X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • better days
    • Jan 2010

The reason the Bills will win this year

Last year, no receiver had more than 3 TD's.

I expect Sammy Watkins & Mike Williams to both exceed that number & by a lot.
  • justasportsfan
    • Jul 2002

Re: The reason the Bills will win this year

I like your positive outlook but remember, they are not throwing to themselves. All of this depends on the qb which is still a huge question mark. One things for sure, EJ has been given everything to succeed. The best wr in the draft, Mike Williams, drafted OL, a qb coach, and most importantly depth at RB. We are going to run the ball first. EJ better step up when teams play the run.
    sacrifice1
    https://theinterviewwithgod.com/video/

Comment

• Fletch
      • May 2007

Originally posted by better days View Post

Can we then extrapolate your comments to mean that any team that had two receivers with more than 3 TDs each had a winning record?

If not, how many TDs by receivers are you insisting is the "magic number" for putting up a winning record?
      http://www.billszone.com/fanzone/sho...s-haters/page3

Post #46

Originally posted by Yasgur's Farm
      (Moderator) My name's Max Yasgur, and I approve of this post.
      Originally Posted by pmoon6
      The idea that you "won't settle" presumes that you have some kind of control. Delusional thinking at best for a supposed fan of a spectators' sport. Your way to deal with it is to constantly ***** and denigrate any move, any result concerning the team even if it's positive because you don't want your whittle feewings hurt again. It's a protection mechanism.

You shroud your childish approach in a vale of pompous, intellectual garbage in an attempt to look smart and "real". You over-analyze even minute points and manipulate statistics to fit your negative view of the team. Again, to feel good about yourself and to protect from getting hurt.

Of course, the criticisms are obviously from someone who has no understanding of the team concept or what it takes to excel at athletics.

The true "realist" understands that they have no control of what happens on the field or behind the closed doors at One Bills' Drive, so they do the prudent thing for a spectator. They enjoy the games on Sunday with family and friends, cheer for their team and realize that it's just entertainment.
      ------

"I was an integral part in the drafting process of EJ Manuel," Whaley said Thursday on NFL Network's Total Access. "I was the person that handled the draft process and setting up the board."

"We are committed. I want you to believe me when I say that," Whaley said of building around the second-year quarterback, per The Buffalo News. "I always tell you guys that I'll never say never because I don't want to paint myself in a corner, but when I do say something, I do it and I mean it and I try to fulfill it."

"We believe the addition of Sammy is going to be instant impact, not only to our quarterback, but to what our offensive coordinator can come up with game-plan wise and how defenses attack us," Whaley said.

Whaley on EJ Manuel: "We think we got a gem in this guy." (2:30)

"And as Mark says, if in three years maybe he's not [our quarterback of the future], then I'll be sitting there saying 'hey guys', .... anybody got a job for me?" - Doug Whaley

Comment

• OpIv37
        Acid Douching Asswipe
        • Sep 2002

Originally posted by better days View Post

Didn't you spend all of last off-season trying to convince me that we were better off at WR because of Woods and Goodwin? So much for that.
        MiKiDo Facebook
        MiKiDo Website

Comment

• OpIv37
          Acid Douching Asswipe
          • Sep 2002

Originally posted by justasportsfan View Post
          I like your positive outlook but remember, they are not throwing to themselves. All of this depends on the qb which is still a huge question mark. One things for sure, EJ has been given everything to succeed. The best wr in the draft, Mike Williams, drafted OL, a qb coach, and most importantly depth at RB. We are going to run the ball first. EJ better step up when teams play the run.
          EJ is a major reason why I question the trade up for Watkins. It could be Eric Moulds all over again: a guy with all the tools to be great but is held back by garbage QB's.
          MiKiDo Facebook
          MiKiDo Website

Comment

• Buffalogic
            Rumblin' Stumblin' Bumblin'
            • Feb 2006

Watkins is too good to be held back by anyone else. The guy is going to turn a lot of heads this years. Target him in your fantasy leagues in round 6 or 7.

Comment

• Fletch
              • May 2007

Originally posted by OpIv37 View Post
              Didn't you spend all of last off-season trying to convince me that we were better off at WR because of Woods and Goodwin? So much for that.
              Goodwin's 2nd on the depth chart. Watkins had better have that monster year that many are expecting or there's going to be a lot of wailing and gnashing of teeth later on this season.

Post #46

The idea that you "won't settle" presumes that you have some kind of control. Delusional thinking at best for a supposed fan of a spectators' sport. Your way to deal with it is to constantly ***** and denigrate any move, any result concerning the team even if it's positive because you don't want your whittle feewings hurt again. It's a protection mechanism.

You shroud your childish approach in a vale of pompous, intellectual garbage in an attempt to look smart and "real". You over-analyze even minute points and manipulate statistics to fit your negative view of the team. Again, to feel good about yourself and to protect from getting hurt.

Of course, the criticisms are obviously from someone who has no understanding of the team concept or what it takes to excel at athletics.

The true "realist" understands that they have no control of what happens on the field or behind the closed doors at One Bills' Drive, so they do the prudent thing for a spectator. They enjoy the games on Sunday with family and friends, cheer for their team and realize that it's just entertainment.
              ------

"I was an integral part in the drafting process of EJ Manuel," Whaley said Thursday on NFL Network's Total Access. "I was the person that handled the draft process and setting up the board."

"We are committed. I want you to believe me when I say that," Whaley said of building around the second-year quarterback, per The Buffalo News. "I always tell you guys that I'll never say never because I don't want to paint myself in a corner, but when I do say something, I do it and I mean it and I try to fulfill it."

"We believe the addition of Sammy is going to be instant impact, not only to our quarterback, but to what our offensive coordinator can come up with game-plan wise and how defenses attack us," Whaley said.

"And as Mark says, if in three years maybe he's not [our quarterback of the future], then I'll be sitting there saying 'hey guys', .... anybody got a job for me?" - Doug Whaley

Comment

• OpIv37
                Acid Douching Asswipe
                • Sep 2002

Originally posted by Wagon Circler View Post
                Watkins is too good to be held back by anyone else. The guy is going to turn a lot of heads this years. Target him in your fantasy leagues in round 6 or 7.
                No WR is good enough to not be held back by a bad qb. Reports from camp say Ej has accuracy issues and is slow making reads. If that continues into the regular season, Sammy will have a pedestrian season through no fault of his own. He can't do anything about EJ holding the ball too long and taking a sack or overthrowing him by 5 yards.
                MiKiDo Facebook
                MiKiDo Website

Comment

• Fletch
                  • May 2007

A good prediction simply based on the fact that Williams isn't that good and Woods still hasn't proven that he can be a #1. Having said that, it's a lot to ask a rookie with a so-so QB at best to post a huge season. I think he'll show some of what he can do, but also show that he still needs some polish, especially when playing against above-average DBs, and put up a good but far from superb season. I don't see any of our WRs hitting 1,000 yards this season. If Watkins can hit 800/7 under the circumstances IMO that would be a good season for him. It wouldn't justify what we gave up to get him, but in terms of raw rookie performance I'm not sure that much more can reasonably be expected from a rookie on a team with no 3-down RB in his prime or younger, no proven TE, and KneeJ as his QB, and an OC that shouldn't even be in the NFL.

Post #46

------

Comment

• justasportsfan
                    • Jul 2002

EJ is a major reason why I question the trade up for Watkins. It could be Eric Moulds all over again: a guy with all the tools to be great but is held back by garbage QB's.
                    No arguments here. I believe this offense will still be a run first offense and IF it opens up the passing game, EJ will have better weapons at his disposal.

In an ideal world, I would love our passing game to open things up for the run like Peyton does ,but I'm not holding my breath. Right now I'll take an efficient qb who can make defenses pay when the stack up the line to stop the run.
                    sacrifice1

Comment

• justasportsfan
                      • Jul 2002

Aside from EJ, Woods, Mike W. ,Goodwin , Moeaki/Chandler are essential to Watkins succeeding when teams plan their game to shut him down.
                      sacrifice1

Comment

• better days
                        • Jan 2010

No WR is good enough to not be held back by a bad qb. Reports from camp say Ej has accuracy issues and is slow making reads. If that continues into the regular season, Sammy will have a pedestrian season through no fault of his own. He can't do anything about EJ holding the ball too long and taking a sack or overthrowing him by 5 yards.
                        Hence the reason Woods & Goodwin did not have better years last year.

Still both are better to have on the Bills this year than if the Bills kept Donald Jones & David Nelson instead of drafting them last year.

Comment

• Buffalogic
                          • Feb 2006

True in most cases, but not entirely.

Calvin Johnson was Calvin Johnson with Dan Orlovski, Shaun Hill, and Matthew Stafford.

Larry Fitzgerald was Larry Fitzgerald with Matt Leinart, Max Hall, Jon Skelton, Kurt Warner, Carson Palmer.

Obviously these two guys are the cream of the crop but this is the tier Watkins should find himself in.

Comment

• trapezeus
                            Legendary Zoner
                            • Oct 2004

the whole scoring touchdown thing has to get better for the offense.

as EJ goes, the team goes.

Comment

• Buffalogic
                              • Feb 2006

Watkins needs up to five carries a game. Yes carries. Handoffs. Need to mitigate the EJ suckage if/when it rears its ugly head.

Cordarelle Patterson really starting coming into his own as a receiver after he broke some huge carries for long touchdowns. Watkins needs to have those same opportunities.

Comment

Working...
                              X