Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: First Day Analysis: Rounds 1-2

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep
    I'm biased but I think the guy who took Ware and Rolle had the best draft.
    Dareus - 1st Round Pick

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep
    you always do

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep
    Quote Originally Posted by Devin
    you always do
    To be honest I didn't like your draft. I think Benson is the 4th best RB in the draft and I think Mike is a good WR but he probably isn't going to have the good stats next year you would look for at WR. Grant it we are intitled to our opinions but I just don't see how you thought your draft was the best.

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep
    Quote Originally Posted by R. Rich
    Remember, you can't spell analysis without...
    lysis?

For all the education and practice each of us undergoes, the achievment of mastery is ultimately the outcome of a personal quest for understanding.

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep
    Quote Originally Posted by Sportsuser101
    To be honest I didn't like your draft. I think Benson is the 4th best RB in the draft and I think Mike is a good WR but he probably isn't going to have the good stats next year you would look for at WR. Grant it we are intitled to our opinions but I just don't see how you thought your draft was the best.
    And your entitled to that opinion. Benson "imo" is hardly the 4th best "imo" if hes not the best hes second. I believe him to better fit my system. Mike Williams will develope into a bigtime possesion guy "imo". I had two first rounders (notice I said best 1st round not draft total) and I got Cedric Benson and Mike Williams only 2-3 others I believe had 2 first round picks. Rich and MBB certainly helped thier teams and had great picks.

That being said, you had a solid draft. You picked decent players, as I said all along you needed a CB and you helped yourself there. Ware was a great pickup but like Williams he wont have an amazing first year.

Thanks
    Thanked 4,537 Times in 2,699 Posts
    Power to Give Rep
    And your entitled to that opinion. Benson "imo" is hardly the 4th best "imo" if hes not the best hes second. I believe him to better fit my system. Mike Williams will develope into a bigtime possesion guy "imo". I had two first rounders (notice I said best 1st round not draft total) and I got Cedric Benson and Mike Williams only 2-3 others I believe had 2 first round picks. Rich and MBB certainly helped thier teams and had great picks.

That being said, you had a solid draft. You picked decent players, as I said all along you needed a CB and you helped yourself there. Ware was a great pickup but like Williams he wont have an amazing first year.

Brown is CLEARLY #1 in my book.

Offical Billszone Starting QB ryjam282's Avatar
    Thanks
    Power to Give Rep
    I agree, I think he is #1 and Cedric is #2.

Ryan Withey
    Owner/President/GM/Director of Player Personnel

Kansas City Super Deuces

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep
    I was on the fence about brown, imo he was #1 back in the draft. I ultimatley went with Benson because I believe him to better fit my team and secondly this sim only looks at stats. With Brown facing the top D's in the league and now potentially dealing with Ricky Williams return......Benson seemed to me to be a safer pick.

Raidaas Fans Watch Will and Grace RetroRaiders81's Avatar
    Thanks
    Power to Give Rep
    I agree with that, but I drafted brown b/c of his hands as well.
    The Houston Retro Raiders.

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep
    Nothing wrong with brown at all as I said I believed him to be the #1 back.

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep
    Well, if it'll make everyone feel better, my picks weren't that great. I got a bunch of bums w/ my 5 picks. I'll get it right one of these drafts.

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep
    R. Rich has exceeded their stored private messages quota and can not accept further messages until they clear some space.

Raidaas Fans Watch Will and Grace RetroRaiders81's Avatar
    Thanks
    Power to Give Rep
    Wow, thats a shock

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep
    Cadillac, Brown, Arrington and Benson is the order I rank the RBs for this draft.

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep
    lol Arrington.

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Also I fail to see how I need a CB. I took the best player available which happened to be a CB. It would be pretty hard to find a better CB trio of Clements, Bly and Kelly. Also how do you figure that Ware won't have an amazing 1st year?

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep
    lol Arrington.
    Yup we will see in a few years.

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep
    Quote Originally Posted by Sportsuser101
    Also I fail to see how I need a CB. I took the best player available which happened to be a CB. It would be pretty hard to find a better CB trio of Clements, Bly and Kelly. Also how do you figure that Ware won't have an amazing 1st year?
    I guess it was just coincidence. Eitherway as I said you had a solid draft.

Ware is a great player and will develop eventually into a solid starter. I simply dont believe he will make an impact next year.

Arrington isnt a bad back, wishful thinking to think he is currently better then the "big three" much less throwing Benson him behind him but I suspect thats merely because you didnt draft Benson. Otherwise hed be the best RB avail.

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep
    I guess it was just coincidence. Eitherway as I said you had a solid draft.

Ware is a great player and will develop eventually into a solid starter. I simply dont believe he will make an impact next year.

Arrington isnt a bad back, wishful thinking to think he is currently better then the "big three" much less throwing Benson him behind him but I suspect thats merely because you didnt draft Benson. Otherwise hed be the best RB avail.
    Might want to check my posts about Benson. I've always felt that way about him. It started last year when everyone thought he might come out early.

Like I said we will see.

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep
    here is my opinion on the debate of RB's Cadillac and Arrington in my opinion may have the best 1st years because of the teams and systems they are in. Benson is lined up to have a huge year if he doesnt platoon with Jones, otherwise an ok year, potential is there for a huge upside with Benson considering they want to be a running team. Ronnie Brown has alot to prove he has never been a starter and can he be durable enough to carry the ball every week 25 times a game behind a suspect O-Line in a division with 3 good to great defenses. As for Mike Williams he doesnt need him to have a huge 1st year, though I think he will, if he doesnt he can just hold on to Harrison another year or have the otion of getting rid of him. Cant argue with Jersey strengthening an already strong defense