• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • EDS
    • Jan 2003

Re: The reason the Bills will win this year

Originally posted by trapezeus View Post
    the whole scoring touchdown thing has to get better for the offense.

as EJ goes, the team goes.
    Agreed. Either EJ plays well and the Bills finally have a winning season or he doesn't, in which case at this time next year the team will have a new owner, new front office, new coach, new starting QB, etc.

Comment

• better days
      • Jan 2010

Originally posted by Fletch View Post
      Can we then extrapolate your comments to mean that any team that had two receivers with more than 3 TDs each had a winning record?

If not, how many TDs by receivers are you insisting is the "magic number" for putting up a winning record?
      Well, why don't you research that & post it for us.

I don't know necessarily that every team with two receivers with more than 3 TDs puts up a winning record, But I can pretty much guarantee that no team without at least one receiver putting up a LOT of TD's

will have a losing record.

And I really believe both Watkins & Williams will put up a number of TD's.
      Last edited by better days; 07-29-2014, 03:09 PM.

Comment

• better days
        • Jan 2010

Originally posted by Wagon Circler View Post
        Watkins needs up to five carries a game. Yes carries. Handoffs. Need to mitigate the EJ suckage if/when it rears its ugly head.

Cordarelle Patterson really starting coming into his own as a receiver after he broke some huge carries for long touchdowns. Watkins needs to have those same opportunities.
        I doubt Watkins gets that, but I do expect a number of bubble screens to Watkins.

Comment

• EDS
          • Jan 2003

Originally posted by better days View Post

I don't know necessarily that every team with two receivers with more than 3 TDs puts up a winning record, But I can pretty much guarantee that no team without at least one receiver putting up a LOT of TD's

While your point has merit, it is worth noting that Carolina and KC all went the playoffs last year despite having no wide receiver catch more than 5 touchdowns.

Comment

• better days
            • Jan 2010

Originally posted by EDS View Post
            While your point has merit, it is worth noting that Carolina and KC all went the playoffs last year despite having no wide receiver catch more than 5 touchdowns.

How many caught more than 5?

Comment

• Ed
              Dude
              • Sep 2002

The Bills need to score more, period. It doesn't really matter where it comes from, but they need a lot more points. They finished 22nd at 21.2 pts/gm. 10 of the top 12 scoring teams made the playoffs last year.

Comment

• OpIv37
                Acid Douching Asswipe
                • Sep 2002

Hence the reason Woods & Goodwin did not have better years last year.

Still both are better to have on the Bills this year than if the Bills kept Donald Jones & David Nelson instead of drafting them last year.
                Yeah, theres no way either of those guys could have managed 3 whole touchdowns.
                MiKiDo Facebook
                MiKiDo Website

Comment

• better days
                  • Jan 2010

Originally posted by OpIv37 View Post
                  Yeah, theres no way either of those guys could have managed 3 whole touchdowns.
                  Well, Jones couldn't he is out of the NFL.

And BOTH Woods & Goodwin are BETTER than Nelson.

Comment

• gebobs
                    One Bills Drive, Georgia - 871 miles south of Orchard Park
                    • Sep 2003

Can we then extrapolate your comments to mean that any team that had two receivers with more than 3 TDs each had a winning record?

If not, how many TDs by receivers are you insisting is the "magic number" for putting up a winning record?
                    Who said anything about a winning record?
                    Lehner's history. He just doesn't know it yet.

Comment

• Fletch
                      • May 2007

Originally posted by OpIv37 View Post
                      No WR is good enough to not be held back by a bad qb. Reports from camp say Ej has accuracy issues and is slow making reads. If that continues into the regular season, Sammy will have a pedestrian season through no fault of his own. He can't do anything about EJ holding the ball too long and taking a sack or overthrowing him by 5 yards.
                      Agreed. My comment was more speaking generally to Whaley's statements promising playoffs.

Also, you say "if that continues" regarding Manuel, but why would it not? It's been the case for five seasons for him now. The chances are probably better of Watkins growing tits before the home opener.
                      Last edited by Fletch; 07-29-2014, 06:51 PM.
                      http://www.billszone.com/fanzone/sho...s-haters/page3

Post #46

Originally posted by Yasgur's Farm
                      (Moderator) My name's Max Yasgur, and I approve of this post.
                      Originally Posted by pmoon6
                      The idea that you "won't settle" presumes that you have some kind of control. Delusional thinking at best for a supposed fan of a spectators' sport. Your way to deal with it is to constantly ***** and denigrate any move, any result concerning the team even if it's positive because you don't want your whittle feewings hurt again. It's a protection mechanism.

You shroud your childish approach in a vale of pompous, intellectual garbage in an attempt to look smart and "real". You over-analyze even minute points and manipulate statistics to fit your negative view of the team. Again, to feel good about yourself and to protect from getting hurt.

Of course, the criticisms are obviously from someone who has no understanding of the team concept or what it takes to excel at athletics.

The true "realist" understands that they have no control of what happens on the field or behind the closed doors at One Bills' Drive, so they do the prudent thing for a spectator. They enjoy the games on Sunday with family and friends, cheer for their team and realize that it's just entertainment.
                      ------

"I was an integral part in the drafting process of EJ Manuel," Whaley said Thursday on NFL Network's Total Access. "I was the person that handled the draft process and setting up the board."

"We are committed. I want you to believe me when I say that," Whaley said of building around the second-year quarterback, per The Buffalo News. "I always tell you guys that I'll never say never because I don't want to paint myself in a corner, but when I do say something, I do it and I mean it and I try to fulfill it."

"We believe the addition of Sammy is going to be instant impact, not only to our quarterback, but to what our offensive coordinator can come up with game-plan wise and how defenses attack us," Whaley said.

Whaley on EJ Manuel: "We think we got a gem in this guy." (2:30)

"And as Mark says, if in three years maybe he's not [our quarterback of the future], then I'll be sitting there saying 'hey guys', .... anybody got a job for me?" - Doug Whaley

Comment

• Fletch
                        • May 2007

I don't have to look, there are quite a number of teams that had two WRs put up 3+ TDs but had losing records. Without even looking I'm sure that these are some of them:

Tampa, Atlanta, NYG, Washington, Detroit, Minnesota, St. Louis, Houston, Tennessee, and Cleveland. I'd wager that the number of teams overall in the NFL that didn't meet that criteria you can count on one hand with fingers to spare.

So what's your point then? You posted it.

Post #46

The idea that you "won't settle" presumes that you have some kind of control. Delusional thinking at best for a supposed fan of a spectators' sport. Your way to deal with it is to constantly ***** and denigrate any move, any result concerning the team even if it's positive because you don't want your whittle feewings hurt again. It's a protection mechanism.

You shroud your childish approach in a vale of pompous, intellectual garbage in an attempt to look smart and "real". You over-analyze even minute points and manipulate statistics to fit your negative view of the team. Again, to feel good about yourself and to protect from getting hurt.

Of course, the criticisms are obviously from someone who has no understanding of the team concept or what it takes to excel at athletics.

The true "realist" understands that they have no control of what happens on the field or behind the closed doors at One Bills' Drive, so they do the prudent thing for a spectator. They enjoy the games on Sunday with family and friends, cheer for their team and realize that it's just entertainment.
                        ------

"I was an integral part in the drafting process of EJ Manuel," Whaley said Thursday on NFL Network's Total Access. "I was the person that handled the draft process and setting up the board."

"We are committed. I want you to believe me when I say that," Whaley said of building around the second-year quarterback, per The Buffalo News. "I always tell you guys that I'll never say never because I don't want to paint myself in a corner, but when I do say something, I do it and I mean it and I try to fulfill it."

"We believe the addition of Sammy is going to be instant impact, not only to our quarterback, but to what our offensive coordinator can come up with game-plan wise and how defenses attack us," Whaley said.

"And as Mark says, if in three years maybe he's not [our quarterback of the future], then I'll be sitting there saying 'hey guys', .... anybody got a job for me?" - Doug Whaley

Comment

• Fletch
                          • May 2007

Originally posted by gebobs View Post
                          Who said anything about a winning record?
                          Oh yeah, I forgot, it's more important to good fans such as yourself just to see a couple of WRs reach a lofty goal of 3 TDs apiece.

My bad.

Post #46

------

Comment

• gebobs
                            One Bills Drive, Georgia - 871 miles south of Orchard Park
                            • Sep 2003

Oh yeah, I forgot, it's more important to good fans such as yourself just to see a couple of WRs reach a lofty goal of 3 TDs apiece.

My bad.
                            Do tell how you're such a great fan, so much better than myself. I'm sure you have your red, white, and blue "charging bill" thong underwear laid out for opening day. But you'll have to do better than that. I too have thong underwear. Though mine have a standing buffalo with "1965" embossed beneath. And they are made of leather, fashioned from the ball that Kemp tossed to Warlick to take a 7-nil lead in the championship that year. Truly.

Anyhoo...it was a joke. The thread title says the Bills will win. It doesn't say anything about playoffs, a winning season, or even reach the Jauron bar of 7 wins. I'm sure the OP meant that though...a winning season or even 8-8. Just poking fun.
                            Lehner's history. He just doesn't know it yet.

Comment

• better days
                              • Jan 2010

I don't have to look, there are quite a number of teams that had two WRs put up 3+ TDs but had losing records. Without even looking I'm sure that these are some of them:

Tampa, Atlanta, NYG, Washington, Detroit, Minnesota, St. Louis, Houston, Tennessee, and Cleveland. I'd wager that the number of teams overall in the NFL that didn't meet that criteria you can count on one hand with fingers to spare.

So what's your point then? You posted it.
                              I said that Watkins & Williams will BOTH put up MORE than 3 TD's each.

In other words, the Bills will score more POINTS.

The Bills have a GOOD Defense & lost a number of close games last year.

I expect them to win those close games this year by scoring more points than they did last year.

Comment

• better days
                                • Jan 2010

Originally posted by gebobs View Post
                                Do tell how you're such a great fan, so much better than myself. I'm sure you have your red, white, and blue "charging bill" thong underwear laid out for opening day. But you'll have to do better than that. I too have thong underwear. Though mine have a standing buffalo with "1965" embossed beneath. And they are made of leather, fashioned from the ball that Kemp tossed to Warlick to take a 7-nil lead in the championship that year. Truly.

Anyhoo...it was a joke. The thread title says the Bills will win. It doesn't say anything about playoffs, a winning season, or even reach the Jauron bar of 7 wins. I'm sure the OP meant that though...a winning season or even 8-8. Just poking fun.
                                I did say the Bills will win.

I am calling it now.

All can feel free to laugh at me now.

The last laugh is the best.

Comment

Working...
                                X