Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: When Josh opts out after the 2025 season.

Thanks
    Thanked 7,695 Times in 6,231 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Re: When Josh opts out after the 2025 season.

I want to extend my special thanks to the Tampa Bay Buccaneers ........ because if it weren't for them there would be no Josh Allen in Buffalo. The Bills made the 1st trade of the 2018 draft when we traded the 12th pick and two 2nd round picks to move up to the 7th spot.

1) Ari
    2)@ Mia
    3) Jac
    4)@ Bal
    5)@ Hou
    6)@ Jet
    7) Ten
    8)@ Sea

2. Post thanked by:

sahlensguy (05-16-2024)

Thanks
    Thanked 11,797 Times in 7,837 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by OpIv37 View Post
    Yeah it’s actually the truth. We just released a bunch of quality expensive vets, and replaced them with backups and draft picks.

We’re currently 28th in the NFL with $2.1 million in remaining cap.

The salary cap is a real thing, and the % of cap eaten by the QB’s salary creates a real problem for teams, no matter how much you want to pretend it doesn’t.
    No, it's not.

4. Post thanked by:

TacklingDummy (05-16-2024)

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Tom Brady was never the highest paid QB in the league and how many rings does he have?

Allen is set for life and if he truly loves the game there will be no issues, if he is a prima donna then he will complain because he isn't making what another guy makes..

I believe he would take a pay cut if it meant winning a superbowl..

6. Post thanked by:

imbondz (05-17-2024)

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Yeah it’s actually the truth. We just released a bunch of quality expensive vets, and replaced them with backups and draft picks.

The salary cap is a real thing, and the % of cap eaten by the QB’s salary creates a real problem for teams, no matter how much you want to pretend it doesn’t.
    lets not forget on june 1st we can add a little over 10 mil to our cap..

the cap changes every year, teams that have 60 mil under the cap well there record speaks for itself.

Thanks
    Thanked 5,125 Times in 3,596 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

The Bills certainly didn't have Hurts figured out back in November...
    The showed the NFL the blueprint on how to beat them and they proceeded to go 1-6 after that game.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by cas22 View Post
    lets not forget on june 1st we can add a little over 10 mil to our cap..

the cap changes every year, teams that have 60 mil under the cap well there record speaks for itself.
    Good call. And they can roll-over that cap money to 2025.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,965 Times in 1,228 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

You’re asking the wrong question. It’s not about 3 years ago. The question is whether the guys we have now are equal or better to the guys we lost. There is zero proof that they are.

And again, my point was about the cap. If we were in good cap shape, do we let all those guys go? I highly doubt it. They were cap moves, not necessarily the best football moves.
    That’s just silliness, the same questions were asked when they signed Hyde and Poyer! There were a lot of questions and concerns when the signed Morse because of his concussion issues.
    As far as the cap goes, you are missing the point. They made these cuts and trade of Diggs to fix the cap. They would have cut Miller if they could have. It had to be done and they did it. Could it be a down year sure, but you would be negative no matter what moves they made! You even complain about they schedule because they are a good team, we can go back to 2-15 and then we can have all 1:00 starts, then you’d complain about how bad they are. Haha!
    Retired Air Traffic Controller
    USAF VETERAN
    DAV

10. Post thanked by:

notacon (05-16-2024),Oaf (05-15-2024)

Thanks
    Thanked 2,447 Times in 1,528 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Tom Brady was never the highest paid QB in the league and how many rings does he have?

Allen is set for life and if he truly loves the game there will be no issues, if he is a prima donna then he will complain because he isn't making what another guy makes..

Never under-estimate the influence of the people around them, my friend works in the local sports agency used to tell me. That includes his significant other, parents, agent, posses etc. Do you ever think Gisele wanted Tom Brady to make more money to support her life style? Probably the opposite, like give me more time.

Allen has some good personality that he'll get more commercial money like Mahomes does from State farm commercials. Winning a Superbowl will certainly raise his profile in the commercial world so he should have every incentive to do so. But overall, from his first contract and personality we see, he's pretty much in line with the top QBs before him not named Brady: take the market value (not looking for a kill on a contract but not taking a discount either). I don't know he'll go to Beane to say take 10 million from my cap money to give to this or that player because we have a better chance to win the superbowl with him. Nor do I believe in his next extension negotiation if the Bills have not won a superbowl yet, and he would be giving the Bills a discount below the market rate so that they have more room to sign better players.

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by kgun12 View Post
    That’s just silliness, the same questions were asked when they signed Hyde and Poyer! There were a lot of questions and concerns when the signed Morse because of his concussion issues.
    As far as the cap goes, you are missing the point. They made these cuts and trade of Diggs to fix the cap. They would have cut Miller if they could have. It had to be done and they did it. Could it be a down year sure, but you would be negative no matter what moves they made! You even complain about they schedule because they are a good team, we can go back to 2-15 and then we can have all 1:00 starts, then you’d complain about how bad they are. Haha!
    Yeah, Poyer was a "WTF?" signing, but Hyde I liked. Bottom line is they know secondary so replacing them won't be tough.

As for Morse, it will be interesting to see what happens. They thought enough of McGovern that they cut Morse and traded Bates, who was ostensibly next in line. But I'm hoping Van Pran-Granger wins the job.

The biggest question is replacing Diggs. But they have signed a bunch of veteran WRs, presumably to share the load.

13. Post thanked by:

kgun12 (05-15-2024),notacon (05-16-2024),Oaf (05-15-2024),TacklingDummy (05-16-2024)

Thanks
    Thanked 1,965 Times in 1,228 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by Goobylal View Post
    Yeah, Poyer was a "WTF?" signing, but Hyde I liked. Bottom line is they know secondary so replacing them won't be tough.

As for Morse, it will be interesting to see what happens. They thought enough of McGovern that they cut Morse and traded Bates, who was ostensibly next in line. But I'm hoping Van Pran-Granger wins the job.

The biggest question is replacing Diggs. But they have signed a bunch of veteran WRs, presumably to share the load.
    Agree with all, especially if McGovern or Van Pran-Granger work out. I think with his lack of production and obvious locker room distractions, Diggs is addition by subtraction.

Do you read what you write? Oaf's Avatar
    Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

I do remember Poyer being a WTF signing. Still felt like the days of we'll pay just about anything to get anyone up here. Times have changed.

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by kgun12 View Post
    Agree with all, especially if McGovern or Van Pran-Granger work out. I think with his lack of production and obvious locker room distractions, Diggs is addition by subtraction.
    I'll wait and see. Having one guy demanding the ball all the time can hurt an offense.

17. Post thanked by:

kgun12 (05-16-2024),notacon (05-16-2024),TacklingDummy (05-16-2024)

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by Oaf View Post
    I do remember Poyer being a WTF signing. Still felt like the days of we'll pay just about anything to get anyone up here. Times have changed.
    They have for the better.

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

But they have signed a bunch of veteran WRs, presumably to share the load.
    Now we can spread the wealth much easier.

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

You’re asking the wrong question. It’s not about 3 years ago. The question is whether the guys we have now are equal or better to the guys we lost. There is zero proof that they are.

And again, my point was about the cap. If we were in good cap shape, do we let all those guys go? I highly doubt it. They were cap moves, not necessarily the best football moves.
    There is "zero" proof that they are not.

The only player that they "lost" (not really...the Bills made the decisions that have to be made every year by every team) that they might miss is Mitch Morse. Even there, he's on the downside of a career with many concussions.

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Maybe. As I have been harping on for some time, Diggs has played FOR **** in the playoffs. Especially in the four playoff loses when he was playing for the Bills.

In fact, Diggs has mostly sucked in the playoffs his WHOLE CAREER. He had one miracle catch in one game. Big whoop. Take that away and it's even more dismally terrible.

The stats do not lie. In 14 career playoff games (13 starts) Diggs had had only FOUR TD catches. In NINE playoff games for the Bills he has a paltry TWO TD's. ZERO in the four playoff loses.

Take a look at this list of the top 76
    (26 are tied for #50 with 5 TD's) career TD catches.

22. Post thanked by:

kgun12 (05-16-2024)

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by TacklingDummy View Post
    He's going to make even more bank.

These QBs are getting paid.
    at least half of your name is right
    Why do they call it Tourist season if you can't hunt them ?

Democrats are people too imbondz's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,008 Times in 2,188 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Hope that’s the case. But I’d still pay Josh a $Billion dollars to stay just in case.
    My faith doesn’t make me perfect, it makes me forgiven.

Buckle me in on the highway of sin mightysimi's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,041 Times in 1,396 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

I love those guys but did you watch? Tre missed almost 2 years, Poyer and Hyde were a step slow on everything they were asked to do. Josh left every KC game with the lead in the 4th quarter. Should we run it back again and see if this time will be different?

You dismiss players you know nothing about without them having played a snap. I feel confident a new group of players can also lose to KC in the playoffs but I would like to find out if something is different instead of trying the same thing over and over.

26. Post thanked by:

notacon (05-17-2024)

Thanks
    Thanked 1,794 Times in 1,207 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Personally....I think the Patriot's are lying cheating mother ****ers and Tom Brady's hometown discounts were manipulative lies. That's the results of their proven attitudes.

Registered User kscdogbillsfan1221's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,918 Times in 2,094 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by Typ0 View Post
    Personally....I think the Patriot's are lying cheating mother ****ers and Tom Brady's hometown discounts were manipulative lies. That's the results of their proven attitudes.
    eh.
    brady had the benefit of being (probably) the only player in the nfl who was poorer than his wife. he could afford to be 'generous' when it came to his salary.
    I came.
    I saw.
    I conquered.