2 4.88%
  • Drew Brees

1 2.44%
  • JP Losman

8 19.51%
  • Other (please specify)

3 7.32%
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: So, you got $4.3 Million to spend on a QB...who will it be...

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

So, you got $4.3 Million to spend on a QB...who will it be...

Drew Bledsoe has renegotiated his contract. According to reports his new cap number for 2004 is $4.3 mil...almost a $4mil savings.

Let's assume that you are TD and $4.3 mil is your magic number. That is the maximum you spend on a QB. Seeing what is out there and guessing at who might be released come 6/1, who would you want as the Bills QB?

Remember, if you contact Kerry Collins, Kurt Warner or whomever they are going to know that you are not going to go with Drew Bledsoe...that means they get an advantage in negotiations. They are also coming off of large contracts so the argument that they will play for the vet's minimum will not fly.

For all the education and practice each of us undergoes, the achievment of mastery is ultimately the outcome of a personal quest for understanding.

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep
    I voted for DB because he knows the system, Warner in outdoor games??? Not a chance. Collins uh no, Brees not enough to go on although he will either be a Hassleback or a Rick Mirer. JP what's the going rate for a late 1st round QB who's agent knows the Bills went after him in a trade?
    I've said it before and I'll say it again, I don't repeat myself.

Lecter's Little Bitch
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,702 Times in 1,367 Posts
    Power to Give Rep
    With the new coaching staff, no one knows the system anymore other than Bobby Shaw.

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep
    Huh?

Lecter's Little Bitch
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,702 Times in 1,367 Posts
    Power to Give Rep
    Originally posted by LABillsFan
    Huh?
    New coaching staff....Mike Mularkey....new offensive system.....

Shinier than your mom Shiny Chicken's Avatar
    Thanks
    Power to Give Rep
    Why would Shaw know it... didn't he come from Jax?

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep
    shaw was in pitt.. but not when MM was running the offense.
    "All hockey players are bilingual. They know English and profanity." ~ Gordie Howe

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep
    Drew, no doubt. Keep some stability. But I wouldn't object to Losman getting a shot mid-season if Bledsoe looks completely hopeless out there.

Byrd.

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep
    I said JP...he's are stud QB of the future. In addition to that, Drew is already under contract and is a Bill for the next few years anyways. Any of the other guys besides JP have had their chance to shine and now it's time for them to move on.
    Send me some wings!

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep
    Originally posted by MTBillsFan
    I said JP...he's are stud QB of the future. In addition to that, Drew is already under contract and is a Bill for the next few years anyways. Any of the other guys besides JP have had their chance to shine and now it's time for them to move on.
    Whoops, when I said he's are stud QB, I really meant to say OUR...sorry it's been a long few weeks leading up to finals

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep
    I say just leave Losman at the number 2 QB... Bledsoe usually never goes down(knock on wood).
    You're right, I am a coward! I haven't any courage at all. I even scare myself.

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep
    Good question. :)

I'm not sure why JP is on that list however. We just drafted him so its not like we would choose to pay him the $4.3M instead of paying Drew. He's here to stay no matter what (at least for the next 3-4 years barring a trade).

But as for the other choices....throwing reality to the wind as far as what we really could get him for...I would take Warner at $4.3M over Drew. I stand by my statement that if he is given the chance this year he will surprise alot of people.

The Stoner Zoner BillsFanInMass's Avatar
    Thanks
    Power to Give Rep
    If I was running things it wouldnt have come to this. I would have scrapped bledsoe and made a strong play for Mark Brunell and got him before Washington. Brunell would be Awesome with our receivers and backs we would win the next 3 super bowls. Not only that he would be a better teacher for Losman they play the same style. But its too late now.

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep
    Why only the 4.3 this year? Drew didn't sign a one-year contract, he signed a 3-year contract that totals 19 mil. He actually ends up getting about 7 mil this year (from what I've heard, it's 3 mil base plus 3.9 SB), the cap hit is the only thing that's 4.3 mil this year.

I don't think I'd commit 3 years to any of those, I'd prefer a 2-year commitment and then sign a backup QB in year 3. For 2 years, I'd have chosen Kerry Collins first and I think he can be had for 2 years on a cheaper annual basis than what we're paying Drew for 3.
    Last edited by HenryRules; 04-28-2004 at 06:09 PM.

Thank You, Terry and Kim, for Saving the Bills. Now, Work on the Sabres. Jan Reimers's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,626 Times in 705 Posts
    Power to Give Rep
    I'd spend it on the O line, DE, or FS.
    Should have known, way back in 1960 when we drafted Richie Lucas Number 1, that this would be a long, hard ride. But who could have known it would be THIS bad?

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep
    Ya we need a stud FS... Coy Wire can't cover ME

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep
    Originally posted by Mr. Cynical
    Good question. :)

I'm not sure why JP is on that list however. We just drafted him so its not like we would choose to pay him the $4.3M instead of paying Drew. He's here to stay no matter what (at least for the next 3-4 years barring a trade).

But as for the other choices....throwing reality to the wind as far as what we really could get him for...I would take Warner at $4.3M over Drew. I stand by my statement that if he is given the chance this year he will surprise alot of people.
    warners hand is done.. he cant hold the ball right anymore and he just isnt the same qb.. he hasnt been since it happened over 2 years ago.

Originally posted by BuffaloBillsSTAMPEDE
    Ya we need a stud FS... Coy Wire can't cover ME
    stampede, can you give me one bit of evidence to prove your point? i think that your statement is a bunch of ****.. i truely do... i am not attacking you personally, but that post pisses me off, because wire has done exactly what he has been asked to do ever since he has been on the bills and he has never played bad at any position. he droped one friggen pass break up in the last game of the season against NE, but he was in the right position to make the INT.. other than that.. you have never seen him play FS, so how can you make such a bold statement?

i cant wait to hear how you back this up...

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep
    How much did we spend on Rob Johnson again?

I say J.P. Might as well see what the kid can do and not bank on the has-beens who are definitely near the end.

Coy hasn't been given a fair shake at any position. I'd like to see what he can do.

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep
    Originally posted by Tatonka

warners hand is done.. he cant hold the ball right anymore and he just isnt the same qb.. he hasnt been since it happened over 2 years ago.
    1,000 ZBs says otherwise. You in?

We need to set the parameters for what constitutes "recovered" however. Any suggestions?

Thanks
    Thanked 24,471 Times in 14,179 Posts
    Power to Give Rep
    Originally posted by Tatonka

stampede, can you give me one bit of evidence to prove your point? i think that your statement is a bunch of ****.. i truely do... i am not attacking you personally, but that post pisses me off, because wire has done exactly what he has been asked to do ever since he has been on the bills and he has never played bad at any position. he droped one friggen pass break up in the last game of the season against NE, but he was in the right position to make the INT.. other than that.. you have never seen him play FS, so how can you make such a bold statement?

i cant wait to hear how you back this up...

Ill help him. Coy's knock ever since he was in college has always been the boy can hit but he cant catch the ball. Yea Coy has worked his ass off, but he is yet to prove the reports diffrently. So why should I or anybody else give him the benefit of the doubt on something he has never been able to do. Now I turn the question around on you T. My side has been proved through college and into the pros he has never had good hands can you show me any physical proof to show that he has improved them or that he understands the FS mentaility? He'll be one hell of a SS but at FS? I dont think so. Im asking you seriously what makes you think Coy can be a good FS, his work ethic? Come on you and I both know about people with good work ethic in the draft. Also known as workout warriors. Sometimes the hard work just doesnt transfer. Just my 2cents.