Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: Is Josh Allen the very normal, simple to please man we think he is?

Thanks
    Thanked 11,794 Times in 7,834 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Re: Is Josh Allen the very normal, simple to please man we think he is?

Quote Originally Posted by OpIv37 View Post
    Yet, the city makes all their money off the show offs who flaunt their fame and wealth, and the only reason they are able to do that is because the city promotes itself as a place where people can do whatever they want. “What happens in Vegas stays in Vegas.”

I get it. I’ve lived in places that attract tourists. They’re annoying as hell. I’ve been a tourist in places where you can feel the hostility from the locals. I’m sure the Vegas locals are annoyed by the tourists, but the city has made “rich tourists acting like *******s” the backbone of the economy.

As far as hockey, well Vegas was handed a winner. The expansion draft was designed to make them instantly successful. And, I’ve never been there, but I highly doubt anyone there cared about hockey before they were gift wrapped a winner as their first major professional team. If the NBA was first, they’d love basketball. If MLB was first, they’d love baseball, etc.
    My post was meant to be lighthearted. I even used TWO .

I know hockey is a sore spot with you. Too bad.

2. Post thanked by:

OpIv37 (10-19-2023)

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by Chet View Post
    My insider knowledge is that they keep winning SBs and making AFC championships despite multiple roster and coaching changes.
    Your "insider knowledge"?!?!?

I guess you are now trying to redefine what "insider knowledge" even means.

Hey...if you have ANY current (or ex, for that matter) NFL player or NFL coach's cell number and if you call them they know who you are and take that call....prove it!!!

THAT'S what a "insider" has. And THAT'S why I value REAL "insiders" information, observations and opinions.

The FACT is that you have no idea what you are talking about on this subject of how players prepare or how much film they watch except what media sources have told you....many times the same media sources that so many posters scoff at whenever they write something that goes against the often times silly negative opinions written here.

Registered User kscdogbillsfan1221's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,918 Times in 2,094 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

I know I’m contributing, but this entire thread is an idiot
    I came.
    I saw.
    I conquered.

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by Forward_Lateral View Post
    13 seconds of idiotic coaching and playing
    That’s one year, and those 13 seconds never happen if we aren’t punting games against the Steelers, Jags or Patriots that put us in the position to have to travel to KC

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by notacon View Post
    Your "insider knowledge"?!?!?

I guess you are now trying to redefine what "insider knowledge" even means.

Hey...if you have ANY current (or ex, for that matter) NFL player or NFL coach's cell number and if you call them they know who you are and take that call....prove it!!!

THAT'S what a "insider" has. And THAT'S why I value REAL "insiders" information, observations and opinions.

The FACT is that you have no idea what you are talking about on this subject of how players prepare or how much film they watch except what media sources have told you....many times the same media sources that so many posters scoff at whenever they write something that goes against the often times silly negative opinions written here.
    The fact is they have multiple SBs, their floor is the AFCCG, and they don’t make excuses. They just keep winning. I’m curious why you think the Bills haven’t done that

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

My insider knowledge is that they keep winning SBs and making AFC championships despite multiple roster and coaching changes.
    This is false. THE coach that matters, head coach Andy Reid, has been the same since 2013.

Every team has "multiple roster changes" every single year. Overthecap did analysis (in 2020, there is no reason to think it's different since then) and roster turnover, across the NFL as they state quite clearly...."To say NFL rosters are unstable is certainly an understatement. On average only 56% of players return from one year to the next and two years out it is just around 35%."

What’s your theory then for what the Chiefs have been able to accomplish, and why the Bills have accomplished nothing? I’m sure you have some wild ones
    The fact is they have multiple SBs, their floor is the AFCCG, and they don’t make excuses. They just keep winning. I’m curious why you think the Bills haven’t done that
    Simple.

Patrick Mahomes.

Josh Allen is an elite QB for sure, and the reason the Bills are considered, and will continue to be considered SB contenders. He makes astounding plays with his arm and legs. A true gunslinger that can do it ALL on the field, make every throw.

The FACT is that Mahomes is simply better than any other NFL QB today, (including Josh Allen) and it's by quite a significant margin.

Why???

He RARELY makes boneheaded mistakes. When he does....like in the AFCC game vs Cincy when he made a rookie mistake at the end of the first half giving up a sure FG, to his EPICALLY awful performance in OT....the Chiefs are much more likely to lose.

When Josh Allen plays mistake free football, the Bills are almost unstoppable.

Back to Andy Reid....the Chiefs were a very good team with a very good QB, Alex Smith (with Kelce) from his first year with KC. Their playoff success?? Not much.

2013 - one and out - lost in WC round
    2014 - missed playoffs
    2015 - won WC, lost Div to NE and Brady
    2016 - one and out - lost in Div to Pittsburgh (did not play in WC, they were #2 seed)
    2017 - one and out - lost to Tenn in WC

For the math challenged, that is a 1-4 record.

2018 Patrick Mahomes takes over as starting QB....

2018 - lost in AFCC to NE and Brady (they had fist round bye via #1 seed)
    2019 - won Super Bowl beating HOU in Div, and Tenn in AFCC. Did not have to play against NE and Brady. (they had fist round bye via #2 seed)
    2020 - lost SB to Tampa Bay and TOM BRADY. (they had fist round bye via #1 seed) - Bills get #2 seed but because of playoff change do NOT get first round bye.
    2021 - lost to Cincy in AFCC - they did NOT get first round bye
    2022 - won SB - (they had fist round bye via #1 seed)

Sensing a pattern here???? No Mahomes, no success. Mahomes - great success.

Same with Belichick and Brady.

Same with Paul Brown and Otto Graham (yes, the great Paul Brown never won a championship without Otto Graham at QB).

Same with Vince Lombardi and Bart Starr (yes, the great Vince Lombardi never won a championship without Bart Starr at QB).

Your EPICALLY terrible post "I’m rooting for them to lose from here on out, only a coaching change and roster turnover can fix this." makes even less sense when the facts and reality are comprehended.

The FACT is that there is ALWAYS "roster turnover" every stinkin' year for every team. A "coaching change" will accomplish nothing, just like a coaching change for KC would have done nothing to cause the Chiefs' rise...it was the addition of almost mistake free Patrick Mahomes that brought KC over the hump.

When Josh Allen starts playing mistake free football at the level of Mahomes and Brady, the Bills will see success.
    Last edited by notacon; 10-20-2023 at 12:50 PM.