Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Lindell is staying.. get used to it.

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Lindell is staying.. get used to it.

Bryan Ault (Alexandria, VA): As fans, we do not have a lot of confidence in Rian Lindell's distance and we think he puts additional pressure on the offense to get closer late in close games. How do you intend to address the kicking situation in the off-season? Thanks for your time.
    TD: Our philosophy as an organization is to always try to improve the team in all areas. Sometimes, however, you should watch what you wish for. Rian Lindell improved as much as any player on our team last year compared to the 2003 season. He ended the year near the top of most statistical categories in the NFL. For example, in 2003 he was 17-of-24 kicking field goals for a total of 75 points. In 2004, he was 24-of-28 on his field goals for 117 points. He also lost two long field goals last year when we called timeout prior to the kicks which he made. Rian is improving and has done a very good job under the direction of Bobby April. We expect him to take another step this season as our kicker.

http://www.buffalobills.com/news/news.jsp?news_id=3131
    "All hockey players are bilingual. They know English and profanity." ~ Gordie Howe

Thanks
    Thanked 12,490 Times in 7,330 Posts
    Power to Give Rep
    looks like Eb is gonna be owing me some zonebucks

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

I hope TD's right.. I agree to an extent about his improvement but I felt the staff didn't have much confidence to begin with in his abilities...

Thanks
    Thanked 1,017 Times in 512 Posts
    Power to Give Rep
    He sucks.

Just because my name is dicknoze,it doesn't mean I have balls in my mouth Dicknoze69's Avatar
    Thanks
    Power to Give Rep
    I agree that he improved, but god, he has no longe range capabilities and he scares me in the clutch.

God give me style and give me grace
    God put a smile upon my face

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep
    Lindell is staying.. get used to it.

get used to what? Losing more games by 3 points this season.
    what about Pochman? you know the guy in europe.

Thanks
    Thanked 3,831 Times in 2,091 Posts
    Power to Give Rep
    Don't ever believe what a GM says before the draft. Here's reading between the lines:

TD: Our philosophy as an organization is to always try to improve the team in all areas. (We can't wait until we find a guy to replace that bum)
    Sometimes, however, you should watch what you wish for. Rian Lindell improved as much as any player on our team last year compared to the 2003 season. (We sould have cut him after 2003. Drew also improved in 2004 compared to 2003 & we canned him the 1st day we could)
    He ended the year near the top of most statistical categories in the NFL. For example, in 2003 he was 17-of-24 kicking field goals for a total of 75 points. In 2004, he was 24-of-28 on his field goals for 117 points. (The staff had so little confidence in him they wouldn't let him try anything too long so his stats look good, but 2 of those 4 misses were chip shots that cost us 2 games)
    He also lost two long field goals last year when we called timeout prior to the kicks which he made. (The opponent saw we had called time out so didn't bother to defend the kicks. Ryan felt no pressure & sailed them through, something he never does when it really matters)
    Rian is improving and has done a very good job under the direction of Bobby April. We expect him to take another step this season as our kicker. (He'll be taking a step out the door if Mike Nugent is available when we draft in the 2nd round)

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep
    No way I see TD taking a kicker that high...

Just because my name is dicknoze,it doesn't mean I have balls in my mouth Dicknoze69's Avatar
    Thanks
    Power to Give Rep
    I don't either. Lindell is alright...not a game-changer, but not awful.

We have other positions to address in the draft.

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep
    lindell's a bum and i didnt think we'd cut him anyway as much as i wanted them to...
    "I'm cold, yeah I get my BUFFALO BILL on!" Lil' Wayne

Thanks
    Thanked 26,393 Times in 13,783 Posts
    Power to Give Rep
    damn, that's my question!!! I'm surprised he answered it

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep
    i cant believe people are still thinking that he would draft nugent..

we have no LT, no LG, our center and RG are both in their 30s.. we need a 3rd wr.. and some cornerbacks, since we dont have any signed right now for 2006.

yeah.. we need to take a kicker in the 2nd round. unbelievable.

Carlton Bailey
    June 2nd- With this ESPNEWS update, I'm Brian Kenny. The Buffalo Bills are among the teams making news in the NFL today. They have released their current Kicker Rian Lindell and have signed newly released Kicker, Mike Vanderjagt. Vanderjagt is the most accurate kicker in NFL history.

** How awesome would that be.

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep
    Quote Originally Posted by Tatonka
    i cant believe people are still thinking that he would draft nugent..

we have no LT, no LG, our center and RG are both in their 30s.. we need a 3rd wr.. and some cornerbacks, since we dont have any signed right now for 2006.

yeah.. we need to take a kicker in the 2nd round. unbelievable.
    Some people just don't think long term.

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep
    it is not even about thinking long term.. the arguement has been debated over and over..

drafting day one kickers provides no guarentee of anything.. and the leagues best kickers are all guys who were undrafted.. while the day one guys are both average to good but nothing special.

Carlton Bailey
    Quote Originally Posted by Tatonka
    it is not even about thinking long term.. the arguement has been debated over and over..

drafting day one kickers provides no guarentee of anything.. and the leagues best kickers are all guys who were undrafted.. while the day one guys are both average to good but nothing special.
    People are thinking of a fellow 3rd round Big Ten kicker who had success. Nate Kaeding did a great job as a 3rd round rookie in San Diego. That is why people want Nugent. He was more impressive than Kaeding in college and Kaeding was tremendous in college at Purdue. I watched plenty of Ohio State and I saw Kaeding make a lot of great kicks.

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep
    i got 500 zbs that says that TD doesnt draft a kicker on day one.. if nugent is drafted before the bills ever pick.. then the bet is a push... no winner no loser.

Thanks
    Thanked 5,921 Times in 3,550 Posts
    Power to Give Rep
    I asked Tom pretty much the exact question. But I didn't receive the answer I wanted. I don't give a crap what round we are supposed to draft a kicker. If a player is available and can help your team more than another player in the draft, than you pick him. It shouldn't matter if we have the opportunity to draft an O-lineman who is really good but may not start the upcoming season or draft a kicker with our 2nd rounder. The kicker will help this team more than any lineman that will be available when we finaly pick. Just my opinion, though.

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep
    Quote Originally Posted by Carlton Bailey
    People are thinking of a fellow 3rd round Big Ten kicker who had success. Nate Kaeding did a great job as a 3rd round rookie in San Diego. That is why people want Nugent. He was more impressive than Kaeding in college and Kaeding was tremendous in college at Purdue. I watched plenty of Ohio State and I saw Kaeding make a lot of great kicks.
    san diego also had an assload of picks because of the whole rivers/manning thing.. including a 1st rounder..

we are not taking a kicker with a day one pick unless the kickers name is jesus christ and can make a field goal from our 10, never misses, and always kicks touchbacks. period.

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep
    again.. taking all bets.. come all yee nugent believers.