Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Punt Returner

Registered User JefftheBillsfan's Avatar
    Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Punt Returner

we are getting somewhat close to training camp...still a little further than i may like..but maybe its not to early to discuss over some position battles going into training camp.

so lets start at punt returner. who do you like? clements? mcgee? evans?

i personally like our first pick, roscoe parish to take over the duty.
    Its all about the quest.

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Re: Punt Returner

Clements is a showbiz playmaker. But it's Waay to risky to have him back there imo. I say Fast Freddie if he makes the team. I'm sure we all wan't to know what Parrish brings......
    GO BILLS!!! NE
    Magical Trevor

Ground your Jets Vilma, no way you're shooting this guy down. ShadowHawk7's Avatar
    Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Def not Evans or Clements- too valueble (sp?) I could see Smith fighting for a roster spot by competing w/ Parrish for it. He will have to do considerably better than him, and prove some worth as a WR in the preseason. Shaud Williams is a wild card there. McGee did it a lot in college and should get a good look too.
    "It's not whether you win or lose; it's how you play the game."
    -Vince Lombardi

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

I bet Roscoe will be the Returner right from the begining...

Knows More Than You Italian Stallion's Avatar
    Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

'scoe will be back there on opening day....he's obviously got the speed to burn, but his small frame can only help in ducking in and out of gunners.... something the tall and thick Clements can't do..

they should mix it up and put Josh Reed back there sometimes. Even tho he dosn't have amazing speed, he did it well in college, and he's got a small, yet strong body that could break tackles and make it happen.....not to mention that josh needs a role on this team doing SOMETHING.
    BILLS FOOTBALL

SABRES HOCKEY

METS BASEBALL

I like cheeseburgers and eva mendes

Lecter's Little Bitch
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,702 Times in 1,367 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by tampabay25690
    I bet Roscoe will be the Returner right from the begining...
    I don't know...McGee did make the Pro Bowl as a returner...

I'm not Jewish, I'm just in it for the hats. BlackMetalNinja's Avatar
    Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

If anybody watched Miami U. games like I did (big Hurricanes fan) then you'd know that this is definitely gonna be Roscoe's best chance to shine early. He was amazing at the U, one of the quickest and most explosive return men I've seen in a while. Definitely agree that Evans and Clements are too valuable to be risking on punt returns. Ahh, just one more of the many many reasons I can't wait until 9-11.

Offical Billszone Starting QB ryjam282's Avatar
    Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Roscoe will be our punt returner next season, that is no doubt. I think the Bills will use more of that 2 player return set with "Fast" Freddie Mitchell and replace Clements with Parrish, IMO.

Quote Originally Posted by BlackMetalNinja
    If anybody watched Miami U. games like I did (big Hurricanes fan) then you'd know that this is definitely gonna be Roscoe's best chance to shine early. He was amazing at the U, one of the quickest and most explosive return men I've seen in a while. Definitely agree that Evans and Clements are too valuable to be risking on punt returns. Ahh, just one more of the many many reasons I can't wait until 9-11.
    I am also a HUUUGE U fan and I remember Roscoe being a force on the punt returns early on and then was used sparingly later on last year because of the emergence of Devin Hester? I remember Hester going after Kevin Williams record for most returns in school history in a single season and got 3 on punts and 1 on KO's. But Roscoe did have 2 TD's on 20 return attempts with an average of 16 yards a return. I like that.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Miyagi
    Yeah, but you left off the most important part....KICK returner, not PUNT returner

Ryan Withey
    Owner/President/GM/Director of Player Personnel

Kansas City Super Deuces

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by ShadowHawk7
    Def not Evans or Clements- too valueble (sp?) I could see Smith fighting for a roster spot by competing w/ Parrish for it. He will have to do considerably better than him, and prove some worth as a WR in the preseason. Shaud Williams is a wild card there. McGee did it a lot in college and should get a good look too.
    Ditto. My money is on Roscoe Parrish...the Bills will want to get him involved somehow, someway early on and PR is the most logical way for him to make an immediate impact.
    "I'm growing older but not up, my metabolic rate is pleasantly stuck" - Jimmy Buffett

Proud alumnus of the 2011 'Final Four' VCU Rams!

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

McGee only returned kicks, not punts.

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

KICK RETURNER, didnt he!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

why would we want someone who has no NFL experince returning punts? i could see not wanting Nate running them back because he's a vital player. But freddie smith is worthless unless hes returning punts, I think hes very good, and hes got the ability to run one back everytime.
    Remember the past(11), embrace the future(7)

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Clements did a good job most of the time. He and Smith both took punts to the house. Parrish is well-known for his return abilities. I can see the point that it's too much an injury risk to throw Clements back there, so I bet we'll see a lot of Parrish, and a little Smith if he makes the squad. Overall, what a great friggin problem to have! Throw any of 'em back there, and we have a threat.

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by pleasesavedrew
    why would we want someone who has no NFL experince returning punts? i could see not wanting Nate running them back because he's a vital player. But freddie smith is worthless unless hes returning punts, I think hes very good, and hes got the ability to run one back everytime.
    Because Roscoe has the potential to be even better. Fast Freddie will be lucky to make the team.

Lecter's Little Bitch
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,702 Times in 1,367 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by EDS
    McGee only returned kicks, not punts.
    Fine. Same damn thing.

Too sober for this... mysticsoto's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,210 Times in 2,111 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by EDS
    Because Roscoe has the potential to be even better. Fast Freddie will be lucky to make the team.
    I agree...and personally, I don't think Freddie is going to make it...but you never know. We'll have to see.

pleasesavedrew...seniority doesn't determine where you get placed...ability does. Parrish will not be given the spot, he'll have to earn it...in fact, anyone who gets the job will get it b'cse they have earned it!!!

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Thumbs up Re: Punt Returner

[QUOTE=ryjam282]Roscoe will be our punt returner next season, that is no doubt. I think the Bills will use more of that 2 player return set with "Fast" Freddie Mitchell and replace Clements with Parrish, IMO.

nice post!!!!!

Ground your Jets Vilma, no way you're shooting this guy down. ShadowHawk7's Avatar
    Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by ryjam282
    Roscoe will be our punt returner next season, that is no doubt. I think the Bills will use more of that 2 player return set with "Fast" Freddie Mitchell and replace Clements with Parrish, IMO.
    I like the idea of using the 2 return men scheme again as well. Clements actually pancaked some people when Smith got the ball.

McGee mostly returned punts, not kickoffs in college, and he excelled at it too I believe. It will be a 3 way fight for two return spots b/w him, Parrish, and Smith. Again, Shaud Williams is a wild card for his shiftiness and experience returning punts and kickoffs in college. Smith will probably be fighting for a roster spot, unless he shows us something at WR this preseason. Personally, I like the kid, he did decent in last years preseason at WR, especially w/ Losman in. He also proved he could be used in some trick plays, and can line up at RB b/c of his ability to break tackles. I think we should find a way to keep him.

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

id have to say Roscoe's the best choice, he was good in college. i think he's be the one to go out there and do something.

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

I personally don't like to see starters on Special Teams. Clements & McGee are going to be our starting corners so I'd say put Parrish back there and let him show us and the NFL what he's got.