• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Fletch
    • May 2007

Re: wgr: Camp Day #19 - St. John Fisher Winding Down

Originally posted by Yasgur's Farm View Post
    Well, there have been 5 or 6 good reports on EJ3 throughout camp... And 5 or 6 bad reports as well.

To the haters, the good reports will be dismissed...

To the supporters, the bad reports will be dismissed...

To the rest of us, EJ gets the season and we'll know what we have in January.

I'm hoping for the best.
    And to those that say that his single biggest problem is his inconsistency, well, 'nuff said I guess.

- - - Updated - - -

Funny you should mention the "reading over" thing... I started putting together all the reports from WGR, etc. that you've posted daily. Then I decided that you've already read over them once, and saw only what you wanted to see. So I asked myself.. "Why should I engage in his kinderdarten banter?"
    I guess that if you want to participate here a certain good amount of that is expected.
    http://www.billszone.com/fanzone/sho...s-haters/page3

Post #46

Originally posted by Yasgur's Farm
    (Moderator) My name's Max Yasgur, and I approve of this post.
    Originally Posted by pmoon6
    The idea that you "won't settle" presumes that you have some kind of control. Delusional thinking at best for a supposed fan of a spectators' sport. Your way to deal with it is to constantly ***** and denigrate any move, any result concerning the team even if it's positive because you don't want your whittle feewings hurt again. It's a protection mechanism.

You shroud your childish approach in a vale of pompous, intellectual garbage in an attempt to look smart and "real". You over-analyze even minute points and manipulate statistics to fit your negative view of the team. Again, to feel good about yourself and to protect from getting hurt.

Of course, the criticisms are obviously from someone who has no understanding of the team concept or what it takes to excel at athletics.

The true "realist" understands that they have no control of what happens on the field or behind the closed doors at One Bills' Drive, so they do the prudent thing for a spectator. They enjoy the games on Sunday with family and friends, cheer for their team and realize that it's just entertainment.
    ------

"I was an integral part in the drafting process of EJ Manuel," Whaley said Thursday on NFL Network's Total Access. "I was the person that handled the draft process and setting up the board."

"We are committed. I want you to believe me when I say that," Whaley said of building around the second-year quarterback, per The Buffalo News. "I always tell you guys that I'll never say never because I don't want to paint myself in a corner, but when I do say something, I do it and I mean it and I try to fulfill it."

"We believe the addition of Sammy is going to be instant impact, not only to our quarterback, but to what our offensive coordinator can come up with game-plan wise and how defenses attack us," Whaley said.

Whaley on EJ Manuel: "We think we got a gem in this guy." (2:30)

"And as Mark says, if in three years maybe he's not [our quarterback of the future], then I'll be sitting there saying 'hey guys', .... anybody got a job for me?" - Doug Whaley

Comment

• Fletch
      • May 2007

Originally posted by Swiper View Post
      LOL. There were exactly 2 reported "good days" for him out of camp. But whatever. He will be exactly the same next year at this time.
      Yeah, I don't recall 5 or 6 good days either, I'd say 4 tops. I'm thinkin' 3.

- - - Updated - - -

Originally posted by better days View Post
      He has not played yet in a real game since the 10 he played in last year.

It is too soon to say if he has improved or not. Let's let the season play out before making that call.

And maybe that perfect practice EJ had the other day was the result of the talk Whaley had with him.
      I thought that what he's done in camp matters?

I guess not. Or I guess it depends upon who's arguing what at what time.
      http://www.billszone.com/fanzone/sho...s-haters/page3

Post #46

Originally posted by Yasgur's Farm
      (Moderator) My name's Max Yasgur, and I approve of this post.
      Originally Posted by pmoon6
      The idea that you "won't settle" presumes that you have some kind of control. Delusional thinking at best for a supposed fan of a spectators' sport. Your way to deal with it is to constantly ***** and denigrate any move, any result concerning the team even if it's positive because you don't want your whittle feewings hurt again. It's a protection mechanism.

You shroud your childish approach in a vale of pompous, intellectual garbage in an attempt to look smart and "real". You over-analyze even minute points and manipulate statistics to fit your negative view of the team. Again, to feel good about yourself and to protect from getting hurt.

Of course, the criticisms are obviously from someone who has no understanding of the team concept or what it takes to excel at athletics.

The true "realist" understands that they have no control of what happens on the field or behind the closed doors at One Bills' Drive, so they do the prudent thing for a spectator. They enjoy the games on Sunday with family and friends, cheer for their team and realize that it's just entertainment.
      ------

"I was an integral part in the drafting process of EJ Manuel," Whaley said Thursday on NFL Network's Total Access. "I was the person that handled the draft process and setting up the board."

"We are committed. I want you to believe me when I say that," Whaley said of building around the second-year quarterback, per The Buffalo News. "I always tell you guys that I'll never say never because I don't want to paint myself in a corner, but when I do say something, I do it and I mean it and I try to fulfill it."

"We believe the addition of Sammy is going to be instant impact, not only to our quarterback, but to what our offensive coordinator can come up with game-plan wise and how defenses attack us," Whaley said.

Whaley on EJ Manuel: "We think we got a gem in this guy." (2:30)

"And as Mark says, if in three years maybe he's not [our quarterback of the future], then I'll be sitting there saying 'hey guys', .... anybody got a job for me?" - Doug Whaley

Comment

• Swiper
        Legendary Zoner
        • Sep 2010

Funny you should mention the "reading over" thing... I started putting together all the reports from WGR, etc. that you've posted daily. Then I decided that you've already read over them once, and saw only what you wanted to see. So I asked myself.. "Why should I engage in his kinderdarten banter?"
        Funny you should bring those up. Because there were exactly 2 of those that claimed he had good days. Try again Cletus.

Comment

• Swiper
          Legendary Zoner
          • Sep 2010

Well, you & other critics of EJ already have your mind made up about him.
          Well when you see the exact same flaws in all his FSU videos, saw it all through OTAs & camp last year, out on the field last year, saw it all through OTAs & camp this year then I can make up my mind. You choose to carry on blindly. I could care less.

What does EJ need to do against the Bears to change your mind about him?
          I said you, not me. Nice try.

Comment

• better days
            • Jan 2010

Well when you see the exact same flaws in all his FSU videos, saw it all through OTAs & camp last year, out on the field last year, saw it all through OTAs & camp this year then I can make up my mind. You choose to carry on blindly. I could care less.

So I was right.

Nothing EJ does, no matter how well he plays, can get you to change your mind about him.

And my mind is not made up one way or the other. I will let the season play out before I make my mind up about EJ.
            Last edited by better days; 08-21-2014, 02:36 PM.

Comment

• Yasgur's Farm
              • Feb 2005

Save your breath BD... These 2 guys get off on being contrary and causing a fuss.

Comment

• kishoph
                • Jun 2003

Well, you & other critics of EJ already have your mind made up about him.

What does EJ need to do against the Bears to change your mind about him?

It doesn't matter what he does, he could play a great game and the response would be, "so what it's only one game". While on the other hand, even if he plays an average game, you'll hear "he a bust". There's people that have a preconceived opinion on Manuel and will never change their minds. Which is why you'll hear things like, "he hasn't progressed at all from last year", which comes from people that are not only trying to BS others, but also trying to BS themselves. Unless they're blind, "I see it with my own eyes".

Comment

• Swiper
                  Legendary Zoner
                  • Sep 2010

You are the only one trying to convince yourself and others of things that don't exist.

Comment

• stuckincincy
                    Buffalo Bills Fan
                    • Sep 2003

Originally posted by kishoph View Post
                    It doesn't matter what he does, he could play a great game and the response would be, "so what it's only one game". While on the other hand, even if he plays an average game, you'll hear "he a bust". There's people that have a preconceived opinion on Manuel and will never change their minds. Which is why you'll hear things like, "he hasn't progressed at all from last year", which comes from people that are not only trying to BS others, but also trying to BS themselves. Unless they're blind, "I see it with my own eyes".
                    Folks that earn a living about commenting and evaluating football players aren't tossing roses at Manuel. Based on his college career, what he has done in his first season, based on what he has shown in the preseason.

Do you think somehow this season, he will bloom into a qb that takes charge, whips up and motivates the troops, his eyes open and sees all the schemes and deceptions a defense may present?

If they decided to offer him up in trade, what do you think BUF would be offered?

He's here, he's the starter. A better discussion would be about how to plan with him as a given. Which, BTW, I think the BUF staff is doing.
                    Fiat justitia ruat caelum. Noli timere. Laus Deo.

Comment

• kishoph
                      • Jun 2003

Originally posted by stuckincincy View Post
                      Folks that earn a living about commenting and evaluating football players aren't tossing roses at Manuel. Based on his college career, what he has done in his first season, based on what he has shown in the preseason.

Do you think somehow this season, he will bloom into a qb that takes charge, whips up and motivates the troops, his eyes open and sees all the schemes and deceptions a defense may present?

If they decided to offer him up in trade, what do you think BUF would be offered?

He's here, he's the starter. A better discussion would be about how to plan with him as a given. Which, BTW, I think the BUF staff is doing.
                      Maybe they're not heaping praise on Manuel, but there have been enough reports from media that have been at the practices and preseason games that are saying Manuel is doing things that he wasn't doing last season and that is progression. Which one of us knows how much better he can become, but he is moving forward and that's all I can ask for at this time. It was said from the time he was drafted he is a project and I'm willing to give him some time instead of just trying to make people believe that he hasn't improved or even more ridiculously say, he's gotten worse. Everyone is entitled to their opinion and I might not like them all, but if people are gonna lie about it, then I'm definitely not gonna like it and I'll call anyone out on it. Just as I have asked for anyone to show something that says he isn't improving and/or getting worse, other than the typical, "I see it with my eyes".

Comment

• stuckincincy
                        Buffalo Bills Fan
                        • Sep 2003

Originally posted by kishoph View Post
                        Maybe they're not heaping praise on Manuel, but there have been enough reports from media that have been at the practices and preseason games that are saying Manuel is doing things that he wasn't doing last season and that is progression. Which one of us knows how much better he can become, but he is moving forward and that's all I can ask for at this time. It was said from the time he was drafted he is a project and I'm willing to give him some time instead of just trying to make people believe that he hasn't improved or even more ridiculously say, he's gotten worse. Everyone is entitled to their opinion and I might not like them all, but if people are gonna lie about it, then I'm definitely not gonna like it and I'll call anyone out on it. Just as I have asked for anyone to show something that says he isn't improving and/or getting worse, other than the typical, "I see it with my eyes".
                        Who is lying? Who can say anything else but saying "I see with it with my eyes."? That's all a fan can do - they aren't employees, they aren't privy to a private businesses' meetings and inner workings.

Good gosh - 15 years and counting. How can it be possible to give the Bills organization any benefit of the doubt about whatever they do and whatever they utter?
                        Fiat justitia ruat caelum. Noli timere. Laus Deo.

Comment

• kishoph
                          • Jun 2003

Who is lying? Who can say anything else but saying "I see with it with my eyes."? That's all a fan can do - they aren't employees, they aren't privy to a private businesses' meetings and inner workings.

Good gosh - 15 years and counting. How can it be possible to give the Bills organization any benefit of the doubt about whatever they do and whatever they utter?
                          The reports are not only coming from the Bills organization. Without me saying any names, I can say I'm not referring to anything you have posted. I know we have different opinions and see things differently, but as far as I can recall you at least offer something that can be looked at and not just pulling it out of thin air and also can try to look at something objectively.
                          I will always be a "Homer" but I haven't or will I say that Manuel is going to turn into some great QB, but I'm willing to give him some time to see if he can develop and I'm certainly not willing to label him a bust after 9/10 games.

Comment

• Swiper
                            Legendary Zoner
                            • Sep 2010

So I was right.

Nothing EJ does, no matter how well he plays, can get you to change your mind about him.

And my mind is not made up one way or the other. I will let the season play out before I make my mind up about EJ.
                            Once again, you're putting words into somebody's mouth that didn't say them. I would change my mind. I don't expect that to happen. This "progression" that kippy sees is in his head. Rewatch the Pittsburgh game.

Comment

• better days
                              • Jan 2010

Well, someone that has not seen him with their own two eyes is lying if they say that.

And watching the game on TV the little EJ has played so far is not really seeing with my eyes.

Comment

• better days
                                • Jan 2010

I was not putting words in your mouth, I got them from this post

Comment

Working...
                                X