Page 14 of 74 FirstFirst ... 41011121314151617182464 ... LastLast

Thread: All news NFL

Thanks
    Thanked 7,693 Times in 6,229 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Re: All news NFL

“I am grateful for my 11 years as GM of the San Diego/LA Chargers,” Telesco wrote. “It was an experience my family and I will never forget. The NFL is a people business and I am thankful for the hard work, time sacrificed and loyalty of so many. Thank you Players, Coaches, Scouts, Trainers, Doctors, Video, Equipment, Public Relations, Grounds Crew, Security, Player Engagement, Digital Media, and specifically Ed McGuire and JoJo Wooden. We are looking forward to our next chapter and we will always be Bolt Fans.”

Tom Telesco says thank you to the Chargers - NBC Sports

1) Ari
    2)@ Mia
    3) Jac
    4)@ Bal
    5)@ Hou
    6)@ Jet
    7) Ten
    8)@ Sea

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

“I feel like this is a great move for me at this stage of my career,” he said, via the Pittsburgh Tribune-Review. “We have good corners who can be a cornerstone for this team. This could be my second career.”Steelers coach Mike Tomlin said Peterson’s ability to be a jack of all trades is one of the reasons Pittsburgh signed him. “Position flexibility and his willingness and ability to do that really has allowed us to function,” Tomlin said. “But given a normal cycle in terms of preparedness, it’s going to be less of an issue.” The Steelers are fighting for their playoff lives and hoping that Peterson can have a big day at a new position.

Patrick Peterson glad to move to free safety, thinks it can extend his career - NBC Sports

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Steelers want Mike Tomlin back, with an extension - NBC Sports

In fact, a source with knowledge of the situation tells PFT that the Steelers intend to extend Tomlin’s contract before the 2024 season begins. Already, Tomlin is directly involved in roster planning for 2024 and 2025. He’s giving no indication that he’s unhappy or disgruntled or ready for something new. Could another team call the Steelers in the offseason and try to essentially trade for Tomlin? Sure. But the Steelers don’t want Tomlin to go. And they have no reason to believe Tomlin wants to be anywhere other than where he currently is.

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

The Vikings’ playoff chances got slimmer in Sunday’s loss to the Lions and any hopes of defying the odds won’t be helped by a report about the severity of edge rusher D.J. Wonnum’s quad injury. Head coach Kevin O’Connell said after Sunday’s loss that he had “great concern” about Wonnum’s condition and Ian Rapoport of NFL Media reports that he suffered a partial tear of the quad during the 30-24 loss. That likely ends Wonnum’s season.

Report- D.J. Wonnum suffered a partially torn quad - NBC Sports

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

My resume is on the grass. What do you want?” Pierce said, via Tyler Dragon of USA Today. “I can put up a fancy presentation. I’ve seen that before. I can put up stats. I can put up my resume. But the best thing that happened for me was an opportunity. I said this maybe last week, the worst day I was going to be as a head coach was my first day. And each day is my job, and I really take pride in growing each and every day to get better. No different than when I was a player to get better.

Antonio Pierce- My resume is on the grass - NBC Sports

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

La’El Collins to work out with Cowboys on Tuesday

The offensive lineman is apparently healthy after tearing his ACL and MCL late last season while playing for the Bengals. Collins recently worked out with the Bills after working out for the Jets and Giants back in October.
    Cincinnati released Collins from the reserve/physically unable to perform list in September.
    Collins spent his first six seasons with Dallas, starting 71 games for the club. He signed with Cincinnati in the 2022 offseason.
    He would likely be signed to the Cowboys practice squad and then work his way into game shape.

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Lions cut Isaiah Buggs

Defensive lineman Isaiah Buggs won’t be part of the Lions’ playoff run this month.
    Buggs posted a message saying farewell to Detroit on social media on Tuesday and multiple reports indicate that the Lions have waived him off of their 53-man roster. The Lions haven’t made any official announcement of a move at this point.
    Buggs signed with the Lions in 2022 and he’s appeared in 27 games for the team over the last two seasons. He had 58 tackles, two sacks, a forced fumble, and a fumble recovery in those appearances.

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Jets will cut Dalvin Cook

Cook’s agents at LAA Sports announced on Tuesday, via Tom Pelissero of NFL Media, that their client and the Jets have mutually agreed to part ways. The hope is for Cook to catch on with a team going to the playoffs and he will be subject to waivers once his departure from the Jets becomes official.
    According to multiple reports, Cook will forfeit his remaining guaranteed money in order to facilitate the move. His deal called for a guaranteed $5.8 million salary this year.
    Cook signed with the Jets this summer as a free agent in a move that gave the Jets insurance against Breece Hall not being all the way back from his torn ACL. Hall turned out to be in great shape, however, and Cook has just 67 carries for 214 yards and 15 catches for 78 yards this season.

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Bill Belichick has clinched his worst record in 29 seasons as a head coach

Bill Belichick is in his 29th season as an NFL head coach. And this year he has done something he’s never done before: Lose 12 games.

The Patriots are 4-12, which means that whether they win or lose in Sunday’s season finale against the Jets, they’ll finish with the worst record of Belichick’s coaching career. He previously went 5-11 twice, once in his final season as head coach of the Browns and once in his first season as head coach of the Patriots.

Whether Belichick’s worst season will also be his last remains unclear. He’ll turn 72 in April, and even before bottoming out this year, the Patriots had declined significantly from their glory years, when Belichick was widely regarded as the best coach in the NFL. But it’s possible that Patriots owner Robert Kraft will give Belichick another year to turn things around, and also possible that if Kraft is done with Belichick, some other owner will bring him in.

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Watt on playoffs- PIT needs to take care of 'business'

The Pittsburgh Steelers sit in the 9th place in the AFC heading into Saturday's game against the Baltimore Ravens with a shot to move up into playoff position after missing out last season.

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

RB Henry 'grateful' for Titans, 'fueled' by free agency

"There will definitely be a moment, last game of the season, I'll be a free agent after this year, and I've been here eight years," Henry said Thursday, via the team's official website. "I'll just be grateful to whoever shows up, and I know the fans will come out. Hopefully, we can finish the season strong."

Henry sits as the Titans' all-time leader in rushing touchdowns (89) and scrimmage TDs (92). He also owns the franchise's high yards per carry average (4.6) heading into Sunday's game. He ranks No. 2 in rushing yards for Tennessee with 9,349 behind only Eddie George.

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

For former Jets running back Dalvin Cook, freedom was not free.
    Per a source with knowledge of the situation, he waived $270,000 in guaranteed pay for Week 18 from the Jets, reducing his compensation to $60,000 for the final week of the season.
    He’ll make it back in postseason pay with his new team, if the Ravens get to the Super Bowl. If they win it, he’ll come out ahead.
    The CBA will result in Cook receiving $45,500 for next week’s bye. If the Ravens win in the divisional round, Cook gets $50,500. A win in the conference championship game results in another $73,000.

Dalvin Cook gave up $270,000 to gain his freedom, can earn it all back in playoff checks - NBC Sports

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Chiefs quarterback Patrick Mahomes will sit out today’s meaningless regular-season finale, but tight end Travis Kelce is expected to play. At least briefly.

Kelce has 984 receiving yards this season, putting him just 16 short of his eighth consecutive 1,000-yard season, and the Chiefs are expected to play Kelce long enough to get those 16 yards today, according to Adam Schefter of ESPN.

Chiefs coach Andy Reid would say only “we’ll see” when asked this week about Kelce’s status for Sunday.

It sounds like the 1,000-yard mark is important enough to Kelce that Reid will give him the chance to earn it. Reid may tell Chiefs starting quarterback Blaine Gabbert to throw Kelce as many passes as it takes to get him to 16 yards for the day, and then take him out of the game.

Travis Kelce likely to play long enough to record his eighth straight 1,000-yard season

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Falcons fire Arthur Smith

“Decisions like this are never easy and they never feel good,” Blank said in a statement. “We have profound respect for coach Smith and appreciate all the hard work and dedication he has put into the Falcons over the last three years. He has been part of building a good culture in our football team, but the results on the field have not met our expectations.

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Tom Pelissero of NFL Media reports that the team has requested interviews with Lions defensive coordinator Aaron Glenn and Lions offensive coordinator Ben Johnson. The Commanders fired head coach Ron Rivera on Monday morning.

Glenn and Johnson were both head coaching candidates last year and the Lions’ play on the way to winning the NFC North title made them obvious names to factor into this offseason’s searches as well.

Commanders request interviews with Aaron Glenn, Ben Johnson - NBC Sports