Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Is Josh Allen the very normal, simple to please man we think he is?

Thanks
    Thanked 7,695 Times in 6,231 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Re: Is Josh Allen the very normal, simple to please man we think he is?

Quote Originally Posted by notacon View Post
    This encapsulates what Josh Allen is all about....

I sense some extreme envy with why this thread was even started. It’s SPAM!!!!
    It's entertainment .... is it good .... probably not but whateva.

1) Ari
    2)@ Mia
    3) Jac
    4)@ Bal
    5)@ Hou
    6)@ Jet
    7) Ten
    8)@ Sea

Thanks
    Thanked 5,428 Times in 3,889 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Yes. He shovels. He's one of us.

16694185397006-1.jpg

3. Post thanked by:

notacon (10-15-2023),Woodman (10-14-2023)

Thanks
    Thanked 7,695 Times in 6,231 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by sahlensguy View Post
    Yes. He shovels. He's one of us.

16694185397006-1.jpg
    No coat either he's definitely one of our's.

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by BLUTO View Post
    Assets:

-$3.5 million for his car collection

-$2.5 million in Rolex watches

-$ 2.4 million home in the Buffalo area

-$7.2 million home in in California

-dating a Hollywood celebrity??

Is he out of normal Bills fans price range??
    THE POINT is - - is he really interested, devoted to being an NFL QB?

Registered User kscdogbillsfan1221's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,918 Times in 2,094 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

THE POINT is - - is he really interested, devoted to being an NFL QB?
    Because he has a high income and has spent money on expensive things??

should he drive a Honda civic, wear a swatch and marry an ugly, fat *****

would that make you happy ??
    I came.
    I saw.
    I conquered.

7. Post thanked by:

Jeff1220 (10-16-2023)

Thanks
    Thanked 12,492 Times in 7,331 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

And once again the point is a dumb one

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

The OP didn’t articulate his point particularly well and is going with the “money and fame changed him” narrative.

With that said, he is right about Josh’s devotion to his craft. The reason for it is wholly different, however.

Josh from 2019-2021 was hungry to learn the game, prove doubters wrong, and showcase his immense talents. He sought out more one-on-one with Jordan Palmer, picked the brain of and was willing to take constructive criticism from Brian Daboll, dedicated himself to film study and went above and beyond in the off-season leading up to 2020 to get on the same page with his new superstar WR.

Brian Daboll is long since gone and he inexplicably did not retain the services of Jordan Palmer. Now he is surrounded by yes men coaches who have reached the limit of their capabilities and who know their job security is tied to whether Josh gets along with them. So Dorsey and McD coddle him and—to borrow a brilliant line from Whiplash—repeatedly tell him the two most harmful words in the English language: “Good Job.” Nobody dare rock the boat around him and suggest he hits the film room or dedicates himself to improving his craft with Jordan Palmer, because that would take away from celebrity golf or softball tournaments, commercials, or hanging out in LA with the stars.

Only one person in this organization has taken him to task: Stefon Diggs, and he has been duly vilified by the aww shucks contingent of the Bills fan base, and their townie local media. Buffalo media and “some” fans have always preferred nice guys over winners.

Anyways, this is why you get the typical Josh Allen half-hearted mea culpas after losses and/or dog**** performances. He says all the right things because he learned from Brady not to say anything remotely controversial. But unlike Brady, he won’t immediately pour over the gamefilm till the wee hours, nor will get in teammates’ or coaches’ faces when they are uninspired and failing their duties.

I still love him to death and think he is more than capable of winning a SB, but you can tell he is physically tired and mentally checked out. Reminds me of that A football life episode with Troy Aikman when he lamented that once Jimmy left there was no one to hold the team accountable and it just drained him.

10. Post thanked by:

sahlensguy (10-16-2023),YardRat (10-16-2023)

Thanks
    Thanked 5,428 Times in 3,889 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by Chet View Post
    The OP didn’t articulate his point particularly well and is going with the “money and fame changed him” narrative.

With that said, he is right about Josh’s devotion to his craft. The reason for it is wholly different, however.

Josh from 2019-2021 was hungry to learn the game, prove doubters wrong, and showcase his immense talents. He sought out more one-on-one with Jordan Palmer, picked the brain of and was willing to take constructive criticism from Brian Daboll, dedicated himself to film study and went above and beyond in the off-season leading up to 2020 to get on the same page with his new superstar WR.

Brian Daboll is long since gone and he inexplicably did not retain the services of Jordan Palmer. Now he is surrounded by yes men coaches who have reached the limit of their capabilities and who know their job security is tied to whether Josh gets along with them. So Dorsey and McD coddle him and—to borrow a brilliant line from Whiplash—repeatedly tell him the two most harmful words in the English language: “Good Job.” Nobody dare rock the boat around him and suggest he hits the film room or dedicates himself to improving his craft with Jordan Palmer, because that would take away from celebrity golf or softball tournaments, commercials, or hanging out in LA with the stars.

Only one person in this organization has taken him to task: Stefon Diggs, and he has been duly vilified by the aww shucks contingent of the Bills fan base, and their townie local media. Buffalo media and “some” fans have always preferred nice guys over winners.

Anyways, this is why you get the typical Josh Allen half-hearted mea culpas after losses and/or dog**** performances. He says all the right things because he learned from Brady not to say anything remotely controversial. But unlike Brady, he won’t immediately pour over the gamefilm till the wee hours, nor will get in teammates’ or coaches’ faces when they are uninspired and failing their duties.

I still love him to death and think he is more than capable of winning a SB, but you can tell he is physically tired and mentally checked out. Reminds me of that A football life episode with Troy Aikman when he lamented that once Jimmy left there was no one to hold the team accountable and it just drained him.
    Josh Allen is the Shaquille O'Neal of the NFL, minus the rings. Both had the greatest gifts ever and the talent to possibly be the goat, but neither strived for it.
    Last edited by sahlensguy; 10-16-2023 at 07:36 AM.

2020-2023 AFC East Champions! Historian's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 28,501 Times in 15,586 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by Chet View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by The Historian in another thread
    Allen looks defeated on the sideline.
    I do not think he has checked out, but I kinda wonder if there isn't something going on in his personal life that is affecting his psyche.

In the game thread, I commented that he looked defeated, after just taking the lead.

This morning GMF commented on it.

Yea, it was an ugly win, but in his presser, he was despondant. You would think he was the losing quarterback.

I don't get it.

Maybe he's come to the conclusion that many of us have: Dorsey just isn't cutting it.

13. Post thanked by:

Chet (10-16-2023)

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by Historian View Post
    I do not think he has checked out, but I kinda wonder if there isn't something going on in his personal life that is affecting his psyche.

In the game thread, I commented that he looked defeated, after just taking the lead.

Yea, it was an ugly win, but in his presser, he was despondant. You would think he was the losing quarterback.

I don't get it.

Maybe he's come to the conclusion that many of us have: Dorsey just isn't cutting it.

Good points all around, although I don’t think it’s a personal life issue since his folks are alive and well, he’s with a Hollywood actress, and hasn’t been through a messy divorce nor does he have kids.

I think your last sentence summed it up in a nutshell. He’s seeing no offensive growth whatsoever and there’s nobody on the O he can trust outside of Diggs. He is joyless out there. If Shanahan, Reid, McVay, Pederson, Daboll, McDaniel or others were calling the plays he’d be having the time of his life.

He knows the team isn’t good enough and after several years now he’s too exhausted to feign excitement

15. Post thanked by:

Historian (10-19-2023)

Thanks
    Thanked 30,667 Times in 17,514 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

This was a topic over the off-season (and last season), and questioning Allen's commitment and effort isn't new this regular season. He's steadily regressed since walking off the field after 13 seconds. Maybe it is as simple as he got paid. Maybe he does have some off-field issues. Doesn't matter, he needs to store the bull**** rhetoric and get to work otherwise he's just going to be another Dan Marino / Phillip Rivers / Warren Moon / Dan Fouts.

And that's not good enough for the Buffalo fan base, or at least shouldn't be.
    YardRat Wall of Fame
    #56 DARRYL TALLEY
    #29 DERRICK BURROUGHS#22 FRED JACKSON #95 KYLE WILLIAMS

17. Post thanked by:

Chet (10-16-2023)

Thanks
    Thanked 26,398 Times in 13,784 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

I don't get it.

I’m starting to wonder if he just doesn’t deal with adversity well. We won 3 games easily. In the 3 that were close, we lost 2. And this isn’t the first season where we lose close games routinely. It’s like he doesn’t know how to handle it when things don’t go perfectly.

And yes, it’s getting harder and harder to defend Dorsey.

19. Post thanked by:

Historian (10-19-2023)

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Plus, Allen is struggling trying to find the balance between 'safe Josh' and HeroBall, and that might be part of the reason he looks unhappy during the game. He needs to learn when to unleash the beast and he's probably holding back too much right now.

For any Ted Lasso fans, maybe Allen has gotten a little bit of the Jamie Tartt treatment.

21. Post thanked by:

Historian (10-19-2023),OpIv37 (10-16-2023)

Registered User Forward_Lateral's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 8,126 Times in 4,306 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by YardRat View Post
    Plus, Allen is struggling trying to find the balance between 'safe Josh' and HeroBall, and that might be part of the reason he looks unhappy during the game. He needs to learn when to unleash the beast and he's probably holding back too much right now.

For any Ted Lasso fans, maybe Allen has gotten a little bit of the Jamie Tartt treatment.
    The play calling has not been doing him any favors either. For the life of me I do not know why they run WR/TE screens. Have they ever had one that got more than 3 yards? Then, when it's 2nd and 9, they call a shot gun run into the back of Morse for no gain. Talk about putting your players in a position to fail. If you got back and look at the losses and yesterday, I guarantee you that this happened multiple times each game.

Josh has the highest completion % of his career. His QB rating going into last night was 105 something and I think 3rd in the NFL. That's what MOST people wanted. A safe JA who takes care of the ball and doesn't do reckless things with it. Well, that's what you got, and now people are complaining?? Even last night, aside from the tipped INT, he played a careful game with no mistakes.

I don't know about you, but that's not what I want to watch. We watched that with Tyrod for 3 years. I, for one, am willing to live with mistakes from trying to do too much. This team needs Josh to do "too much" This team needs him to run. This team needs him to scramble and make back yard plays. This team does not need a mistake free QB who completes 75% of his passes.

Maybe I'm wrong, but it's how I see it right now. I think Josh, for the first time in his life, is worried about making mistakes over worried about making plays, and it's a problem.

23. Post thanked by:

Historian (10-19-2023),YardRat (10-16-2023)

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by Forward_Lateral View Post
    The play calling has not been doing him any favors either. For the life of me I do not know why they run WR/TE screens. Have they ever had one that got more than 3 yards? Then, when it's 2nd and 9, they call a shot gun run into the back of Morse for no gain. Talk about putting your players in a position to fail. If you got back and look at the losses and yesterday, I guarantee you that this happened multiple times each game.

Josh has the highest completion % of his career. His QB rating going into last night was 105 something and I think 3rd in the NFL. That's what MOST people wanted. A safe JA who takes care of the ball and doesn't do reckless things with it. Well, that's what you got, and now people are complaining?? Even last night, aside from the tipped INT, he played a careful game with no mistakes.

I don't know about you, but that's not what I want to watch. We watched that with Tyrod for 3 years. I, for one, am willing to live with mistakes from trying to do too much. This team needs Josh to do "too much" This team needs him to run. This team needs him to scramble and make back yard plays. This team does not need a mistake free QB who completes 75% of his passes.

Maybe I'm wrong, but it's how I see it right now. I think Josh, for the first time in his life, is worried about making mistakes over worried about making plays, and it's a problem.
    I pretty much agree. We needed less heroball from Josh but nobody wanted him neutered. He seems to have gone to the other extreme, and as I said before he needs to find the balance between the two, and he's struggling with that.

25. Post thanked by:

Historian (10-19-2023)

Thanks
    Thanked 1,794 Times in 1,207 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Assets:

-$3.5 million for his car collection

-$2.5 million in Rolex watches

-$ 2.4 million home in the Buffalo area

-$7.2 million home in in California

-dating a Hollywood celebrity??

Is he out of normal Bills fans price range??
    Dude this is such a classy list compared to hookers and blow. He should bang Taylor to get back at Kelce for 13 seconds. We can have a rematch with TS not sure where to sit.

27. Post thanked by:

Chet (10-17-2023),Novacane (10-17-2023)

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by Typ0 View Post
    Dude this is such a classy list compared to hookers and blow. He should bang Taylor to get back at Kelce for 13 seconds. We can have a rematch with TS not sure where to sit.

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

I don't get it.

That's most likely IMO

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

To anyone saying Josh doesn't study film I have one question. How the hell do you know?

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by Novacane View Post
    To anyone saying Josh doesn't study film I have one question. How the hell do you know?
    Nobody is saying he doesn't study film.