fast.

BIG WHOOP!!!
    I agree but you've gotta admit Hurts looks really really good.

19. Post thanked by:

Night Train (12-14-2022),notacon (12-14-2022)

Thanks
    Thanked 5,219 Times in 3,688 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Being #1 in the AFC really put a damper on this crap on our team thread, always looking for issues.

Registered User kscdogbillsfan1221's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,917 Times in 2,093 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by TacklingDummy View Post
    We think Opi is bad. For some reason Miami threads show up on my Facebook page. Damn, it's like 1000 Opi's posting.
    for me, i get new england **** all the time

and i keep xing it out.
    I came.
    I saw.
    I conquered.

22. Post thanked by:

TacklingDummy (12-14-2022)

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by Novacane View Post
    I agree but you've gotta admit Hurts looks really really good.
    Absolutely. He is a bona fide MVP candidate this year.

Don’t get me wrong, Philly is an elite team. No doubt. Best in the NFC by a significant margin. (although San Fran could possibly be better, even with “Mr. Irrelevant” at QB)

My observations is that the declaration that they are the best in the NFL is questionable. They have flaws but have not played against the teams that may be more capable to expose those flaws.

They have not played against, nor will they until the Super Bowl if they get there, the best teams in the AFC....Buffalo, KC and Cincy.

Cincy was not playing their best football earlier in the season....but they are now.

The one team in the NFC that is equal to Philly, is San Fran. They have not played against each other, nor will they until the playoffs. Would anyone be surprised if San Fran knocks off Philly???

Only one of the three best AFC teams have played against either of the two best NFC teams (Philly and San Fran...I do not count Dallas as one of the best NFC teams at the level of Philly and SanFran....too inconsistent and I believe Dak is a choker....they showed how vulnerable they are with their shockingly bad performance, at home against Houston....the bona fide worst team, by far, in the NFL)...

That was KC vs San Fran. and KC beat them quite handily on the road.

Again, Philly is a solid, well rounded, excellently coached team with an elite QB and elite WR's that will be handful for any team. I just believe they have been insulated by playing in the NFC and had the luck of the NFL schedule rotation and pulling the the weakest division in the AFC....the AFC South and fairly weak NFC North, with Green Bay stinking up the place and playing Detroit and Minnesota early in the year (first two games of the season) and Chicago.

Even the teams that they were scheduled against outside the usual divisional rotations were crappier teams....Arizona and Pittsburgh. Plus the every other year rotation of home and away for the 17th game has them with nine home games and eight away.

Their 17th game this year was against crappy New Orleans.

Basically, Philly got every scheduling break go their way.

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by Skooby View Post
    Being #1 in the AFC really put a damper on this crap on our team thread, always looking for issues.
    It’s not “looking for issues.” If you are watching the games, then you have to be seeing them. They slap you in the face.

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

It’s not “looking for issues.” If you are watching the games, then you have to be seeing them. They slap you in the face.

10-3. #1 seed in the AFC. Apparently the Bills aren't the only team with issues.

26. Post thanked by:

notacon (12-15-2022)

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by Novacane View Post
    10-3. #1 seed in the AFC. Apparently the Bills aren't the only team with issues.
    Once again, they’re the only supposed “contender” displaying constant issues every game since Halloween.

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

10-3. #1 seed.