Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: i believe it's time for some of y'all

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

i believe it's time for some of y'all

...to admit that Wys was correct in his analysis of our Bills. Today's game erased any hopes of our making it into the playoffs....are we allowed to criticize now?

i don't know about y'all...but what i saw was key mistakes by Drew, abandonment of the running game by Gilbride, and huge gaps in the defense. Fourteen penalties is a disgrace. Bring me Teddy Cottrell!!!!

Sorry to be so negative...i still say 9-7...but we will have no postseason.

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep
    well....some of those penalties were complete BS but you're right on every other point

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep
    i'll say 9-7 wins the division

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep
    Couldn't we still theoretically win the division?

My buns are weiner friendly AG75's Avatar
    Thanks
    Power to Give Rep
    I am about as pessimistic as they come(I get it from my father), but I do not believe we are done. Not until next week. I think we have a good enough team to win games, but it's the stupid playcalling and penalties that kill us. If we could work on that I think we can be very much in it. If we can win in the Meadowlands next week than I do NOT think we are out. That would put us ahead of the Jets and N.E is losing right now.

However, if we lose next week than I think we are in serious trouble. I guess we will see.
    Aimee

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep
    If we lose next week, we'd have to win out in order to make the playoffs. I just don't see 9-7 making it.

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep
    Originally posted by Sabre Ally
    Couldn't we still theoretically win the division?
    i suppose we could....

Dolphins 6-4
    Bills 5-5
    Patsies 5-5
    Jest 5-5

i will gladly take this season over the 3-13 disgrace of last year. My point is, we tend to be a bit overly optomistic...the Bills are much improved, but there are still glaring problems which need to be dealt with....especially with coaching, our D, and the amount of penalties we incur each week.

We should be able to beat the Jets next week, and if the fish lose to SD and the Patriots lose to the Viqueens, we will continue to be in the mix. i haven't given up on the Bills, i just don't see them realistically being in the postseason. Regardless....this year is much better than last.

Legendary Zoner Earthquake Enyart's Avatar
    Thanks
    Power to Give Rep
    I agree with y'all.

The main problem is that we lose the tiebreakers to KC, Den, Oak since we lost to them all, and 9-7 probably won't win the division outright. And we are going to have a helluva time getting to 9 from here.

But there are still 3 division games, a game with the Bengals, a meaningless (for them) game with the Pack, and what may be a very important game with SD. Their destiny is still in their own hands, and after 10 games, theat's better than I thought we'd be. Y'all. :cowboy:

Drew's my hero!
    Thanks
    Power to Give Rep
    We should win 5 of our next 6.

Legitimate businessman..."waste" management Phins054's Avatar
    Springfield Gorge...disposing of nuclear "waste"
    Thanks
    Power to Give Rep
    Right now all divisions are up for grabs (except Green Bays). Any team can win this division. I wouldn't be surprised to see the Jets start to climb. They are probably playing the best ball in the division right now.
    Can't get enough of that wonderful Duff...

Drew and Sam stole all my hair WG's Avatar
    Thanks
    Power to Give Rep
    9-7!

I think we'll be able to thank our lucky stars if we hit 8-8. I see us going 2-4 down the stretch. I have no idea who we're gonna beat besides Cincy if we can't beat the Jets this week.

I got news for ya all, the Jets have quietly become a better team than K.C. after a very shaky start. Martin is running well, their passing game is clicking, and their D is also playing well. That's what we have to face in NY next week.

Drew has never played well vs. the Jets. He's 2-6 since '97 and has thrown only 9 TDs to 14 INTs during that stretch. I know the "party line" here now, but it hasn't been carrying any weight over the past 4 games.

Meanwhile, the Jets, after dropping 4 of their first five while they struggled to find their groove, have won 4 of their last 5 in largely convincing fashions by putting up 129 points or 26 PPG over their last 5 against better teams than us.

I'm highly concerned about this game. We lost to a team w/ half this potency early on at home as their only win during their first horrible five games. Now we face them on the road in a game in which the winner takes possession of 2nd place in the AFCE.

This ain't gonna be pretty possibly. The Jets now have Martin and Jordan too which is gonna be difficult enough.

But winning more than a game or two from N.E., G.B., and the Jets all on the road or Miami or S.D. even at home, I think is a stretch.
    Replace Donahoe with Modrak and fire the entire coaching staff!

Then let's go to Disneyworld!

GO BILLS!!!

Legendary Zoner Earthquake Enyart's Avatar
    Thanks
    Power to Give Rep
    You may be right, but it is in their destiny is in their own hands for now. That's my point.

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep
    True.

I'm sure that doesn't warm your cockles however, eh!

I guess I just see little sense of hoping for something that won't happen regardless.

in charge of you
    Administrator Emeritus
    Thanks
    Power to Give Rep
    I think it's a reasonable conclusion that we're just not good enough this year to go far. We're young, inexperienced, and have some terrible coaching.

Come next year (if we finally get some decent coaching), we should be contenders. But this year is out as far as any extended playoff stint goes.

<a href="http://www.buzzdash.com/index.php?page=buzzbite&amp;BB_id=119588">Do you like me?</a> | <a href="http://www.buzzdash.com">BuzzDash polls</a>

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Re: i believe it's time for some of y'all

Originally posted by shelby
    ...to admit that Wys was correct in his analysis of our Bills. Today's game erased any hopes of our making it into the playoffs....are we allowed to criticize now?

i don't know about y'all...but what i saw was key mistakes by Drew, abandonment of the running game by Gilbride, and huge gaps in the defense. Fourteen penalties is a disgrace. Bring me Teddy Cottrell!!!!

Sorry to be so negative...i still say 9-7...but we will have no postseason.
    Ridiculous. If the Bills win their next 3 against the AFC East, the Bills win the division.

It's possible. Maybe not likely, but possible.

I have the arms of a new born baby! WCoastFin's Avatar
    Thanks
    Power to Give Rep
    Originally posted by Phins054
    Right now all divisions are up for grabs (except Green Bays). Any team can win this division. I wouldn't be surprised to see the Jets start to climb. They are probably playing the best ball in the division right now.
    cmon now phins054, you honestly belive that!? listen to yourself! the J-E-T-S! ....pluh-ease! You know we beat them with Lucas at QB, and the Lions took a lead on them in the 3rd Qtr..... this team is a pretender and was exposed in the beggening....if theres anybody who will push us in the race it will be N.England....and we're better than them.
    We wanna see you spit now!!!lets face it we suck.

Lecter's Little Bitch
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,702 Times in 1,367 Posts
    Power to Give Rep
    I'm still sore about the TERRIBLE reffing in the game yesterday. I should've won that game. We played way better than KC. Imagine if the refs weren't on KC's payroll, we'd be tied at the division lead and be much more optimistic about the season.

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep
    Yeah, and just imagine if we could have scored 20 or more points against a D ranked:

32nd in yards
    31st in scoring
    32nd in passing
    18th in rushing

Nah! Forget it. I suppose that's too far a stretch here...

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep
    Originally posted by Wys Guy
    Yeah, and just imagine if we could have scored 20 or more points against a D ranked:

32nd in yards
    31st in scoring
    32nd in passing
    18th in rushing

Nah! Forget it. I suppose that's too far a stretch here...

Statistics are for losers.

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep
    I love ya man!

That's not a nice thing to say to all those who've posted the degree of our success on those stats though.