• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • sukie
    Seriously?
    • Sep 2012

Re: Frazier gone but not forgotten???

Holcomb’s hiring 3 weeks prior to LFs exit is what is considered evidence. Leslie was DC and assistant head coach. They made up an opening for Holcomb.

Comment

• sukie
      Seriously?
      • Sep 2012

At 64 years old, Leslie Frazier is older than many current suits in the NFL. However, with the years of coaching experience he has behind him (24 of them in the NFL), he certainly has a wealth of knowledge to bring to his next opportunity.
      However, Frazier added that if he doesn’t get an offer to coach again, he’ll still be okay.
      “If that doesn’t happen, I’m good. I’ve had a good career. I’m good.”
      We’ll be keeping our eyes open to see if and where Leslie Frazier ends up in 2024, even though it most likely won’t be back in Western New York with Buffalo.

Read More: Leslie Frazier Revealing He Wants To Be Head Coach | https://wyrk.com/leslie-frazier-head...edium=referral

doesn’t sound like he’s gonna be DC in 2024 . So much for a sabbatical.

Comment

• Goobylal
        • Jan 2004

Originally posted by notacon View Post
        That is a fair assessment....but not necessarily reality.

We never will really know exactly what the delineation of responsibility was for Holcomb vs Frazier. Possibly never will. If anyone can dig it out, it will be writers like Tyler Dunn and Tim Graham.

Frazier did have the official title of “Assistant head coach” besides defensive coordinator from 2020 to 2022.

“Senior Defensive Assistant” does not sound like it was “demotion” of Frazier.

Frazier had the official title of only defensive coordinator from 2017 to 2019. When he was named “Assistant Head Coach” before the 2020 season....that did not mean that McDermott was “demoted”.

Although, without knowing the politics inside the organization, and how that hiring came about....it’s all speculation.
        Holcomb was (just) hired after Frazier left. He was his replacement. He won't be calling plays, like Frazier wasn't going to be doing anymore. If McD intended for Frazier to continue calling plays, he would have hired another DC.

Comment

• Novacane
          • Jul 2002

Originally posted by sukie View Post
          At 64 years old, Leslie Frazier is older than many current suits in the NFL. However, with the years of coaching experience he has behind him (24 of them in the NFL), he certainly has a wealth of knowledge to bring to his next opportunity.
          However, Frazier added that if he doesn’t get an offer to coach again, he’ll still be okay.
          We’ll be keeping our eyes open to see if and where Leslie Frazier ends up in 2024, even though it most likely won’t be back in Western New York with Buffalo.

Read More: Leslie Frazier Revealing He Wants To Be Head Coach | https://wyrk.com/leslie-frazier-head...edium=referral

doesn’t sound like he’s gonna be DC in 2024 . So much for a sabbatical.

He's old and he failed his first chance at HC. I think his chances are slim to none at a 2nd chance but wish him well. Nice guy but I'm glad he's not calling our defenses anymore.

Comment

• notacon
            • Aug 2012

Originally posted by Goobylal View Post
            Holcomb was (just) hired after Frazier left. He was his replacement. He won't be calling plays, like Frazier wasn't going to be doing anymore. If McD intended for Frazier to continue calling plays, he would have hired another DC.
            That is not accurate. Al Holcomb was hired on Feb 9. Frazier announced his leave on Feb 28.

Comment

• notacon
              • Aug 2012

What is becoming clearer is that Frazier leave may have been more from frustration with McDermott’s leadership, which is coming under legitimate questions about his ability to lead the team as noted in this thread.

Do the Bills have a Sean McDermott Problem???

Maybe, just like Diggs, Frazier was frustrated with the obvious shortcomings of a head coach.

Combined with Frazier’s clear desire and frustration with getting a HC position this is much more likely than the “he was fired” meme that is coming from the same posters that have criticized Frazier (most time unjustified) for some time.

Comment

• notacon
                • Aug 2012

Originally posted by Novacane View Post
                He's old and he failed his first chance at HC. I think his chances are slim to none at a 2nd chance but wish him well. Nice guy but I'm glad he's not calling our defenses anymore.
                That may be true, but it is becoming clear that McDermott had a HUGE say on defensive play calling. McDermott’s possible meddling in the 13 seconds debacle give me NO comfort that play calling is going to be any better.

Be careful what you wish for. McDermott ****ed up the 13 seconds but good.

Faith in him is fading fast.
                Last edited by notacon; 06-19-2023, 03:50 PM.

Comment

• notacon
                  • Aug 2012

Originally posted by Goobylal View Post
                  BTW...this is illogical...very illogical.

As Tim Graham said after the Frazier announced year off.....

Sweeping changes aren’t coming to Buffalo’s defensive schemes, which have thrived for several years despite consecutive postseason collapses.
                  The Bills this week expressed little concern about making a smooth transition because there won’t be much of one.

Though fans acted as though Frazier locked McDermott out of closed-door defensive meetings and unilaterally called blitzes and coverages without input, the Bills always have, in fact, deployed McDermott’s defensive desires.

That’s why the Bills still might not have staged a search for Frazier’s replacement even if he’d informed them of his plans immediately after the season. Maybe they would have interviewed Vic Fangio and Steve Wilks, but my sense is there would not have been a hot pursuit of anybody outside the organization.

Sure looks like you don't bother to read or give any serous thought to the evidence.

The exact OPPOSITE can be gleaned from the Bills not hiring a DC....as in.....

'If McD intended for Frazier to NOT continue calling plays, he would have hired another DC.'

NOT hiring a replacement DC reflects the mindset of not changing the strategy.

Comment

• sukie
                    Seriously?
                    • Sep 2012

Comment

• Novacane
                      • Jul 2002

That may be true, but it is becoming clear that McDermott had a HUGE say on defensive play calling. McDermott’s possible meddling in the 13 seconds debacle give me NO comfort that play calling is going to be any better.

I don't have blind faith in McD. Him and Frazier were two peas in a pod as far as I'm concerned. If not for the JA pick McDermott would likely be coaching someones secondary right now. I'm holding out hope that McD will change his philosophy because he realizes it's put up or shut up time. He has always found a scapegoat. The fingers going to pointing at him next year.

Comment

• Goobylal
                        • Jan 2004

BTW...this is illogical...very illogical.

As Tim Graham said after the Frazier announced year off.....

Sure looks like you don't bother to read or give any serous thought to the evidence.

The exact OPPOSITE can be gleaned from the Bills not hiring a DC....as in.....

'If McD intended for Frazier to NOT continue calling plays, he would have hired another DC.'

NOT hiring a replacement DC reflects the mindset of not changing the strategy.
                        I don't have blind faith in McD. Him and Frazier were two peas in a pod as far as I'm concerned. If not for the JA pick McDermott would likely be coaching someones secondary right now. I'm holding out hope that McD will change his philosophy because he realizes it's put up or shut up time. He has always found a scapegoat. The fingers going to pointing at him next year.
                        People seem to forget about 2017. You know, the season where everyone thought they were tanking for Darnold (LOL!) but instead made the playoffs. That's why McD gets the BOTD.

And I guess it needs to be said out loud: Frazier is directly responsible for the failings of the defense in the playoffs and that's why he McD took over play-calling and why Frazier never got another HC'ing gig.

As for the play-calling being the same with McD, wrong. No two coaches are the same. That being said, it's McD's show now and if the team has a poor showing in the playoffs again, specifically on defense, the seat for McD will start getting warm.
                        Last edited by Goobylal; 06-19-2023, 08:03 PM.

Comment

• k-oneputt
                          • Jun 2009

Who cares how Frazier is gone. Be glad he is, it’s a plus and an upgrade.

Comment

• jamze132
                            Don’t hate…
                            • Jun 2003

A distinction without a difference.

You can think anything you want. But there is no evidence that happened.
                            That’s the most intelligent thing I’ve ever read from you: “You can think anything you want”. If you could only remember that every time you attack a poster for having a differing opinion…
                            Last edited by jamze132; 06-20-2023, 06:45 AM.

Comment

• Novacane
                              • Jul 2002

Again, there is no evidence to support this, at all.

Did you ever stop to think that's exactly how the Bills wanted it?

Comment

• notacon
                                • Aug 2012

Did you ever stop to think that's exactly how the Bills wanted it?
                                All the time. As soon as there is any credible evidence of that, I will reassess my opinion.

As of now, ALL the evidence supports the opposite....and the evidence is what I base my opinion on.

The more important question is...did you ever stop to actually listen and respect all the evidence and think that Frazier did NOT get fired and his statements (and of Beane) of what he did and why are heartfelt and accurate?

Comment

Working...
                                X